weekly Chat Thread Oct 3-9 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm getting ready for my appointment! Well, it's 2.5 hours away but.... I hope my OB is everything I wanted or I will be back on the hunt. I really don'[t want to spend any more time hunting.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#62 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnc View Post
i almost drank the polynesian sauce today. lol!

does anyone know of any way to relieve these sore boobs?
Dittoing not wearing a bra as much, although I'm not wearing a bra at all this time and the ladies are still pretty sore. When I was pg w/my first, I told my dh that I needed a new bra and I thought that would help with the soreness. I measured to see if I'd actually gone up to a B cup, or just gone up around the band - I had gone from an A to a D without realizing it! Seriously, I don't even know how that is possible, but it's true. No wonder the ladies were hurting after being stuffed in my little A cups all day!

Kellie - Mama to Sofi (06), Walter (08), and Baby "Lorraine" due May 30, 11.
#63 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post
Potatoes are high in potassium and iodine

Sourcream has calcium, probiotics and protein.

That's great! Thanks for the tip!
#64 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 11:37 AM - Thread Starter

I'm off! And I have to pee. I was afraid if I went earlier there wouldn't be any pee in there for the appt.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#65 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnc View Post
my girls are soooo sore!!! so far this and hot flashes are the only symptoms i have and i turned 6 weeks on monday. i get a little queasy, but nothing at all like i experienced during my 2nd pregnancy, so i don't really consider it morning sickness.

i am getting so anxious for my m/w appt at the end of this month! i wish it were RIGHT NOW!!

i don't recall experiencing sore boobs in my first 2 pregnancies.

i could have typed every word of this! it is exactly the same as me!! we must be twins.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#66 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 PM

I love polynesian sauce!!! I have 2 chik fil a's within 10 minutes of me!!! Now I want some....but alas I am broke lol Gotta take the cat to the vet. She has diabetes and I think she has a bladder infection b/c she has peed on our bed 4 times in the last week! I can't afford to keep getting our comforters drycleaned!

Appt went great! (made a separate thread about it)

Now gotta wait on the people to come look at the hole in our ceiling.

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
#67 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 01:01 PM

Good luck with your appt Evergreen!

Anyone else having insomnia? I keep not being able to go back to sleep after I get up to go to the bathroom around 4am. I lay there wide awake for at least and hour or two, and then finally drift back to sleep but then it's almost time to get up.

Last night my sweet dh offered to drive 30min each way to get me Chick-Fil-A. I didn't take him up on it, but I'm seeing a trip there this weekend if it still sounds good.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#68 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 01:44 PM

i spoke too soon about not experiencing morning sickness. i haven't thrown up yet, but i think i'd feel better if i did.

i had to literally force myself to eat half my eggs this morning, but my puppy was happy to finish them for me. i ate some altoids and they have me feeling better.

i am going to eat a sub for lunch--i am craving one with roast beef, swiss, banana peppers, and vinegar. that is ALL i want on it. i am drinking water like mad, so much i think my eyeballs might start floating.

vivica--too funny!
#69 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

My appointment sucked. I am going to put that in it's own thread because it's a tl;dr.

#70 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 04:12 PM

Random comment made to my DH: You know when we were talking about getting pregnant I knew my life would eventually revolve around food and poop, I just didn't think it would happen this soon

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#71 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post
Random comment made to my DH: You know when we were talking about getting pregnant I knew my life would eventually revolve around food and poop, I just didn't think it would happen this soon

#72 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 PM

Mmmmm...chick fil a. It's seriously my fave. We have two pretty close to us. My boys actually had a kids' meal from the food court location today. I stuck w/ spicy chicken nachos. Yum.
I also had my u/s today. We saw the heartbeat. Woo hoo!!
They measured the baby at three days earlier than I have based on ovulation. I think I'm gonna still stick with my dates. Both of my boys were born closer to my due date based on o than they were to their u/s dates. Tech said the fetus was moving its 9-week armbuds wildly about. How funny to imagine the little bean moving around.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#73 of 104 Old 10-07-2010, 07:23 PM

I'm extremely bloated and have no focus

My children are so incredibly excited about the baby now that we've told them. My (usually very quiet ) 4 year old brings it up any chance she can fit it in and I'm just praying she doesn't bring it up in front of people we know. My 8 year old picked up my Week By Week book and started reading all about baby's development and looking at the pictures. I don't remember there being anything in there that would be inappropriate..hope I'm remembering right. If she keeps up, she'll be instructing me about what I should and shouldn't be doing.
#74 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 12:46 AM

Congrats Katie!!!

Camprunner-Little doctor in training =)

Ours had a little yolk sac with it..she said it should go away around 12 weeks. Is that right? lol

#75 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 05:48 AM

I cannot wait til this nausea is finished. Almost 10 weeks so I am hoping it doesn't last much more than another 2 weeks.
I want some cravings instead of the aversions.
#76 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

I'm 6w5d. I am feeling pretty great today! I am almost afraid to type that because I don't want to jinx anything. Usually by this time into a pregnancy I have nurses coming over and administering IVs. So, the one pregnancy I actually get prescription drugs for nausea it's not that bad. I've thrown up once and get the gags every so often but I can ignore it if I want. It is amazing!

#77 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb1107 View Post

Ours had a little yolk sac with it..she said it should go away around 12 weeks. Is that right? lol
Mine still had some yolk sac left at a 9w5d ultrasound, too. She didn't say when it would go away, though...
#78 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I made an appt to interview the other OB practice in town.

Things I liked from the 2 minute conversation with the receptionist: The appointment will be with the NP on staff whom I know and love.

Things I didn't: I specifically asked to interview the doctor since the NP doesn't attend births but once I found out who it was I backed off (more of my awesome assertiveness at work.)

I told her it was for an interview and she tried to set up a 1st time appointment. I told her I'd already done that including blood work. She asked if I'd had an u/s and she said, "So you know how far along you are." Arghhh! People, there are ways to tell how far along you are without an u/s.

I also got a fb message from the midwife I used with DD2 (the one who retired) who told me some scary things about the OB whom I am leaving. I am soooo glad I contacted her to vent about the horrible appointment.

#79 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 01:05 PM

nic i still have wicked sore boobs too...

guys i'm so stressed about work. i've worked for almost four years at this great place and i teach yoga on the side. It's a lot.

But we're merging with another company and i'm really afraid i'm being over promised and will be over extended instead of having earned my right to take things off my plate and lighten my load during pregnancy. i sent a note to the boss's wife who kind of doubles as our HR person. Not asking her to advocate for me, but asking for advice.

I did a lot to prepare them that i'll be taking 12 weeks maternity and then coming back half time, but i didn't talk about the fact that while pregnant i need to lighten my load not triple it. Sigh. I'm super stressed and feeling not so good from it. TGIF.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#80 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 03:15 PM

ugh. i just want to complain a little bit so skip over this if you aren't in the mood!

so i spotted a few times until last friday when i spotted brownish red and went to the ER. they sent me home after taking bloodwork and doing an ultrasound with no heartbeat...they brought me back the next day and did an ultrasound and the baby was totally fine measuring 5w6d (i think it was actually about 5w4d at that time). since then i've been (stupidly) checking my cervix every day and doing internal sweeps with toilet paper because i've been so anxious about it, and i think in doing so my spotting has increased...not an awful lot but to the point where i am spotting brown every day or two. yesterday i started spotting bright red for a couple hours and then called health link to ask them wtf was going on and they told me to go see a doctor within 12 hours...i called my doctor this morning and the receptionist told me to go to the ER because the doctor won't even see me until 8-12 weeks along. *sigh*

anyways. i'm not spotting anymore, i know there is brownish blood inside but none has made a grand appearance, and i don't WANT to go sit in the hospital for hours on end waiting to get an internal and an ultrasound and a blood test. ugh.

i just want to lay in bed and cry and watch america's next top model. that's so selfish sounding but what's the point?! i have no cramps and i still have all my pregnancy symptoms. i am fairly sure i either gave myself a small v.i. by contaminating myself with toilet paper or just irritated my cervix way too much. or maybe i have a subchorionic hematoma.

i should be grateful that i have healthcare, let alone free healthcare...and i am. but i am so not in the mood to sit in a hospital and be poked and prodded at.

please pray that everything is fine regardless, i think i am going to shower and leave as soon as the nausea settles down.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#81 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

ryleeee

#82 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 04:44 PM

ryleeee i hope you feel better soon.

i feel horrible today. morning sickness is def. setting in. i skipped the eggs today and ate an apple with nutella and some milk. i felt better, and the apple was refreshing. i stopped at the grocery and got an avocado that was delicious, but now i feel so queasy i feel weak in the legs. the hot flashes won't stay away. luckily i work in the food and bev business, so i have ample supply of things to try to keep my stomach. right now it is oyster crackers and ginger ale. the ginger ale is saving my life.

i can't wait to be off work on sunday so i can lounge all day without worry. but then, i have tickets to the rocky horror picture show with my sister in law. i hope i make it!
#83 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 06:19 PM

Well after yesterdays post about feeling emotional, I made myself get up this morning and go to a birthday party playdate. Then hubby called and asked me to come have lunch with him at work, so DS and I went to whole foods and got a salad, vegan chocolate pudding and a drink and just spent time with hubby on his lunch break (He works 40 miles from home, so this doesn't happen that often). By then it was 2:30 and half the day was over! I am glad I made myself leave the house because it really helped distract me from the nausea. Now, when I got home, I did puke up my salad, but overall I feel okay now.

Other good news, my husband just found out that he's had money taken out of his paycheck every month put into a medical savings fund(he knew about it but had forgotten about it) and it has more than enough to cover the cost of the birth, childbirth classes, appointments, copays, and maybe a new pair of transition glasses for me. I'm so excited. I wasn't really nervous about being able to pay for everything, but this just makes things so much easier. Who knows, maybe we'll go to the dentist too! So happy!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#84 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slb1107 View Post
Congrats Katie!!!

Camprunner-Little doctor in training =)

There was still a yolk sac, and I was 8 wks 4 days at my u/s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I made an appt to interview the other OB practice in town.

Things I liked from the 2 minute conversation with the receptionist: The appointment will be with the NP on staff whom I know and love.

Things I didn't: I specifically asked to interview the doctor since the NP doesn't attend births but once I found out who it was I backed off (more of my awesome assertiveness at work.)

I told her it was for an interview and she tried to set up a 1st time appointment. I told her I'd already done that including blood work. She asked if I'd had an u/s and she said, "So you know how far along you are." Arghhh! People, there are ways to tell how far along you are without an u/s.

I also got a fb message from the midwife I used with DD2 (the one who retired) who told me some scary things about the OB whom I am leaving. I am soooo glad I contacted her to vent about the horrible appointment.
Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post
ugh. i just want to complain a little bit so skip over this if you aren't in the mood!

so i spotted a few times until last friday when i spotted brownish red and went to the ER. they sent me home after taking bloodwork and doing an ultrasound with no heartbeat...they brought me back the next day and did an ultrasound and the baby was totally fine measuring 5w6d (i think it was actually about 5w4d at that time). since then i've been (stupidly) checking my cervix every day and doing internal sweeps with toilet paper because i've been so anxious about it, and i think in doing so my spotting has increased...not an awful lot but to the point where i am spotting brown every day or two. yesterday i started spotting bright red for a couple hours and then called health link to ask them wtf was going on and they told me to go see a doctor within 12 hours...i called my doctor this morning and the receptionist told me to go to the ER because the doctor won't even see me until 8-12 weeks along. *sigh*

anyways. i'm not spotting anymore, i know there is brownish blood inside but none has made a grand appearance, and i don't WANT to go sit in the hospital for hours on end waiting to get an internal and an ultrasound and a blood test. ugh.

i just want to lay in bed and cry and watch america's next top model. that's so selfish sounding but what's the point?! i have no cramps and i still have all my pregnancy symptoms. i am fairly sure i either gave myself a small v.i. by contaminating myself with toilet paper or just irritated my cervix way too much. or maybe i have a subchorionic hematoma.

i should be grateful that i have healthcare, let alone free healthcare...and i am. but i am so not in the mood to sit in a hospital and be poked and prodded at.

please pray that everything is fine regardless, i think i am going to shower and leave as soon as the nausea settles down.
That sounds so nerve-wracking. (((HUGS))) Yeah, I would say the excessive checking probably made things worse. I hope it stops soon, mama. I would prob go to the ER just to get some peace of mind. They'll likely do a u/s, and see your bean's hb will make you feel better.

#85 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post
Other good news, my husband just found out that he's had money taken out of his paycheck every month put into a medical savings fund(he knew about it but had forgotten about it) and it has more than enough to cover the cost of the birth, childbirth classes, appointments, copays, and maybe a new pair of transition glasses for me. I'm so excited. I wasn't really nervous about being able to pay for everything, but this just makes things so much easier. Who knows, maybe we'll go to the dentist too! So happy!

That is amazing! Wish we were that lucky lol

#86 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 08:06 PM

i will not check my cervix

so i went to the ER and the bleeding increased...to actual blood...i was pretty freaked out. not enough to even have changed my ultra-thin pad yet (kind of gross i know, but i was trying to gauge just how bad it was) and i was even passing tiny, tiny clots along with brown cervical mucous.

i had my blood drawn and an internal exam done and it turns out my cervix is just very friable BUT it is high and closed and my hcg levels are "through the roof"...

yay!

i'm feeling pretty nauseous in other news. i didn't eat a whole lot today. i had 9 pieces of california roll that i forced down on the way to the hospital with half a small rootbeer and some crackers. now i'm eating an apple. i seriously can't get enough of apples...

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#87 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
ryleeee that is such good news!!! I had been popping in here to see how you were doing.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#88 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 09:06 PM

thank you for caring!!!!!!!

#89 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 09:24 PM

Awesome news, ryleee. So happy things are OK.

#90 of 104 Old 10-08-2010, 10:18 PM

Yay ryleeee! I am glad things are well. With me it's oranges and tomatoes. It's like all I want to eat.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page