Chat Thread November - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 166 Old 11-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

I've been getting the round ligament pain for at least a month now and I'm only 14 weeks. But I have PCOS and IC, so maybe I'm just more prone to pains from the growth in the bits. My husband asked me yesterday, are you getting bigger? To which I replied, yes, daily. Still not feeling any movement to my knowledge, but this is my first so I'm not too sure what I'm looking to feel. :)

Sorry for being nosy, but I have PCOS as well and was wondering what you mean by having IC.. the only thing I could think of would be 'Incompetent Cervix' .. and since this is your first.. that seems unlikely as most people don't know they have IC until they've either almost lost or have lost a baby??

Rae 27 DH Phillip 32 married 11-22-03
DS1 Nathaniel b. 11-21-04, DS2 Ian b. 9-8-06, DS3 Samuel b. 10-1-08, DS4 Peter b. 5-24-11

#122 of 166 Old 11-16-2010, 02:22 PM

Oh, I hate round ligament pain. Usually happens to me if I roll over or stand up too quickly.

MamaChef - Good job on the exercising! I always looked at preparing for my first VBAC as training for a marathon too. Now when I exercise I think of how it's going to help me endure labor easier and hopefully not gain too much weight/make pp weight easier to shed. We should start an exercising accountability thread, especially with the colder months coming on I know it's going to be harder to want to stick with it regularly.

I got my anatomy/gender U/S scheduled for 2 1/2wks from now. I'm so excited to see what we're having, but I'm nervous to see if everything is good and healthy with the baby. I've felt really good for several days in a row now and am hopeful that the nausea and fatigue are gone for good!

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#123 of 166 Old 11-16-2010, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post

Quote:

I've been getting the round ligament pain for at least a month now and I'm only 14 weeks. But I have PCOS and IC, so maybe I'm just more prone to pains from the growth in the bits. My husband asked me yesterday, are you getting bigger? To which I replied, yes, daily. Still not feeling any movement to my knowledge, but this is my first so I'm not too sure what I'm looking to feel. :)

Sorry for being nosy, but I have PCOS as well and was wondering what you mean by having IC.. the only thing I could think of would be 'Incompetent Cervix' .. and since this is your first.. that seems unlikely as most people don't know they have IC until they've either almost lost or have lost a baby??

I am not the poster, but I think I might know what she means by IC. Interstitial Cystitis. Which can be a pretty darn painful lifetime condition. My best friend suffers from IC and she said the *only* time in recent memory that she has been pain free is when she had an epidural for her labor. She cried she was so happy and relieved from pain that had been plaguing her for many years prior.

Here is the wiki link to IC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_cystitis

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#124 of 166 Old 11-16-2010, 07:42 PM

I am 12 weeks 4 days according to the last ultrasounds and where I figured I was.  I'm slowly digging my way out of the big pile of work that built up before me during this trimester. Dh is being so sweet and digging us out of the housework pile which is a huge relief.  There has been no time for exercise nor energy. I'm hoping to get back in our swimmng routine by next week.

#125 of 166 Old 11-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

So far I am only getting round ligament pain when I stand up too fast fingersx.gif It is however sharp enough that I generally make a noise and have to stand there for a minute or two breathing it out. 

I always got those real bad in my pregnancies - so sorry! It hurts! 

#126 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 05:53 AM

I saw my OB yesterday at 16 weeks on the dot.  All he does is check my BP and the baby's heart rate.  It was 160.  I think all my babes were right around 160 so , no guesses on gender here.  He doesn't have any idea about why my forearm is swelling ridiculously (for 6+weeks) and why I had hives for 2 weeks.  He said maybe contact dermatitis, but I don't think so.  I brought up the hypothyroid being under treated thing and he said he could test my levels.  I declined because the last blood test was over $900 out of pocket and I haven't paid that yet.  I'll just wait and see what happens and maybe do another thyroid test in January after my insurance kicks in. 

The nurse offered me a free ultrasound at a place that just trained new personnel how to do them.  They're trying to get a lot of practice this week, so I scheduled one tomorrow.  I planned to do the one the doctor requested in January (when that insurance kicks in) but I couldn't resist the chance to find out the gender sooner.  *Fingers crossed* 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#127 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

So far I am only getting round ligament pain when I stand up too fast fingersx.gif It is however sharp enough that I generally make a noise and have to stand there for a minute or two breathing it out. 

um DITTO!!!  I'm usually two steps across the room.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#128 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

The nurse offered me a free ultrasound at a place that just trained new personnel how to do them.  They're trying to get a lot of practice this week, so I scheduled one tomorrow.  I planned to do the one the doctor requested in January (when that insurance kicks in) but I couldn't resist the chance to find out the gender sooner.  *Fingers crossed* 

Oh, how neat! Let us know!

#129 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgolightly View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonshine_rae View Post

Quote:

I am not the poster, but I think I might know what she means by IC. Interstitial Cystitis. Which can be a pretty darn painful lifetime condition. My best friend suffers from IC and she said the *only* time in recent memory that she has been pain free is when she had an epidural for her labor. She cried she was so happy and relieved from pain that had been plaguing her for many years prior.

Here is the wiki link to IC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstitial_cystitis

Yep, I have Interstitial Cystitis, which is a bladder disease. There have been two things that I did to become pain free though, which you should pass onto your friend. By making a food diary and doing an elimination diet vs times that I had pain, I found out that a lot of my issues were linked to eating foods that had citric acid, other acids, high tannins & oxalic acid (http://oxalicacidinfo.com/). My bladder nerve endings were just going nuts with those. I then compiled a list of foods that I could eat without having pain. I had to give up being a vegetarian because a lot of the proteins that I used to be able to eat were on the 'no' list, which sucked. I can send you the PDF I made of allowable foods that worked for me. Just msg me your contact info. It's a small, depressing list of foods, but it's better than being in constant pain.

The other thing that helped was a surgery that my doctor (Vancouver, Canada) pioneered that is called bladder distention. They basically put you under, and stretch your bladder to a couple of times its normal size with saline solution and break the nerve endings so that they don't feel pain anymore. So far, I've been in remission for 3 years, which is amazing. She should talk to a urologist about where she can go to get that done.

#130 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 AM

my first midwife appointment is today! i'm very excited about it :D

technically this is my second appointment but the first was with my doctor. i am about 13 weeks and the nausea is MUCH BETTER! gone i think! *knocks on wood* 

well...i don't really know because i refuse to take off my anti-nausea bands... lol.gif

they work SO WELL. i wish i would have had them with haye.

i have zero motivation to clean my house though. blargh.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#131 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 11:02 AM

I was supposed to have my second midwife appointment today at 2:30pm, but the office just called to bump me till Monday.  Boo!  I got bumped because another client is having a cesarean today and the timing of her surgery got moved up, so I do understand (actually, it happens to be one of my postpartum doula clients so I knew she was having a cesarean today and that my appointment getting moved was a strong possibility), but still.... I was really excited to go in today.  Oh well.  Monday it is. I guess that gives me an unexpected afternoon at home.  I should be doing dishes or laundry or something.... double boo!

#132 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

I got bumped until Friday from Monday.  I am getting excited about the next appointment.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#133 of 166 Old 11-17-2010, 03:43 PM

i LOVE having a midwife. seriously. best experience ever. i am SO HAPPY!!!!!

i can't believe we just hung out and talked for like an HOUR! it was wonderful! 

seriously...so great. i loved it. 

and she offered to check for the heartbeat (i was kind of surprised, i thought it happened later?) and she found it IMMEDIATELY...like put the doppler down and said "wow, that was fast!" ...heartrate was 160 bpm approximately and VERY strong she said for a 13 weeker. :D :D :D i am super, super happy today.

MamaChef likes this.

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#134 of 166 Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

My stomach hurts.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#135 of 166 Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 AM

Mamachef, I meal-planned for the first time this week in about 10 weeks! We seriously save money and I'm able to get more healthy foods when I meal- plan. Luckily my mom, sister and I started a food co-op, so that means less trips to the grocery store with a toddler for me! yay! I'm so excited about food again, and I'm getting really creative in the kitchen since I still can't handle grains whatsoever, too many tomatoes(anything tomato based is out) and my son can't handle dairy or gluten. So yeah, been getting creative with dinners :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChef View Post

Welcome AuroraPolaris!  Boy, pnuemonia and 3 kids with a hubby away for a few weeks does not sound fun at all!  I hope you have  a support system that can help you if you need it!

annaconda,  Glad you are feeling better!  I am also dreading newborn sleep deprivation.  I am not a pleasant person when I dont get sleep.  With your first though, you can nap with the baby.  DO IT!  Screw the cleaning.. just take a nap, or a shower.  :)  Or feed yourself.  I really wish I would have laid down more in those early weeks because I hit 4 months like a brick wall and it will show you just how much of a superwoman you are not. 

Evergreen,  So sorry you are getting such bad support!  Birth happens best where the Mom feels most comfortable.  I hope all your armchair quarterbacks can learn to contain themselves and be the support you need.

Things have been busy here.  Hubby was away for a booze cruise from LA to Mexico in honor of one of his oldest friend's 30th bday.  The boat that left a day after theirs was stranded for a few days.  Im soooo thankful he wasnt on that one!  4 days was enough to be away.  Im so glad to have him back.  But then another friend since Elementary came to visit us 2 days after he got back and stayed for 5.. so Im tired and just glad to have my family and my house back.  I cant wait for our datenight this week!  Ive put the kibbosh on anyone else coming to visit until a month after the baby comes.  Keeping up with the holiday season is enough for awhile, and then in Jan we leave for a couple weeks in Hawaii for a babymoon and DDs birthday celebration.  I cant wait for that trip!  Ill get to rock my cute sized baby bump and beach myself in the warm water :)  Ive also been craving a Puka dog.

15 weeks this week if you go by my non-adjusted due date and this pregnancy is finally starting to feel "real".  I have been really tired lately but am so thankful the nausea is gone.  Ive been able to do 1.5 miles at 3mph with a 10% incline on the treadmill every day for the last 5, so that is awesome.  I really want to keep this up 6 days a week until the end.  I did my weight training two of the days and think Ill shoot for 3 days a week weights.  Im also going to add a really helpful yoga dvd for hips and lower back in 2 days a week.  It feels good to use my body again instead of trying to distance myself from the nausea.  I view my VBAC as preparing for a marathon so I was getting a bit discouraged when I couldnt excercise for so long without throwing up or wanting to throw up!

Dh felt the baby move for the first time this last weekend.. that's always exciting for me, when he gets to be part of the mystery.

Now that the nausea isnt an issue, I need to get back into my meal planning.  Our fridge went out a couple weeks ago and the last couple trips to the store Ive gotten home and realized that we didnt have something I needed for a meal.  Ill be glad when everything is restocked.

So yay!  For life getting back to some semblance of normal!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#136 of 166 Old 11-18-2010, 07:41 AM

We made the big announcement last night.  My facebook status reads: "3 months done. 6 months to go.  New arrival expected May 2011.  Yup. You read that right. :)"  

I was going to wait until after my midwives appointment (supposed to be 17th; got bumped to 22nd) when she could at least tell me my uterus felt like it was growing on-track.  I know I'll be seeing a lot of friends that I only see once or twice a year on Saturday, and wanted them to know before I saw them irl.  BUT, since the appointment got moved, and I can clearly feel my uterus in roughly the place it's supposed to be (almost halfway to be belly button), and when I am still with my hand on my lower belly I can feel nudges, I decided that was good enough. So now everybody knows!  Or at least they will soon as the gossip grapevine takes effect. I'm feeling good about people knowing, and really encouraged by the comments from some of my friends.

#137 of 166 Old 11-18-2010, 07:44 AM

Doing well here. DS just started getting a molar in though, and while he's perfectly fine and happy during the day, nighttime is horrible! He wont go to sleep and when he does he wakes screaming. Last night at around 3:30am I put on the tv, gave him a drink and a banana(all his request) and nothing seemed to quell his tears. So, after an hour, I gave him some advil. I hate giving him advil on a regular basis, but teething tablets aren't doing squat. Any other suggestions, mamas? He won't go back to sleep until I've given him advil. I'm just glad I finally know what's causing his night-waking for the past 3 nights. Also not looking forward to newborn sleep deprivation. It's way easier with one since you can sleep when they sleep! Feeling a ton better, except I have this weird ringing in my ear that's been there since Sunday night. Dr. said it's my sinuses, but I've been doing everything possible, and it's still there, better but there. How annoying! Been getting really creative with food though since my diet is so limited right now and I'm married to a diabetic carb-freak picky eater, which makes things more complicated. I have been using spaghetti squash and peeled zucchini in place of noodles, almond flour for baked goods, all of which have been well received by hubby and toddler. So yay! I think I'm going to make a grain free pumpkin pie and biscuits to bring for thanksgiving dinner. I'm working tomorrow and Saturday which I'm not looking forward too but I'm going to make close to $200 in two days, so that makes it easier to bear! Plus it will help pay for Christmas presents! I also need to get Christmas cards printed and sent out and plan my son's 2nd birthday. I have no idea what to do and when to do it since his bday is the day after Christmas.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#138 of 166 Old 11-18-2010, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

Doing well here. DS just started getting a molar in though, and while he's perfectly fine and happy during the day, nighttime is horrible! He wont go to sleep and when he does he wakes screaming. Last night at around 3:30am I put on the tv, gave him a drink and a banana(all his request) and nothing seemed to quell his tears. So, after an hour, I gave him some advil. I hate giving him advil on a regular basis, but teething tablets aren't doing squat. Any other suggestions, mamas? He won't go back to sleep until I've given him advil. I'm just glad I finally know what's causing his night-waking for the past 3 nights. Also not looking forward to newborn sleep deprivation. It's way easier with one since you can sleep when they sleep! Feeling a ton better, except I have this weird ringing in my ear that's been there since Sunday night. Dr. said it's my sinuses, but I've been doing everything possible, and it's still there, better but there. How annoying! Been getting really creative with food though since my diet is so limited right now and I'm married to a diabetic carb-freak picky eater, which makes things more complicated. I have been using spaghetti squash and peeled zucchini in place of noodles, almond flour for baked goods, all of which have been well received by hubby and toddler. So yay! I think I'm going to make a grain free pumpkin pie and biscuits to bring for thanksgiving dinner. I'm working tomorrow and Saturday which I'm not looking forward too but I'm going to make close to $200 in two days, so that makes it easier to bear! Plus it will help pay for Christmas presents! I also need to get Christmas cards printed and sent out and plan my son's 2nd birthday. I have no idea what to do and when to do it since his bday is the day after Christmas.

For the carb picky eater (I have to do a low GI index diet - so I'm really up on all that) I have some suggestions. The spaghetti squash is great, I use it all the time to make pasta carbonara in the place of actual pasta. Sourdough bread is actually within my allowable levels too, so you can sub it out for other breads in bread pudding, using pure maple syrup as the sweetener. I often switch out sugar with non-sweetened apple sauce in recipes and use the gluten free flour when cooking stuff for friends with gluten sensitivities so that might work for your son. Another good carb substitute is mashed parsnips instead of mashed potatoes. While the GI index is actually high, they don't have enough sugar to cause spikes so I sub that out when making sheppard's pie and whatnot. Also, adding meat proteins to the carbs actually lowers the rate at which it metabolizes so you can get away with eating things like thin crust pizza if you have meat and cheese toppings. I've been hacking my foods for quite a few years now, if you ever want to talk recipe specifics, let me know. :)

#139 of 166 Old 11-19-2010, 10:43 AM

I am having a GREAT DAY!!

After being sick for a week and having a very heavy work load this week, it's SO awesome that it's Friday.

I'm a health insurance broker, and I administer wellness programs for our clients (and teach yoga on the side.)

Today I ran my first health/dental renewal meeting on my own with my client.  This is a big accomplishment for me.

I love the wellness work, the brokerage stuff is just... work, but I like to be able to do it and do it well.  The clients were happy.  Big milestone.

And I picked up my turkey to take home for the holidays - we're leaving tomorrow.

I'm feeling so second trimester-y and normal and full of energy (though I need 10pm-6am of sleep every night to fuel that energy.)

Anyway... awesome.

Stay cool mamas :)

MamaChef likes this.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#140 of 166 Old 11-19-2010, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

I had my 12 week appointment today!

I heard the little heartbeat with the doppler. It fluctuated in the 150s. The baby didn't like the doppler and kept trying to get away from it, though. So, if I am feeling movement by my 16 week appt. I am not going to use it.

Other than that it was pretty uneventful. I like my NP that I see and wish she could do births.

#141 of 166 Old 11-19-2010, 04:31 PM

Couldn't I just run to KFC and grab 3 or 4 original recipe drumsticks,snarff em down on the way back home and make the kids a regular dinner?I just don't have the energy to cook right now,it's another growth spurt day when no matter what I should just sit and ingest proteins.Like that could happen...I almost passed out in the shower from too much exhertion washing my hair!I just need an IV of boiled eggs on days like today.:)

I caved.We all went and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Is anything better than fulfilling a craving in a timely manner?

:::
#142 of 166 Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 AM

I just figured out that my daughters's birthday is very likely going to be close enough to Mother's day that that's when we'll celebrate it every year.  She's due May 3rd and I've never gone into labor before my EDD.   Funny thing is I have a son who's birthday is always celebrated on Father's day weekend.  I hope our family doesn't get sick of this. 

#143 of 166 Old 11-20-2010, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindRedSpirit View Post

Couldn't I just run to KFC and grab 3 or 4 original recipe drumsticks,snarff em down on the way back home and make the kids a regular dinner?I just don't have the energy to cook right now,it's another growth spurt day when no matter what I should just sit and ingest proteins.Like that could happen...I almost passed out in the shower from too much exhertion washing my hair!I just need an IV of boiled eggs on days like today.:)

I caved.We all went and it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Is anything better than fulfilling a craving in a timely manner?

Yeah, we were planning to meet my best friend at Red Robin tonight anyway. I ate a salad and then downed 3 baskets of fries.  I've never even ask for a refill on my fries before redface.gif  At least I'm not hungry for a change.

#144 of 166 Old 11-21-2010, 01:33 PM

I think the August DDC will be up soon. I've been lurking on the TTC forum and see some mamas who are due beginning of August.  I don't know why I like seeing those positive tests so much?!  Probably means this won't be our last child.  It makes me excited to see our DDC move up!  This pregnancy isn't going by fast enough for me.  Although I have no complaints right now--I feel pretty good!  How is everyone else doing?

#145 of 166 Old 11-21-2010, 09:56 PM

quick question.  just wondering if the chat thread will be a monthly one again in december.  i just never got a chance to join in this month and i'm way too intimidated to read eight pages worth (also not really comfortable chatting about what's happening with me when i'm not current on what's happening with everyone else).

anyone else prefer the weekly threads?  if we will be sticking with the monthly, that's fine.  i'll just be sure to get in on it early next month.

also, forgive me if this has already been addressed.  like i said, just can't read through 144 posts right now. hide.gif

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#146 of 166 Old 11-21-2010, 10:21 PM

I like the weekly threads.  Ive only had moments to pop on here lately and I dont always have time to go back and figure out where I last read and catch up so I havent been posting as much in this thread.

#147 of 166 Old 11-21-2010, 10:40 PM

yeah i definitely prefer the weekly chats...it makes it feel like it's going faster for some reason!

#148 of 166 Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter

weekly is good. I just can't commit to starting one every week, but if we get to Monday and you notice there isn't one up yet feel free to start one.

#149 of 166 Old 11-22-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

weekly is good. I just can't commit to starting one every week, but if we get to Monday and you notice there isn't one up yet feel free to start one.

that sounds fair.  great!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#150 of 166 Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM

Stressing out.Spent my morning trying to figure out if I can get an ultrasound fully covered by insurance because I cannot shake this twins thing.(still working that one out)Then spent forver looking at birth control and other no more baby from two very fertile people options.UG Brought on by a well intentioned but poorly timed call from a friend about herself and another friend apparently planning on covering the cost of MY birth control?even going as far as asking if I plan to wait 24 hours post-partum or not....?KINDA FUNKY!!!!!Too many uncomfortable and disturbing thoughts for one day,with nobody to vent them to!AH! I kindly told my friend (in a state of shock)that I would be waiting AT LEAST 3 months as I have always had lactational amenoreah for over a year,and that I have issues with putting my body in the hands of anyone, trained or not....thus the homebirth with a midwife over on the sofa looking on.She didn't ASK if I would prefer the help,or needed it, or what my plan was.She just said "It will be taken care of." SCARY,FRANKLY!!!!!!!!!!!  AND she assumed I wanted a certain form of B.C.,Like she had it all planned out! I'm going to have to talk to her about this bothering me on multiple levels and talk her down from wherever she is.:(One more stress very badly timed.UG!

:::

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page