My hyperactive uterus... a vent - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-19-2011, 10:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

TOTALLY thought I was in labor Sunday night... contractions started 8 mins apart and 2 hours later were 4 mins apart and very strong. I put off calling my midwife as long as I could (I had a false labor with baby #2 so I was suspicious) but eventually decided this was the real deal and we should head to the hospital so I could have time to get checked and settled into the waterbirth room because I suspected this labor was moving fast.  Get to the hospital before my midwife just in time to see another woman going into the waterbirth room, and then hearing her scream bloody murder (I'm a very quiet birther by nature) totally shut me down.  MW checks me and I am 1cm, thats it! I feel so deflated because: I really thought I was in labor and it was progressing, AND now I totally question my ability to tell when I am actually in labor (which I don't think is especially painful anyway, so it's really hard to tell! I was going on timing, but my every 4 mins contractions apparently weren't doing much).  Needless to say, I went home. Contractions continued at 4 mins through to Monday and then completely stopped for a few hours.  Monday evening they came back, every 15 mins and very strong.... where they have been until now.  It's annoying... every 15 mins I have a very strong contraction. Seriously, could my uterus just give it a rest until labor kicks in? Maybe all this contracting will get me a few cm before actual labor starts? I'm so tired of this. Thanks for reading my vent.  Anyway today is my due date so hopefully baby will be making his entrance soon.

#2 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 AM

I know it's no consolation, but I'm right there with you.  I'm 4 days overdue now.  I woke up yesterday after having contractions that woke me up all night, and I hopped in the shower to see if the hot water would stop, slow down or otherwise diminish the contractions.  Nope, everything was still going.  I'd had a little bloody show on Sunday, and a lot yesterday morning.  Contractions were every 4-5 minutes and really strong.  I asked DH to stay home from work, got DD's bag packed and sent her off with a friend "just in case", called my midwife...and then it all slowed down and eventually pretty much stopped.

They picked up again last night at bedtime, strong enough to stop me in my tracks.  I went to bed, thinking I'd better try to get a good night's sleep.  And I did get a good night's sleep, because they stopped again.  I had a few big ones that woke me up, but I had a pretty solid night of sleep, and felt totally fine when I woke up this morning.  There's NOTHING happening, other than more abundant gross mucousy discharge, which I suppose means things are progressing.

I have an appointment with my midwife this morning anyway, and she's going to check me and then probably strip my membranes.  

I don't mind being overdue, but I hate not knowing what my body's doing.  It's so completely frustrating to me, and yesterday afternoon I sat down and burst into tears because I just overwhelmed and confused.

Good luck to you!

#3 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 06:29 AM

hug2.gif

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#4 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 06:30 AM

if it makes you feel any better, I've been in labor for 3 weeks already.  Yesterday afternoon my water broke so now I'm on a time crunch to have this baby and I'm not in active labor yet.  So..there we go.  Given I also tend not to feel a ton of pain, which is both a blessing and a curse....

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#5 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 06:45 AM

I have a very lazy uterus.  4 days overdue and NOTHING going on.  Not sure if that's better than stopping and starting!  Hang in there, everybody, it can't be long now!  (I hope...)

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#6 of 12 Old 04-20-2011, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

The good news is, nobody has ever been pregnant forever.  Labor dust for everyone! haha I also feel like I'm going crazy just sitting around waiting for my uterus to do something.  Even though I've been trying to keep active, these cx are ensuring my mind stays on "when am i going to be in real labor?".  It's so hard to truly relax and stop thinking about it.

#7 of 12 Old 04-21-2011, 12:09 AM

Ooh, I have company in Prodromal Purgatory. Last pregnancy, I had 11 days of regular, timeable contractions before the final 2 1/2 days of "real" labour. I always say I was in labour for two weeks. Yesterday I started having regular contractions at 6-8 mnutes apart... and they have continued the same way ever since. I notice them most when I sit, but as long as I am keeping busy, I can ignore them. I would prefer a less lengthy labour this time around though... it would be nice to have one of my children actually be born in his/her due month. :)

#8 of 12 Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 AM

Oh I understand!  I am famous for my long early labors.  However, it did do something because once I was in active labor (4 cm and ouch with no water) it was 1 hr and 15 min until baby arrived.  Intense but awesome!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#9 of 12 Old 04-21-2011, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Last night was ridiculous. I woke up at 2:30 with intense contractions that were one right on top of the other, it felt like transition and I was a bit freaked out.  I went into the bathroom and had a few bm, and couldn't leave the bathroom for a good half hour after.  I was on my hands and knees leaning over my sons stepstool, it was really intense.  I wanted to call my MW, but decided we should try and wait until 3:30 (which at the time seemed impossible).  My husband helped me back to the room and I was on my hands and knees on the bed for awhile.  But things started to slow down, I was getting a break between contractions and I decided a shower might help them slow down more if this wasn't actual labor starting.  A shower did just that, and I was able to get to sleep.  This morning we're back to every 20 mins a strong contraction rolls around.  This is so crazy.  I feel like once things get going for real, he is going to just come flying out of me. 

#10 of 12 Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 PM

i did not enjoy laboring with my water broken. it was not the most enjoyable thing. last time I got to 6cm without even feeling a need to call the midwife. this time I was there early however I also had weeks of on/off labor and from water breaking to delivery was 6 hrs but not all of that was labor. I had about an hour after my water broke before I felt anything substantial

Quote:
Originally Posted by organicviolin View Post

Oh I understand!  I am famous for my long early labors.  However, it did do something because once I was in active labor (4 cm and ouch with no water) it was 1 hr and 15 min until baby arrived.  Intense but awesome!

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#11 of 12 Old 04-21-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmy2Joshs View Post

The good news is, nobody has ever been pregnant forever.  Labor dust for everyone! haha I also feel like I'm going crazy just sitting around waiting for my uterus to do something.  Even though I've been trying to keep active, these cx are ensuring my mind stays on "when am i going to be in real labor?".  It's so hard to truly relax and stop thinking about it.

Starting to think I may be the first....

Married to Chris (4/07),  WOHM to DSD Sam wave.gif (2/01), missing our angels Phoebe angel3.gif (3/10) and Ronan angel2.gif (4/11).

#12 of 12 Old 04-23-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdmama View Post

Starting to think I may be the first....

Hows it going? Any action for you? When was your edd?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page