Chat Thread November - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 166 Old 11-07-2010, 11:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
@Camprunner - I am addicted to carbs when pregnant, so I probably can't help. Although, now that my morning sickness is waning, I am really into salads with protein on top. Nuts, meat, and beans.

I finally caved and wore maternity pants tonight. I am 12 weeks tomorrow, but had a previous baby, had a c-section, and am overweight, so I popped early too! I was so comfortable in them, but don't want to wear maternity shirts yet...when I tried some on they looked so cute, but I look 5 mos. pregnant and not 3 months! LOL

I have my second prenatal on Tuesday morning and we are going to hear the heartbeat for the first time. We saw it on our transvaginal U/S at 7 weeks, but we will finally get to hear it too!

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#62 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

I've popped too! I am preggy short and thin so once I start showing I really start showing! I don't know if you guys can see this because it's from my private facebook but it's the public link that they say you can send people who aren't on fb too and it will show them. Anyway, the last two pictures are from this weekend.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...5&l=ce137996e9

I am also feeling okay as of yesterday. I didn't throw up yesterday or today. And I can walk around and do stuff without feeling like I am seasick. It's great. It's also scary because I am still not well enough to deal with all the mess that has piled up over the last month. Plus DH went back to work today. Soooo, I think his layoff happened at a perfect time. I would have never been able to get the kids ready and out the door if he hadn't been around in the mornings to help.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#63 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 12:15 PM

We're starting a crazy week. I'm flying tomorrow with my 21-month-old daughter to visit my grandpa so I can give him a hug and say goodbye. It's going to be a hard, hard trip. I haven't flown alone with her since she was 14 months, so I'm a little nervous about flying alone with a toddler. She still nurses and it's just an hour flight, so I'm hopeful she'll nurse on take off and landing and just chill inbetween. She also just caught what I think may be her second or third-eer cold and she's pretty snotty, so I hope that doesn't interfere with flying. I considered for a second not going, but I talked with my family and I can't give up the chance to see my grandpa one last time. I'm missing him terribly right now and I need to give him a big hug and say goodbye. And... I hope I get to... I chatted with my dad last night and he's not sure he will hang on until Tuesday evening.

Prayers for strength needed :-)

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
#64 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Camprunner - I'm eating smoothies daily... homemade yogurt, whey powder, soy milk, flax seed, honey, banana, frozen berries and a handful of spinach or kale. Also - I'm just crazy about baked sweet potatoes topped with a small amount of butter, fresh rosemary and a heaping glob of homemade yogurt. Also - spinach sauteed with garlic and a scant dusting of nutmeg and salt and topped with homemade yogurt. Basically, I think I'm in love with plain homemade yogurt lately!

#65 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 PM

camprunner--i am in the same boat. i am starving but nothing is even remotely appetizing. i lost 2 pounds in a week and the nurse told me to try ensure. i had my first one last night and it wasn't too bad. like thick chocolate milk. it has 13 grams of protein in it. they are kind of expensive though--$10 for 6! but if it helps me have some nourishment, i'll do it.

my husband did take me out for a burger yesterday that was delicious, but i thought i was going to puke all over the restaurant looking at everyone's food. i even had to close the menu because the images of the food make me nauseous.
#66 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 02:05 PM

Hi ladies!!

Thanks for the Vit. D tips - I had mine tested this summer and it was normal. I have been taking 2000 a day, but haven't upped it while sick. Good tip.

HEARD THE HB TODAY AND HAVE THE SEX-DETERMINING SCAN BOOKED!!!
Woo hoo!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#67 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 03:57 PM

bluepetals, thanks So glad he will be home today. Im also so thankful this was the week he went because the MS is gone. Id be a wreck if it was a few weeks ago.

annaconda, wow! Congrats on hearing the hb.. Hope your work stuff has calmed down a bit and you are feeling better.

nixnc,
So sorry you are still so sick, Mama. Hope things improve more and more everyday.

Crystalyn.. Especially because she is congested the best tip I ever got about flying with a kiddo is nurse nurse nurse.. and start when the cabin is sealed. That is when they start pressurizing it. If you wait until take off there might already be quite a build up. Also, maybe pack some natural lollipops, or not so natural ones (hey, you do what you gotta do) to pull out if she is having a really hard time clearing the pressure. Sending you safe and easy travel vibes.

Evergreen,
You have popped! Look at that cutie patootie belly! Glad you are starting to feel better and just bite off a room a day or even a room a week and you will be caught up in no time!

Just a PSA for others - lots of care providers go by the old levels which are 30 and we know now that those levels still signify deficiency. 65-85 is what we should be shooting for. The Vitamin D council has alot of info on it. We should be really aware of this also in the post partum with breastfeeding because if your levels arent 65-85 your babe isnt getting any vit d from your breast milk and you should consider supplementing them. We are seeing cases of rickets for the first time in decades and are also linking muscular sclerosis to vit d deficiency. This is happening in areas where there is plenty of sun too because of the use of sunscreens.

We have a midwife appt tomorrow.. Im looking forward to getting to know her better. Im a slacker though and havent filled out any of my paperwork I was supposed to bring in, so I know what Ill be doing tonite. I've also been calling doulas to see if I had a connection with anyone, but just am not feeling it. I really would like someone, but I need to feel a true connection with them. Hopefully the perfect person will materialized. It's silly because I know as someone who was a doula for so long that it's great to have the support of one, yet internally Im kind of fighting it and feeling like I just want to do it all myself. Well if the last few years has taught me anything, it's that we all can use support and I cant do everything myself. The one person besides hubby Id love to have with me will have a 2 month old when this one comes so that isnt an option. I keep reminding myself I still have several more months to figure it out.

Patience
#68 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 04:29 PM

Just got a call - NT results are normal! still have more bloodwork to do, but so far so good.

Melissa Andrew dd1 dd2 dd3 and
#69 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 05:11 PM

MamaChef - THANK YOU for the advice! We're headed to Whole Foods in a bit, so I'll look for some suckers there!

#70 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Thanks for the food suggestions every one! Crystalyn the smoothies do sound good! I might have to make one of those! Dh is making me pizza for dinner tonight and I think that might stick a little longer too.

We had an apppointment today. It was a little scary at first so I made a separate post.
#71 of 166 Old 11-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post
I've popped too! I am preggy short and thin so once I start showing I really start showing! I don't know if you guys can see this because it's from my private facebook but it's the public link that they say you can send people who aren't on fb too and it will show them. Anyway, the last two pictures are from this weekend.

I am also feeling okay as of yesterday. I didn't throw up yesterday or today. And I can walk around and do stuff without feeling like I am seasick. It's great. It's also scary because I am still not well enough to deal with all the mess that has piled up over the last month. Plus DH went back to work today. Soooo, I think his layoff happened at a perfect time. I would have never been able to get the kids ready and out the door if he hadn't been around in the mornings to help.

WHOA did you ever pop!!!!

crystalyn ... sorry about your grandpa. i know you posted about him earlier. i really hope you get to see him. i'll be praying

does anyone else have stabby pain for 5-10 seconds really low? not necessarily cervix low but in your pelvic area low? i don't feel like this is braxton hicks. i feel like my child is stabbing her toes into my uterus. i know this is physically not possible to cause me such great pain. lol. what is it!?

mama to 8 year old haye  and 3 year old zao
#72 of 166 Old 11-09-2010, 10:37 AM

Doing okay here, 15 weeks and feeling better. Again, still random puking, but it's mostly if I've eaten too much or not quickly enough. No constant nausea. I can handle this! Honestly, I'm not even thinking too much about the pregnancy. All I can think about is how I'm going to handle two kids, getting sleep at night while dealing with a sleeping problem of my own. I guess DH is going to have no choice but to help out at night. Otherwise he's going to have a grumpy, sleep deprived, not wanting to DTD wife for a long time! Anyway. Yeah, that's my biggest concern right now. After DS was born, for the first 3 months, he was colicky and I was having sleep issues due to taking too much thyroid hormone. I was on 135 mg while pregnant and had to take it down to 60mg after DS was born. It was crazy. Anyway, for about 2 weeks straight I was living on 3 hours of sleep per night, not from DS waking, but from me waking. Now that we figured that out, I still have sleep issues, but I've managed to get back to sleep at night from taking a zyrtec daily. I hate that I'm still taking it, but it's the only way I'm able to sleep. MW assured me that it's safe. Category B I think. Anyway, I'm so nervous about dealing with my toddler and a newborn waking up often and being sleep deprived and keeping my cool all at the same time. How do you mamas find ways to chill out and just take each day as it comes? There's absolutely no sense in my worrying right now. For all I know, new baby could be sleeping through the night by 6 weeks! Anyway. Just had to get that out.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#73 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 05:41 AM

I have my scary first u/s today (12wks, 2 days) its scary since its how I found out about a m/c - first pregnancy. Nothing like seeing an empty uterus on the screen, w/ no warning (no spotting, etc) I really don't know how I feel about this one. I've at least been tired and nauseous, so I am hopeful, but still pessimistic. I also wish I could just be told quickly rather than having to go through the tech not saying anything, etc. I might avert my eyes until the mr. tells me its okay to look (or not)

I am so small still, that its worrying me. With a second pregnancy, I figured I'd pop some, or even a bit, and I look really no different. Pants all still fit fine. No belly at all. A woman at work last week even asked me if I had *lost* weight. (and its not like I've been throwing up a lot or anything!) so that's making me worry that I have another m/c on my hands.

I guess Ill find out soon. ugh.

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#74 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

WHOA did you ever pop!!!!

crystalyn ... sorry about your grandpa. i know you posted about him earlier. i really hope you get to see him. i'll be praying

does anyone else have stabby pain for 5-10 seconds really low? not necessarily cervix low but in your pelvic area low? i don't feel like this is braxton hicks. i feel like my child is stabbing her toes into my uterus. i know this is physically not possible to cause me such great pain. lol. what is it!?

I get that when I've been sitting for a while, I think its round ligament pain? Its usually on the sides of my groin/pelvis.

#75 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 06:12 AM

good luck, seafox...  i know how terrifying an US can be after you've had a bad one.  i'll be thinking of you today.

ryleee.... i agree it sounds like round ligament pain.  it happens to me when i stand up too fast.

i've popped but i'm carrying high so all my clothes fit no problem.  maybe i'm having another girl?   the 24/7 nausea is long gone but occasional nausea still happens pretty frequently.  and now the pregnancy induced insomnia is kicking in.  i remember that being my worst problem when i was pregnant with dd and it's worse this time because of her!  i've been up at 4 the last two mornings and she rarely sleeps for very long after i get up so she's been up since 5am... that makes for looooong days especially since she rarely naps anymore.  

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#76 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 06:25 AM

I missed you guys when the site was down yesterday smile.gif

I also feel the round ligament pain sometimes when I've been sitting for a while and suddenly get up.  STTTRRRREEEECH!

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#77 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 07:09 AM

Hi there! I missed you all too! 

I had my 12 week appointment yesterday morning. We did hear the heartbeat, 20 minutes or so. The baby was hiding in a little corner and at first all we heard were kicks, then the MW gave my belly her mommy face! Then he/she turned enough that we could hear the HB, but only for a few seconds at a time. I am very reassured that all is okay! But looks like I have a little feisty one in there! LOL

I have only gained 1 pound since last month, and I am feeling a bit better also, so all is well. 

@Crystalyn - I am keeping you in my thoughts, hope you get to see your grandfather. I know how that feels, though I didn't have the opportunity to go and say goodbye. 

@MrsBone - Funny, I have to take Zyrtec for my allergies and I complain that it makes me so tired I can't get up in the morning. I can understand that they would give it to you to help you sleep, it really works for that!

@Seafox - I hope all went well, please let us know when you can! 

Well, I am glad the site is back up, now to go figure out how it all works! 

Thanks for listening, 

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#78 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 10:00 AM

hmmm. this new MDC is going to take a long time to get used to!

hope you are all doing well. i got an MDC pregnancy newsletter to my email and it was congratulating me on my 13th week of pregnancy. wtf! lol

i think i'm 11.5-12 weeks. feeling a bit better. 

#79 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 10:59 AM

Do The threads that were stickied need to be re-stickied? They are not at the top anymore. I am adjusting ok because I am on another forum that uses this format but it is a little jarring. I was jonesing for the forums yesterday! One week until my birthday and our next MW appt. I can't wait to feel the heartbeat. Other than feeling "thick" I don't really feel very pregnant right now. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#80 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 11:03 AM

We're still working out kinks. We'll be using a sticky note instead of stuck threads, that will consist of the forum guidelines and the moderator contact info for your DDC. It will also link to your stickies but instead of being threads they will become Wiki's smile.gif 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

Do The threads that were stickied need to be re-stickied? They are not at the top anymore. I am adjusting ok because I am on another forum that uses this format but it is a little jarring. I was jonesing for the forums yesterday! One week until my birthday and our next MW appt. I can't wait to feel the heartbeat. Other than feeling "thick" I don't really feel very pregnant right now. 

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#81 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 01:15 PM

so yay, a babe in there ! I was so surprised, actually. I guess I was fully expecting the worst.

the NT scan seemed okay too, she was hesitant to tell me much which I think I mistakenly read as bad news, but I think she just didn't want to say anything w/out the full results (blood work)

babe is measuring a bit ahead (I am 12wks2d and it was 12wks5d) but she said that's normal. I was glad since I admit I wasn't *super* positive on my dates, my periods were all out of whack from nursing and I only went by the times DH and I had some fun in the sack that month, luckily they were clustered together on a weekend away smile.gif so it looks like I was right that I ovulated around then rather than many days later and he has extra long-lived sperm (a possibility, I guess!) but either way I think I would have been only at max 5 days off.

so now I am trying to adjust to the fact we might really have a #2. We've been holding off on planning/thinking about it until now, its a bit overwhelming!

#82 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 01:41 PM

guess who got in with the midwives!!!!
joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

#83 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Seafox: I'm so glad your ultrasound turned out well.  I was relieved to see mine the other day as well.

Ryleee: Congrats! I can't imagine having to wait to find out. Most of the ones around here are first come, first serve and for now...they try to make sure everyone has access but then there isn't that much interest yet.

#84 of 166 Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Crystalyn:  I'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixing View Post
my husband was hungover yesterday and threw up so quietly. i sound like some kind of demon is being exercised out of the depths of my soul when i get sick.

I can totally relate!  Yuck.  I've been having some good days and bad days, which hopefully means that this morning sickness crap is soon to be over.  I'm so ready to move on.

I had my first official appointment with my midwife tonight.  We tried to listen for a heartbeat, but it was too early still.  I'm really looking forward to hearing it at the next appointment.  I want to have DH come with me so that he can hear it, too.  Oh...  and I've gained seven pounds in ONE week.  I know I've been eating more since I've been feeling better, but SEVEN pounds?!!  Yikes.

DH took me shopping last night and I got some nice comfy clothes.  I'm still not ready for maternity clothes, but needed something to wear for the time being.  We ended up going to Gap Body and I got a few pairs of yoga style pants and some comfy shirts.  Now at least I can look semi-cute while lounging around the house and running errands with the kids.

#85 of 166 Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Yay, rylee!  Im so glad you got in with the midwives.  You have so much patience.  I woulda been crazy by now.  I called my midwife at 10 dpo when I got the positive!  smile.gif

seafox,  Im glad you got to see the babe and everything looked good.  It's so nebulous before you feel the baby.  Even now when I do feel baby pretty regularly it's still a bit hard to connect.  It's weird to me how different this pregnancy is then my first.

Had another midwife appt yesterday.  It was the first official appt with my new midwife where we did the intake and physical.  Im so glad I can start going to one care provider once a month now.  Ive done 3 physicals since 6 weeks and Im tired of the intake.

She moved my due date to account for my long cycles - so Im now 5/14.  I appreciate her accounting for my long cycles and giving me some padding since I went 42w3d last time and the pressure during those last weeks sucked.  However, I better not go that long! 

All in all it was a good visit.

Hubby is back, but we have friends coming today for 5 days..  Ill be glad when my nice quiet normal life is back.  Thankful to have our friends come up.. just not as much energy to entertain and hubby brought back a cold.  Luckily I havent caught it yet, but DD has.

Sigh..  off to tumbling class.  Hope everyone is having a great week!

#86 of 166 Old 11-11-2010, 10:02 AM

well i was TRYING to be patient! haha. i contacted the midwives a few days after getting a + and they never got back to me. turns out they never got my registration...so anyways a week later i went in to talk to them and they were full. i seriously almost cried...i think i did cry in the car. i got a good recommendation for my doctor though and she is just awesome so i am a bit sad because i really liked her, but then i remember that i don't have to birth in the hospital (god forbid) and that i can be alone with a couple people i trust and know and can have a water birth or a home birth etc etc and i feel much better about it all! i had discussed the possibility with my dr. that i might switch care providers and she was totally gung-ho about it. also, her office is about 45 minutes away and the midwives are about 7. ^_^

#87 of 166 Old 11-12-2010, 05:05 AM

I had a great day yesterday!  I didn't feel sick and I actually had energy!  It was an 11 hour work day immediately followed by "hockey" and going out to dinner.  (The boys are really just working on skating skills at this point.)  I made it through feeling human and still had energy to play and read with my kids when we got home at 8pm.  I felt like a good mom yesterday!  Yay!  Let's hope this continues! 

Side note...I do have terrible episodes of heartburn now.  Trying to just get by with papaya enzymes and occasionally antacid.  Much of the time I just suffer through the pain. greensad.gif  And I'm just not a fan of this new Mothering look.  Hopefully it just takes getting used to.  I find I don't reply to as many posts now and where are the stickies?

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#88 of 166 Old 11-12-2010, 06:53 AM

Yeah, I'm not diggin' the new look, either. And what is a wiki?  The worst is that most of the smileys are gone. I just went to look, and there isn't even a good frowny face! Does anyone know if they will come back, too? I think this font isn't as friendly. That's why we may not feel like replying as much. It's more like a newspaper or something.

I guess I don't have anything else to report, just checking in. We're up for a cold weekend - I hope everyone has a nice one, though. Anyone have any snow yet? I heard there was some in Idaho...

#89 of 166 Old 11-12-2010, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

I think we're supposed to have a weekend in the mid 60s.  I hope so. I am not ready for cold weather. Then I'll get really lazy!

I have my 12 week appointment on Monday the 15th. That is kind of exciting.

I don't like the new format either. But I've been here 8 years and have never liked a format when it's changed only to get used to it eventually.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#90 of 166 Old 11-12-2010, 07:18 AM

Hey everyone! Questions or suggestions can be posted here in regards to the new platform. The transition is still ongoing and we have a few hiccups to work through but we hope to have it all resolved shortly, in the mean-time I do hope everyone gets a chance to explore and try things out. We do hope to have the smilies up shortly.

A Wiki is a list/how-to/informative article that members can collaborate on (think wikipedia). So for example, you can do a how-to on how to perform a back-carry with a mei tai or how to do a certain fold on a baby with a prefold, basically questions that come up a lot that members can collaborate with each other on. It's basically a method of sharing information between members that is relevant to our community. I hope that helps smile.gif

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page