Weekly Chat Thread Sept 26-Oct 2nd - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2010, 09:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty waltz View Post
9 wks, 3 days here. Having awful marital problems. Just hoping to make it thru the week without separation! Apparently he doesn't think I'm a good mother. He didn't want this baby - it was unplanned. So I'm feeling awful - puking all the time - and feeling awful emotionally. Today stinks.
That sucks. Sorry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty waltz View Post
9 wks, 3 days here. Having awful marital problems. Just hoping to make it thru the week without separation! Apparently he doesn't think I'm a good mother. He didn't want this baby - it was unplanned. So I'm feeling awful - puking all the time - and feeling awful emotionally. Today stinks.
I'm so sorry. My marriage is always pretty rocky when I'm pregnant and post partum. This pregnancy was also unplanned, and I'm sad about the fact that my marriage has to suffer because of it. I do want the baby, but I don't want the marital strife that goes w/ it!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
Old 09-29-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

That stinks, kittywaltz. I hope it is just his nervousness talking.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

I was kind of starting to feel sick but I ate some cheerios and crackers and that kind of passed. Now it's more like a really suppressed feeling. I could probably go try to puke but if I don't think about it I barely notice it. I'm 5 weeks.

This pregnancy seems to be going incredibly slowly! Last night dh and I were talking about the baby. I asked him if he thinks it's a boy or a girl and he said boy. I am kind of feeling it's a girl but his track record is 100 percent vs my 0 percent with our other kids so I am putting more stock in his prediction.

For some reason I am thinking June 5 will be the birth date. I don't know why. BUT it makes me very happy because I think I am going to stay here in the May DDC and that means I won't be the last one to have a baby!!!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 09-29-2010, 11:45 AM

well, I discovered the reason why DS is waking so much to nurse. He's hungry! I feed him dinner around 6:30 and I never thought to give him a snack before bed. DUH! He ate a whole piece of bread with peanut butter, 1/4 avocado, 1/2 banana and some almond milk like 30 minutes before bed. He only woke up to nurse once last night! I am so relieved! My poor baby was just hungry and breastmilk wasn't cutting it.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Old 09-29-2010, 12:01 PM

One thing I've noticed w/ my nausea is that if I eat something, it immediatley goes away. That means I'm eating a lot. I've already gained six pounds! Does anyone eat to deal w/ nausea and feel like you're eating a ton?

Old 09-29-2010, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
One thing I've noticed w/ my nausea is that if I eat something, it immediatley goes away. That means I'm eating a lot. I've already gained six pounds! Does anyone eat to deal w/ nausea and feel like you're eating a ton?

I did with Ava. With Dylan I could eat then puke then finish eating and I'd keep it all down. That didn't happen with Ava. I puked no matter what so I just ate more and more until I discovered I could keep McDonald's (had to be McDonalds) chicken nuggets and french fries down. I also had a fountain coke everyday. I threw up water even but the coke would stay down. One month I gained 10 lbs, the next I gained 12, and another 10 the next. I wasn't planning on doing the GD test but after that I went ahead and took it.

I'd really like to be able to eat healthy foods this time. My best friend just had a pregnancy where all she could eat was salad, fresh fruit and grilled chicken. that would be nice!

Old 09-29-2010, 12:54 PM

I definitely found with my other pregnancies that eating helped the nausea! I gained 10 lbs in 3 weeks with DD. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't keep down much besides Coke once the morning sickness gets going.

Kellie - Mama to Sofi (06), Walter (08), and Baby "Lorraine" due May 30, 11.
Old 09-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Eating is the only thing that helps my MS too. I refuse to weigh myself, what's the point? My doctor actually thinks it's healthier and makes for an easier birth if the mother gains 60 pounds! I don't want to do that, but I won't worry one way or the other as long as what I'm eating is mostly nutritious. (He thinks the reason I've had C/S with failure to progress is I run out of energy for labor because I've only gained 35-40 pounds. FYI--I'm not skinny to begin with, but that's still his opinion.)

I'm 9w+1d and I have an appointment to consult with an OB Friday. I'm in a tough situation in IL trying to find anyone who will attend a VBA3C. The previously mentioned doctor gave me some names of OBs to check out who are oriented more that way--but with malpractice being what it is here, they still may not agree to help me. At this point, I'm hoping I can find someone I click with and who won't over test me and won't schedule an early C/S. I never thought I'd submit to a scheduled C/S, and still hope I don't have to, although I am more prepared for the idea this time given my past experiences trying to HBAC. I look forward to talking with these OBs and am hoping and praying for the best!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 09-29-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Ughhhh. My pants are killing me. I am leaving work early today to do some stuff around the house. I can't wait to put on sweatpants! I am bidding on two belly bands on ebay. Hope they work to keep wearing regular pants for a few more months.

Old 09-29-2010, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyelmo1 View Post
Welcome gypsy!

Sparklz: when I had my bloodwork done she took four vials and I was sick the rest of the day. Since I started taking a b complex vitamin on top of my prenatal I've been feeling much better. Maybe that would help your nausea?
Thanks for the suggestion. I am already taking 1/2 a Unisom with B6 before bed. Does that count? 100mg.

Also, I think now I had a light stomach bug on top of all this, or else the blood draw made me have similar symptoms. Hmmm...I feel a bit better today.
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 PM

I too am only queasy if I don't eat so I'm snacking all the time. I'm having a really hard time eating my veggies though, all I want is meat and carbs! I love veggies too, and now they are seriously revolting. I've never had a pregnancy where I wasn't constantly nauseous; I could almost forget I'm pg! Except for being tired all the time and having no stamina.

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Old 09-29-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingsparklz View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I am already taking 1/2 a Unisom with B6 before bed. Does that count? 100mg.

Also, I think now I had a light stomach bug on top of all this, or else the blood draw made me have similar symptoms. Hmmm...I feel a bit better today.
I'll check what I'm taking when I get home and will let you know. Glad to hear you are even a bit better today!

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM

Thanks, Ladyelmo1.

I have to eat constantly, too. I initially lost about 1.5 pounds, but now I've gained that plus another 1.5 or so. I guess that'll have to be okay!
Old 09-29-2010, 04:28 PM

Welcome to the new ladies!

I am with you gals who find that the computer screen seems to irritate nausea... which is rather inconvinient since I run websites, lol!

I signed up for the text4baby service which is kind of fun - they just send a few text messages each week, keyed to your due date, with tips on a healthy pregnancy. I like getting them and they're free, so they don't count against your total text quota I love all that "you get this because you're pregnant and special" stuff (well, except the formula samples!!)

As far as vehicles are going, this DDC seems to have a lot of "bigger" families We are cruising in an '03 Dodge Caravan. We have 3-across in the back - our 5yo and 7yo boys are in Radians and our 8yo girl is in a Britax Regent. Our 23mo is in the middle and will be in a Britax Boulevard soon. The babe will be in a Graco SS1 beside him in the middle. That will fill our van to capacity!

Kellie - I am also having way less symptoms this pregnancy than my other four. I'll be six weeks tomorrow and I'm starting to feel twinges of nausea but it's not bad yet.

Kitty - sweetie

Katie - I eat tons of protein to deal with nausea. Do not worry about it! As long as you are eating good food, your weight will balance out for the babe. It's hard in our weight-obsessed society but girl, your baby's most vital systems are forming right now and the food does so much good. Eat

Me - I am totally dreading a winter pregnancy and the thought of maternity pants. I already find myself unbuttoning my jeans most of the time when I sit down. I made it through my last pregnancy (October baby) in flowing skirts. I'm seriously thinking of makings some heavy courdory or denim skirts with yoga pants under to get through the snow this year...

Feeling a bit better about the tuna this week... I'll just eat more salmon and I may order some of the canned tuna discussed last week! Always nice to buy from a family operation

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:39 PM

Hi guys!!!! 6.5 weeks here I think...

I'm back from our vacation to Amsterdam (obviously booked before the BFP!!!!)

We did a lot of walking, saw great art at two museums, took a boat for a canal tour, looked at hookers in the red light district, ate great food (ethopian, chinese and italian were the highlights!) Hubby drank and enjoyed the coffee shops... I watched. I don't miss drinking at all but when in Europe I did feel like I was missing out.

I went stocked with crystalized ginger, pretzels, etc and thankfully other than SHITTY jet lag for a day on each end I didn't feel bad at all. We timed our days to be active then come back for a nap then go out for dinner.

It was an awesome honeymoon, four years delayed.

So far no nausea.... just TIREDNESS BEYOND BELIEF and sore sore boobs especially nipples. And... transatlantic constipation meets pregnancy. Ugh.

There were a few times that instead of eating one dinner out we had a light first dinner and a heavenly second dinner. Must. Break. That. Habit. haha

I'm happy to be home and eating regular food. I do miss that hotel king size bed!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
Old 09-29-2010, 05:30 PM

annonconda, that sounds like a wonderful trip, but yeah, best enjoyed when not pregnant.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:39 PM

So, I was worried about not having any morning sickness, but it started to kick in today. I have been really queasy all day long. I am 6wks 2dys so about the same time this started with my daughter.

I am grateful though, this means things on right now schedule...I did break down and POAS today....LOL just to make sure it is not getting lighter. It was darker than the control on a dollar tree test. So the crazy isn't going anywhere! Haha

Sticky thoughts,

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:15 PM

I find I switch between two kinds of nausea - a 'hungry' nausea, where eating helps, and its an overly empty/acidy stomach, too much saliva, could dry heave type thing. The other is just stomach upset w/ what I DID eat, like a too-full indigestion (not heartburn though) just like things are sitting like a queasy rock in my stomach.

The first kind is more reassuring to me, I guess. (I had a missed m/c, and my 'hungry' nausea went away, but I did still get weird digestive issues after the babe stopped developing)

anyway. today is not a hungry nausea day, so I am worried, as usual. I am pretty fatigued though - had an okay time at my ultimate game but was a bit out of breath more easily.

First pregnancy I didn't need maternity clothes at all, really, I only gained about 20lbs and I'm not a tiny person to start with (size 12) so most everything still fit, even jeans (I also carried super high!) I didn't 'pop' until about 7-8 mos. I am wondering though if that will happen a lot earlier this time! I do have some bella bands that I never used before that may come in handy this time

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

Old 09-29-2010, 11:18 PM - Thread Starter

My neighbor told me tonight that she is pregnant too. There is still a chance she might not keep it but when I told her I'm pregnant she got really excited about us being pregnant together. On the inside I really want to be pregnant with her too but I am supporting whatever she chooses and hoping not to influence her in either direction. There is also a chance it's my brother's baby (her's not mine just to make sure this is 100 percent clear!)

Old 09-29-2010, 11:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post

Me - I am totally dreading a winter pregnancy and the thought of maternity pants. I already find myself unbuttoning my jeans most of the time when I sit down. I made it through my last pregnancy (October baby) in flowing skirts. I'm seriously thinking of makings some heavy courdory or denim skirts with yoga pants under to get through the snow this year...
Me too. My last was also an October baby so it was hot hot hot all the way through. This time I'll be in maternity clothes during cold, warm and hot weather so I will need it all. I hope I have some generous friends willing to lend me some maternity clothes!

Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 AM

Today has been just crazy for me. I suddenly realized late this afternoon that my boobs were killing me, and when I said so my dh commented that it was because they are getting bigger - and that he noticed last night. :P

But then at about 7, I was standing at the comp and felt a gush. I've been trickling ever since. I called the MW and I'm going to go in tomorrow and have some bloodwork done. She just did some on Saturday and everything looked good, but I'm really worried. I know it isn't 100% yet, but I know it can't be good when I've been feeling so good.

So, I may be new and out of the club, all in about 24 hours.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:49 AM

DS2 was born in April, so I'm pretty set on winter maternity clothes. I, too, want to do the skirt and yoga pants thing, but what to do about shoes? Like what about socks? I can't figure out the legistics of this look. Thoughts?

Old 09-30-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
I pretty much live in skirts too! Last winter I would wear a flannel peasant skirt under a pretty cotton skirt, with tights underneath every day. If this baby sticks, I'll be investing in some maternity leggings instead of tights, but that is still the plan for this year! They were so incredibly warm - like wearing a blanket. And for the skirts, my MIL puts a buttonhole on the inside of the waistband, cuts the elastic waist and sews ribbon to each end and makes it an elastic drawstring for me. Best maternity clothes EVER.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
DS2 was born in April, so I'm pretty set on winter maternity clothes. I, too, want to do the skirt and yoga pants thing, but what to do about shoes? Like what about socks? I can't figure out the legistics of this look. Thoughts?
I wore knee highs and flats around the house, but under my long skirts you couldn't see my socks. When we went out, I would wear my super cute snow boots. I got many compliments.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:34 AM

MommyPants - Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best.

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post
MommyPants - Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for the best.
Me too, Mama.

I dry heaved when I woke up this morning. Then I did it again in the car when I pulled up to my office. I still don't feel terrible though. Hopefully this is the worst of it.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:39 AM

Also thinking of you, Mommypants.

As for me, tired, queasy, though I started to freak out a bit yesterday because I felt better. I think B6 and ginger are helping. But queasy again this AM so I guess I'm OK.

I am starting to remember moments from y last pg that had slipped my mind, the most prominent being "OW! Cat! Get OFF my chest!" this one keeps repeating itself somehow.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

Old 09-30-2010, 01:00 PM

Mommypants I love that skirt idea! I have no long skirts though... not for winter. Consignment stores here I come.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
Old 09-30-2010, 01:38 PM

Good thing in Texas it never gets real real cold lol I'm around 8 weeks now and still no sickness. Bloating is about the only symptom I have. Worries me. One week from today is my first appt!

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!

User Tag List