Forum Jump: 

#31 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 1st (19 month old) is Nora Anne

Girl name frontrunner: Ruth Elyse
Boy name contenders: Asher Isaac and Elijah James

Boy-girl twins (doesn't hurt to be prepared, with twins running in the fam!): Elijah James and Elisabeth (Ellie) _______ (can't decide a middle name yet)

We have a 1 syllable last name, so hubby is adamant that no boys will have 1 syllable first names like him. Girls he doesn't mind so much, since chances are good that they won't have our last name forever. So with a 1 syllable last name, would Eliabeth Violet be too much? It might work, especially if it's Ellie Violet. Hmm.....perhaps.
#32 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveNora View Post
Eliabeth Violet

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#33 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 05:05 PM

I like Ellie....it's Chuck's sister on the tv show Chuck lol

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
#34 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 PM

english-mummy.. It's definitely our favorite. I love how many ways it is perfect.. baby is due in May, was concieved during Pleiades, is our 4th pregnancy..the name means "Close to God" in Hebrew and "Mother" in Greek.. my children have been my greatest mothers

I love how Lynn sounds with it, by that is my Mother's middle name so it is off the table. We havent even delved into middle names yet.

Just incase baby comes out and doesnt "look" like a Maia, we thought we should have some backups

My DD1's name is Keona and we wanted something as unique.

I love the spelling Maia.. so, I guess we will just deal with the corrections.
#35 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 06:15 PM

after having loved olivia for YEARS my husband tells me last night he isn't sure of the name because when he was in school with a girl he didn't like very much named olivia.

he likes renn, though. so back to square one for us!
#36 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 06:20 PM

i like wren as a middle name. i'm trying to convince my husband...i don't know if he'll go for it. i have a feeling he won't.

my BIL and SIL named their daughter maia after the angels in the silmarillion by j.r.r. tolkien.

link

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#37 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Ebony Jade Melissa for a girl so far not got a boys name picked but am thinking about it

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#38 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i really like Keanu for a boy. it literally means "the cool" in Hawaiian. but DH isn't digging it for obvious connotations. stupid celebs.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#39 of 58 Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 PM

If it's a boy we were thinking Landon. But it's after BIL's middle name. And we don't like BIL all that much.... So I don't know why DH wants it so bad. lol.

No worries. It'll be a girl anyways lol. We thought of Lillian for a moment... Lill and Will... Kinda cute. lol.

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#40 of 58 Old 10-16-2010, 01:00 AM

You guys have some great names picked out. We just decided on names yesterday. Although, it's still early, so nothing is set in stone. If we're having a girl, Lia Marie and if we're having a boy, Brice Oliver. Marie is my middle name (and Mom's and Grandma's) and Oliver is my Dad's middle name. No real reason for the first names, other than we like the names and they're short. We have a really long last name, so need something short and sweet for the first name.

Only one small problem. My husband is Laotian and he says Lia means "lick" in Lao . Most people won't know that, but his family will. Hopefully it doesn't throw the name out because I really love it.

#41 of 58 Old 10-16-2010, 10:54 PM

You all have such fun and interesting names on the table! I love this part of being pregnant!

I haven't talked to DH yet, but I am hoping I can make a unilateral decision on a girl name. I am absolutely in love with Lark Paxton. I don't know anyone with either name, and I like to think of it as contributing a new little song bird of peace into the world. (don't laugh - I know it's cheesy!)

Not even the foggiest clue on a boy name. Go figure -- I bet that's what we'll get! I wish I had some strong family names or culture to draw from. I can pull some out, but it won't have a super connected meaning, you know?

Me (31) married to M (37). Loving little MD 3/09 and TTC #2 since 5/10.
#42 of 58 Old 10-17-2010, 01:57 AM

I'm loving some of these names

We definitely could use some help! We are still working on our "short lists", so far we have....
(last name is 3 syllables and starts with G)

Boys:
*middle name will most likely be James (after both grandfathers)*
Julian
Zavier
Vincent
Alec
Sebastian
Kian
..and still not in love with any of them. Totally open to suggestions

Girls:
Mae
Kaelyn
JoLeigh (might end up being middle name as it is a combo of my Mom's and my middle names)
Brynleigh
Thea
..and still searching for "the one"
I really like the nickname "Connie", but don't know of a full name to use..any ideas?

p.s. DH is French Canadian, so he really likes French names or those that can be pronounced well in French

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
#43 of 58 Old 10-17-2010, 02:57 PM

This morning dh and I decided on Maebelle for a girl. I really liked the name Mabel but he wasn't going for it. However, he does like Maebelle. This name was last somewhat popular in the early 1900's but everything seems to say that even at it's most popular, it wasn't all that popular.

He insists on sticking with an M naming theme and I dislike most of the M names for boys. Anyone want to help me? I would love an old fashioned name that is uncommon but doesn't sound like a geek
#44 of 58 Old 10-17-2010, 03:33 PM

I spoke too soon. DH just suggest a form of Mciver and Lee for a middle name. Not sure how we will spell it yet though.
#45 of 58 Old 10-17-2010, 07:43 PM

malcolm
mosi... i really wanted a mosi but it was a coworker of Dh's name.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

#46 of 58 Old 10-17-2010, 09:35 PM

We like Hadley for a girl and I think Case for a boy. We already have a Cohen and a Callum so Case would go nicely with that.
#47 of 58 Old 10-18-2010, 11:11 AM

I think I really like Calleigh, but I'm not sure how I would want to spell it. Calleigh, Callie, Cally. I think I like Callie best. Calleigh is pretty, but I'd worry that the spelling is too "trendy" with the '-eigh' ending.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#48 of 58 Old 10-19-2010, 01:07 AM

Lately I am thinking Zoe Clare for a girl. Clare is a family name. Mostly I am looking for short names. We saddled poor DD with Kathleen (8 letters) and a 4 sylable 11 letter last name (starts with T). I'm thinking shortwould be good as I watch her practicing writing her first name and the letters wrap around the corners of the page.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#49 of 58 Old 10-19-2010, 03:16 PM

I think our top runners are Lyric for a girl and Kai for a boy. Still working on middle names... Our 21-month old is Harper Noelle :-)

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#50 of 58 Old 10-19-2010, 03:17 PM

I've also always LOVED Hannah, but my sister worked in an oncology unit at a pediatric hospital for years and she attended the bedsides and wakes of many little girls named Hannah, so I've found myself shying away from the name.

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#51 of 58 Old 10-21-2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmom2 View Post
Boys:
*middle name will most likely be James (after both grandfathers)*
Julian
Zavier
Vincent
Alec
Sebastian
Kian
..and still not in love with any of them. Totally open to suggestions

Girls:
Mae
Kaelyn
JoLeigh (might end up being middle name as it is a combo of my Mom's and my middle names)
Brynleigh
Thea
..and still searching for "the one"
I really like the nickname "Connie", but don't know of a full name to use..any ideas?

p.s. DH is French Canadian, so he really likes French names or those that can be pronounced well in French
For boys I'm loving the sound of Julian James or Zavier James! Nice ring to them for sure!

For girls I've got a Kailyn myself so I'm always partial to that one . I know a little Brenly as well & it's so pretty & just uncommon enough that she totally rocks the name.

Good luck but you've got some great choices there!
(p.s. DH is French Canadian too so I know what you mean about having something the family can say)

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
#52 of 58 Old 10-22-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinkyfish View Post
Lark Paxton.
I adore this!

We've had our names picked out since first pregnancy (miscarried) and we have not wavered one bit on them. I'm hesitant to share them with anyone though, it seems like everyone has a better opinion or alternative. I'd rather just pretend like we don't know yet and then introduce them after they're born!

Boy: Grayson David Bjorn
(Grayson for my husband, as one of it's meanings is "Son Of The Steward" and my husband's middle name is Stuart, which means "Steward".)
(David for my father. And it means "Beloved".)
(Bjorn because it means "Bear" and that is just personal to us.)

Girl: Ember Sage Faye
(Ember which has various meanings, mostly related to fire of course, but the meaning we loved was "Smoldering Remains Of A Fire". I really like Emme for a nickname as well.)
(Sage, meaning "Wise".)
(Faye, can mean both "Faith and Fairy", though I love the "Fairy" meaning best. This is also my hubby's mother's and grandmother's middle name.)

Meanings were very very very important to us, lol, obviously! It's difficult though, as so many different sources can give you a different or slightly different meaning for a name. We tried to make sure that our meanings were fairly correct, and then just stuck with them.

Dani - madly in love with Neil. Lost our little twins brokenheart.gif brokenheart.gif (6/10). So excited to meet our baby girl Ember rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gif in May!

#53 of 58 Old 10-22-2010, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Is Zoe getting to be pretty popular? That's my DH's top pick. But the only way I'd go for it is we have boy/girl twins. (Fat chance--I don't think we're having twins.) If we did though he loves Zoe and Zach. I think it's cute too, and would go for it in that circumstance.

DH already vetoed my unisex names.

I like Chloe and so does DH, but I'm not so sure it goes with our last name which starts with Kl.

I have a feeling we're having a boy. Zach has been a top pick each pregnancy, but we've never used it. I'm lost on boys names.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#54 of 58 Old 10-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Oh, names are just sooo difficult to agree on.
After four boys we kind off used all the best boy names.
We have top-100 lists we will check out. Sometimes some names are so popular that you end up with 2-3 little ones all with the same name in each school class. We`ll try to avoid the most popular names, but we still would love to have a unique and special name. (without it beeing TO special, if you know what i mean)

Some of the names I like, have not discussed names with my husband yet.
Boy:
Noel
Joel
Isak
Luka

Girl:
Ella
Alva
Ebba
Stella
Lina

None of my children have middle names.

Proud Norwegian mother of four intact boys, expecting a little baby May 2011!
#55 of 58 Old 10-23-2010, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraPolaris View Post
Oh, names are just sooo difficult to agree on.
After four boys we kind off used all the best boy names.
We have top-100 lists we will check out. Sometimes some names are so popular that you end up with 2-3 little ones all with the same name in each school class. We`ll try to avoid the most popular names, but we still would love to have a unique and special name. (without it beeing TO special, if you know what i mean)

Some of the names I like, have not discussed names with my husband yet.
Boy:
Noel
Joel
Isak
Luka

Girl:
Ella
Alva
Ebba
Stella
Lina

None of my children have middle names.
I like your names! Almost all the girls names I like end in "a." Watch out though Ella is super popular right now. I never meant to name my kids popular names but never researched which names were popular either. I ended up naming my kids Jacob, Max, and Ella. ALL of them are so popular and I never knew it until after they were born. The boys have both had others with the same names in classes/sports they've taken. Ella is too young to have been in any classes/sports but I hear it ALL the time. I do love their names though and wouldn't change them for anything. I just wouldn't have chosen them if I knew they were so popular.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#56 of 58 Old 10-23-2010, 09:30 PM

same thing happened to us! i researched and researched trying to find a non-popular name and we fell in love with the maya... something we thought wasn't very popular yet. we were wrong. i know of so many mayas and i don't think it makes it better that everyone spells it differently. but i still adore the name!

the girls name i love now is elana. i don't think it is popular at all but i'm not sure how DH feels about it. i mentioned it last pregnancy and he didn't seem impressed so we'll see. i find boys names much more difficult and i haven't come up with anything i love yet.

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#57 of 58 Old 10-24-2010, 01:25 AM

DH refuses to even discuss names until we know the gender. But here's what I like so far:

Boys:
(middle name will probably be Christopher after my cousin who passed away this summer)
Mason
Owen

Girls:
(middle name will be Ruby, Eveline, or Celeste, all family names)
Madigan - I have loved this name for YEARS
Alison
Nora
Audrey

My boys are Ethan David Randall and Logan Patrick.

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#58 of 58 Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 PM

I plan on doing two middle names, because it's a recent family tradition. My husband and I have different last names (I like mine so I didn't change it when we got married) and we decided that whomever wants to have their last name attached to the baby defaults all the first names. He really wants his last name, so I get the others.

Fortunately he likes my picks so far.

We're going with Agent Caton (my last name, pronounced K-ton) and then a third middle name more based on gender. Right now, my favs for the boy one is Addison and the girl one is Waverly.

I like all the names everyone has picked out so far!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page