Trouble eating - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-02-2010, 01:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So i have this dilemma: Do i listen to my taste-buds or my brain. I have been feeling better lately, the nausea has mostly passed. But last night the cucumbers in my salad tasted bitter so i covered them in ranch and ate them anyway. This morning i was eating toast with cream cheese, but it tasted funky so i covered it in jam and ate it. Veggies don't make me gag anymore but they still don't seem like a great idea. I am a vegetarian so this distresses me. I just don't know why this baby only wants cereal and milk and potatoes with lots of butter. doesn't it want vitamins?

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 03:05 PM

well the baby is still getting vitmins from u, later on during pregnancy u wil be bale to enjoy all the lost loves from the 1st tri.

Amanda mom to Mahmoud 7-20-06, Kareem 8-23-08, and Baby #3 due May 19th 2011
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 PM

jldumm - I'm vegetarian also and only craving starches. And... cold stuff, so to counter my macaroni and cheese, I've been making yummy, tasty smoothies.

Yesterday's was delish...

plain fat-free Greek yogurt
1 banana
frozen blackberries
fresh spinach
soy milk
whey powder
honey
flax seed

Maybe smoothies would help you feel better, too?

I'm also enjoying lots of veggie muffins. Today I'm making some with sweet potato, spinach, raisins and molasses. YUM!

And - to make my Mac N Cheese healthy, I sometimes throw in some sauteed spinach OR pureed steemed cauliflower and garbanzos

Robin's wife, Harper's mommy, lifestyle and birth photographer, aspiring doula 
***4***8***12***16***20***belly.gif***28***32***36***40
Old 11-02-2010, 03:43 PM

yes. Eat what you can stomach. It will be the best thing for both of you.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 11-02-2010, 04:02 PM

Yeah, I'm currently listening to my taste buds cuz I just can't stomach veggies right now even though I normally like them.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 11-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DDC crashing here,

At almost 15 weeks, I still have no desire to eat any vegetables and those are usually the bulk of my diet! Some foods taste strange to me too. I think that as long as we take our vitamins and eat as best as we can manage, everything will be okay.

Mama to 5 busy bees (12, 9, 7, 3, 2) and expecting #6 June/2014

Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 PM

I'm with you ladies.....my taste buds are going crazy right now!!

I will be 14 weeks on Thursday...and finally have been able to eat fairly normally the past week and a half or so.

ALL I want to eat are carbs...mac and cheese (the organic kind at least!), mashed potatoes with loads of butter, baked potatoes, bagels, cereal, grapes, some yogurt (but it tastes too sweet)...and many foods are tasting way too salty to me!!

I definitely say eat what you can. I haven't eaten as many vegetables as I would LIKE to eat....because my body just hasn't been into that right now. As the weeks progress and I feel better and better I'll eat more.

I've been drinking raw milk like crazy lately, lots of cream cheese and bagels, etc. I think it's totally okay!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 AM

I hear ya momma. I am ALL over the starches too & can't even fathom raw veg or a salad right now. I am slowly re-introducing some cooked veg again after the first 3 mos but even then it's selectively.
I've been trying to work them grated into soups, chili & last night it was organic mac & cheese with peas & black beans. Not ideal but at least it had some greenery & protein in it.

I'll 2nd the idea of smoothies too. It's a great way to hide a good handful of spinach or kale (I swear, you can't taste it!). Especially if you mix in some frozen blueberries to cover the colour. Unfortunately I was drinking smoothies daily at the point when my morning sickness kicked in so I still have a bit of an aversion to them.

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
Old 11-03-2010, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Ladies.
I feel like it would make more sense to me if i knew why my body doesn't want these yummy vegetables.
AND am i doing harm if i try to cover them up and sneak them in, by not listening to my body.

In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07)notes.gif, and (ds 3/27/09)moon.gif ,and (dd 5/9/11) love.gif, and (ds 5/14/13) nak.gif

Old 11-04-2010, 03:09 AM

Me too!

Bagels and cream cheese, mac and cheese, etc. have been my friends. Spinach, broccoli, kale and other veggies taste awful to me right now.

I like the idea of sneaking them into smoothies! Thanks!
Old 11-04-2010, 12:33 PM

You can sneak them into smoothies *and* muffins. I just made muffins with sweet potatoes, spinach, molasses and raisins and they were so yummy!

Old 11-04-2010, 12:34 PM

Also - baked kale chips are so tasty and easy to make. Another good way to get a green in (though it looses some of its nutrition in the baking process.... it's still beneficial, though)

User Tag List