The light, the Motherlovin' Light! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

Mamas!!  Baby LR slept all night last night!!!  Out of the blue!  May you all get one of those special surprises someday soon.

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#2 of 5 Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wahoo! Congrats! What an amazing feeling. We're not there yet but each time she beats her previous longest stretch this blessed relief spreads over me...

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#3 of 5 Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 PM

wow thats amazing!!!  how long was the stretch? it took my DS 9.5 months before he did that!

Loving wife to DH partners.gif mama to DS1 3/13/09 sleepytime.gif, DS2 4/20/11 diaper.gif and expecting baby #3 in January! 3rdtri.gif

Professional violin.gifand attempting to computergeek2.gif while cd.gif femalesling.GIF learning.gif hang.gif knit.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)

She slept till 5am, which is great alone BUT she fell asleep at like 8 so it was a crazy long stretch.  She hasn't done it since but she is sleeping well.  This was, interestingly, on the heals of a bad 4 days where she hardly slept and was pretty cranky.  Babies...always keep you guessing.  Of course so does my 9 year old...and my husband for that matter.  ;-)  

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#5 of 5 Old 06-24-2011, 07:04 AM

That's amazing. Interesting that it followed bad cranky days--I've noticed a similar pattern with my DD. At a little over six weeks I was at the end of my rope because she wasn't napping and wasn't sleeping well at night. Then bam, she hit a new record--five and a half hour stretch. The next week she did six and a half, which also followed some not so great nights. Then a couple more cranky/bad days at the beginning of this week (8 weeks) and she did a six and a half hour stretch, and then the next night (last night) SEVEN hours--a new record! I really feel like we're making progress. I'm thinking maybe as new developmental phases are hit they crank out, and then leap forward sleep wise? The only other thing is the last couple days I've really, really focused on getting her to nap as much as possible. I think she's giving me sleepy signs earlier than I thought, more like after an hour up than an hour and a half.

Anyway, congratulations! 8-5 is stunning! We're still hanging out here waiting to see if bedtimes creep earlier. When we've tried to put her down earlier than 10 or 11, it backfires and she wakes up within an hour, but I know it'll come eventually.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page