Hello Moms! Can I join in? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are expecting another little bundle early May!
We have 3 boys - a 6 year old and 3 year old twins. I joined way back when I was preggo with my oldest and was extremely active on here. That slowly faded after the twins were born...hmmm...wonder why?

I may not be super active, as we are a busy household. But wanted to join in. I was very involved with my oldest's sons DDC and we carried on threads for several years - made some great online friends.

I had all my boys naturally (and nursed them all too) - my oldest was a hospital, midwife waterbirth. My twins was a hospital midwife birth - they wouldn't allow me in the tub due to 'high risk'. HA! After 48 hrs of labor - I showed them what a woman can do. My birth story is on here somewhere if you'd like me to link to it. So I am looking forward to another natural birth with this one. We had a quick early ultrasound to rule out twins again, as my twins were completely natural and a total surprise as I didn't find out until almost 20 weeks pregnant. So this time, I wanted to know. Just one little precious peanut!

Hope to get to 'know' you all soon. I guess I am one of the veteran moms, so I'd love to offer support or advice to any first timers. I know how anxious it can be.

Thanks!

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 06:50 PM

of course you can.

and congrats!

if you get a chance, come introduce yourself on our may 2011 roster and sign up for the spotlight thread if you'd like to participate.

-sam

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#3 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 07:03 PM

Welcome! I'd love to read your birth story.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#4 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 08:31 PM

Welcome to the DDC - your stories sound very inspiring. Birth story junkie here who'd love to read

Have a wonderful pregnancy and look forward to sharing with you and all the wonderful ladies here!

Kristen, Loving my family heartbeat.gif Sweet DH, C 11, A 9, B 7, G 4, H 1, C newbie!
2ndtri.gif Free Healthy Pregnancy & Natural Birth Series, click here!

#5 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 PM

Hello, Mama Bear! How long have you known you were pregnant this time?
#6 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 11:33 PM

Hi Mama Bear! and congrats!!

I'm not very active around here either - though I'm hoping it's just temporary - the nausea has me feeling a bit like a zombie right now and I don't always have the desire to do much more than drool into my pillow, much less stare at this bright screen!

Dani - madly in love with Neil. Lost our little twins brokenheart.gif brokenheart.gif (6/10). So excited to meet our baby girl Ember rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gif in May!

#7 of 10 Old 11-02-2010, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Found the birth story:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...902&highlight=

I knew pretty early on this time that I was pregnant. We've been charting/NFP for over a year. My luteal phase is always 13 days long, so when I was on day 14, 15, 16 and no temp drop - I knew. Hubby was out of town - I took a test I had left from the twins. Positive right away. I waited to tell him until he got home 2 days later. He freaked out and was a zombie that whole weekend. He's warming up slowly, hoping and praying its a girl. Though the nausea has been rough on him, I crash at night and he has to take over with the 3 boys. And now right as I am feeling more normal, we all get sick. I have a horrible cough/congestion that just won't go away. It sucks. No family here and hubby is out of patience. Fun times...didn't mean to turn this into a vent. Its been a challenge as this was a completely unexpected pregnancy.
I have a sitter coming over tomorrow so I can rest a little, which I should be doing now.

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#8 of 10 Old 11-03-2010, 10:52 AM

hello and welcome to the club

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#9 of 10 Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Welcome! Cool birth story! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#10 of 10 Old 11-03-2010, 03:29 PM

Welcome! I am a twin mom too. Mine are 2 and I have a 4 year old so I have no idea what you are talking about when you say 'busy'. Mine were all nursed and natural births too!

Mom to 4 beautiful girls, expecting a blessing in November. Come check out my etsy shop www.bowsweetbow.etsy.com

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page