PP Mama's- WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?!?! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am having the hardest time with clothes!!  As I did with my previous pregnancies, I gained a ton of weight.  61lbs.  I'm also not quick to lose anything.  So far I've lost about 15-20.  Before I got pregnant this time I had lost weight and was finally down to my pre-baby weight.  I wore a size 10-12 and I got rid of everything that was bigger than that.  Now the only thing that "fits" me are my maternity pants.  I have a pair of jeans, a pair of capris and a pair of shorts.  They have the secret fit panel and dont fit well but its all I can get on.  I have 2 pairs of shorts from early pregnancy but I can get them up over my thighs yet!!!  I don't really have any shirts either because my maternity shirts are too big and my regular shirts are too small.  I don't want to buy anything but I'm wearling the same 2 outfits every day. 

I hate this part of it.  I've been through this exact same thing 2 times but the last time I still had some fat clothes hanging around. 

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 07:36 AM

I'm going through the same thing. I gained 50 even which is what I always gain and I've lost 21. Rather depressing. My mom bought me some yoga pants and shirts since we had a week long hospital stay with the baby after she was born and she didn't want me wandering around the maternity floor in my jammies after I'd been discharged. lol So I have a few things but nothing I can really go "out" in. We went to church yesterday and it was awful trying to find something to wear. I found an old knit dress in the back of my closet that was nursing friendly and I wore that but it was no flattering! Ugh I don't want to buy anything either but I think I'm going to need to buy at least one pair of capris and one shirt or something. I'm trying not to get depressed over the weight gain especially since this is our last baby but it's hard!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:49 AM - Thread Starter

EXACTLY!!  This is last baby and I don't want to focus on losing weight or anything.  He's not even a month old but  I have nothing to wear!! Wish I was one of those who only got a cute little preggo belly but I gain as much in butt and legs as I do belly.   Maybe I will go to Ross or TJ Maxx or Target and see about getting a couple pairs of pants.  I do have a few nursing tank tops to wear that my MIL and SIL bought me but I really should wear a shirt over those, I think.  

Old 04-25-2011, 08:05 AM

I gain in my butt and belly too! Ugh! I tried hard this time not to gain too much but I think I could exercise 6 days a week and eat nothing but veggies when I'm pregnant and still gain 50 lbs. I was hoping to have less than 20 lbs to lose but no such luck. I have to be in a wedding in October too and that's not helping things!! I don't want to be huge at the wedding.

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

grace is just 2 weeks old. I am trying not to obsess  but I am still in maternity pants. I had a lot of low rise under the belly pants so they fit fine. my hips and but and legs didn't change much. However i went from a B cup to a D cup(when do these things regulate better?) my husband is amused. he keeps commenting on them. my belly still looks like I'm a few months pregnant. I got on the scale once since coming home, but being eating disordered my hubby panicked and removed the scale from the house (good call) because I looked at the number and burst into hysterical tears. I didn't even gain all that much!

I am still wearing a lot of the shirts I wore while pregnant since most were just a size o two bigger and a bit longer. I do wear my waist cincher during the day especially if I go out. I wore it to church yesterday and felt like I looked OK. but ughhh. not happy but really don't want to freak out. 

Having a daughter puts pressure on me to make sure she doesn't end up damaged like I am. I need to watch what I say and what I do. I know shes too young right now to care but soon enough she will. I want her to be healthy, strong and I so desperately want her to love herself.No matter what shape or size she is

Annemarie ~catholic mom of 8 -4 boys (19-16-10-7).Emma)2 girls (3 and 1)Someone new due in April too!An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog
Old 04-25-2011, 03:20 PM

I am definitely in the same boat!!!  Fortunately, I had a friend make me 3 yoga-waist skirts in mid-pregnancy that fit me now.  Otherwise, I would be up a creek.  I also gain a lot when pregnant no matter what I do.  I ate exceptionally well this time and *still* gained about 50 lbs. :(  I have lost about 20 so far (baby is one week).  I am not going to try hard to lose weight the first several months.  My main problem now is like OP--I had just lost all of my weight from my last baby (he's 3) and had pitched all of my huge clothes.  I was wearing a size 8/10 and feeling pretty good.  Now, my bust is so enormous that NOTHING fits!  I am going to have to break down and purchase some tent-tops.  I also dislike this part.  I did get a belly binder and I LOVE it.  It really helps.  I am definitely squishy, but not totally stretched out looking since wearing the binder for a week.

Old 04-25-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post

I am definitely in the same boat!!!  Fortunately, I had a friend make me 3 yoga-waist skirts in mid-pregnancy that fit me now. 

DDCC to ask - what's a yoga waist?

Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM

Old 04-25-2011, 11:32 PM

For the last three weeks, I've been wearing my old navy yoga maternity pants (I have two pairs) around the house every day. I have a pair of brown comfortable khakis that fit me well now too, but I think that is the only pair of structured pants that fit.

I have lost about 25 out of 38, amazingly. So I have about 12-13 to go for pre-preg weight and then about 30 to get to where I want to be.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 04-26-2011, 05:09 AM

This is so where I'm at!!! 

Now, at 4 weeks post-partum, I don't fit into any of my bottoms!  I gained about 30-35 lbs this pregnancy and am about 10-12 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight.  I don't fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans yet, and even if I lose 10 lbs I'm not sure I will as my body has seemingly changed shape. I seem to have more hips and a waist with curves and a tummy now.

Right now I'm stuck wearing my 3 pairs of maternity pants and 1 pair of yoga pants, which are all too big, and I'm constantly hiking them up.  I can't walk two steps without feeling my pants sag!  Luckily most of my shirts still fit, I'm now just limited by which ones are nursing friendly.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM - Thread Starter

so yesterday I went to TJ Maxx and tried on some pants.  BIG MISTAKE!!!  OMG!  I put on a pair of 16's and they were tight!!  HOLY CRAP.  I am not buying 16's.  My biggest pre-preg pants are 12's.  I did this the other 2 times so it shouldn't freak me out this much but it totally is.  I guess I need to stick to sweats and yoga pants for another month.  Even the old navy maternity sweats aren't fitting well.  they fit in the legs but I am always pulling them up.  I think I need a pair or 2 of non-maternity yoga or sweat pants.  Maybe I'll hit an Old Navy today. 

I went to lunch yesterday with some friends and had on maternity capri length jeans that I had tio keep yanking up and DH's tshirt!  I wore my hair down and makeup just so I wouldn't look like too much of a hot mess. 

Old 04-26-2011, 08:31 AM

DDCC from March- I'm 6 wks PP and struggling with this, too.

Just wanted to let you all know that I bought some new clothes online yesterday from Old Navy- there is a coupon code good until Wed.- 20% off at Banana, Gap, and Old Navy, brongap20

I bought some new shorts and one pair of pants so I could leave the house in something other than my one pair of maternity jeans!

Adrienne belly.gif - Loving my DHguitar.gif, our daughter Harper Emaline ROTFLMAO.gif (3/2011), and maybe a baby?? jaw2.gif (5/2013)

Old 04-26-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post

http://boutiquelinnea.com/Gallery.php

Totally DDCC to say that Linnea's long gypsy skirts fit a huge range of sizes! I have one that fits perfectly when not pregnant, and still fits right now at 25wks with room to grow. I'm looking forward to wearing post baby too :)

~SynEpona~
Old 04-26-2011, 12:50 PM

3 weeks pp and also dealing with this.

Last night I went grocery shopping in the yoga pants I've been wearing all pregnancy. Well they've apparently lost their ability to retian thier old (prepregnancy) shape because I constantly had to hike them up all through the store.

Am hoping to get some more yoga pants and some tops to nurse in as the tops I have don't work as well as I'd like. Ideally I'd like to be back to my pre-children weight (ha!) after this child but I doubt that'll happen any time soon.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:42 PM

My past experiences put me toward exercise pants. There are some decent looking ones out there now. I like the ones with draw strings cuz they are more adjustable. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 05-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Walmart has Danskin black capris with a belly panel in the front for $15. I love these things...i think i'll go back and look for other colors. Holds the belly in nice and tight and they are super comfortable and being capris...great for summer!

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg

User Tag List