weekly Chat Thread Oct 11-17 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 11:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nutter, so glad to hear the B6 is working for you! I got some at our co-op yesterday and took it last night and again this morning. I'm also taking one dandelion root cap with it and I'm hoping it will start helping in the next few days! It would be great to have the fatigue let up!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#92 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 12:04 PM

I dreamed about my craving I had yesterday!!!! I wanted McAlister's cookies but I couldn't get them yesterday so I made up for it in my dream by getting a bunch haha

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
#93 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 12:06 PM

Just did my scan...
LO was waving arms and legs!!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#94 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 PM

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#95 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 01:14 PM

i will be 8 weeks monday, and i just want to quit my job and lay in bed all day. i wish i could fast forward to week 12 to see if i start feeling better by then. i really am blindsided by feeling so awful. i haven't really actually puked that much, just constant feeling of queasiness and exhaustion.

sorry to complain so much.
#96 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
threw up bile again today (so second time this pregnancy). I hate that! Its so much harder than throwing up food, it is just exhausting. The mr. was nice enough to let me sleep in a bit, since DS has been up nursing a bunch the last few days (poor babe, sprained his ankle on thursday) but that meant I got too hungry, I guess.

I also seem to have a slight head/chest cold, which is seeming to make the nausea worse - the slight taste of phlegm I guess in the back of the throat? ugh.

but I guess its good I threw up today - I'm 8 weeks, hoping it means babe is still doing well my first appt in a week, but guessing no u/s until 11/12 weeks, so a while before we tell anyone. Though I wanted to tell some of my frisbee team given how badly I'm playing lately (just so tired!) I keep doling out the 'I'm sick' excuse.
I've been sick with a cold too for the past week and a half. It sucks. I know exactly what you mean about the miserable feeling/taste of phlegm in your throat! It's awful any time, but ESPECIALLY when you can barely keep your tummy inside you anyway! Ick! I'm getting over my cold slowly but surely. Hope you feel better soon too!
#97 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 02:04 PM

Hugs to all the ladies who are feeling crappy! Hopefully it is over soon.

About strange pg dreams: the other night I dreamt that I was puttering around the house with the new baby in my arms, dressed in the little red jumper I bought a while ago. My dad calls and it occurs to me that I hadn't called him yet to let him know that the baby got here last night. He asks me how the birth went and I realize I don't know, because I SLEPT through it! I had to go find my dh and ask him whether it was a boy or a girl because I hadn't looked (it was a boy). I was so irritated at the thought that I had missed my child's birth that it woke me up.

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#98 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedidbug View Post
You ladies are so much better at keeping things secret than I. I told pretty much everyone right away. I just can't keep my mouth shut.
Me tooo! I'm not a secret-keeper (not my own secrets, anyway...I can keep other people's!) We told family a couple days after finding out. (@ 4 wks!) and then started telling all our friends the next week! I figure, I'd rather share than not, and then if (God forbid) something were to happen, I'd rather have the people I love in on the situation!
#99 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnc View Post
i will be 8 weeks monday, and i just want to quit my job and lay in bed all day. i wish i could fast forward to week 12 to see if i start feeling better by then. i really am blindsided by feeling so awful. i haven't really actually puked that much, just constant feeling of queasiness and exhaustion.

sorry to complain so much.
I feel the same! 8 weeks today and I can barely be up for 5 minutes! It's awful, because I have a VERY active 19 month old. I feel so bad saying "mama feels sick, honey." She keeps coming and trying to take my hand and lead me places, but I just feel like if I stand up, I'll heave all over her! We've been resorting to the TV, which I feel a little guilty about (she's started pointing to it and asking to "see? see?"), but mostly just reading lots of books and giving her as much time with grandma as possible.
#100 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 03:06 PM

my goodness...i had SUCH a disturbing pregnancy dream last night. it was so vivid...i dreamt that our baby girl had arrived and i was shocked that i was so far along, she was just a fast developer i guess...but it was a dream within my dream that she had arrived and when i woke up from it (not in real life, in my actual dream) my mom and husband wanted to have me committed because they thought i was crazy for telling everyone the baby had come...when i had dreamt it. it was so disturbing! i cried and cried. then i woke up and thought "oh! it was just a dream!" but then i was weirded out because it had already BEEN a dream so i was confused for a few minutes. man that was horrible.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#101 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 03:42 PM

Didn't someone say that HCG peaks at ten weeks? Well, I'll be ten weeks on Sun, and felt the worst I have all pregnancy this morning. UGH! I went to my bootcamp class and just kind of sat there like an idiot. Ack.

Anyway, someone posted these pics on FB of a ten-week fetus, and I stared for a long time, because it's crazy to think that my baby looks like this right now. Please note: this is from a pro-life site, but I AM NOT MAKING ANY KIND OF STATEMENT! I simply liked the picture, and one of my pro-life friends posted the link on FB. Anyway, just look for the pictures, and not for what the article says, unless you want to, that is.

http://liveaction.org/blog/the-power-of-a-portrait/

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#102 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post
Mamachef - Is there anything you can do or take while pregnant to help support or gently cleanse your liver? My MW mentioned that she has read recently that they think the state of your liver(and the amount of toxins in it, including pregnancy hormones) may effect how bad your morning sickness is.

I'm still puking a couple times a day and feeling nauseous off and on all day. And am So tired...I'm getting ready to go to bed now and it's not even 10pm. I just wish my dh could be continually supportive instead of swinging back and forth in his moods. I cannot wait for this first trimester to be over.
Cut out non organic dairy, meats and veggies as much as possible to reduce hormone load..

Lotsa water... but not with food. Inbetween. You need the acids to be concentrated with the food because the intestines have slowed down so they can suck EVERY nutrient out of the food you eat. Eat all citrus/acids/tomatoes with protein. Dont eat them alone or with carbs.

Take a bcomplex instead of just b6 - if you take a single B it can screw with the balance of the other Bs. B12 is important to the liver.

The reason supplementing B helps so much, probably, atleast this is what makes sense to me.. is that B vitamins are made by the bacteria in your gut. When it is all out of balance in early pregnancy it draws heavily on your reserves. If for, instance, you have IBS, or are lactose or gluten intolerant, or have candida, or eat a less then perfect diet , you might have less reserves available because usually those things indicate something might be out of balance. The liver has the capacity to story up to 3-5 years of B12 (I think some of the other Bs too), but if you have been chronically deficient because your gut hasnt got those flora to efficiently make Bs, then it can hit you pretty hard in early pregnancy. The liver doesnt have it's reserves, the body doesnt have the flora.. and it slugs and glugs along.

Gentle Herbal tonics

Milk thistle. It's also called Silymarin. Just follow the instructions on the bottle.

You can also drink dandelion root and nettle infusions. Dandelion root is a little bitter, so add some herbal tea you like and let it steep as long as you can for the more medicinal properties. I usually try to do infusions at night and drink them in the am.

Not really liver supporting, but some people say beans really help them, because it absorbs the bile and excess hormones and moves it out of the body.

annaconda,
I read your other thread about being further along then you thought! Woohoo. Im so glad you got to see your babe.. sucks that your U/S tech was such a grumperpuss.

I woke up feeling alot better today (10w5d). Cautiously optimistic. so Im trying to take advantage of it. I dusted, vaccumed and am attacking the mountain of clothing. Ive got a quinoa, chicken, broccoli and cheese casserole in the oven for the next few days and hope I can do trial run of gluten/casein/soy free cake pops today. I want to do the black cat ones and the jack-o-lanterns from here http://www.bakerella.com/trick-or-treats/ they look pretty easy, so hopefully they will turn out cute. I have some chocolate layer cakes frozen, so I just have to make icing and dip them. I hope thy turn out. Im not really good with decorating baked goods.
#103 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post
camprunner, you can try diluting your stomach acid by drinking more water. The liver goes kinda crazy making hormones in the first tri and it works in cahoots with the gallbladder to slow down digestion and increase bile. I worked with a midwife who had a theory that the meat aversion stages of early pregnancy were because everything is so slowed down digestively by the hormones.
Yes, I first noticed an improvement when I drank 64 oz of water outside of meals in one day so I've been trying though not hitting that much water since. I've also been laying off of the tomatoes for the last 24 hours and it's helped tremendously as well. That's interesting about the liver. I'd also be interested in knowing if there is a safe way to cleanse it.

I think I'm doing more worrying that usual this week. I'm somewhere between 8 and 9 weeks. On facebook this week, I've been reading about a lot of later losses and it just makes me worry.... I'm sure I'll feel better once I've heard the heartbeat..
#104 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 PM

Mamachef you have been on a roll today! I sorted out DS3's clothes for fall and that's been my major accomplishment, lol. The casserole sounds really good - I hope that you continue to feel better!

katiedidbug I have also heard that HCG peaks around 9-10 weeks, then supposedly things start getting better. I hope you feel better soon.

Normally I get up with DH in the morning and make him a snack to take to work. This morning I slept through him getting ready. He got DS3 up and cozy with toys in the pack n play and told the other kids to lie quietly in bed til I woke up. I got a little extra sleep. I'm sure the kids were all bored out of their minds but it was heaven for me <3 !

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#105 of 120 Old 10-15-2010, 07:17 PM

I only gagged once today! But...the nausea seems to have been replaced by super bloated gas. I was up almost all last night with it, and finally resorted to a glycerin suppository to try to move things along (it helped some, but still lots of gas in there). Trying peppermint tea, and I read online today about fresh squeezed lemon juice in hot water, going to force that down...any other remedies I should know about? I have NO idea where this came from, it kind of started building last weekend but I could get rid of it, but now it is just. staying. there. Ack!
#106 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 01:15 AM

I had a good night last night and worked hard on cleaning the house for like 2 hours straight and got dinner prepped and in the crock pot for today. I also had a good day. Baked a banana nut roll, put dinner on, then WHAM, migraine city. I was down for most of the rest of the day. I tried taking my seabands off, but got nauseated and I'm still fighting the feeling that I shouldn't stray far from the bathroom. Kids were a NIGHTMARE to get down tonight. DH is on the couch with DS and DD is in bed with me. They've been asleep a good 5 or 10 minutes (check time stamp). Yikes!!

Busy day tomorrow. Dropping the little demons... I mean angels LOL... at my mom's, then going over to a friend's house for games. Totally geeking it out!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#107 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 02:32 AM

Thanks so much MamaChef! Great information that I will put to use. I need to remember the not drinking and eating...I've always done this and it's a hard habit to break. I'm usually very thirsty when I'm eating.
Also if I'm taking a B complex supplement should I not take the B6 as well(I've been taking both). I'll have to pull out my nettle tea. My naturopath had me drinking it at the end of my last pregnancy to help strengthen my uterus.

Felt okay today...finally had a morning to do nothing with the kids...so we stayed home and laid around. Went to the store midday, then I cleaned out the fridge and folded laundry...plus the regular dishes and living room pickup...it's more than I usually do in a day. It's nice to be somewhat productive.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#108 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 02:31 PM

Bluepetals,
Do you feel like there is something holding things up? Flood yourself with water. If it's closer to the end, LOL, Colace. You can take up to 3 a day. I had a constipation issue around 8 weeks and it was miserable. I took 2 a day for a few days. Try coffee to get things moving. A cup wont hurt unless you have an aversion. You can also try Milk of Magnesia or Miralax. When it gets to that gassy state for me it usually means my digestion is so slow that the gas is trapped by the partially digested food. I need to move it all out of my body and reset with different food choices or smaller meals. If you do a fiber supplement make sure to get the insoluable kind that doesnt suck up all your water as the food travels so slowly through the gut. You just get more stopped up with soluable stuff.

If it is more in middle, just sitting there and not digesting really quick (you can check this by eating something and then listening for stomach sounds- it sounds pretty active in there - listen to your kiddos or husband to compare).. try Probiotics, smaller meals, digestive enzymes, 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water in the AMs. I've found this video to be helpful too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XGwvPoiItw

becca,
that sucks! It would be nice to be rewarded with ONE great night instead of a migraine. Hope you and DH enjoy getting your geek on.

L&K, NP.. No worries with taking extra B6, it's more a worry when that is all you are taking.

I did not get the cake pops decorated yesterday, so Im finishing today. I only had regular cakes in the freezer and I want to send these to friends and family that are gluten free. I baked the cake, but then realized everything I have to coat them with contains soy.. my nephew cant have soy.. so, I have to go and find something today and pick up some pumpkins for carving. Feeling really good today.. could I really be over the MS? God, I hope so.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
#109 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 02:40 PM

mamachef: i'll keep my fingers crossed you are over the MS!
#110 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM

Thanks, mamachef, I was thinking I should try probiotics, too...can't hurt! The lemon in hot water (followed by another big cup of plain hot water!) seemed to help cause when I woke up this morning, my belly was noticeably softer. I hadn't even realized how taut it felt until it seemed so super soft this morning

I'm definitely on the slow side but going #2 almost every day, the gas is almost all up in my upper belly. I can feel that my intestines are starting to get pushed up at this point, too, that can't be helping the already slow digestion. Blech. I had pears on Thurs and Fri and I am starting to suspect that they contributed, just sitting in there fermenting for hours on end and ouch!!
#111 of 120 Old 10-16-2010, 11:18 PM

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and got to see my baby on the ultrasound yesterday! I wasn't planning on it but my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler, so I went ahead and did an ultrasound later that day. I'm so glad I did it because my stomach was in knots for the 4 hours before the ultrasound. All I would do is worry had I not done it. Baby is so cute! And, I've been feeling very little to no nausea this week. I think it may be over! I'm so happy. I hope everyone else gets as lucky as I did this time and loses the nausea after the 1st trimester. I was sick until 20 weeks with DS, so only having 5 weeks of m/s was heaven! Oh, and I'm barely in this DDC. They put me at a day further along than I thought I was, which makes me due May 1st, so I'm going to be hanging out in here and April!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#112 of 120 Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 AM

I am sick of the ms but at least its not that awful nausea I had in wk 4-8.
11wks now!
#113 of 120 Old 10-17-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post
I will be 12 weeks tomorrow and got to see my baby on the ultrasound yesterday! I wasn't planning on it but my midwife couldn't find the heartbeat on the doppler, so I went ahead and did an ultrasound later that day. I'm so glad I did it because my stomach was in knots for the 4 hours before the ultrasound. All I would do is worry had I not done it. Baby is so cute! And, I've been feeling very little to no nausea this week. I think it may be over! I'm so happy. I hope everyone else gets as lucky as I did this time and loses the nausea after the 1st trimester. I was sick until 20 weeks with DS, so only having 5 weeks of m/s was heaven! Oh, and I'm barely in this DDC. They put me at a day further along than I thought I was, which makes me due May 1st, so I'm going to be hanging out in here and April!
I'm happy you were able to see your bean, Mrs. Bone. What a relief!

Afm: ten weeks today. I had a killer stomach virus Friday and Saturday that kept me in bed all weekend. I woke up hungry this morning, so I'm sure that's a good sign!

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#114 of 120 Old 10-17-2010, 01:33 PM

I just got back last night from a conference (Wed to Sat.) I'm glad to be back! My DH and kids all go with and one hotel room is getting to be too small of a place for us all to hang out! DH was great about finding fun, active things for the kids to do while I was at the seminar. We were in Atlanta. They went to the kids museum, botanical gardens, and Stone Mountain park.

We have a four night/five day trip planned for a double seminar in Las Vegas in November. I *think* we have two rooms booked for this trip which may help a little! I am such a light sleeper that every heavy breath keeps me up. It will be so much more comfortable sleeping in two rooms! I'll take the sound sleeping kid with me.

The good thing, that I'm almost afraid to mention for fear of it coming back, is that I think my morning sickness is a lot better. I still feel sick if I have an empty stomach but otherwise better! Yay!

Finally, I am optimistic about an OB consult I have on Tuesday. I'm looking for a hospital VBA3C which is about impossible in Illinois. I've heard this guy has supported VBA2C recently (practically unheard of around here.) Even if he doesn't support the VBA3C, hopefully he will be as willing as docs I've found an hour from me that would at least let me go into labor on my own before RCS. This guy is a lot closer. If I'm going to have a RCS anyhow, I would be a lot happier if it is at my closest hospital and not an hour away. Keeping my fingers crossed for the VBA3C though!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#115 of 120 Old 10-17-2010, 03:57 PM

I am starting to feel suspicious teeny and very brief squigglies! This is the same time (right around 12 weeks) I started getting suspicious about feeling babe with my last pregnancy, too...it's still not definitive, but it doesn't feel like gas, either. I have to be sitting very quietly and slump a little bit and concentrate (so, sitting at the computer or, when it happened today, sitting in the car while DH was pumping gas). It is sooooo fleeting, it's almost like it didn't happen at all. squeeeeeeee!!! A few more weeks till the bumps start for real
#116 of 120 Old 10-17-2010, 09:17 PM

We had fun yesterday. It was weird being the only "chick" there. We're playing board games while watching Conan The Barbarian and LOTR Two Towers lol.

Then we get a call at 9:45 that DS is screaming unconsolably, so we go pick him up. We're pretty sure he just missed us! Which, TOTALLY has me scared for May! Yes, he'll be older (2y 3m in May) but I'm still worried. We'll have to wait and see.

Another migraine this morning. But, I woke up to some good news! I got accepted at the (only) local birthing center for prenatal care and she may be available for monitrice services during birth. She suggested an ob for my VBA2C. At first we weren't sure about her because we wanted to have this baby at the same hospital we had DS at because they were so easy to deal with. From what I've heard so far though, the hospital this doc (who also sectioned my doula when her baby was sideways) delivers at doesn't even have a real "nursery", they're that good about rooming in. So, we've decided to tour the hospital and decide then. For now, I'm SUPER excited to get in with the birthing center!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#117 of 120 Old 10-18-2010, 02:26 AM

MrsBone, Glad you got to see the babe!

jrsmom,
Holy moley, that sounds busy. You made me tired just reading it.

I think that having someone that firmly believes in letting women go into labor on their own increases his likelyhood supporting you in VBACing. Maybe you will just go in pushing Crossing my fingers for your MS being gone. I think mine is mostly gone.. moments of queasiness now, but not the unrelenting nausea every.moment of every.day.

bluepetals,
The bumps are my favorite part of pregnancy. I cant wait for them to start in earnest.

becca,
Im so glad you connected with care providers you feel good about. It's so important to have a supportive team. Sucks your night got cut short, but Im sure things will be alot different at 2 yrs +.. my daughter was so much more independent at 2+ then at 16 months.

I finally finished the first round of cakepops to get in the mail tomorrow. I did fondant and regular candy coated pumpkins. My nephew is gf/df/sf and I have a friend whose family is gf. So, the candy coating has soy and dairy and the fondant doesnt. I also did a cooked icing with cornstarch for the "glue" that turned out great. All in all, Im happy with them. I just need to roll the balls better next time.

Here's pics cause Im bored and everyone went to sleep early
#118 of 120 Old 10-18-2010, 10:02 AM

ahhhh! a bakerella fan, i see?!

#119 of 120 Old 10-18-2010, 11:08 AM

Mmmmm, cake pops. I'm making some for a shower this week.

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#120 of 120 Old 10-18-2010, 12:52 PM

bakerella is awesome. If anyone hasnt seen the book or the blog, you should totally check her out. I made double Gluten free Goddess' chocolate cupcake recipe (sub water for coffee) and a icing recipe I had around that would stand up to shipping but not be full of shortening. They taste good but Im really looking forward to them with regular gluten containing cake.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page