PP sex and lilypadz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-27-2011, 10:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Soooo I had a totally normal vaginal delivery with some superficial tears and was fully expecting to get my doing-its back on easily... At 5 weeks, my husband and I tried to make the loves and failed. We used lots of lube and took is slow but it just felt like it wouldn't fit! I had like a tight, burny feeling inside. Ugh lame. now I am afraid we will never be able to have sex again!  Help me!

Ok, next question; I have some lilypadz silicone nursing pads but am afraid it is too early to use them. I am 6 weeks post partum but still have crazy leaking boobs and super strong let down. Is it ok to use them? Every time I wear the LO in the sling, I take him out and have leak through! More help needed from those who know :)

Thanks!

partytime.gifBabytime! treehugger.gifMomma to Wyatt born April 2012 h20homebirth.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I used Lilypadz at that stage and they worked great.

Wife to DH, mama to bikenew.gif DD (7) ribboncesarean.gif, babyf.gif DS born 3/12 ribboncesarean.gif, and have had five early losses. angel1.gif
I have Stiff Person Syndrome and my other car is a candy apple red Rascal. Feel free to ask me about it. wheelchair.gif
Old 05-28-2011, 08:15 AM

After my first vaginal birth it took about 4 or 5 attempts (over a few months) until sex felt normal again.  I was also worried it never would.  This time I'm not looking forward to it... poor DH.  I did have 2nd degree tears both times.  My perineum is still sore if I push on it so nothing for awhile still.  I'm almost 4w PP, after DD1 we resumed at 3w PP.  Not the best idea.  lol.

Taryn-31 Crunchy Conservative Catholic SAHM with DH-32
DS 7.5, DD 5 (vbac), DD 2.5 (vbac), and DD 12/30/13 (vbac)

Old 05-29-2011, 01:03 PM

After my first it took several months before we even tried sex, and then it took another few months before it was regular, and maybe close to a year before it didn't hurt. I had a bad 3rd degree tear, close to 4th degree I think. After #2, we were back at it right around 6w PP with little to no pain. This time will likely be similar.  Keep trying,  you WILL have sex again, but it takes some patience and perseverence.

I don't see any reason why the lilypadz won't work. Go for it!

Allison.... mom of DS1 (7) and DS2 (4) and awaiting #3 near the end of April 2011
Old 06-06-2011, 10:01 AM

It took me months before I could try after my first birth.  Like 3 or 4.  Give it time--you'll get back there.

Old 06-09-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the relies! we still haven't tried again because of exhausting family visits and he's deploying to Afghanistan at the end of the month. I will just have to trust in my marriage and keep communicating.

Oh also the lilypadz did not work for me and my strong let down I got encapsulated puddles :(

partytime.gifBabytime! treehugger.gifMomma to Wyatt born April 2012 h20homebirth.gif

Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM

It was/is difficult for me and my husband to get back into the "swing" of things.  Having a baby brings so many changes that along with the physical discomfort or pain there is all the emotions to deal with as well.  I found that keeping open communication with my husband and continued intimacy like cuddling, hugging, kissing etc that the acutal sex isn't the elephant in the room that it once was.  I imagine that you are under added stress with your husbands pending deployment.  Good luck to you and hoping for your husbands speedy and safe return home.

Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM

That's rough, Karen--hope his deployment won't last too long, and I'm sorry you had to say good bye to him, especially with such a little one at home. I can't even imagine. My heart goes out to you military spouses.

lol at the encapsulated puddles--I have the same issue. Lilypadz generally work well but every so often one bursts and I get a wet spot down my shirt...

We've had sex once since the baby was born. It wasn't terrible, but not exactly earth shattering--it was a quickie while she was napping and I was kinda sore. We are both just so exhausted, and if we're not tied up in caring for her we are frantically catching up on personal stuff or trying to sleep.

I like Willowq's suggestions--we are trying to squeeze in as much cuddling as possible, and it helps.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

User Tag List