June 2011 ladies in waiting? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 50 Old 09-26-2010, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I honestly don't know if we''ll be in May or june. My EDD is 5/31 and DD was a whopping 2 days early. I'm just glad it's not September again.

As for symptoms, I was shocked this time to have nausea as my first and most persistent symptom. Not severe, just really annoying. That's actually what prompted me to test. Which is funny because I had very little last time and none till 7 weeks or so. And the bore boobs I remember are largely absent. Funny. And I'm tired. And now bloated. I was ravenous for 4 days and now it's all caught up and I don't have much appetite.

It is so nice to comiserate with the rest of you!

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#32 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 AM

Hi again ladies!

I am starting to feel very (cautiously) optimistic about my morning sickness this time around. Wanted to share what I've been doing in case it helps some of you out.

With my DD (born 6/09), I had morning sickness before a positive preg test. It's eerie, actually- with both pregnancies, I took the test on the day after my expected period, got a negative result, and then started feeling sick the next day, only to get a positive result four days later. So my MS comes really early, and with my daughter I had it until 21 weeks. I was miserable but it was the only real "problem" with my pregnancy, so I was resigned to grin and bear it this time.

But when I went in to my midwife/ND's office to get the blood test to confirm the pregnancy last week, she put me on a MS-fighting routine that seems to be really working. I take 1,000 mg of ginger, two B6 tabs and a Unisom at bedtime and a half tab in the morning (I'm also taking my prenatal pill and 2,000-4,000 IUs of D every day). I tried the ginger and the B6 last time around (as well as Seabands, Saltines, etc. etc. etc.) but nothing really seemed to help me. I'm feeling great right now!

I am still nauseated but it's a really bearable low hum, and I'm actually able to eat this time, which I couldn't last time until my third trimester.

I do have pretty bad heartburn already (Ugggh!) but I'm having luck with the papaya enzymes for that one.

Can't believe I'm five weeks along now....Hope all you ladies are feeling great!

Shawna

Blogging SAHM to daughters Q (6/09) and R (6/11). computergeek2.gif

#33 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 11:53 AM

Hi all! I'm in June too! I'm about 12 days post ovulation and I got a faint positive yesterday and a slightly darker one today I think that puts my due date around June 8th. DD was a week early so we'll see...
I've been peeing tons and had some really bad muscle aches. Nothing else so far, but it's early days yet

Wife of a wonderful husband and love.gif mommy to Alice 6/09 and Jude 6/11. belly.gifExpecting a new someone 9/19/13!

#34 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Hi mamas Had my first midwife appt today, this time with a diff midwife than last time...but I really liked her a lot! Praying for a second home birth. I have my first 'official' appointment in a few weeks since this was just the consultation. We seemed to have connected and I'm very excited.

I took another test today just for laughs (and reassurance). The test line was darker than the control line so I'm happy, all is well

Christ-centered loving wife & mama to 2 miracles! One & one . We live simply and mindfully. Expecting another blessing Feb 2015
#35 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM

I am cautiously in for 6/5/11

S & Yrainbow1284.gif (Vermont Civil Union 7/8/03) DS1 Holdennovaxnocirc.gif (4/25/07) and two in heaven  angel.gif1/10 &  angel.gif5/10 our rainbow1284.gif is here  DS2 Keegan(5/23/11)homebirth.jpg

#36 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 04:15 PM

I'm SO lurking because even if I get pg this cycle, it will NOT be a June baby even if my due date is in June. My first was due on the 22nd of April and born on the 4th of May. My third was due on the 21st of December and born January 9th!!! So, if I ever have another baby, unless I am due the first week of a month, I will be straddling DDCs!

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
#37 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 08:28 PM

Whew! So, I think I got my spicy food craving filled today! I had spicy jalapeno/cilantro hummus for lunch (not a good pre-workout meal by the way) and insanely spicy smoked chipolte chili for dinner tonight. Whew!

Now, I'm craving this olive cheese bread http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2...ive_cheese_br/ Mmmmmmm. Too bad it's so darn fattening!!! I could probably eat it everyday for the next 9 months!
#38 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Me, me, me!

June 9. My birthday's June 17, so that's... nice, I guess. I'm just thrilled that we got pregnant the first month trying. I only got the BFP today, but I was pretty sure - I couldn't sleep last night! 12DPO.

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#39 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Yippee!! I'm pg and due June 4th. Took some ic tests on Saturday and got some very faint lines... DH didn't even see them. Sunday he saw one faint line. Tonight I bought a First Response digital test -- so happy to see the YES show up! We've been trying for 13 months this time (with m/c last Oct at 11.5 weeks). So happy with a June due date and a little brother or sister for DS who will be 4 next July

Karen (39), DH (40), DS (7/7/07), with three m/c (11/05, 10/09, 11/10), BFP for mid-November -- keeping fingers crossed!!
#40 of 50 Old 09-27-2010, 11:59 PM

Dipping my toe cautiously into June lurkers. After 3 early losses, I am quietly hopeful. This is my fourth pregnancy this year. I'm 39, so I believe my 3 chemicals were probably due to ageing follicles. I've been taking royal jelly for about 4 cycles now, maybe 5? and I'm so hoping it has improved my egg quality and this is a good one from the get-go! I'm also on my second cycle of Chinese herbs and have been taking maca since February.

I took an Answer test around 7pm on the evening of 9dpo, and there was the faintest of faint lines. I could barely see it without holding it up to sunlight or bright light. I wouldn't have thought anything of it if I didn't know so well the absolute stark whiteness of all my past bfn Answer tests. So I tested again this morning at 11dpo and the line is still faint-ish, but pink and unmistakable.

I've been having some hints of nausea and food aversions/cravings. That's early for me. I usually don't get m/s until more like 6 weeks, so I'm really, really hoping that's a good sign!

My due date is June 9, which is just 4 days after my 40th birthday. A sweet baby would be the best bday present ever!

Sticky vibes to all of us!!!

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#41 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokering View Post
Me, me, me!

June 9. My birthday's June 17, so that's... nice, I guess. I'm just thrilled that we got pregnant the first month trying. I only got the BFP today, but I was pretty sure - I couldn't sleep last night! 12DPO.
AAGGGHHH Smokering! Congrats! Yay you're in my DDC!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to others. I hope we get our DDC up soon! October 1st is still 3 days away... that's TOO LONG to wait.

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#42 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 01:30 AM

You can always PM one of the mods and ask them to open it up - I know I did that with the March DDC and they had it up the next day They may not know that people are already getting BFPs - also CONGRATS to all you June ladies!!

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#43 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 01:44 AM

I might be in this group as well

The tests are super faint and have come up at the end of the time limit on all 3 I've taken so far. I really can't believe it.......hubby was home for 10 days and 5 of those days I had my period. Looks like I ovulated a couple days after he left. So I guess technically he wasn't her for conception.

I'm a little shocked, but I'll happily join the group and hopefully the next test (and last test) I take will be a bit darker and show up sooner. Oh, and looks like the lucky date will be early June.

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#44 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 03:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
*waves to BarefootScientist*

Congrats Mae!

I didn't really stick with a DDC last time I was pregnant, because I was due at the very end of a month and didn't want to commit either way. So it'll be nice to have somewhere to hang out.

My symptoms so far are slightly sore breasts and fatigue, but I'm just getting over a cold so the fatigue might be unrelated. I'm a bit worried, though - my sister's wedding is in six weeks and I have to bake and ice her wedding cake, design and make a dress for me, and design and make a flower girl-esque dress for DD. Ulp. Here's hoping morning sickness holds off! And the lovely cystic acne I got first tri last time. Our extended family will be sharing a house in my sister's city for a few days before the wedding, so it might be hard to hide symptoms - but I don't want to tell too early and steal my sister's thunder. So I'm a bit puzzled about when to tell. Thoughts?

If decomposition persists please see your necromancer.

#45 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 03:22 AM

Smokering!!! YAY!!!!!

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#46 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
You can always PM one of the mods and ask them to open it up - I know I did that with the March DDC and they had it up the next day They may not know that people are already getting BFPs - also CONGRATS to all you June ladies!!
I did this. Thanks!

#47 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Me too, BS.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#48 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 12:09 PM

OK, this is ridiculous .... I do NOT remember feeling like this so early with my other pregnancies! I want to curl up with a heating pad on my belly. Ouch!!

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#49 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post
OK, this is ridiculous .... I do NOT remember feeling like this so early with my other pregnancies! I want to curl up with a heating pad on my belly. Ouch!!
I feel the same way I am 5 weeks today and had nausea the day before I missed my period. I has almost no MS last time. What on earth?

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#50 of 50 Old 09-28-2010, 04:48 PM

Our DDC is up ladies!!

June 2011

See you over there! I'm so excited I don't know what to post first. I did a little happy dance when I saw it. Pretty sad, I know. But I am excited to get to know all of you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page