Anyone else nonchalant about this pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am just feeling so much more laid back this time around. Maybe its because we weren't planning this- although believe me when I say that I really really really want this bean now - maybe its because we have already been through it with DS and had a decent pg and a great birth. Either way, I haven't called the dr or midwife yet- last time I called as soon as they opened the morning I got the bfp. Don't think we will have an early u/s to determine due date- one reason I am not calling the dr yet. I haven't bought my prenatals yet (taking a food-based multivit though). I am ready to tell the world even though we agreed to wait a few weeks or so- last time we waited to tell each circle when the time was right. I am not obsessing over symptoms even though I have only had a handful and generally don't feel pg yet (I am ~4w4d?). I only took one real pg test- the other 2 were OPKs but I know I am pg- last time I POAS'd daily until my tests ran out/MS set in. DH asked if I should buy another just to be sure, but I am sure so I didn't want to waste the $$.

Anyone else laid back? Maybe its just a phase? Its probably better for my sanity while it lasts

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#2 of 12 Old 09-14-2010, 06:36 PM

Nope. I'm really trying to be tho! I'm mildly worried and trying to push it out of my head. But that's because I had a few miscarriages before this pregnancy. So far, I had tested at around 4 1/2 wks and got a dark line. I tested again and it got darker. And now I'm 7 wks, 3 days.. I have morning sickness, sciatica, etc etc. So I'm trying to just chill out. Thought I'd join your thread in the hopes that it rubs off on me!

~Sadie fly-by-nursing1.gifintactlact.gif  guitar.gif sewmachine.gif - mom to dd 9/15/01, ds 11/12/03 {ubac}, and ds 4/29/2011, wife to Mitchell.  pos.gif coming soon in late June!
#3 of 12 Old 09-14-2010, 07:58 PM

While I"m thrilled, I'm much more relaxed regarding this pregnancy than with my first. Maybe it's because I'm so busy with my daughter and school as well or maybe it's that it still hasn't sunk in all the way... who knows. But, I'm happy to go with the flow for now!

Button 08-12-09 

Baby Vi 05-18-11

#4 of 12 Old 09-14-2010, 10:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Same here! It's my 4th and I feel like I've been through it already.

In my 2nd pg I didn't hear the heartbeat til 20 weeks and we didn't have any ultrasounds. In my 3rd pg I didn't hear the heartbeat until 27 weeks and THEN it was at home with my own stethoscope and no ultrasounds. So, I'm just a laid back kind of pregnant gal anyway.

I keep thinking about calling my old mw to get some advice from her on finding a new mw now that I live 700 miles away from her, but I've not done that yet either. I figure I will soon enough. LOL

Mandy - chicken3.gif  candle.gif candle.gif novaxnocirc.gif  hbac.gif  h20homebirth.gif  h20homebirth.gif  goorganic.jpg  homeschool.gif

#5 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 03:35 AM

I am, but it's because of other life stuff. This wasn't planned and the timing is pretty awful. But still, I very much want this child. I haven't done anything official, but I have an appointment next week because I need the pregnancy verified so I can get some insurance coverage. Otherwise I probably wouldn't do anything for a few more weeks. I have ordered some vitamins, though.
#6 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 08:36 AM

I think I am something close to nonchalant. I had a very bad experience with my last pregnancy w/ prenatal screening. I've decided not to have any screenings done this time around and am just going to "let things be." Trying to eat healthy is my main issue right now.
#7 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM

This is baby #3 for us, and this sounds terrible - but I don't have time to be obsessed. So, definitely nonchalant.

And some of the concerns and issues I had while pregnant with #2 don't exist right now. Like - how will I love another child as much as the first? How will I cope with two? Do I have the energy? Why yes. Yes, I do.

Jen, SAHM to Jamie and Alexandra and with #3 in May
#8 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Oh man, I need some of what you guys have. Definitely NOT nonchalant but really trying to be. This is my first pregnancy and I've had a bit of a rocky week of it. But I'm trying to let go and trust. Need to up my meditations.
#9 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 12:16 PM

I feel very nonchalant this time! At first I was relieved because it took us a few months to get pregnant, but now that I know I'm just going along with life as usual. If I didn't feel so incredibly exhausted I would probably forget I was pregnant!

DD 5/25/09 :
5/22/11
#10 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 03:00 PM

I am very nonchalant this time around, though truthfully that is kinda my personality anyways. I only took a test bc I had to walk by the dollar store and thought I mindswell buy one. Came home, took the test, saw the BFP, and then went to put away my groceries. I have an almost 4 and an almost 2 year old and just took a daycare job in my home for a 7 month old and a 2.5 year old. So I am a little busy to even think about much right now. Plus we wernt really trying, but excited still the same.

SAHM Michael 01-07 & Emmy 12-08
#11 of 12 Old 09-15-2010, 10:09 PM

yep that is me

i did make a doctor appt through so hubs will feel more at ease.
but as for everything else nope nothing to do, but sit back and relax and wait until may

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
#12 of 12 Old 09-16-2010, 02:32 AM

Me too! I feel very relaxed though I'm super excited and want to tell everyone...but I'm waiting because it just feels too early to mention it. I've told one IRL friend and of course dh knows and then only online friends.
This is my 4th though and all of my other pregnancies have been great so I don't feel there is anything to be anxious about.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page