what dresses help hide baby weight? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I have about 15 lbs to lose and it hasn't budged in the last few weeks. With DS i didn't have to do a thing but breastfeed and the weight came off quickly. This time with #2, it is stubborn and I can tell my stomach is never going to be the same. I just ordered a one piece bathing suit (used to wear bikinis with no problem). So, of course I am going to try to be as active as possible and eat healthfully but, in the meantime, what can i wear??? I don't want to buy a whole new wardrobe so I was thinking a few comfortable cotton-type dresses for when I need to be "dressed" (ie not in stretchy pants and t-shirts). Any suggestions on what styles/material/brands work well? Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 06-08-2011, 12:54 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm in the same boat as you.  I need some new summer clothes - what I have is 95% work wear - and the casual clothes I do have either don't fit or aren't breastfeeding friendly. 

My strategy in purchasing two new dresses was to ensure easy access to my boobs and that I can wear it still when I'm 10lbs lighter.  I've purchased one wrap dress from North Face and another halter dress which is floor length and the elastic in the back makes it so I can slip my boob out to feed the baby.  Neither are clingy or fitted in the mid section.

DW and I are moms to two teens (DD 17 and DS 15) adopted through CAS in 2007 and a toddler (DD 2) born at home in March 2011.

#3 of 3 Old 06-10-2011, 09:19 AM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw a commercial for old navy and dresses for $15+. short and long. Target usually has cute clothes. Tj maxx type places should have good selections as well. I love clothing from kohls...a lot to choose from.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page