The cranky overdue thread. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 05:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Who else is still pregnant?  I'm 41w today and not too happy about it.  To top it off I recently got hemorrhoids and I think I have a yeast infection.  No signs of baby leaving the womb, ever.  If labor doesn't start by the weekend I get to drink castor oil on Sunday.  Oh and baby is very stubbornly posterior.  Isn't pregnancy awesome?

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

#2 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 06:36 AM

me...depending on dates, either 41+3 or 40 today. Mw checked me yesterday and I was 5cm, 80%+ , 0 station with a bulging bag of waters, and yet still not in labor. Ugh. I asked het to strip my membranes to see if that would push me over the edge but other than giving me somer ctx that petered out, nothing.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#3 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter

Well I'm jealous that your 5cm already.  Last week and the week before I was a big fat 0...  I doubt I'm having an April baby after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post

me...depending on dates, either 41+3 or 40 today. Mw checked me yesterday and I was 5cm, 80%+ , 0 station with a bulging bag of waters, and yet still not in labor. Ugh. I asked het to strip my membranes to see if that would push me over the edge but other than giving me somer ctx that petered out, nothing.

#4 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 09:06 AM

I'm not actually overdue but I'm cranky! I'm definitely ready to be done. I'm really hoping for an April baby still. 

My first came in the 38th week and my second came in the 39th. I'm really hoping to not go past 40. 

I feel for any of you that are already past it. I think I might cry if I get to be pregnant that long even though I know it can be normal. It is just so miserable at this point. 

My good friend who was due 2 days before me, already had her baby a week ago. That makes it harder.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#5 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 09:09 AM

Taryn, if it makes you feel any better, I walked around pretty dilated for weeks with DD and still didn't have her for a while AND they kept telling me it would be a super fast labor... um not so much. Still took me 45 hours to go from 4cm -7cm. Once my water broke things picked up pretty quickly but apparently I have bags of steel or something. I've heard of women going from 0cm to baby in arms in one day, so you have just as much of a chance as I do! And for both of our sakes, I hope we go soon...

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#6 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 10:09 AM

41 +2 days here. I swear the baby's head fell into my pelvis last night though. It was weird, I woke up to this feeling of him falling down. And now I'm waddling. eyesroll.gif  

Oh well, maybe it means he wants to get here soon. I certainly hope so. I keep hoping for more contractions. Nothing yet. Maybe he's waiting for May.

#7 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn237 View Post

Who else is still pregnant?  I'm 41w today and not too happy about it.  To top it off I recently got hemorrhoids and I think I have a yeast infection.  No signs of baby leaving the womb, ever.  If labor doesn't start by the weekend I get to drink castor oil on Sunday.  Oh and baby is very stubbornly posterior.  Isn't pregnancy awesome?

That's pretty much me exactly.  I'm 41+2 weeks today.  I think I have a 3rd pregnancy issue... my two previous babies were born before their due dates.  

I've been having "practice" labour for weeks now.  I lose mucous plug every day and have painful contractions every day but they never get any worse or progress.  I'm about 50% effaced and about 3-4 cm dilated with a very soft cervix but that doesn't seem to change either.  I honestly think I will never go into labour on my own.  It just doesn't make sense because my body had no issue going into labour with my previous two pregnancies, no practice, just the real thing right away.

Be careful with the castor oil, I took that a week and a half ago and I swear I will never do it again.... that's what gave me the hemmerhoids... the cramping and burning was horrible!

My plan is to have my midwife break my water at home on Friday afternoon (after my fiance arrives back here from the US).  Hopefully that will get labour going and I can still have my home birth.  If I'm still not in labour by Saturday afternoon, I will have a pitocin induction in the hospital but continue with midwife care and go home 3 hours after.  Definitely not my ideal... I've had two spontaneous natural labours and I hate the idea of being induced... but I gotta do what I gotta do - my fiance has to go back to school on Monday to finish exams (he'll be gone 2 weeks).  

My friend who was 2 weeks behind me had her baby nearly a week ago now.  It seems like everyone else has had their baby but me!

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

nocirc.giflactivist.gifwinner.jpgfemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifbfolderchild.gif

#8 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm at 40w today... Been cranky for a while now.  whistling.gif   I just started antibiotics for a kidney infection... I do feel better already, though I hate to kill my good gut flora.

No signs of labor anytime soon even though I've done most of the natural induction things. Think I'll skip the castor oil.

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#9 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 06:08 PM

Me! I'm still pregnant. this is my due week, I'm either 40w exactly today or 40w3d depending on how you calculate the date. I'm super surprised to still be pregnant. I've been having practice labor for 2 weeks now, and both my others had been born by now, the first at 40w exactly and the other at 39w -- both withOUT the practice labor. My doula says it's her fault, that all her mamas have been having prodromal labor lately ;) that made me laugh!

I have ctx off and on all day, but nothing organized or regular, and some cramping, but no loose BMs or even mucous plug! I'm frustrated by not loosing the mucous plug, it makes me afraid that I'm not progressing at all despite the practice labor. I have a MW appt tomorrow and am thinking about asking her to check me, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. I might cry if i'm only 1cm and 20% effaced or something.... even though I know it means nothing and I could have a baby six hours later. I just hate to infect my brain with numbers... but I wanna know...but...

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#10 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

Me! I'm still pregnant. this is my due week, I'm either 40w exactly today or 40w3d depending on how you calculate the date. I'm super surprised to still be pregnant. I've been having practice labor for 2 weeks now, and both my others had been born by now, the first at 40w exactly and the other at 39w -- both withOUT the practice labor. My doula says it's her fault, that all her mamas have been having prodromal labor lately ;) that made me laugh!

I have ctx off and on all day, but nothing organized or regular, and some cramping, but no loose BMs or even mucous plug! I'm frustrated by not loosing the mucous plug, it makes me afraid that I'm not progressing at all despite the practice labor. I have a MW appt tomorrow and am thinking about asking her to check me, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not. I might cry if i'm only 1cm and 20% effaced or something.... even though I know it means nothing and I could have a baby six hours later. I just hate to infect my brain with numbers... but I wanna know...but...

I think it's the third baby thing... I never made it to my due date with my first two or had any practice labour either.  This one is just totally different!  Way overdue and tons of practice labour... just about every day.  I've had 5 stretch and sweeps (getting another one tomorrow), lost tons of mucous plug (I lose some every day, some days more than others).  But never any real labour.  It seems like this baby has set itself up as a permanent fixture in my body.  I feel like my body is never going into labour on it's own.

Mummy to DD-8yrs (Jan-04), DS-5yrs (Dec-06) and DS2-19mths (Apr-11). pos.gif #4 EDD July 26 2013

#11 of 50 Old 04-27-2011, 11:09 PM

Umm.. So I'm out, baby boy arrived tonight after only 4 min of pushing!

#12 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 04:52 AM

yay! congrats Rachel!!

Quote:

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#13 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Wow.  Hoping my birth ends up going so quickly.

Quote:

I've been up with the kids for about an hour and I'm already ready to tear my hair out.  They are just driving me crazy.  DS spent the day at my in-laws yesterday which was so wonderful.  I didn't want him back.  Isn't that awful?  Only 2 1/2 hours until nap time.  Then after that my BIL is coming over to watch the kids so DH and I can go to my MW appt without them.  I'm praying she can actually strip my membranes this time to get things going... and that I'm not still at 0....

#14 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Feeling a bit better after today's appt.  Baby should be arriving Saturday.  I am 3cm and 'VERY favorable' to castor oil so my midwife thinks I just need to get labor going and I should be holding baby 8-13 hours after the first dose of castor oil.  DH is bring the kiddos to my parents tomorrow and then taking me out for our last date night for awhile.  I plan on having my castor oil, OJ, vanilla ice cream smoothie for breakfast Sat. morning.  The end is in sight!

#15 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM

I had an appt today too. Midwife did "stretch and sweep" my membranes, she said I'm at 3cm. Yay! I know number don't really mean anything, but I've never dilated before actual labor, and this is my 4th baby, so it might in my case. His head is lower, at a +1 by her estimate. And the non-stress test was great, he was moving so much they had a hard time keeping the heartbeat monitor in place. They are hoping for tonight, but we'll see. They also suggested acupuncture, so I might make that appointment for tomorrow, if I don't go tonight. The end is in sight for me as well! I just hope it goes easily. 

Oh, and I ran into a woman at my daughter's school who was due in mid May and she had her baby two weeks ago! It would have been harder to take if I wasn't standing there talking to her while having contractions though. :) Crossing fingers that it's soon for all of us!!

#16 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 04:17 PM

Quote:

I'm out too, after a very sudden and speedy delivery this morning.  Sounds like we had similar deliveries Kalamos... I pushed twice - once for the head, once for the body.  

Hang in there ladies... I was 10 days overdue.  It will happen soon for you too!

#17 of 50 Old 04-28-2011, 06:26 PM

Me!  Due date's tomorrow.  I'm 3cm so far.  Just want this baby here already.

Ryan 08-28-08  & Julianna 5-3-11
#18 of 50 Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm still pregnant! 40 weeks, 4 days today and the baby is still posterior as well. I've  had two acupuncture appointments this week, been taking Evening Primrose Oil caps, walking, doing inversions, drinking raspberry leaf tea. My uterus has been practicing nearly every night (BH 5 min apart from 8-10pm) for months now, with some BH during the day! I do feel as though the baby dropped yesterday. I'm being patient as I can and trying to be confident that the baby will come out before the 42 week mark. 

Hang in there everyone! congrats to those whose babies came out!!

#19 of 50 Old 04-29-2011, 12:07 PM

I read somewhere yesterday that less than 10% of babies stay in past 42 weeks.  Hang in there ladies!

#20 of 50 Old 04-29-2011, 12:26 PM

Taryn so glad the end is in sight!!!!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#21 of 50 Old 04-29-2011, 02:04 PM

My MW said the same thing yesterday about third babies. Actually both MWs have said it, I talked to the other one this morning and she said it too. I had an appt yesterday and had her check me. I'm 2cm and 50%, and she guessed baby's around -2, so pretty floaty still. I'm just happy there's something going on down there lol. I'd have cried if after 2 weeks of practice labor I was still closed thick and high! Man I forgot how much vag checks hurt though. I only had one with the last pregnancy and I was in labor, too far into laborland to remember what it felt like.

So anyway, I am keeping on keeping on. mamaki, you give me hope that I will have a baby soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaki View Post

I think it's the third baby thing... I never made it to my due date with my first two or had any practice labour either.  This one is just totally different! 

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
#22 of 50 Old 04-30-2011, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Just drank my first castor oil smoothie.  It is less disgusting with ice cream in it than just oj and castor oil which is what I did with DD.  Praying for a baby TODAY!

#23 of 50 Old 04-30-2011, 07:41 AM

Hope it goes well.

Quote:

Just drank my first castor oil smoothie.  It is less disgusting with ice cream in it than just oj and castor oil which is what I did with DD.  Praying for a baby TODAY!

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

#24 of 50 Old 04-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Good luck mama!!!

Quote:

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#25 of 50 Old 04-30-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleumoose View Post

My MW said the same thing yesterday about third babies. Actually both MWs have said it, I talked to the other one this morning and she said it too. I had an appt yesterday and had her check me. I'm 2cm and 50%, and she guessed baby's around -2, so pretty floaty still. I'm just happy there's something going on down there lol. I'd have cried if after 2 weeks of practice labor I was still closed thick and high! Man I forgot how much vag checks hurt though. I only had one with the last pregnancy and I was in labor, too far into laborland to remember what it felt like.

So anyway, I am keeping on keeping on. mamaki, you give me hope that I will have a baby soon!

Yeah don't worry too much about where baby is sitting. Mine was at around 3 cm and still floaty too - the midwives could push his head out but said when I had a contraction it engaged nicely. Anyway, that's where I was at until I went into labour as far as I know. Then in about 30 mins I made it to 8-9 cm and on the perineum with membranes bulging. 20 min later he was born. So when labour happened for real my body ended up being super fast and efficient, thank goodness. It made up for being so overdue!

Also, my baby was posterior for ages but he turned himself prior to birth.

It won't be long, hang in there!

#26 of 50 Old 04-30-2011, 09:33 PM

Thinking of all of you waiting to meet your babies... sending you positive thoughts for quick and easy labours.

#27 of 50 Old 05-01-2011, 05:28 AM - Thread Starter

I made a new thread over in May: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310903/april-showers-bring-may-flowers

I posted this over there too:

I am 41w4d today. I tried to induce with castor oil yesterday, two 2 oz. doses 4 hours apart, and that got contractions going but they fizzled out. I really really thought I'd be holding my baby by now :( The plan for today is lots and lots of nipple stim. I don't want to have to go for the overdue ultrasound tomorrow and our kids have already been at grandma's for two nights and I don't want them to be there past Tues. or Wed. As my MW said (who went overdue with all 4 of her's) this is like the 'ninth ring of hell.' I couldn't agree more.

#28 of 50 Old 05-01-2011, 06:55 AM

Any herbs or whatever the midwife could recommend for ya? Like blue cohosh or whatnot? I'm not terribly familiar, just suggesting. Hope you can get it going with the nipple stim.

Quote:

I made a new thread over in May: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1310903/april-showers-bring-may-flowers

I am 41w4d today. I tried to induce with castor oil yesterday, two 2 oz. doses 4 hours apart, and that got contractions going but they fizzled out. I really really thought I'd be holding my baby by now :( The plan for today is lots and lots of nipple stim. I don't want to have to go for the overdue ultrasound tomorrow and our kids have already been at grandma's for two nights and I don't want them to be there past Tues. or Wed. As my MW said (who went overdue with all 4 of her's) this is like the 'ninth ring of hell.' I couldn't agree more.

#29 of 50 Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hear the castor oil didn't work. It didn't work for me either, though it made me rather miserable for a day. I could get contrax going with nipple stim too, but it never led to anything. I also tried homeopathics (cimicifuga and clorophyllum). They seemed to help keep contractions going but again never went anywhere.

I finally gave up and decided this baby was going to come when he was well and truly ready, which he did. It ended up being very fast and a great experience. I guess the patience paid off lol.

#30 of 50 Old 05-01-2011, 10:52 AM

Still here too, 42 weeks tomorrow. I had acupuncture on Friday night, it hurt! All I got was more of the same contractions, which I've had for 2 days now. Sleeping is becoming impossible. I've been saying that he just wants a May b-day. Well, here it is baby, we can't wait to meet you. 

We went out all day yesterday. Helped at the yard cleanup at my girls' school, went to the science museum and IMAX, then a jewelry party (at my midwife's house) before crashing at 10pm. Contractions all night, to where I almost got up, but now they're gone too. 

Anyway, trying to get the house cleaned up, again, so that we're ready. One more week and I can't have a homebirth, so fingers crossed that it happens soon!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page