weekly Chat Thread Oct 11-17 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Here's the new thread.

I have some great news- the midwife who attended D2's home birth is going to attend me again even though she is technically retired.

I am still looking for a OB here to do my prenatals/dual care since she lives so far away and I don't want to drive there every appointment. Plus I can do all the testing and have them bill my insurance instead of having to pay out of pocket to do it with her.

I am so happy!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#2 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 11:48 AM

Evergreen, that is great news!

I have good news today, too. I had my dating u/s this morning and got to see and hear the heartbeat! That was so exciting and a bit of a relief. The u/s put my due date a couple of days later than what I think it actually should be, but that's good, too, since I know that baby will be born early. The later date puts me at 37 weeks on May 1. And I know it seems silly, but I really want a May baby rather than another late April one. Obviously, I hope that I'll make it a little longer than 37 weeks this time, but I'm not counting on it.
#3 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 11:55 AM

Evergreen: That is awesome!

We made it through a whole weekend with my family and my girls kept our secret about the baby! So proud of them. Supposedly I'm 8 weeks today. I feel very, very naucious and can not focus on anything! Getting very behind at work this way
#4 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 12:16 PM

Evergreen - So happy for you. I know that has to be a huge relief!

Kelly - Congrats on hearing the hb!

We've had company a couple of times, and I kind of wondered if any of my little ones would spill the beans but they didn't. I'm hoping we can hold off till Thanksgiving and tell everyone then, but I may be showing too much before then.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#5 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
happy thanksgiving to all my fellow canadians!
i'm excited to eat thanksgiving dinner, it's the one thing i've been looking forward to for WEEKS. i can't wait for turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. mmmm. oh man i am stoked. considering i have been mostly excited for crackers and bananas, this is a big step!

i'm hoping my nana doesn't give it away that we are pregnant but i think she will. oh well :/

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#6 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 12:28 PM

threw up bile again today (so second time this pregnancy). I hate that! Its so much harder than throwing up food, it is just exhausting. The mr. was nice enough to let me sleep in a bit, since DS has been up nursing a bunch the last few days (poor babe, sprained his ankle on thursday) but that meant I got too hungry, I guess.

I also seem to have a slight head/chest cold, which is seeming to make the nausea worse - the slight taste of phlegm I guess in the back of the throat? ugh.

but I guess its good I threw up today - I'm 8 weeks, hoping it means babe is still doing well my first appt in a week, but guessing no u/s until 11/12 weeks, so a while before we tell anyone. Though I wanted to tell some of my frisbee team given how badly I'm playing lately (just so tired!) I keep doling out the 'I'm sick' excuse.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#7 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafox View Post
threw up bile again today (so second time this pregnancy). I hate that! Its so much harder than throwing up food, it is just exhausting.
Yeah. I haven't had a big throw up yet but I've had 4 of those where you just strain and hack and cry and a little bit comes out. That's the worst.

Of course the banks are closed today so I don't have any money to fill my zofran.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#8 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 01:52 PM

Evergreen,
Congrats! Im so happy for you!

Rylee, Ive already started looking forward to American Thanksgiving so Im jealous. I want pumpkin pie so badly..LOL. I found the ultimate recipe last year and the pie was the best Ive ever made, so Im really looking forward to it. We will be hosting about 15 people so I was thinking of making pumpkin cheesecake too.

Seafox, I was sick a couple weeks ago and the post nasal drip made the morning sickness almost unbearable. I threw up bile and phlegm a couple times and it was absolutely miserable. Throwing up when your nose is completely stuffed up SUCKS. I hope you feel better soon.

Im so sick of morning sickness. I hate being nauseous all the time. I feel like crying everytime I think of a couple more weeks of this. It's been 6 weeks at this point with a 1 week break and I just dont know how much more of this I can handle. Not that there is anything to do about it.. but mentally, it is really wearing on me. Im the worst.mom.ever to my 2.5 year old and I just want to feel better again. I have midwife appt tomorrow and we are going to try some B vitamins IV to see if they help. Because everything is just passing through me, who knows what Im absorbing from my b complex via my gut.

I cant wait for the second trimester and I just pray that Im not sick longer.
#9 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 PM

Congrats Evergreen and Kelly!

I still have not thrown up...I am 8 weeks today and by this time with my daughter I was in the hospital with hyperemisis. I had lost 7-8 lbs and was really doing badly. This time I am nauseated all day, and have food aversions, but keeping everything down. I don't feel like there is a problem, but maybe just different symptoms. I didn't have any breast tenderness with my DD and the fatigue was manageable.

I am so tired with this baby that I take two naps a day and the breast pain has gotten so bad every time I move in the night the pain wakes me up. So I am not symptom free, just symptom different...lol

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#10 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 02:39 PM

Evergreen - awesome news!

I think I'm on board with everybody else with m/s. I didn't have it with my daughter until I was in my 8th month, but the last couple of weeks have been rough and I spent the morning hugging the toilet. So hard with a toddler running around, needing comfort and attention. I wanted the comfort and attention, so I don't think I was the best at pacifying her this morning. I felt terrible, but I stuck her in front of the TV to watch Baby Signing Time. I don't like to babysit her with the TV, but I just needed the break.

So now, I practically just ate an entire container of Kozy Shack chocolate pudding (LOVE that stuff) and I'm going to try to take advantage of her napping so I can get one in myself!

Feel better, mommas!

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#11 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post
i can't wait for turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce. mmmm.
what time shoudl i be there for dinner?

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#12 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 03:14 PM

Been an okay weekend here. My DH has been amazing. He's naturally a messy guy, and normally we are struggling with seeing eye to eye on that kinda stuff since I'm sort of a neat freak. But lately, he's been really stepping up. Saturday night he put clean sheets and the comforter back on the bed, put away the food and cleaned up from dinner and got our son ready for bed and teeth brushed. That's a lot for him since he's normally not home very much. All that while I laid down drinking peppermint tea. So, needless to say, I welcome the weekends where I get help from my hubby. I'm trying to make myself get up and put on some real clothes and meet my friend at the pumpkin patch with our boys. If I could, I'd stay home all day and lay around, but it's really wearing on my 21 mo old active DS. I know he needs to get out and play and I need to just make myself do it! I'm 11 weeks today, and surprisingly am feeling slightly better. I used to have this trend where I'd wake up, eat something, feel okay until about lunch time, then have a hard time keeping down lunch and feel nauseous the rest of the day. Today has been different. I'm hoping this is permanent! I was able to eat and keep lunch down and I actually don't feel nauseous right now. Hoping I can eat dinner and feel better enough to have some alone time with hubby tonight. Poor guys is deprived!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#13 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalyn View Post
Evergreen - awesome news!

I think I'm on board with everybody else with m/s. I didn't have it with my daughter until I was in my 8th month, but the last couple of weeks have been rough and I spent the morning hugging the toilet. So hard with a toddler running around, needing comfort and attention. I wanted the comfort and attention, so I don't think I was the best at pacifying her this morning. I felt terrible, but I stuck her in front of the TV to watch Baby Signing Time. I don't like to babysit her with the TV, but I just needed the break.

So now, I practically just ate an entire container of Kozy Shack chocolate pudding (LOVE that stuff) and I'm going to try to take advantage of her napping so I can get one in myself!

Feel better, mommas!
My DS has had his fair share of yo gabba gabba these last few weeks. It's keeping me sane

#14 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post
My DS has had his fair share of yo gabba gabba these last few weeks. It's keeping me sane
Ahh yes I think we watched 3 episodes of Handy Manny this morning while I laid on the couch

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#15 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Quote:
If I could, I'd stay home all day and lay around, but it's really wearing on my 21 mo old active DS. I know he needs to get out and play and I need to just make myself do it!
One thing that has helped me keep up with my almost 21-month old is we have a scheduled activity out of the house that I've paid for (so I go, because we're too tight on money for me to pay for something and stay home!) so we're out by 8:45 or 9:45 every day depending on the day. And I have a rule that I don't leave the house without showering, getting ready and making the bed, so that helps. But, today I broke the showering rule and went to our Monday activity dirty... hopefully I didn't stink!

Really - that's the only way I've been able to do it... by having a schedule that starts early. They are social activities for her, so I don't feel too bad if I don't have the energy to walk to the park, etc... in the afternoon.

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#16 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 04:50 PM

glad to know my husband's mentality towards me being pregnant hasn't changed this time? he went to the grocery yesterday at 8am for more ginger ale and saltines without me even asking him to do so.

i wanted to get out of the house yesterday to have some family time, but i only made it to the couch. so, the 2 of us watched hideous scary movies from the '70's all day while the kids played outside with the neighbors.

the boys requested sloppy joes for dinner tonight. ugh. while i do have a craving for meat right now, i just know the smell is going send me running to the bathroom to vomit. i'm wondering how i can pull this off.

i went to mccallister's for lunch with my girlfriend today, and just to have some girl time was nice. we talked about our kids, my pregnancy, and split a sandwich and soup bowl. this is probably the first meal i've actually eaten in 4 or 5 days. pretty sad considering the business i work in!
#17 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:03 PM

You ladies are so much better at keeping things secret than I. I told pretty much everyone right away. I just can't keep my mouth shut.

Mama to two lovely boys and a new baby due mid-May 2011
#18 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:04 PM

Ooops, meant to sub, so subbing!

#19 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
Yeah. I haven't had a big throw up yet but I've had 4 of those where you just strain and hack and cry and a little bit comes out. That's the worst.

Of course the banks are closed today so I don't have any money to fill my zofran.
it just feels so pointless! I'd rather throw UP something, for pete's sake. I think it just makes it too clear how bizarre m/s is - you aren't actually throwing up for any good reason. (like food poisoning!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

Seafox, I was sick a couple weeks ago and the post nasal drip made the morning sickness almost unbearable. I threw up bile and phlegm a couple times and it was absolutely miserable. Throwing up when your nose is completely stuffed up SUCKS. I hope you feel better soon.

Im so sick of morning sickness. I hate being nauseous all the time. I feel like crying everytime I think of a couple more weeks of this. It's been 6 weeks at this point with a 1 week break and I just dont know how much more of this I can handle. Not that there is anything to do about it.. but mentally, it is really wearing on me. Im the worst.mom.ever to my 2.5 year old and I just want to feel better again. I have midwife appt tomorrow and we are going to try some B vitamins IV to see if they help. Because everything is just passing through me, who knows what Im absorbing from my b complex via my gut.

I cant wait for the second trimester and I just pray that Im not sick longer.
that's what its called, post-nasal drip. I totally forgot. it does make it much worse it seems! I am sucking on a lot of riccolas which is helping take the taste away a bit.

I hear you on the trying to be a mom while dealing with this though - the first time obviously I could wallow and have DH wait on me a bit and this time, we have a 15 month old to run around after! and I am very sadly remembering that my m/s lasted until about week 20 last time I remember thinking that it was going away at 12 weeks, but yeah, nope. I threw up after my 16wk appt (in the parking lot at my work, classy!) I hope I get just first trimester m/s this time but I'm not optimistic!

how did you get your 1 week break?! was it just random?

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#20 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:27 PM

Evergreen- So exciting!

My weekend was okay...felt gross Saturday...but not too bad Sunday. I've been taking naps daily...I'm SO tired even with getting 8-10 hours of sleep a night. It seems ridiculous. I'm also puking once or twice a day, usually morning and evening, and this is the first pregnancy I've puked so often. It sucks.
Mamachef- I'm with you on the wondering how I'm going to make it through m/s...I'm only 8 weeks and have only been sick for a bout 2 1/2 weeks but I'm SO done with it all ready. If I stop to think about having a month or more of it it makes me cry as well.

My poor children have been watching lots of TV as well...along with not getting outside because I'm a wuss and don't want to be out in the cold(it's all ready in the 30's (F) during the day now) plus we don't have a yard where I feel comfortable just sending them outside. We do at least have a few scheduled outings a week but other than that I'm hanging out at home.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#21 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter

I remember last time (at 20 weeks also) throwing up in the parking lot at school while staring at my huge belly and the SeaBands on my wrists which obviously were doing nothing for the nausea and just crying uncontrollably.

#22 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:31 PM

Excellent news about the MW, Evergreen!

Congrats on the heartbeat, kwilki8

I hate to admit it, nixnc, but sloppy joes sounds SO good right now...

On that note, morning sickness and tiredness seem to be a bit better as of this weekend. I'm 11 w 1 d and I started feeling better with my girls around this time, too. I'm so hoping this is the end of the uckies - my production at work has been abysmal and I also got promoted around week 5 - hoping my boss doesn't regret it

Had a fun anniversary weekend with my hubby - rented a hotel and went out to a fancy dinner. Trying to enjoy the luxury of shipping my girls off to grandmas while I still have the opportunity!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#23 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I remember last time (at 20 weeks also) throwing up in the parking lot at school while staring at my huge belly and the SeaBands on my wrists which obviously were doing nothing for the nausea and just crying uncontrollably.

yes, last time i was experiencing 24/7 sickness until 22 weeks! i am so hoping it doesn't go that long this time. i am 7 weeks, today (haven't had my appt yet, so i am going by LMP), so to think i have to last until 12 weeks, much less 22 weeks is disheartening! seabands didn't really work for me either, i'm not really too keen on purchasing them this time either. the adult size is too lose, and the kids size almost cuts my circulation off.
#24 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 07:06 PM

Less than 24 hours till my 8 week appointment and u/s. So excited and a little nervous. Just want to see that heartbeat!
#25 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 07:55 PM

I am joining in on the complaint about feeling really done with nausea. It's been with me about 6 weeks now and I want it gone. I am SO lucky that I don't actually vomit, but having this feeling in my tummy almost all the time is really doing me in. The weird thing is that it started getting a bit better last week (right around 10 weeks, which is usual for me), I was getting breaks during the day and feeling less worn out. I can handle SOME nausea, just not all day But this weekend it's back with a vengeance. Blech.

Evergreen, that is great news about your midwife! What a relief

I am still waiting to hear back from the midwives here in our community. 7 weeks today since I contacted them. Sigh. I fear something is up...there must be some reason they are so delayed in responding (I know I"m not the only one waiting, I have a friend due around the same time as me). I am getting ready to just make an appointment with my family doc and start the referral process (my doc doesn't do prenatal care, which is why I've been waiting on hearing back about midwifery care), just so I can get in to see someone in the next couple of weeks!!
#26 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 08:04 PM

Good luck Brie!!! Let us know how it goes!

Well I kinda feel left off of the ms train lol I haven't had anything but some random nausea and it's not all that bad. I do have a bladder infection though...even though I had no idea.

Got friends coming over for our Magical Monday get together...gonna be sad not having it here anymore after the little one comes.

Sara <3 Brad Mother to 2 boxers and 2 cats! #1 Due in May!!
#27 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 PM

M/S lasted until 20 weeks with DS too. UGH. I hope I get lucky this time and it goes away after the first trimester. If that's the case, I only have a few more weeks.

#28 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 PM

Evergreen - so happy to hear your mw will attend!

Kelly - that little hb is so sweet!!

Camprunner
- I know how you feel with getting behind on work

Seafox - hope you feel better soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies to the North!

MamaChef
- I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too! We are going south to be with family this year and I'm so happy. I haven't had a "family" Thanksgiving in years, but we always did when I was growing up so this is exciting for me. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids!

MrsBone - so glad to hear your man is being a sweetie! Mine has really been pampering me, too. I told him I need to get pregnant more often

Me
- feeling really, really tired and cooking smells are bothering me hugely. I'm trying to cut down to focusing mostly on family to keep the routine normal for the kiddos - and let work go somewhat. I can't wait for my energy levels to raise again, though.

DH finally told me we could let the kids know - and I am so happy They are thrilled that a new baby is coming and I love seeing their joy. I think they don't want to wait until "the spring" for a new baby though

DH is doing a step-parent adoption of my big kids and we got through the big hearings last week and paperwork this week, and now we have a tentative date for the adoption ceremony. I am so excited to finally have things moving after months and months of adoption proceedings. The past few weeks have really been a huge emotional thing for me with getting the BFP and all the stuff going on with the adoption hearings. I feel like I'm up and down and just trying to hold it together and remembering all the joy the next several months are bringing us!!!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#29 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM

Quote:
M/S lasted until 20 weeks with DS too. UGH. I hope I get lucky this time and it goes away after the first trimester. If that's the case, I only have a few more weeks.
I cannot imagine still having MS at 20 weeks! I'm so sorry mamas. That sounds miserable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Evergreen - so happy to hear your mw will attend!

Kelly - that little hb is so sweet!!

Camprunner
- I know how you feel with getting behind on work

Seafox - hope you feel better soon!

Happy Thanksgiving to all you ladies to the North!

MamaChef
- I am looking forward to Thanksgiving too! We are going south to be with family this year and I'm so happy. I haven't had a "family" Thanksgiving in years, but we always did when I was growing up so this is exciting for me. All my aunts, uncles, cousins, and their kids!

MrsBone - so glad to hear your man is being a sweetie! Mine has really been pampering me, too. I told him I need to get pregnant more often

Me
- feeling really, really tired and cooking smells are bothering me hugely. I'm trying to cut down to focusing mostly on family to keep the routine normal for the kiddos - and let work go somewhat. I can't wait for my energy levels to raise again, though.

DH finally told me we could let the kids know - and I am so happy They are thrilled that a new baby is coming and I love seeing their joy. I think they don't want to wait until "the spring" for a new baby though

DH is doing a step-parent adoption of my big kids and we got through the big hearings last week and paperwork this week, and now we have a tentative date for the adoption ceremony. I am so excited to finally have things moving after months and months of adoption proceedings. The past few weeks have really been a huge emotional thing for me with getting the BFP and all the stuff going on with the adoption hearings. I feel like I'm up and down and just trying to hold it together and remembering all the joy the next several months are bringing us!!!
That's awesome that your DH is adopting your children! That will make them feel really special. I was never adopted by my stepdad, and I just kinda always felt left out. I'm happy your kids won't have that experience.

#30 of 120 Old 10-11-2010, 11:58 PM

I feel so odd right now. I am about 7 weeks and my big drama last week was canceling the 6 week ultrasound that I didn't feel I needed. I felt so good doing that!. But now I have all these anxieties running around. I'm exhausted peeing constantly etc, but my M/S is much more like it was in my first pg (mild) than it was for the first few weeks of this pg. I am having the same bloating and sharp ligament pain as last time and I am getting bigger. But I have this persistent fear that the baby is gone and I don't know it. I am not sure what is going on with me. I have no MC symptoms. A week and a half ago my anxieties couldn't decide if the baby was gone or twins. But I have trouble envisioning a normal pg for some reason. Feeling really nutty. I'm seeing the MW in a month and hopefully we'll hear the heartbeat then and I will feel less nutty.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page