Weekly Chat Thread Sept 26-Oct 2nd - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-01-2010, 10:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
i honestly think i might puke after viewing that! GROSS.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm gonna be smart and not even click on the link!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewingsparklz View Post
I'm gonna be smart and not even click on the link!

Not gonna click!

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
in the US the ENTIRE chicken goes in the masher.

i wont share the rest.

sorry ladies, i should have put a warning "do not view if nauseous!" hey, at least the nugget craving has gone away for some.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 10-02-2010, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I had made up my mind to get some tomorrow remembering how much better they made me feel when I was pregnant with Ava...then I saw this.

actualy they soy "chick'n nugets" in the frozen section at most grocery stores has a good substitute. pretty yummy! they are soy protein and breadcrumbs, but the taste is almost there, and MUCH better for us! lol

p.s. cant get enough of the "Annie's Catchup" its making me nervous cuz i craved salt with DS and Sugar with DD and i realy want another girl! yikes

with your previous pregnancies did you ave any early indications of sex by cravings?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

Old 10-02-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama naturale View Post
I am 9 weeks, feeling awful. Contrast to last pregnancy but I am still planning a free pregnancy and birth.
What do you mean? Did you mean to put another word in there? Or do you mean that you just don't pay for prenatal care?

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Yum Ramen....I've been eating it most of my life lol

Right now I want donuts for breakfast!!! So I'm gonna go get some before work lol

Last week I was bloated..this week my stomach has just been "not happy" lol I'm still not getting sick or feeling sick. And my boobs are no longer sore..I really don't have any symptoms.

As far as clothes..JCPenney had 2.97 maternity clothes on sale and I found 3 shirts I liked. I'm waiting til I need them to buy more but didn't wanna miss out on a sale.

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 PM

I know better than to click the link and since I haven't had McDonald's in a couple years anyway... yeah.

Evergreen, I hope you've found something good to eat!

I've been craving grilled cheese sandwiches like nobody's business! :P And we are dairy and soy free so there is only 1 kind of cheese we've found that we can have and they only carry it at 2 local stores (which are both enough of a drive). So, when I ran out of cheese last week it was a few days before I could have another one. It was rough! I've been putting on some kind of meat with it, because the cheese has no real nutritional value at all, so I've at least been adding some protein.

And, the past 3 days have just been such a roller coaster! I hope the stress is not affecting the baby. Wednesday we found out DD is going to need a hearing aid, which was tough. Then Wednesday night I started the bleeding. Thursday we did bloodwork and the ultrasound. The ultrasound was good, so we thought things were good. Yesterday the mw called back and she had spent 2 hours on the phone with a specialized pharmacist talking about me! I cannot imagine a doctor doing that! Anyway, they found out that while my numbers all *looked* good, because of my Armour thyroid, I need twice the amount of progesterone that a "normal" pregnancy would need. So, I was probably on track to lose this baby too, because we didn't know that. So, they are switching my thyroid meds to one that is more easily absorbed, put me on progesterone and on some intense vitamins. I haven't taken the vitamins yet - hoping that goes well. THEN, my blood sugars have come back low both times that my mw has drawn blood, and she is concerned about hypoglycemia - which everyone who knows me has known is a problem for a LONG time but no one has ever actually tested my sugar and found it low before! So, I'm not pricking my finger and testing my sugars 4 times a day. It's like a landslide of things, but they are really all good. If we hadn't done the second set of bloodwork and talked to the pharmacist, I probably would have lost this baby too, but now it looks like things will be ok! I am just so grateful to whatever spirits are watching over me and keeping us safe. Now, hopefully I'll be able to swallow these gargantuan vitamins without puking! :P

Kellie - Mama to Sofi (06), Walter (08), and Baby "Lorraine" due May 30, 11.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:10 PM

I can't read most of the new posts bc people are talking about food. Yuck!

I'm not vomiting but I'm nauseous. I'm at 8 weeks.
I have had an eventful week, though I've hardly left the house, bc I don't have much energy and I don't want to be around people very much.
I am working through some stuff about becoming a mom to two, and about tandem nursing (reading the LLL book Adventures in Tandem Nursing), and am feeling better about some anxieties I've been having about all the changes going on.
I met my midwife and I am really happy and inspired by my visit. I am switching this time (had a homebirth CPM last time) and this time based on friend's recommendations I have met with a local lay midwife who is more hands-off and less busy and I am so deeply pleased about the fit. She is just who I need right now. So I am excited about that and feeling a little more settled in this pregnancy, although I think I may not be fully settled with it until a little later on, it is early yet...
Old 10-02-2010, 03:33 PM

I just registered for a 5K race next Saturday. I'm sure my time will be horrible, but it feels so good to be able to exercise and run while pregnant! I think it'll be quite a feeling to cross that finish line at 10wks!

Old 10-02-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyPants View Post
It's like a landslide of things, but they are really all good. If we hadn't done the second set of bloodwork and talked to the pharmacist, I probably would have lost this baby too, but now it looks like things will be ok! I am just so grateful to whatever spirits are watching over me and keeping us safe. Now, hopefully I'll be able to swallow these gargantuan vitamins without puking! :P
yeah!! sorry about the landslide, but at least your getting on the right meds for you and baby! i have several friends of my kids who are hearing impaired, cochlear implants hearing aids etc....my kids are ASL adept. the kids are amazing! its like without the sound sense their other scenes are attuned, touch sight focus etc....that is the silver lining for their parents. good luck on your new journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterjen View Post
I can't read most of the new posts bc people are talking about food. Yuck!
:ROFLMAO funny! but to bad about the nausea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post
I just registered for a 5K race next Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb1107 View Post
I'm waiting til I need them to buy more but didn't wanna miss out on a sale.
i am such a sale freak! iv actually taken it one step further and i go to the thrift store about every 3 days to check if theyv got anything good for me and the kids.

AAM- i now have a beating heart inside me! the books say by yesterday it has begun beating!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

Old 10-02-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb1107 View Post
Right now I want donuts for breakfast!!! So I'm gonna go get some before work lol
I was craving donuts too! And we never have donuts! DH was kind enough to run over to a bakery about 25 minutes away and pick up a dozen! It's nice that my kids are still too young to complain when they only get to have 1/2 of a donut while mommy eats 2!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 10-02-2010, 06:21 PM

I had a DELISH plain cake donut with a small skim latte this morning. It was my little slice of heaven.

Old 10-02-2010, 07:42 PM

Update on my nausea pattern (worse on Thurs-Sun). So, I was out and about all day today and while I still had my moments, I didn't feel nearly as crappy as yesterday. So I think my little pattern is that Mon-Wed, I tend to be out more, I fit in my walks, go to library, etc...and then the remainder of the week I slack off and stay home. NO MORE!! I am going to be go, go, go as much as I can from here on in
Old 10-02-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
What do you mean? Did you mean to put another word in there? Or do you mean that you just don't pay for prenatal care?
Unassisted pregnancy and birth meaning no doctors or midwives. I will look after myself.

Though I can't eat atm. Its awful.

Oh and in Australia we are not required to pay for prenatal care unless you are going Private. So yeah it is usually free anyway.

Sorry I can't remember who it was - but about techs who don't communicate during u/s. I wanted to cry and run away. Then 3 days later the Dr says "Your pregnancy is not viable."

User Tag List