thanks girls
what would i do without you all?!

i've thrown up twice today. barrrrrrrrf

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao
#92 of 104 Old 10-09-2010, 01:21 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh MrsBone I forgot to say.. you might want to check the rules for his account, they sometimes require that a certain amount be used per calendar year. I've gotten burnt by that before. Just a thought

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#93 of 104 Old 10-09-2010, 09:58 AM

yay for ryleeee!!!

i'm also eating lots and lots of apples.
#94 of 104 Old 10-09-2010, 11:10 AM

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans!!!! They are so comfy. I got tired of unbuttoning my jeans and wearing a belly band..lol I think it's mostly bloat but boy is it a big bloat! I got the underbelly ones for early to mid pregnancy. I'll get 1 more pair whenever I really really need to. I also bought a bunch of shirts on sale. So I think I have plenty of maternity shirts..although I'll buy more on sale lol I think I'll be dressing better during pregnancy than I did before..all pregnancy clothes look fancy to me lol

Congrats rylee!

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
#95 of 104 Old 10-09-2010, 09:12 PM

I ran a 5K today! My official time was 38:55, and at 10 weeks pregnant, I'll take that! Crossing the finish line felt incredible! I now know why people get addicted to running. I'm planning to run another one on Dec. 19. I'll be 19-20 weeks then, and I figure if I can't run by then, I can at least power walk it!

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#96 of 104 Old 10-09-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post
I ran a 5K today! My official time was 38:55, and at 10 weeks pregnant, I'll take that! Crossing the finish line felt incredible! I now know why people get addicted to running. I'm planning to run another one on Dec. 19. I'll be 19-20 weeks then, and I figure if I can't run by then, I can at least power walk it!
Hey! Another running momma! Congrats! I ran an 8K today in 57:36, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I was really proud of myself, too.

I am hoping to keep running as long as I can. I really want to run a half marathon in August 2011, so this LO will be about 3 months old. I ran a half this year, and I would love to have that huge challenge to stay in shape during this pregnancy.

Good luck on your next run. I bet you'll still be able to run at 19-20 weeks! I was reading a running momma's blog today, and she ran 3 miles every other day until she was 32 weeks. Inspiration!

Mommy to a boy (6), girls (4&2), and our baby boy (8 months)

Missing Ashlyn 10/18/06 and Brennan 10/18/10
#97 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 12:31 AM

I haven't attempted a half yet. Though the 5K I ran today is a qualifier for a half marathon, so my post-partum goal is to qualify next year. (You have to finish in under 32 minutes to qualify.) I would be 5 months post partum, so I think that is totally doable. (Makes me really hope my VBAC is successful so I can get back to running as soon as possible after birth!)

I hope I can run in Dec. My lower back started bothering me toward the end of the race, so that is a concern. I strength train 3x a week, but I think I'll try to focus a little more on the lower back (while I still can!!).

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#98 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom-to-jj View Post
Hey! Another running momma! Congrats! I ran an 8K today in 57:36, and I'm 7 weeks pregnant. I was really proud of myself, too.

I am hoping to keep running as long as I can. I really want to run a half marathon in August 2011, so this LO will be about 3 months old. I ran a half this year, and I would love to have that huge challenge to stay in shape during this pregnancy.

Good luck on your next run. I bet you'll still be able to run at 19-20 weeks! I was reading a running momma's blog today, and she ran 3 miles every other day until she was 32 weeks. Inspiration!
during my first pregnancy, I ran a lot also, and was able to run almost right until the end, it depends how you are carrying though, I carried super high. I was able to bike really until the end which was nice.

this time w/ a 1 year old I don't run too often just bike and play frisbee. I'm hoping though that I can do that until the end also! I played frisbee on Friday though, and was so tired I had to sit down between points. But we only had 4 on 4, so LOTS of running. I found most sports easier in the second trimester, actually.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#99 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post
Wow! So impressive. I've been keeping up w/ my bikini bootcamp class, but when we run, I typically walk, mostly because I've been so winded!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#100 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 11:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
still no symptoms at 7 weeks. i moved my first appointment from end of Oct...to next wed. hopefully i can get some peace of mind.

on another note, had a dream last night that my phone worked as an ultrasound and i found out it was a boy..i was crushed and angry and stressed out when i woke up. guess i have some issues to work thru.

aaaaaaannnnd! my cervix is high musshy and nearly open. seriously!?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#101 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 12:37 PM

My rant... I'm tired. Really, really tired. Just sent my hubby to the store with my daughter because I needed a little break and he acted like it was a big deal and a burden. I need breaks every once in a while. It's okay to ask him to watch her so I can just relax or shower by myself, isn't it? I stay at home full time and work as a photographer on the side (photographing on weekends and editing on week nights after she's gone to bed.) So - I'm on ALOT. He just sees her a few times in the evenings and some on the weekends (when he's not out running errands by himself or at his "just for fun because he needs man time" welding class). I so need more help and a little respite. I wish we had family in town!

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#102 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 01:07 PM

i feel it is totally acceptable for you to have alone time TO YOURSELF! he is her parent, too! i'd love for my husband to act like our children are a burden. i tell you this, it would only happen once!!!

if he has his time to himself, then he should reciprocate that time for you, in addition to the two of you have alone time together! even the children need time away from the parents every once in a while.

i want to go do something today, but am having a difficult time getting motivated. my legs are sore from working 14 hour shifts the last 2 days, but i am determined to get this family out of the house.

lately my diet has included lots of ginger ale and crackers. blah.
#103 of 104 Old 10-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Mamas, I'm uber emotional this week. Ugh. A local direct-entry (not certified, not practicing legally in our state) was arrested and charged with manslaughter because a baby died at one of her births last Nov. Our local hb community is going crazy, as you can imagine. I knew the mother--she was in our hb group--and the midwife, who also was in our group.
As you can imagine, I was on the phone in tears w/ my MW (who is a CPM and practicing legally) pretty much all day yesterday. This certainly does not shake my faith in HB for low-risk women, but it reminds me that nothing is ever guaranteed.
Sorry for being so depressing, but I just need to share. I'm super emotional about this.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#104 of 104 Old 10-11-2010, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
Mamas, I'm uber emotional this week. Ugh. A local direct-entry (not certified, not practicing legally in our state) was arrested and charged with manslaughter because a baby died at one of her births last Nov. Our local hb community is going crazy, as you can imagine. I knew the mother--she was in our hb group--and the midwife, who also was in our group.
As you can imagine, I was on the phone in tears w/ my MW (who is a CPM and practicing legally) pretty much all day yesterday. This certainly does not shake my faith in HB for low-risk women, but it reminds me that nothing is ever guaranteed.
Sorry for being so depressing, but I just need to share. I'm super emotional about this.

This happened here too once. Fortunately, while she was charged with something much worse by the time the trial came around they only had evidence for practicing medicine without a license and that was eventually dropped. I hope things turn out well for this woman. And my condolences to the parents.

New thread here :http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1270244

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page