Chat Thread November - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 166 Old 11-22-2010, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Could you ask your midwife how to code it so insurance is sure to cover it?

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#152 of 166 Old 11-22-2010, 06:04 PM

Maybe.That's what I'll be working on tomorrow.

:::
#153 of 166 Old 11-23-2010, 06:07 AM

Man on man... what I day I had!  Morning was lovely - stayed in my pj's until 11:45am, just puttering around home.  I had an appointment with my midwife at 1:30 so got organized for that & was out the door at 12:45 (30 min drive to the appointment) so I'd have lots of time to spare.  The highway was under construction though so 15 minutes evaporated and just as I was realizing I was going to be late for my appointment, my muffler got VERY loud.  I was feeling a bit scattered when I arrived at my appointment, but there were no other appointments that afternoon so it was okay that I was late.  And DH is a mechanic, and has been working on repairs to a replacement car for me, so I knew it wasn't the end of the world. My appointment was great.  Had a lot of fun with my midwife.  I'm 15 weeks, and my uterus is already up at my belly button.  However, I am 5'3" and have a short torso (low rise pants that are supposed to sit 1-2" below the belly button, land right on my belly button), so it makes sense that my uterus is 'high'. 

DH works in the same town as my midwife so I drove to his shop for him to check the car out - he said that while it was very loud, the muffler would not fall off in the next 24 hours... so I continued my errands.  5:10pm, I'm in the parking lot at the grocery store of my town. Car is parked, engine is off, keys are in my purse, as I review my grocery list before going in.  Next thing I know, the 1/2 ton truck in the space next to me is crunching the front corner of my car & pulling the bumper off.  jaw.gif Seriously?!  Are you Kidding me?  The woman driving gets out of her truck and comes over to me (I'm still sitting stunned in my car at this point, but got out when I saw her coming) all hopmad.gifand "Did you just drive into my truck?!"  I look at her incredulously and say "Um... I'm parked.  My engine isn't running.  My keys aren't even in the ignition.  You hit me." (I was parked evenly within the lines even!) More hopmad.gif followed by her saying "So, do we just exchange phone numbers and go home now?"   "Um.... No.  We exchange phone numbers yes, but I'm pretty sure there is more than $500 worth of damage here so we need to get a police report written up".  "censored.gif But it's just a bumper." she says  "It can't cost that much.  Do we really need the police?"  I said "My husband is a mechanic.  I will call him at work and if he says its $500 or more in damage then I'll call the police for them to do a report."  DH couldn't BELIEVEjaw2.gif what I was telling him (this is the 3rd time I've been hit in this car, all while parked/in parking lots & all 100% NOT my fault) and said I definitely needed a police report.  Which I knew, but I needed to call him anyway and it let me settle for a moment in my car, and let her try to calm down too.  She wanted to move her truck, but I told her it needed to stay where it was until the police arrived to document things.  We both took pics on our phones and exhanged info while waiting for the police to arrive.  I made friendly small-talk while we waited.  Because although I was seriously aggravated, I also realize that sometimes "mec happens" and being cranky wasn't going to help anything.  I mentioned in my small talk that at least I had a replacement car ready to go as we were about to take this one off the road.  At which point she volunteered to give us cash for the repair rather than run it through insurance.  Which is fine by me, and DH had suggested that as well. I told her we still needed the police report, and that I would discuss it with DH and we'd let her know.   On the exciting side, she was the first random stranger to ask how far along I am!  So apparently I don't just look like I ate too many dougnuts anymore! belly.gif Police arrived and did a report.  She drove home.  I bought my groceries and waited for DH to arrive and see if the car was drivable, or if we needed to have it towed (I have CAA so towing is free).  He pulled the bumper off, put it in my car, and had me drive close behind him home since I didn't have signals anymore. 

All of that would have enough of a pain as is, but to add to it, I'm a birth doula, and was going 'on-call' for a client at midnight for a client who is birthing the next town over - 30 minutes away.  And now I had no way to get to her!!  idea.gif Working for a church has it's perks though.... DH called the pastor/my boss to tell him I wouldn't be able to come to work this morning as I had no wheels, and to ask if the pastor could drive me to DH's work & the ministry of transportation so I can get the 'new' car on the road this morning. Which he said was no problem at all.  

And that.... is my story.... !  I go to get my replacement car in an hour.

#154 of 166 Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

That sounds like quite a day, Nutter.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#155 of 166 Old 11-23-2010, 11:43 AM

WOW!!!! Nutter, that is a FULL crazy day!!!!! I'm SO glad you weren't injured in the fender bender!Phew!

I have an ultrasound sheduled FINALLY for Monday to see just exactly how many babies are in there!We have a huge storm here today, and the movements have been crazy.Normally, this far along, I might feel a flutter.These are full on kicks and squirms and there's someone in my abdomen-normal, and someone in my ribs-ALREADY!!!!!!There is no way a baby at this gestation could reach both of those places at the same time.I also think the placenta(s) are on my right side, it's pretty calm over there.IF this really is one baby, I will be truly astonished.I've had to stretch to take deep breaths,it's like each week is a month of normal pregnancy.I seriously started wondering if there is only TWO! At least I know when I can find out for sure.:) What a crazy experience!

:::
#156 of 166 Old 11-24-2010, 04:21 PM

Well I've been feeling a lot better, so declared that we would clean the house today, so I can cook in a clean house for Thanksgiving and not be embarrassed to have people over. Turns out that the pregnant woman should not, in fact, deal with the cleaning out the scary things in the fridge. puke.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#157 of 166 Old 11-25-2010, 03:43 PM

WooHoo!  I just scored 17 (2nd hand) organic cotton fitted diapers with snaps, for only $20!!! 

#158 of 166 Old 11-25-2010, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

what!!!!!!!! such an amazing deal!!!!!!!!!

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#159 of 166 Old 11-25-2010, 05:43 PM

HEARTBEAT!  At 17 weeks 2 days, it's about bloody time! LOL!  Ironically, baby was the most active it has ever been this afternoon a few hours before the appointment, so I wasn't exactly worried going in there :P  Still, it's such a relief. :)

#160 of 166 Old 11-26-2010, 12:09 PM

How was everyone's Thanksgiving?  Ours was nice, but man, was I exhausted!  My sisetr did half the wok cooking at my house which I was grateful for!  DH cleaned up most of the mess last night, but I want my house spotless again to decorate for Christmas today. DH is completely nuts and went shopping at Toys R Us last night.  He left at 9pm and returned about midnight.  He did get lots of stuff and had fun!  He took a quick nap and went shopping at Kohls, Target, Walmart, etc for some other black friday deals.  I don't know what time he left but I know the first store opened at 3am and he was back home when I got up at 7am.  The kids didn't sleep well, so I was up ALOT last night.  I've had a sore throat and fever for 4 days now and it's not getting ay better since I haven't rested. I woke up with no energy today.  DH brought me a peppermint mocha from Starbucks and actually got it caffeinated without telling me. (I always get decaf!)  Wow!  Now I have energy and I just cleaned the house--only vacuuming left.  Maybe we actually will get this place decorated by tomorrow! My DS6's birthday party is here tomorrow so we're having 20 people over then too! 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#161 of 166 Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 PM

We just did a quiet Thanksgiving at home this year.  Since I was having panic attacks just in the last couple of weeks, I didn't want to wake up at someone's house screaming in the middle of the night. Not to mention the inlaws are stressful enough and not something I needed to deal with right now (not that they mean to be).  DH was so sweet. He usually cooks the turkey but we did chicken this year seeing as how he's raised so many.  So he cooked the chicken and most of the side dishes. All I had to do was a waldorf salad and we had a great meal and have enjoyed lots of leftovers. He cooks most of our meals anyway but that he took on such an important meal pretty much by himself was really great.

I've had two nights of sleeping straight through the night. Yay!  I'm feeling relaxed and actually started picking up the house a bit today.  During most of the first trimester (13 weeks 5 days) I've not done anything more than survive.  This time I started with our bedroom because it always gets neglected since it's easier to lock guests out of and everything gets thrown in it. It will be our birthing suite so I'm determined it's going to take a higher priority.  I'm going to continue to organize it for the next few days and then move onto the kids room and the playroom. Maybe wishful thinking but we'll see.

#162 of 166 Old 11-26-2010, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

haye had a fever last night...i checked on him, got in bed to watch the royal tenenbaums, fell asleep and woke up to him screaming and crying (so weird...he usually comes to our bed to sleep with us). he said he missed me and must have had a bad dream so i slept up in his bunk with him. i noticed he was super hot and stripped him down (he usually wears his long johns to bed)...finally at 6am after zero sleep between him complaining and being itchy and me being just generally uncomfortable from getting his knees in the back all night long i went to bed. we got up around 8 and i knew he was sick instantly...cancelled our playdate and pulled him out of school. he didn't eat anything past 3pm (neither did i, we're both just feeling crappy) and i monitored his fever all day. it got up to 100.8 at one point (i think it was a bit higher in the night) and at 7:30 pm it was still 100.5. an hour later and it was back to normal! hoorah! i didn't want to treat it until it hit 102 because i want his body to fight the infection but it was a long day. i hope he sleeps well tonight!

anyone else have a super active baby during certain hours of the day? mine is very active between 8 and 11 pm. there have been a couple times where i have been busy during those times and subsequently didn't feel any movement. generally though i am laying on my side watching a movie during that time so that must be why i'm feeling it so much. pretty sure i'm going to have a night lover on my hands! i wonder if those of you who aren't yet feeling your baby is because they are really active during a time that you are most active? interesting thought...

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#163 of 166 Old 11-27-2010, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

I still can't feel my baby.

I wonder if it's the retroverted uterus or an anterior placenta or soemthing. I know it's moving in there because it kept moving away from the doppler last appointment.

#164 of 166 Old 11-27-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I wonder if it's the retroverted uterus or an anterior placenta or soemthing. I know it's moving in there because it kept moving away from the doppler last appointment.

I know it's frustrating.  I think I am about where you are.  My uterus just recently popped forward from retroverted, and I MAY have felt some flutters but I don't know.  I'm not really expecting it as I didn't feel DD until 18 weeks and I am almost 14 weeks now.  I know mine is moving too, but...  Hang in there you are not alone.  

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

#165 of 166 Old 11-27-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

i'm not feeling much either.  occasionally i think i feel something but it's nothing i can definitely say is the baby.  however, i'm only 14 weeks and i didn't feel dd until 19 weeks and the twins until 18 or 19 weeks!  so i'm trying to stay calm but it's going to be a long week until my next appointment unless i feel something soon.  

it does help to know i'm not the only one not feeling anything!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#166 of 166 Old 11-27-2010, 02:12 PM

Eventful week.  We lost power due to a windstorm, preceded by a snow storm on Monday afternoon didnt get it back till wed late afternoon.  We actually had to stay in a hotel tues night because the temp was in the teens and our generator and space heaters just couldnt keep us at a temp I felt okay having the toddler in.  It actually took time and a warm bath to get our body temps back up to 98.+ even after we got to the hotel.  It was a whirlwind to get everything ready for Thanksgiving dinner or Thursday afternoon, but I ditched making rolls from scratch and used store bought crusts, so that helped.  Everything came together though, and it was a great day.  Then we had a friend spend the last couple nights.  She is a buddhist nun and we havent seen her since she was ordained so we had a lot of catching up to do.  It was so sweet to see how DD took to her considering the shy phase she is currently in.  It usually takes her a couple days to even warm up to her grandma who comes every 4-6 weeks.  She actually fell asleep in her arms.  It was like she had some type of  special buddhist touch ;) 

Havent felt baby as much the last few days so I pulled the doppler out.  I know it's just because Ive been so busy, but since babe was so active prior it was really freaking me out.  Im hoping that now that everyone is gone and things are settling back to normal Ill get to enjoy more of the movements.  rylee, this babe is also really active at bedtime, between 9-11.  And then Ill get a little spurt around 3pm - very similar to DD.

I did some black friday shopping on Thursday night.  Pumpkin patch is one of my favorite kids clothes places but its too expensive for me to buy at regular price, everything was 40% off and alot of things were marked down significantly beyond that.  I was able to get 16 pieces of clothing and 9 pairs of socks and some headbands for 100 bucks with taxes, so that made me happy.  I also got hubby some stuff from the gap's sale.. so Im getting closer and closer to finishing everything.  Im completely finished with DD.  I might make her night clothes, but Im not sure yet.  Ive been so tired lately, I just dont want to overcommit.  I usually send out 7-10 packages of cookies and homeade goodies to friends every year and that is kind of a marathon so Im trying not to exhaust or stress myself.

What are you guys getting your men?  My hubby is so hard to shop for, he never wants anything.  He made a list but my mom bought most of the stuff on it already.. Im buying him his own down comforter because dd always steals most of ours.. and Im making him some flannel sleep pants lined with bamboo velour.. but Im drawing a total blank on anything else besides the stuff I bought already, a merino wool sweater and some layering shirts from the gap.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page