How much weight have your babies gained since birth? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just curious.I weighed her yesterday and she was 9 lbs 15 oz at 5 weeks 2 days, up from 7 lbs 10 oz.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#2 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Addi was 6lb11oz at birth.  On Monday, at her 2mo well baby visit (9w5d), she weighed 11lb3oz.  She's quite the little chunker!!!!  I figured she'd stay on the 20th percentile growth curve, but she's remarkably now shot up to consistently being somewhere in the 70th!

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#3 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 02:08 PM

We had Lucas' 2 month yesterday.  He was 12lbs14oz.  his birth weight was 8-13

Beccalove.gif mama to 2 girls and  IT'S A BOY!! 3/31/11 babyboy.gif
#4 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Grey turned 2 months yesterday... he was 9lbs 8 1/2 oz, up from his birth weight of 5lbs 8oz.  Where I live, he's completely average!  In fact, the dr said a woman came in with an 8 lb baby she delivered up here... that's so rare!  Guess if you want to have a small baby, go up up up in elevation :)

Julie, 29 married to Adam, 26... momma to Grey Radly born 3-31-11  and owner of a very happy-go-lucky hound dog Daisy!!! Pregnant with #2!!!! Due sometime in November??!!

winner.jpg

#5 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Henry was 12lb 11oz at his one month check. He was 9 12 at birth. At almost 8 weeks he's definitely over 14.5 lbs. He's a big boy.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#6 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 PM

Abbey is 7 weeks old and has only gained one pound. The pediatrician is worried about failure to thrive. I nurse on demand, I know I am making more milk than she will eat given the leaking, we also cosleep. She spits up a lot and only poops every 5 days or so. This is my fifth baby and none of my other kids had these issues. I am not sure what to do.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#7 of 19 Old 06-01-2011, 09:39 PM

Roarke was at his lowest weight of 8#4oz at 3 days old, and was up to 11# even at 3w6d. We are dealing with food allergies and so I think he might have been even heavier. He gained 2.5" in height since birth though!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#8 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattimomma View Post

Abbey is 7 weeks old and has only gained one pound. The pediatrician is worried about failure to thrive. I nurse on demand, I know I am making more milk than she will eat given the leaking, we also cosleep. She spits up a lot and only poops every 5 days or so. This is my fifth baby and none of my other kids had these issues. I am not sure what to do.

Has she been evaluated for lip/tongue tie (especially posterior)? Have you been able to check her actual transfer by doing pre and post-feed weight checks?  I would start there! She could also have some oral motor weakness that a speech pathologist could help you identify and correct as well.

Good luck!

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#9 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM

Our "little" guy started at 8lb 14 oz, and he was up to 12lb 8oz at 7 weeks.

Me,fly-by-nursing2.gif wife to DH familybed2.gif , SAHM to DD (4/26/09) and DS (4/9/11) h20homebirth.gif cd.gif

#10 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 09:52 AM - Thread Starter

hug.gif That must be worrisome. Though I thought it was normal for poops to go way down in frequency after month one? At any rate, I hope she starts gaining soon.

Quote:

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#11 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 AM

Wow that is worrisome.  Poor you guys!  Sounds like something with her mouth is getting in the way.  hmmm....best of luck sorting that out!

DS2 was 7 lb 12 oz @ birth, then lost to 7 lb 2 oz @ 3 days then @ 2 weeks was 8 lb 9 oz....now I have no clue.  Haven't brought him back yet.  He's got to beclosing 10 lbs though

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#12 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:

That sounds like my friend's baby who ended up being tongue tied. If you're looking for help you might ask for advice on the breastfeeding forum here.

mama to two sweet girls love.gif 8/05, fairy.gif 11/08, a handsome little guy babyboy.gif 4/11, and expecting another 5/13
always missing our angel1.gif (11/04, 4/07, 8/07, 5/10)
#13 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Wyatt was 10 lbs 3 oz at birth and now at 4w 4d, he's at 12.5lbs!

tea6.gifcancer-beating wife to caffix.gif DH since 7/4/09, mother to REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 5/1/11 + energy.gifDD 8/21/2013

angel1.gif (4/09) angel1.gif (5/12)

#14 of 19 Old 06-02-2011, 09:17 PM

I assume she is wetting and alert and acting normally? your hearing her swallow and all those other great signs? is she struggling at the breast?

i went through FTT with DS2. they never had answers but they had a ton of tests. it did turn out that he had an issue, but there isnt anything that can be done. I would give it a few more weeks unless shes uncomfortable or seems off to you.  also maybe making sure to nurse even more often schedule nursing times at least every 2 hrs maybe even closer if your willing?

when she does poop does it look normal?

anywhoo grace is almost 8 weeks weighed 7lbs3oz at birth went down to 6lbs10oz and as of last sunday was 9lbs9oz

Quote:

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#15 of 19 Old 06-03-2011, 06:57 AM

We have been going to the pediatrician every week so I assume they have looked at her tongue and it's fine. They have checked her blood sugar and her urine - all normal. She is meeting developmental milestones just fine -smiling, cooing, all that stuff. She wets her diaper regularly and the poo looks normal- yellow and soft and a lot of it when she does have a BM, since she only goes every 5 days or so. The pediatrician suggested a suppository if she doesn't have a BM after 3 days. They also suggested putting rice cereal in my pumped milk bottles, which I won't do. My next step is to cut dairy out of my diet and see if that helps the spitting up.

Birth Weight 8lbs 15 oz

Lowest Weight 8lbs 5oz

Past two weeks 9lbs 5.5oz

Yesterday 9lbs 7.5oz

It's really got me worried.

~Patti~ rainbow1284.gifMomma to three girls and three boys chicken3.gif, First mother to one girl triadadopt.jpg

Certified, card carrying member of the IEP Binder Clubkid.gif  

#16 of 19 Old 06-03-2011, 11:40 AM

are you worried simply because she isnt gaining? what does your mommy gut tell you? its great that she is developmentally on track. what is the concern for her only going every 5 days? is it possible she just has reflux? im just trying to brainstorm

Quote:

We have been going to the pediatrician every week so I assume they have looked at her tongue and it's fine. They have checked her blood sugar and her urine - all normal. She is meeting developmental milestones just fine -smiling, cooing, all that stuff. She wets her diaper regularly and the poo looks normal- yellow and soft and a lot of it when she does have a BM, since she only goes every 5 days or so. The pediatrician suggested a suppository if she doesn't have a BM after 3 days. They also suggested putting rice cereal in my pumped milk bottles, which I won't do. My next step is to cut dairy out of my diet and see if that helps the spitting up.

Birth Weight 8lbs 15 oz

Lowest Weight 8lbs 5oz

Yesterday 9lbs 7.5oz

Annemarie~ married to super hubbysuperhero.gif  ~catholic mom of 4 boys(fencing.gif.17+14)..(ribbonjigsaw.gif.splat.gif7).(.blahblah.gif.5)..(Emmaangel3.gif) Grace Clotilde. 4/10/11 someone new 2/2013

An yes I Blog @ You Leave me breadless blog

#17 of 19 Old 06-03-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:

She wets her diaper regularly and the poo looks normal- yellow and soft and a lot of it when she does have a BM, since she only goes every 5 days or so. The pediatrician suggested a suppository if she doesn't have a BM after 3 days.

Birth Weight 8lbs 15 oz

Lowest Weight 8lbs 5oz

Yesterday 9lbs 7.5oz

glad to hear she's developing well otherwise... smile.gif it's got to be pretty worrisome.

my DS has a BM every 5-6 days... the pedi that we see said not to worry until it's been 8 to 10 days (or it's a very small amount for the amount of time it has been). I'd (personally) be reluctant to do a suppository after only 3 days... just sayin' redface.gif

best of luck!

DP and I  rainbow1284.gif together since 2001, brokenheart.gif 4/10,  pos.gif 7/10
DS - planned h20homebirth.gif born via ribboncesarean.gif 4/4/2011
)O( treehugger.gif nocirc.gif winner.jpg cd.gif greenthumb.gif earth.gif whale.gif
#18 of 19 Old 06-04-2011, 09:56 AM

pattimomma-I'd talk to an LC and make sure she doesn't have a tongue issue, that she's latching right and getting that good hind milk. My LO does have reflux and although we didn't want to we did go the Zantac route because she was choking. Not fun. She gained slowly at first and it freaked me out but I redoubled my efforts to keep her on one breast longer and she's consistently been gaining approx 5 oz a week since then. She only poops every 3 days or so. I wouldn't worry about that!

Stacey reading.gif Happy wife to Rick coolshine.gif ,homeschooling Mama to Jacob, Noel, Joanna jumpers.gif  and a sweet stork-girl.gif due in the Spring!
#19 of 19 Old 06-04-2011, 01:04 PM

Anwen started out at 9lbs 9 oz.  She was just weighed at 13lbs 2 oz at 6 weeks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page