the SPOTLIGHT is on...TXmom2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-09-2010, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

karen-

how are you feeling?

how do your children feel about the baby?

how did you meet your dh?

will you be finding out the sex of the baby?  do you have any inklings about the sex?

do you have any names picked out?  are you willing to share?

were you named after anyone?  were any of your children named after anyone?

any hobbies?

what's the last book you read?

what's the last movie you saw?

what's your ideal romantic getaway?

what's your ideal family vacation?

are you originally from texas?  if not, how did you end up there?  where else have you lived?

what do you have in your pockets?

what is your favorite time of day?

what is your favorite jelly bean flavor?

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2010, 12:04 PM

karen- yay! It's my turn :D

how are you feeling? Not very well actually :(  I have had really bad sciatica and can barely walk due to the spasms ans weakness in my leg. Going to Pain Management today to try nerve blocks...hope it works!

how do your children feel about the baby? The older 2 are really excited. My 17 month old is pretty clueless (of course) but we have been telling her "baby" when she pats or notices my belly. Last night she leaned over and said "baby" and kissed my belly...too cute!

how did you meet your dh? We met through hockey. He was looking for a new goalie for his team and I answered an email he sent out. I joined his team and later that year I invited him to my Halloween party. He showed up and we spent most of the night talking and have been together since :)

will you be finding out the sex of the baby? Yes do you have any inklings about the sex? Since DH has fathered 2 daughters already we guessed girl. Just found out yesterday that we are indeed having another girl! :D

do you have any names picked out? Still have a very long list that we are trying to narrow down  are you willing to share? lol...like a said, a pretty long list still:

Thea

Kira (still undecided on spelling)

Anika/ Danika

Keeley

Lexi (Alexia/Alexis)

JoLeigh (this is after my mom)

Mikayla (Dh's pick)

Jordyn

Tegan

Kassidy (Dh's other pick)

Kaelyn

were you named after anyone? No  were any of your children named after anyone? My son is junior, which I regret and was only done because he was on his 2nd day in NICU and my ex and I still couldn't agree on a name) DSD is named after DH's mother and Zara's middle name (Violette) is after my Grandmother.

any hobbies? Ice hockey -when not preggo... ;), and I do like to read wehn I can find the time. Still trying to teach myself to sew.

what's the last book you read? The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. It's a slow starter though and I'm still trying to really get into it.

what's the last movie you saw? hmm...I watched Horton hears a Who last night, does that count?

what's your ideal romantic getaway? I'd love to be able to go to Hawaii..just DH and I

what's your ideal family vacation? We love going to Montreal to see Dh's side of the family....it's such a great place!

are you originally from texas? Basically  if not, how did you end up there? I was an air force brat and was born in Japan. We moved to TX when I was almost 2  where else have you lived? Nowhere else

what do you have in your pockets? Not a thing

what is your favorite time of day? Sadly right now, it's bedtime. The only time I can get semi comfortable (sciatica) and try to relax. Usually I am an evening type person though...definitely more of a night owl, I don't do mornings well ;)

what is your favorite jelly bean flavor? Grape. Or in Jelly Belly, it's Pina Colada.

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmom2 View Post

how did you meet your dh? We met through hockey. He was looking for a new goalie for his team and I answered an email he sent out. I joined his team and later that year I invited him to my Halloween party. He showed up and we spent most of the night talking and have been together since :)

will you be finding out the sex of the baby? Yes do you have any inklings about the sex? Since DH has fathered 2 daughters already we guessed girl. Just found out yesterday that we are indeed having another girl! :D

love your how you met dh story (maybe it's because ours is so dull).

congrats on your baby girl !

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Old 12-13-2010, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samstress View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXmom2 View Post

love your how you met dh story (maybe it's because ours is so dull).

congrats on your baby girl !

thanks.gif   The epidural block worked a little. Now the pain is only in my hip and from my knee down...it skips my hamstring/upper leg area LOL

I think we've decided on a name! DH LOVES the name Maia. We want it pronounced my-a though so I'm not sure on the spelling. Any other suggestions?

Come on ladies...any other questions??? I'm so bored and am on partial bed rest because of the pain.

DS-(1996), DSD-(2001), and our miracle baby girl-(7/7/09) and Always remembering my 3 brokenheart.gif angel babies
and cautiously due May 12, 2011!

User Tag List