Weekly Chat Thread Oct 18-24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering if the nausea is better for anybody yet? I am counting down til those days.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#2 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:14 PM

Hey EG... I haven't had much m/s but feel like crap yesterday and today... think I'm getting some kind of hormone blast that has my head throbbing for like 24 hrs plus at this point!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#3 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

I went to a work conference at the end of last week and let's just say everyone I work with now knows including my boss. It was awful. I was throwing up the entire time.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#4 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:18 PM

8 weeks today! my first MW appt is next week!

i had a horrible migraine that landed me in bed saturday night around 10pm until this morning. i laid in bed all day yesterday getting up only to throw up (or dry heave) and to open the door for the pizza delivery guy around 9pm last night. this morning, my headache is gone YAY but i am still experiencing morning sickness.

nothing is appetizing. i feel like throwing up about an hour after i eat every time i eat. i constantly have a nasty taste in my mouth and am always brushing my teeth (which induces gagging).
#5 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM

Nausea seems to be less frequent for me, although I sill have my moments. I do think I'm getting a little more energy. Still tired but not dead tired. Upping my thyroid supplement (after a low blood test) may have helped with that too!

Today though, I came home from work. I think this may be the third time this pregnancy. (There's been other complicating issues too, but it's easier to blame the pregnancy.) Just for the record I'm not the type of person to miss work. Previously I missed one day in five years and that was because I was in the hospital with pneumonia. Today, I feel like I'm going to pass out--very dizzy and spacey. I've had de ja vu like crazy all day too. It started in the middle of the night last night. Weird. I called my DH to pick me up because I couldn't drive. Fortunately I'm my own boss, so I don't have to worry about my job, but I do worry about employee moral and setting a bad example. I really shouldn't be working today, but I have issues accepting that!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#6 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

That sucks, nixnc! I know how you feel though. My sister lives in Wilmington.

#7 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:37 PM

With fingers crossed I can say that I think I'm finally turning a bit of a corner with the constant nausea. Last week I stopped taking my ginger/B6 pills & yesterday I felt hungry before feeling nautious for the first time.
This morning I'm all stuffed up & achey though so out with the barfing & in with a cold. Good times.

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
#8 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 12:42 PM

The Nausea comes and goes in waves but hasn't been nearly as bad as my last pregnancies. I am still tired and can't really eat. I actually took at nap a 8:30 this morning! I finally went out and bought a few maternity shirts this weekend b/c I sold everything last pregnancy and I know I am going to need them in another 2 weeks probably.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#9 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 01:09 PM

I'm 11w1d, and my nausea is still hanging around, some days worse than others. I just have NO appetite though. Even when I'm feeling good not much sounds good to eat. I've also had a few headaches here and there, not severe but annoying.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#10 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 01:15 PM

I was so worried, because I'd been sick-sick-sick for WEEKS, with exhaustion to boot. I'd get home and pass out on the couch. My husband usually gets home about 20 minutes later than me, and 9 times out of 10 he'd find me asleep with a bag of tortilla chips next to me.

Anyhow, this past weekend was our 1 year anniversary, and we'd long been planning how to celebrate - we were going to play paintball. I got cleared to play by my midwife who thought it should be just fine as long as I listened to my body and drank plenty of water... but I still wasn't sure if I'd be able to play, given how I'd been feeling. I'd had to cancel plans with a friend who came in from out of town just the weekend before, I was feeling so poorly.

Then early last week, I woke up feeling... better. Not perfect, not by a long shot, but things felt manageable. By the end of the week, food wasn't quite the enemy it had been. I had more energy. And on Saturday I threw myself into the car with a small duffel bag full of snacks (who knows what will actually be appetizing later in the day) and proceeded to play paintball for about 6 hours. The best part? We stopped for dinner after and I managed to eat an entire bacon cheeseburger, fries, and some mozzerella sticks. Biggest meal I've had in over a month. Maybe not the healthiest, but at that point I didn't really care.

I have a few bruises, and my thighs are the single most sore thing on the entire planet (who knew crouching for 6 hours straight could be such a workout...) . I'm going to tell my midwife when I go in next week that apparently paintball is a great alternative to doing squats for childbirth prep.

I'm closing in on 12 weeks now, and I'm really hoping that this past week is a sign that I'm moving into clear ground on the morning sickness front.

****5****10****15****20****25****30*@**35 ****40
Due May 4th!
#11 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 01:33 PM

I don't have horrible morning sickness to begin with, but yesterday I felt awful. I normally take one 4-mg Zofran every couple days when I'm feeling really nauseous, but yesterday I took THREE in one day. I'm not sure if I had a touch of a stomach bug or what. On top of that (or maybe because of that) I was feeling homesick and missing my husband (he's deployed with the Navy right now)... which tends to make me feel queasy... which makes me feel more homesick and miss my husband more... so yes, a vicious cycle. I barely was able to make some mac'n'cheese for dinner for the kids, and then I got in bed a half hour before their normal bedtime. They're 7 and 4, so I told them they could read with the lights on in their rooms for a while but I really needed them to go to bed because I wasn't feeling well.

I seem to feel better today (although still have cried about 4 times... again, homesick and missing my husband... I normally cry VERY rarely)... but I'm taking it easy.. so far have just had applesauce and Jell-O water.

I'm 10 weeks today (yay!) and my first midwife appointment is Friday. I'm hoping for an ultrasound to see how the subchorionic hemorrhage is doing.

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#12 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 02:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
man! you guys are toooo fast! i cant keep up!

so sorry for all the m/s. only a few more weeks ladies!

and a special to HappyMamaBeth about DH. were here for you to vent anytime!! and i believe it is good for the kids to see you sad and missing their dad. it shows love, empathy and strong family ties. good for you for not trying to hide it, and for taking time for yourself while they get some extra reading/reflecting time in.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#13 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalynsky View Post
I'm going to tell my midwife when I go in next week that apparently paintball is a great alternative to doing squats for childbirth prep.

I'm closing in on 12 weeks now, and I'm really hoping that this past week is a sign that I'm moving into clear ground on the morning sickness front.
i may have to step in and do an experiment here

and glad it got better! sounds awfull!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#14 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 03:26 PM

The sickness is getting better.. Im 11w1day.. Still some out of the blue more serious nausea but not the all day sickness. Thank God. I hope it really stays away.

Im glad some of you are feeling better too.

kamalynsky, so glad you got to enjoy your paintball day. That dinner sounds good. Im back to craving protein again so a big juicy hamburger sounds good. That is the only red meat that I can deal with thinking about.

HappyMamaBeth, it must be so hard to have your hubby away right now. When does he get back from deployment? - Hope you feel better soon.

nixnc, YUCK! That sounds horrible. I didnt have a headache in my life until my first pregnancy. Ugh. They are so incapaciting. I cant even imagine a migraine. My hubby gets headaches and Im sure alot more sympathethic to him now. Ive had one this pregnancy and it really did not help the morning sickness. Glad you are feeling better.

I think Im coming down with a cold, or maybe it is just allergies. I dunno. All I know is that Im tired. Super tired, could sleep 18 hours tired. This weekend was busy. Hubby and I went to the city for date night and had a blast. Shopping and really great Indian food. The naan was so good. Then Saturday we had a babyshower.. then Sunday church and trying to finish 4 dozen cake pops to get out the door this morning. Remind me to make something easier in the future. Im definitely taking a nap later. On a totally unrealted note, why does potluck food have to be so full of fat and dairy? The babyshower was potluck and there was so much food, but hardly anything appetizing. Everything looked like it had gads of mayo and sourcream in it. Maybe they all made recipes out of our church cookbook that just came out. Holy moley, people eat interesting things. There were dozens of pages at a time where I couldnt find a recipe without a cream of something soup. I wont post some of the wtf recipes since they literally made me nauseous. I told my husband he is the luckiest man alive that I dont make him eat Dorito Casseroles.

Hoping for a low key week this week.
#15 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post
I told my husband he is the luckiest man alive that I dont make him eat Dorito Casseroles.

and i have totaly seen a 'WTF' style cookbook, including Ground Beef Jello and the like!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#16 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

My MIL gave me a church cookbook when we got married. It's almost hilarious but definitely not appetizing.

Dorito Casserole sounds like something out of the Duggars!

#17 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 04:36 PM

is the doritos casserole for real? if so what does it take to make that?

i am guilty of loving casseroles. they are quick and easy. not serious about making a dorito casserole--but it sounds interesting.
#18 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 04:58 PM

im guessing melt velveta, dump it over Doritos and add sour cream...

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#19 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM

that doesn't sound too terribly bad, except the sour cream
#20 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 05:05 PM

I can't eat Doritos, cause they have gluten but I found this cause the curiousity was killing me: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,...233207,00.html

I have however made frito pie which involves a layer of fritos, chili, cheese and sour cream. You heat the chili up first though, cause then the fritos don't get soggy.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#21 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post
I can't eat Doritos, cause they have gluten but I found this cause the curiousity was killing me: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,178,...233207,00.html

I have however made frito pie which involves a layer of fritos, chili, cheese and sour cream. You heat the chili up first though, cause then the fritos don't get soggy.
my husband does that...but inside the self serve fritos bag! *insert proud emoticon here*

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#22 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 05:14 PM

already have butterflies for my ultrasound in a hour..... think twins everyone!
(otherwise im probably in a different DDC. )

no wait... thats too many!!!

thats better.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#23 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
already have butterflies for my ultrasound in a hour..... think twins everyone!
(otherwise im probably in a different DDC. )

no wait... thats too many!!!

thats better.
Wow! How exciting! I'll be stalking you for the results! Good luck!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#24 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Yesterday was brutal. I didn't want to get out of bed and when I did I couldn't stop puking in the shower. I spent the entire day nauseous. Yuck.

And what is up with this exhaustion??? I could literally sleep the entire day. My house is a disaster and I have no energy to do the simplest tasks. I'm 8 weeks along and my previous pregnancies were no where near this bad. I'm hoping this passes soon... it's effecting the entire family and DH is acting super frustrated with me.
#25 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 06:46 PM

Vivica,
Im totally stalking you to see what ends up happening!

I understand and like Frito pie I also love casseroles.. but come on:

Doritos Casserole
1lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can evaporated milk
1 sm. can chili peppers
1 lg bag of Doritos
2 LBS of cheese

Brown ground beef, mix all cans of stuff in when done and heat .. Start with a layer of doritos then the meat/sauce mixture and repeat and put the cheese on top and in a 350 oven until cheese is melted.

I think the worst one was "Grape Jelly Meatballs" -
#26 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post
Vivica,
Im totally stalking you to see what ends up happening!

I understand and like Frito pie I also love casseroles.. but come on:

Doritos Casserole
1lb ground beef
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can enchilada sauce
1 can evaporated milk
1 sm. can chili peppers
1 lg bag of Doritos
2 LBS of cheese

Brown ground beef, mix all cans of stuff in when done and heat .. Start with a layer of doritos then the meat/sauce mixture and repeat and put the cheese on top and in a 350 oven until cheese is melted.

I think the worst one was "Grape Jelly Meatballs" -
i wonder what effect there would be if you left out the cream of nasty soups.
#27 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixnc View Post
i wonder what effect there would be if you left out the cream of nasty soups.
I think if you subbed some velveeta and sour cream instead of the 2 lbs of cheese and the cream of nasties it could be interesting. Maybe added some whole pinto beans.. Oh.. and no evaporated milk. Ugh. But as written it makes my stomach hurt. My stomach just doesnt tolerate lotsa processed stuff well.
#28 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 10:41 PM

I had my first appointment with my midwife today. I'm 9 weeks 2 days by LMP but I'm not real confident in those calculations. Anyway, they were not able to detect a heartbeat yet but did make an appointment for three weeks from now. I have a tilted uterus or so I was told at my last pap and that could possibly be why we aren't hearing it so early. The midwives didn't seem concerned so I'm going to try not to worry too....this is the longest twelve weeks I've ever had I think.

They did say they believe my stomach acid is actually low instead of high (body over compensating) and that I need to eat more fermented and pickled stuff so I'll try that. I did have some chili today with no ill effects.

I do feel better having the names picked out so early and frequently find myself referring to the baby by the girl name. Wonder if it's a sign or because we already have two girls? The girls want a boy but are also referring to the baby as a she.
#29 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 11:21 PM

That Dorito cassarole sounds DISGUSTING! Cream of chicken AND cream of mushroom. *insert dry heave here*

I guess I've been a bit better, too, but I attribute it to figuring out when to take my half doses of unisom everyday. Today I reorganized in my bedroom some and did some dusting *gasp!*. So that was nice. I also exercised for the first time the other night since getting m/s (and I almost got sick), and tonight I went for a walk/jog. Not as intense as what I'm used to, but my body handled it way better. Felt good.

I stepped on the scale, too, last night for the first time in weeks and I've gained 7 or 8 pounds! NOOOOO! I'm allowed 4 in the first trimester, thankyouverymuch. I feel so trapped b/c I know why I'm gaining weight - the constant eating. I don't burn that many calories a day, especially when I'm laying/sitting around all day. But The Tummy is not happy unless something is continually going down. Grrr. I'd better get better soon so I don't have to eat all.day.long!

I'm ready to feel better!!!!
#30 of 90 Old 10-18-2010, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camprunner View Post
I had my first appointment with my midwife today. I'm 9 weeks 2 days by LMP but I'm not real confident in those calculations. Anyway, they were not able to detect a heartbeat yet but did make an appointment for three weeks from now. I have a tilted uterus or so I was told at my last pap and that could possibly be why we aren't hearing it so early. The midwives didn't seem concerned so I'm going to try not to worry too....this is the longest twelve weeks I've ever had I think.

They did say they believe my stomach acid is actually low instead of high (body over compensating) and that I need to eat more fermented and pickled stuff so I'll try that. I did have some chili today with no ill effects.

Ive been eating alot of Bubbies Sauerkraut the last few days. I highly recommend trying it if you havent. It's naturally fermented, no preservatives. Hope the diet changes help and you feel better. If you get a chance at listening via doppler again, for about 10 minutes before, lay on your back with your butt up on a few pillows. It will bring your uterus forward and up and you might have better luck with the doppler.

sewingsparklz,

Im glad you are feeling better. I need to start walking again, but Ive just spent the last few days of feeling better trying to catch up on my housework and do some cooking. I have no energy for exercise. I gained 4 lbs super quick in the beginning when I was eating constantly to appease the nausea gods. I started weighing daily again at that point. I just dont want to gain alot in the first tri, Im technically overweight to begin with.

I made the BEST dinner tonite. It actually hit the spot. I hate it lately when I cook and am finally done and it just doesnt hit the spot at all. Im so happy. DD, who is a pain in the butt picky eater ate a whole bowl and my husband said it was the best thing he had eaten in a month. HAH. Our bar is really low right now. We have ate out ALOT recently. I really hate eating out because it's always crap food and they cook it so unhealthfully even when we try to get healthy options. I did a lowfat cheddar sauce, egg noodles, peas and chicken/quorn all mixed together, because a casserole was all I could think about after the dorito talk I even got to sneak some nutritional yeast in the cheddar sauce for extra vitamins and some pureed steamed squash. It came together quick and we have dinner for tomorrow too. Score. I feel like this whole morning sickness/ first trimester thing is really on the downswing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page