rant about my body's immune system not holding up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

nak

you'd think i learned my lesson by now, this being my third (born 3/27).  each pregnancy my iron levels crashed precipitously.  when i was a teen i used to have fainting spells.  i tried to donate blood once in college but they denied me for being too anemic.  my point?  i am someone who *should* be taking iron and vitamins regularly.  but my mind keeps telling me that i'll be okay as long as i eat local organic greens and local grass-fed beef and local pasture eggs etc etc etc.  guess what?  my body says NOPE!  for some reason my body doesn't get enough that way.

as soon as i have the baby each time i quit my vitamins because no one is watching me and checking up on me.  and with the stress of a new babe and the intense process of being the sole food producer for this small human (i keep forgetting how it really *is* a big deal to make super milk) my body's immune system gets worked--oh yeah, and the immune system is completely connected to the nervous system--and starts to crap out.  with my first i got away with it.  with my second when he was around 6 months i got shingles!  i cured it with turmeric and virgin coconut oil, but in hindsight i think it was mineral deficiency.  now i have canker sores (and already have some dandruff/eczema tahat showed up about a month ago) and it feels like "oh yeah, been down this road before--banged my head on this wall before banghead.gif--maybe i'll learn this time!" nut.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page