Symptoms so far? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 01:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is exactly 6 weeks for me and I have:

- super tender breasts (tough for a stomach sleeper!)
- Big time food aversions and cravings (I was vegan until last week when I inhaled 3 hard boiled eggs in the whole foods parking lot)
- pinching in the uterus area
- heaviness or an "awareness" of my uterus
- Slight nausea which got way worse today
- occasional darkish pee accompanied by dark discharge (TMI, sorry)
- lower back pain (this has let up significantly, pretty much gone now)
- OH and the biggest symptom of all that has stayed with me since I got my BFP, FATIGUE! Totally tired every day. Been going to bed early and getting up late and napping on my breaks at work.
#62 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM

KarenMT that sucks! I think I only actually threw up a couple of times during my last pregnancy, you poor thing!! you're feeling a little better today. Does eating protein help?

Does anyone else find that they'll go long periods where the queasiness all but disappears? After theose first few days earlier this week where it was more constant I'll now go most of the day feeling ok -if just a little more tired. Gotta love the first tri where you spend all of your time either feeling sick or worrying when you don't.

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
#63 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinCanada View Post
Does anyone else find that they'll go long periods where the queasiness all but disappears? After theose first few days earlier this week where it was more constant I'll now go most of the day feeling ok -if just a little more tired.
Yep. I had bouts of nausea last week but barely any nausea this week. I'm hoping it isn't the calm before the storm.

Mom to one amazing little girl (32 months now!), 3 cats and 2 dogs. Wife to my hardworking hubby of 4 years. belly.gif again after 2 losses.  fly-by-nursing1.gifcd.gif  familybed1.gif

#64 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Does anyone else find that they'll go long periods where the queasiness all but disappears?
I found this with my last pregnancy - I would have a couple of icky days, then a day or two of feeling half decent, then back again. This time...nope. It set in last weekend (just before I hit 6 weeks) and now it's hanging on constantly. I even feel ill when I wake up at night...I don't remember that from previous pregnancies at all. Blech! I have never vomited from nausea in pregnancy, so I'm hoping that holds true this time...nonetheless, I am already really tired of feeling so ick!

Other than that, I feel like I am getting way to little sleep, even though I go to bed with my kids at 8:30. And my back is already giving me signs that I need to be careful - my foot was buzzing yesterday (it was SO odd!), and some pain in my bum that I think is an irritated sciatic nerve from hauling 70 pounds of kid in a wagon uphill to DS's bus stop. I had a really nasty back injury last pregnancy that I do not want to repeat. I have an osteopath appointment on Tuesday (how handy that I booked it before I was even pregnant!) that I am counting down to
#65 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
KarenMT that sucks! I think I only actually threw up a couple of times during my last pregnancy, you poor thing!! you're feeling a little better today. Does eating protein help?

Does anyone else find that they'll go long periods where the queasiness all but disappears? After theose first few days earlier this week where it was more constant I'll now go most of the day feeling ok -if just a little more tired. Gotta love the first tri where you spend all of your time either feeling sick or worrying when you don't.
Yes, I know! On one hand, I love that I'm feeling fine, but on the other, I get kinda excited when I do get really tired or queasy. It makes me like I am really pregnant and this just isn't in my head and that maybe this will be OK.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#66 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM - Thread Starter

Ahhh, I was just thinking about this! I keep grabbing my boobs to make sure they still hurt. When I have few symptoms, I get worried, but when I feel icky, I just complain all the time!

So guys, I think my insanity is setting in. I started crying yesterday, because DH had already eaten when he picked me up from work, and I wanted to go to Panera Bread. So he took me anyway. Today, I just feel like crying at random times, once, because I got a nasty note from a parent (I teach), and two, because I'm worried about not having symptoms today. Which is funny, because I guess that would be a symptom! Ha, yeah, I'm becoming insane...

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#67 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Still puking. Ugh. I start throwing up at 5am, and I don't really stop until noon or 1. At my appt. on Monday, I think I'm going to have to ask my OB for anti-morning sickness medicine. I literally cannot keep anything down in the morning, and then I get sick and headaches from super low blood sugar! Can't win for losing.

Other than that, my breasts are HUGE and sore. I'm also a tummy sleeper, so that is not boding well for me at night.

Anyone else having bad post-nasal drip?

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#68 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
So guys, I think my insanity is setting in. I started crying yesterday, because DH had already eaten when he picked me up from work, and I wanted to go to Panera Bread. So he took me anyway. .

I would cry too if I had my heart set on Panera bread and that was jeopardized I love their Sierra Turkey sandwich. I actually had one tuesday and aside from carne asada, it has been the yummiest thing Ive eaten since I found out I was pregnant. I want another one now.

kmb, have you tried keeping something high in protein next to your bed and setting an alarm for 3 or 4 to eat it before the sickness hits. I did this my first pregnancy. Yogurt and a handfull of nuts was easy for me to eat really quick and go back to sleep. It really helped. Sorry you are so sick. Have you tried the B6/ Unisom combo?
#69 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 04:09 PM

Unfortunately, I am having quite a time also keeping my supplements down. Luckily, I seem to be ok at night, and I do take a B-complex supplement along with everything else.

I will definitely try the yogurt and nuts idea. Thanks!

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#70 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post
Unfortunately, I am having quite a time also keeping my supplements down. Luckily, I seem to be ok at night, and I do take a B-complex supplement along with everything else.

I will definitely try the yogurt and nuts idea. Thanks!
I know yogurt is hard to keep by the bed.. lol. I used an insulated lunch bag.. with a recharge some nights and water some nights.. Cold liquid felt so good to me when I was feeling nauseous last time.
#71 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Another one here for crying. I just bawled like a baby during a TV viewing of Evan Almighty. When he decided to stand up and admit he was building an ark for God on TV I thought about how brave he was and just BAWLED. I'm not even religious!

The crying thing is getting out of hand.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#72 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post
Another one here for crying. I just bawled like a baby during a TV viewing of Evan Almighty. When he decided to stand up and admit he was building an ark for God on TV I thought about how brave he was and just BAWLED. I'm not even religious!

The crying thing is getting out of hand.

I watched an episode of Hoarders yesterday on netflix and balled almost the entire 30 minutes. Between sobs I kept telling DH that it was just so sad that life was often so messy.
#73 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 09:34 PM

Oh, you guys make me feel sane again! Or at least we're all crazy together...

Today was the worst yet. Went on a walk with my boss around noon and thought I was going to have to stop and yack beside the sidewalk I told her earlier this week, so at least I get some sympathy!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#74 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Checking in crazy here. Hyper irritability, emotional, nauseated AND hungry at the same time, weird cravings (I'm about to cook a chicken breast at 9PM and sautee some onions and put ketchup on it...)

Irritability seems to be centered toward my poor children (3 and 19m) and my mother. More my mother. Everytime she texts me or posts something to my facebook or calls I just want to scream, "SHUT UP!"

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#75 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Hoarder's on Netflix? As soon as I'm read this I put it on my instant queue, and I'm watching it right now. I find that show so intriguing. I can't look away...

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#76 of 102 Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post
More my mother. Everytime she texts me or posts something to my facebook or calls I just want to scream, "SHUT UP!"[/FONT]
You are definitely not alone on this one. Ive spent the last year of my life in intense therapy to deal with the realities of both my Mother and MIL. She (my mom) was such a ray of sunshine last pregnancy..NOT... and now that we have a kid she was coming to visit every 6-8 weeks and generally driving me bonkers. Calling to talk.. wants some fairytale type relationship with me and my daughter that she put no actual effort into cultivating in our lives. She was barely emotionally, or heck, even physically available to me every 6-8 weeks when I was a young child.. and I was her child. It's all so saccharine and fake.. and Im done with it. But I have to have the "talk".. where I tell her, hey, you cant come more then twice a year, because you dont feel safe to be in my life, in my home.. Of course, I care that it will hurt her.. because, as always life is complex.. and I understand the hurts she carries.. but I dont care how she responds to it. It doesnt change anything. And it will be nice to finally feel authentic. She can skype with the kids or something.

Anyway, it's making me have bizzarre pregnancy dreams..so it's time.. and now, I cant get the woman to return my calls. Hah.

katiedidbug
, I cant either.. reality tv is a totally weird thing. To be able to peer into people's lives this way..
#77 of 102 Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne1140 View Post
I keep grabbing my boobs to make sure they still hurt.
Me too.
#78 of 102 Old 09-11-2010, 10:34 AM

My updated list of symptoms-- dizziness, passed out once, insomnia, moderate nausea (yep it finally kicked in), and muscle cramps. Anyone else have this? My muscles seize up for no apparent reason and the soreness persists a long time. I had this really severely with one other pregnancy.
#79 of 102 Old 09-11-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutter View Post
Me too.
I totally was doing this too, until they finally stopped hurting.

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#80 of 102 Old 09-11-2010, 12:36 PM

MamaChef that is going to be a hard conversation. Good luck. I have a crazy mom as well; my break with her happened around my wedding. Lucky in one way to get it out of the way before I had kids, but, well, let's just say I don't look at my wedding photos even still, and I've been married for 11 years.

Actually on topic - I was feeling pretty icky yesterday, but there's been a mild bug floating around the house, so I'm hoping that was it. My body temp is off, so I'm hot, then cold, then hot again. I'm keeping a close rein on my temper, but it's taking more effort than usual. I'm STILL dizzy, darn it, and almost passed out in the kitchen the other night. I have chronically low blood pressure, and it's even worse right now, so I have to be careful getting up or bending over. I'm hungry very often and trying to get in good protein snacks.

My degree is in psychology - I love the hoarding shows! They are really sad, but it is encouraging that many of those people start getting the help they need because of the show. It was just in the news recently that a woman was killed by her pile of stuff - I think it was in Arizona? They didn't find her for several weeks, and that was even USING cadaver smelling dogs.

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#81 of 102 Old 09-11-2010, 01:33 PM

frugalmom,
I'd try upping my Cal/Mag and seeing if it helped the muscle spasms.

Thanks, Ladyelmo

I've also started to get the dizziness when standing up or bending over.. but the dizzy brings the nausea, so I try really really hard to not get dizzy. LOL.
#82 of 102 Old 09-18-2010, 06:39 PM

My symptoms right now are I am very very tired, Nose stuffines, sore breasts, hungry all the time and peeing alot more.

But it took me 14 months to get here so all I have to say is BRING IT ON
#83 of 102 Old 09-18-2010, 07:24 PM

At the moment I have:

* nausea - usually when I haven't eaten for a while
* tiredness - usually I struggle to go to bed before midnight...atm I'm ready to drop at 6pm LOL so have taken to having a 5 min power nap late afternoon to see me through to the evening
* metallic taste in my mouth
* random cramps and pulling feeling all over my belly
* peeing more (including at night)
* feeling cold all the time. Everyone else is complaining that the house is too hot and I'm shivering in my thickest socks, cardigan and blanket . It comes in waves as well...kinda like that 'walking on your grave' feeling iykwim...and coincides with with a wave of nausea.
* Solid rock like boobs that ache. The feeling cold isn't helping in that dept either
* Bloated . My belly definitely feels bigger already and I gained 4lb this week ...although some of that is diet related coz DH also gained this week.

Mother of DS (6) and (due May '11)
#84 of 102 Old 09-18-2010, 09:21 PM

this is a really weird pregnancy for me. I've had:

Fatigue
Scatterbrained/Hard time focusing
editing to add that I am always hungry

I'm just now starting to have to pee a lot. No other "usual" symptoms though. No nausea, no tender breasts... nothing.

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#85 of 102 Old 09-18-2010, 10:00 PM

I think I get a new one everyday

Right now I've got:
*Nausea for most of the day, so far only progressed to dry heaves, but it gets worse/stronger every day
*Sore boobs. I swear they are already a bit bigger too.
*Stuffiness (though I also stopped taking allergy meds, so this one is up in the air
* Peeing constantly. I pee, and then I have to pee again. I can no longer make my entire commute without stopping to use the bathroom.
* Tired. Not too bad, but definitely sleepy. I'm going to take a nap after this
* Lack of concentration/Focus here's an example: I'm writing this list, get to this item and go "wait what was I going to say?"
* Headache This started yesterday, it comes and goes.
*Bouts of being completely ravenous, sometimes at the same time that I'm queasy. That's weird.
*Sensitive Smell/Aversion to foods and smells.

And now.. naptime.. after a snack

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#86 of 102 Old 09-18-2010, 11:55 PM

Makes me feel less like a hypochondriac to see all of the other posts! I'm 4wks 4days today.

I have...
*Nagging, dull lower back pain; especially after I wake up
*Nauseous pretty much all day but, again, especially after I wake up
*No food sounds good, I have to make myself eat!
*Exhausted ALL. THE. TIME.
*Even more emotional than I already was
*Super sore boobs
*Peeing a ton

I've found that a cold compress with Lavender oil on your head and a warm compress with lavender oil on your rib cage/upper belly (at the same time) helps with the nausea and it's super relaxing
Can't wait for the second trimester when I can eat everything!!!
#87 of 102 Old 09-19-2010, 12:00 AM

Oh I totally forgot the being emotional!! I am a weepy wreck, with some cranky on the side, interspersed with bouts of being blissed out of my gourd. Roller coaster!!

I found out lavender does the opposite for me. I have a lavender scented shampoo that made me gag in the shower this morning.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#88 of 102 Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 AM

Current symptoms...

- fatigue
- The only foods that sound good are things I can't eat. I'm on the candida diet.

- I feel sick to my stomach most of the time.
- I'm extra hungry. If I get really hungry, I feel like real live pain in my stomach over it. It sucks!

I feel like this might end up being my last kiddo because every pregnancy will irritate my yeast issues.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#89 of 102 Old 09-19-2010, 01:39 AM

My symptoms consist of the following:

*Nausea that doesn't start until about 11 am, no puking though
*Sore boobs, especially when I first rise - I have to literally hold them up with my hands until I get a bra on because it feels like if I don't they'll fall right off.
*I also have a dull lower back ache in the morning
*stuffiness here too, glad to hear so many others say that, though I was getting a cold
*Not eating anything I usually eat (vegan diet) and instead eating lots of food I don't normally eat (dairy, even had meat twice)
*Bloated "full" feeling even if I haven't eaten anything
*umm, how can I put this delicately...alternating being "stopped up" and the, ahem, opposite of that.
*lots of gas
*not being able to eat full meals, and a lot of the time I'll make or buy something to eat, take one bite and then trash it because it doesn't appeal once it hits my tongue
*oh and this one should have been #1 on my list - FATIGUE! Big time fatigue/exhaustion. I sleep a lot, luckily I haven't had any trouble sleeping (that's never been a problem for me so knock on wood I'll be able to sleep ok through preg)
#90 of 102 Old 09-19-2010, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frugalmum View Post
My updated list of symptoms-- dizziness, passed out once, insomnia, moderate nausea (yep it finally kicked in), and muscle cramps. Anyone else have this? My muscles seize up for no apparent reason and the soreness persists a long time. I had this really severely with one other pregnancy.
I feel your pain! I had muscles cramps, especially in my calves a lot my last 2 pregnancy. What helped with the muscle cramps for me was taking a liquid cal/mag every night before bed and separate from any Vit C(as the C will inhibit Calcium absorption). And if you drink soda at all I would stop as it leaches the calcium from your bones. HTH!

My symptoms so far are mild...of which I'm so grateful because this was not so my last 2 pregnancies. I've had a lot of round ligament pain all ready...it was actually one of my first clues I might be pregnant. And I tire out SO fast and early...MUCH earlier than usual. I have occasional bouts of nausea but nothing too overwhelming.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page