Weekly Chat Thread Sept 26-Oct 2nd - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Two of my coworkers guessed today. One noticed me rubbing my bloat and the other caught me dryheaving outside.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#62 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 01:46 PM

slb - awesome!!! I can't wait till my first apt - it's 11 days away...
Evergreen haha rubbing the bloat.

I wore a belt over a flowy shirt today. I have a small waist (big everything else) and I figured what the hell... Might as well celebrate the waist while I still have it.

A waist is a terrible thing to waste.

So the news is kind of trickling out to our good friends and family... now I'm urgently wanting to go to the doc and see that flicker.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#63 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
DS2 was born in April, so I'm pretty set on winter maternity clothes. I, too, want to do the skirt and yoga pants thing, but what to do about shoes? Like what about socks? I can't figure out the legistics of this look. Thoughts?
I bought some fashion boots (flats.) If you get slightly larger size in those you could wear socks. Oh and I mean the tall ones not the mini ones. There were some really cute ones at payless. I got mine at target because I needed a larger size though. Unfortunately I wear size 11 since having kids. I used to be a size 10. That was way easier but oh well.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#64 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 02:27 PM

Well, things are looking more promising today! I stopped bleeding in the night. I woke up feeling more pregnant than I have the entire pregnancy so far. I went for bloodwork this morning but won't know anything until tomorrow morning about it. My MW reiterated that all of my numbers looked good on Saturday, so she doesn't know why I'm having trouble now. I am going for an ultrasound in about an hour to see what we can see and rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I'm just praying that this baby will stick!

Kellie - Mama to Sofi (06), Walter (08), and Baby "Lorraine" due May 30, 11.
#65 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
the BF post made me realize something

I GET TO BREASTFEED SOON!!!!! :j oy

i swear... it is the best thing in the world! so excited!!!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#66 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 08:04 PM

I have never been pregnant through the winter and I am totally dreading having to wear all of those clothes on my pregnant body. My belly gets really big and since my other pregnancies were through the summer I survived in gauchos and tank tops. I had a few cold weather things that I wore right before my boys were born in Oct. and my belly would hang out of the bottom.

Katie: Hi! I know you from LLL meetings.

love.gifSara, mom to J (10/06) H (10/08) and E (5/11) love.gif

#67 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 09:14 PM

Hi Ladies,
Congrats to Katie on the new car. We thought seriously about the Sienna, it's a great car. We are LOVING our new Pacifica. I've never driven anything bigger then a small sedan and I was worried, but it's so nice to have more space. We traded in our Subaru Outback, which was the loudest car ever and it's nice to be able to hear myself think. I also love that I can sit in the back row when the baby comes and baby can still see me, but I dont have to be crammed between car seats. The car is my most anxiety filled place after DD screamed every.single.time we got in one for 16 months. And we live rurally, so not driving wasnt an option. She loves the new car and it has such a better suspension then our Subaru did.. Im hoping the new babe loves it too.

Kittywaltz ((hug)) - I hope things are going better.

Mommypants, crossing my fingers for your sticky bean.

As for me,
Im feeling like CRAP. I had a friend bring me a very small amount of a morning sickness tincture I was taking 4 drops of each day by the time it ran out and it was helping so much. I keep telling myself that atleast I got a break and I need to just be thankful for that. But Ive been so sick the last few days again and I hate it. I cant wait until the placenta starts taking over and my hormones level out.
#68 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 09:20 PM

katiedid - I agree w/ Mommypants, boots can look totally cute with a skirt, and they keep your feet warm. But if you won't be tromping through snow, lined flats/clogs/similar could work too.

Mommypants - that's a great idea. I'll have to look for a flannel peasant skirt - did you buy yours or sew them? I think leggings would work too, as long as I can keep them below my belly. That's my thing, I cannot stand having anything on my belly. I can push a skirt down below it and wear long shirts. Maternity pants drive me crazy!

Sending you sticky baby vibes :FX

Mamachef: I hope you start feeling better soon - that early pg icky fog is no fun...

Vivica: it is a wonderful thing isn't it!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#69 of 105 Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 PM

well we are in for a nasty winter i hear with lots of snow and cold... *sigh*

i'll definitely be in the market for some warm, thick skirts and pregnancy leggings! i like the idea of yoga pants + skirt + bella band and tall boots. man i have some cute ideas planned in my head...it's only september! hahaha

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#70 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 01:07 AM

I'm home, finally! What a long afternoon. The u/s went really well. The sonographer was a bit bizarre. She literally would not tell me ANYTHING about the u/s and wouldn't turn the screen towards me. She even did a pretty much silent trans-vaginal u/s. But, she immediately left, called the midwife, and let me talk to mw from the office phone so that mw could report the results to me. The baby is measuring "right on the money" and looks good so far. There is a rather large pocket of blood in my uterus behind the baby, and as the baby grows it is squeezing the blood out. She said the pocket is quite large, and I may see quite a bit more blood before it all goes away, but the baby is doing good.

So, I should have the results of the bloodwork back tomorrow and we just keep going on. I'm to take it easy, not lift, and rest my pelvis for the first trimester.

I cannot tell you how excited and happy I am! And I promise not to have such drama for my entire pregnancy! :P

And the peasant skirts I was able to find at thrift stores, but they are not difficult to make, either, and then you could make them whatever size you would like.

Kellie - Mama to Sofi (06), Walter (08), and Baby "Lorraine" due May 30, 11.
#71 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 01:40 AM

Mommy pants, I am glad to hear your good news! I understand you about the silent and slightly scary US tech. I had a US like that when they found my gallstones. I think that if there is anything unusual they clam up tight so as to avoid offering anything that could be construed as a diagnosis. It can be incredibly unnerving. Good luck with the bleeding. We'll be thinking of you.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#72 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 AM

That is wonderful news, Mommypants

I am starting to notice a trend in my nausea...Monday-Wednesday I don't feel TOO bad, I have bouts of feeling ill but lots of time when I feel all right. Thursday things start to go downhill, and Friday-Sunday sucks. What the bleep?? Maybe I am rested after the weekends and progressively get more worn out, I guess?

I do tend to walk on Monday-Wednesday mornings. By THursday I am starting to feel icky and tend to skip my morning walk. I suppose that could be part of it, too.
#73 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 11:49 AM

I'm lovin' the flannel skirt with boots idea! I see an asymmetrical hemline...and do you know I've never had any of the taller boots? I always get the clog-type things. BUT, I have been seriously considering a pair for this winter, so maybe that's the good excuse I need!

bluepetals, that's so weird about your nausea schedule! Maybe it is the rest??? Hmmm...

Oooo, I hate the silent u/s tech! With my first pregnancy, they were doing a vaginal one, and they had these blank faces and were no fun! So I asked them, "Do you see the baby?!" And one of them said, "No..." and kind of trailed off. I just figured they hadn't settled on the baby yet. They get me done and send me home and I had to wait two days to hear from my doctor. THEN she says there was no baby, just a gestational sac. (blighted ovum, it's called). Couldn't they have clued me in a little!? Aack! The inhumanity!

Take care, ladies!
#74 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 02:43 PM

I am loving all the fashion talk!

I was pregnant at the same time with DD, so I have quite a few pieces of maternity clothes. However, I loaned out my maternity clothes to 2-3 pregnant friends over the past couple years, and they apparently liked the same pieces I did! The good "basic" pieces were worn to bits, so I'll have to replace those. I'll probably grab a couple ON layering tees and a sweater or two. I need skirts/dresses bad.

My morning sickness is now evening sickness. My daily menu has been reduced to three foods: oranges, strawberry yogurt (and strawberry only), and ... wait for it ... beef-flavored RAMEN. I haven't had ramen in FOREVER. It's been 7-8 years, but it's the only thing that appears appetizing and will stay down. If I take my vitamins with Diet Coke, they stay down. If I take them with water or juice, they come right back up. Ugh. 3.5 weeks until the 2nd trimester. I am soooo hoping the nausea and morning sickness goes away soon.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#75 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 03:00 PM

I'm happy all is well for you Mommypants.

I've been feeling like crud. We got a bad batch of chicken at the walmart deli the other night and boy does that suck! I was already terribly nauseated and it made things worse. Of course, I can NEVER throw up no matter how sick I feel it seems.

My oldest threw up all over his bed over night the night after having the chicken (and I cleaned it up - bleh ) and my youngest has had insane poopie diapers for the past 24 hours. I had to wash him up good yesterday and I had to clean his whole bed and give him a bath today. And yes, it was disgusting and made me feel like throwing up but it didn't happen. But, I felt terrible for my boys. My youngest was much better after his bath and a bit of oatmeal though. My oldest is fine today. I guess he threw out the bad food right away and got it out of his system.

Hubby feels icky too. Hopefully it'll be out of our systems by tomorrow.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#76 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 03:02 PM

I'm taking a short trip this weekend. I haven't spent more than 8 hours awake any day this week, so we'll see how I do travelling! I hope DH is prepared to amuse himself while I sleep. This will be my first plane flight in many years without sedatives, so I'm a little nervous.
On the *very* plus side, I've been managing well the last few days keeping the nausea at bay. So I don't think I'll spend the trip puking at least. I really do have to keep food in my stomach at all times, but that is a small price to pay. (I bet it's only temporary, but I will be happy as long as it lasts!)

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#77 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post
My daily menu has been reduced to three foods: oranges, strawberry yogurt (and strawberry only), and ... wait for it ... beef-flavored RAMEN. I haven't had ramen in FOREVER. It's been 7-8 years, but it's the only thing that appears appetizing and will stay down.
Sister!!!! I was babysitting the other night and she had some and it sounded sooooo delish, I was so excited about it! Today I really want chicken flavor though or shrimp...yum (yuck?)

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#78 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 04:31 PM

Ah, Ramen. So delicious. I also have a hankering for straight up Kraft mac n cheese w/ lots of butter.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#79 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

I am so sad. I think I'm going to break out crying. I am so hungry and NOTHING sounds good. Seriously, everything makes me want to puke but an empty stomach (which isn't really that empty) feels really terrible too.

Wahhhh!

#80 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 04:59 PM

Evergreen I know how you feel.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#81 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 05:36 PM

Nothing sounds really good lately. Every time I think, maybe something sweet or carby will be good and eat it I feel even more nausea then before.

I sent DH to the store so I can make chicken/veggie enchiladas and Chicken/veggie Noodle soup. Hubby is a vegetarian and Im not during pregnancy and sometimes even when Im not pregnant or nursing. Both of those sound okay to me.. but who knows how Ill feel by the time I make them. What I really need is a big batch of something I like that is moderately healthy that I can eat for a few days and I know Id feel better. I just havent been able to keep quality foods in my stomach. Everything sounds disgusting. Hubby has been getting alot of takeout and although we try to get healthier options, there just arent many. YKWIM?

Ramen sounds not that bad, actually.

Fashion..
Im just so ugh about all the maternity fashion right now. I think Ill end up a gap maternity ad I, of course, love everything olian and maternal america make.. but there is no way Im paying that kind of money for clothes. Ive looked at Ebay and nothing too great has come up yet. My problem is the bust. I have large breasts not pregnant and then once you throw pregnancy on it... Plus, Im trying to find clearance end of summer stuff for our trip to HI in Jan. Im already a little worried about being too hot. When we went in May I got a bit dehydrated and overheated and I was really trying to push alot of water. Dehydrated and overheated at 6 months sounds not that good.. so I want really lightweight breathable stuff. I think Ill probably just live in a few maxi dresses and bathing suits. I really wish I didnt have to order the bathing suit online, but no place local has maternity bathing suits right now.

I'm excited because Im decorating DDs room right now. She cosleeps and will continue after the baby comes, but I wanted to make her room more comfortable for her.. and for me, incase Im up at night with the baby and dont want to wake everyone in the family bed. We found a super cute daybed on craigslist with a popup trundle and a dresser.. So all I have to do is make a couple pillow shams and drapes and DH will paint. We organized last week and put in a new closet system. I was going to put the crib up in there too for naps. We originally sidecarred it on our bed, but gave up and just put two queens on the floor because she didnt want to sleep on the crib mattress when she could scootch over and sleep on the fluffy pillowtop. But I think it will be good to have a place where baby can go to nap during the day.

Trying to keep busy so I dont lay around and focus on how crappy Im feeling.
#82 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 06:11 PM

Food's not bothering me so much except that sometimes I really want food that's not available. Nausea has been very light this time only off and on. I do NOT want sweets though. I'll eat them if it's all we have (pancakes and sugared strawberries for breakfast that I did not have to fix) but over all would like veggies.

I'm extremely tired these past few days? Maybe I am not handling it well. I finally broke down and took a nap after lying around useless all morning. It was a 2 hour nap compared to the 4 hours I used to need with dd2 so maybe this will pass....
#83 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 06:44 PM

Evergreen- Hugs! I am right there with you today. I need to eat but just thinking about eating anything we actually have in the house makes me want to puke. Ugh.

Ramen...that sounds good. So far the things that have sounded and tasted best in the past 2 weeks have been pizza and McDonald's...how's that for healthy? And bread...any kind.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#84 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
stupid facebook. i would kill someone for mc donalds mc nuggets right now... but then i saw this.

http://countmyribs.tumblr.com/post/1207200876

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#85 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I am so sad. I think I'm going to break out crying. I am so hungry and NOTHING sounds good. Seriously, everything makes me want to puke but an empty stomach (which isn't really that empty) feels really terrible too.

Wahhhh!
<-- twins because misery loves company!

I soooo know how you feel. This is exactly how I feel right now. I'm nauseated no matter what, and if I eat the wrong thing, I am puking. I just barely got some Ritz crackers down. I usually can't STOP eating Ritz crackers, but ugh, so unappetizing. I don't really want to eat anything. DH was a love and went out and got chicken-flavored Ramen just for me. If I can't get anything else down, I'm probably going to break that open. It's so funny, because I'm pregnant so I *want* to eat healthy. I want to eat fruits, veggies, and good whole grains. But, the pregnancy is making it so I literally can't! The nausea is hard, though.

#86 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
stupid facebook. i would kill someone for mc donalds mc nuggets right now... but then i saw this.

I almost barfed, seriously. Why did I look at this right before dinner? I made my DH look at it too. He said in the US they don't allow bones, eyes, guts in there (referencing the show Jamie Oliver did about school lunches.) Is that true?

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#87 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post

uke I had made up my mind to get some tomorrow remembering how much better they made me feel when I was pregnant with Ava...then I saw this.

#88 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 08:54 PM

I am 9 weeks, feeling awful. Contrast to last pregnancy but I am still planning a free pregnancy and birth.
#89 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 PM

I know how you gals feel with nothing sounding good, but being hungry. I'm the same way. We eat pretty much grain-free all the time, but last night I broke down and got a sandwich from our local brick-oven bakery. They make their bread with long-soak fermenting (and their mother is decades old!). I honestly felt so much better today after eating that hearty sandwich and really getting full. This morning I had more energy and felt better than I have all week. I think I'm going to eat what proteins I can to really get full and satisfied and not try and choke down chicken and other proteins that aren't working for me...

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#90 of 105 Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 PM

Ahhh, ginger ale. Yeeeessss.

I am SO hoping the nausea starts fading soon, because this just sucks.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page