Prayers/Positive thoughts/ knowledge..please - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-25-2010, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am on Levoxyl 50mcg and I am 18 weeks today, got tested a week or two ago and my level was perfect right a 1.04 TSH.

I was on the same dose before pregnancy. I am also monitored through out pregnancy.

If you have Hyperthyroid, why would she put you on Synthroid out of curiousity? Synthroid is for Hypo-thyroid aka slow thyroid isn't it?

~Kristy~ *Madeline Age 6 *Baby#2 May28th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2010, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

I am definately HYPOthryoid.  My T4's are not significantly high enough for it to have ever been mentioned to me after  I got the actual numbers. Hoping that mine go down quick :)

Old 01-07-2011, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

So this week, I had an appointment with the Perinatologist, the Endocrinologist, and the midwife.  Peri said everything looked great and told me I didn't need to come back (yay!). He said he even coded things to make it a little cheaper (and by the price I paid, I'm pretty sure he did).  Endo said my labs weren't that bad and the labwork came back in my opinion great, however, he's still raising the dose :( Oh well. It wasn't perfect and I think he's shooting for perfect.  My midwife admitted that she pretty much made a big deal out of it so that I would take it seriously irked.gif . THe first tests she said "Your labs came back border line, you can decide between meds or no meds" I chose no meds. Had she said "I think you should take meds" I would have taken them.  Now, because I spilled suger at +1 one time, she's saying I need to be on a diet for gestational diabetes. No way. I had a urine sample taken the day before at the peri and nothing was said about spilling sugar. I'm pretty sure I spilled sugar with dd1 the whole pregnancy.  We'll talk about a diet without fruit and white potatoes (I pretty much don't have a lot of sugar otherwise) if it happens again.  I think she's making a big deal again so I'll take it seriusly but normally, I don't have a whole lot of sweets or sodas or anything anyway. 

Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 PM

Glad to hear the thyroid situation is better.  FYI re the sugar, I have spilled sugar at almost every appt.  So I ended up getting a glucometer and checking manny blood levels.  None were high.  So I guess I'm just one of those women who spill sugar while pregnant.  It can happen.  FYI.

Wife to DH, mom to DD1 energy.gif 9/06 and our new arrival DD2 femalesling.GIF 6/11

User Tag List