Mothering Forum banner

need name ideas!!

1K views 28 replies 24 participants last post by  Tdunahoo 
#1 ·
unfortunately I have been dreading picking a name for this baby girl because last time, DH and I had such a hard time agreeing on one. we love the name for our son now of course, but a the time, it was just a name we agreed on and neither of us LOVED. Well, DH has had a few ides, and I've only had one name I liked so far. Here's a list of names between the two of us. I'm not going to say who picked what, so I can get an honest opinion from you all:

Abby(Abigail)

Ellie(Elliott)

Zoe

What do you all think of these names with our last name (Bone). It's a tough last name and a lot of names just sound dirty when you put Bone at the end of it. I'm open to suggestions. I feel like I looked through every baby name book and website last time, and we ended up naming our son Ethan (one of the top boy names of '08. Not my original plan! lol

#2 ·
Margaret (Maggie) Rose

We are having a boy and won't have another baby ever so I can't ever use that name. It has personal meaning for me, but it's also really pretty. With your choices of Ellie and Abby, I thought you might like a Maggie.

#3 ·
I like Abby(Abigail).

I'm alright with Ellie though I don't like the full name Elliott for a girl. I had a classmate named Eleanor and thought that was very elegant/pretty. Her nickname was Ellie.

Here are a couple that might work...

Audrina

Alyssa

#5 ·
i love abby (it's on our list too). i love zoe too, but not with bone (you're right, that is a tough one).

i think one-syllable last names are best paired with three-syllable first names, so abigail and elliott are good choices.

what about:

madeline

savannah

amelia

lillian

allison

julia

juliet

anneliese

caroline

claudia

eleanor

sylvia

vivian

genevieve

meredith

evelyn

virginia

i don't know. just some three-syllable names off the top of my head (that i don't hate).

good luck!

#10 ·
I like Abigail/Abby best with your last name. I have an Ella, so I'm partial to Ellie, but not Elliot--I picture a small girl with stringy hair and big glasses or the kid from E.T. Zoe is on my DH's list--his favorite. It's growing on me, and I don't hate it with Bone. I've also seen it spelled Zoey, but prefer your spelling. A few people will pronounce it like Joe though.

#13 ·
i like abigail (abby) best with your last name and zoe second. i don't hate zoe bone but it does sound a little odd.

of samstress's list, i LOVE julia... i wouldn't use it for personal reasons but i think it sounds nice with your name.

#14 ·
I like Abigail the best...I think it sounds best with your last name also...

What about:

Olivia

Aliyah

Amelia

Sophia

Madeline

Elizabeth

If ours is a girl, or favorite is Eva...because our last name is harder to pronounce correctly, so we go with simple two syllable first names...DD is Maya

Anyway, I know you will find the perfect name, just in time :)

#16 ·
I like Amelia, with a middle name that has 3 syllables, like olivia or sophia, but DH will probably veto it. we never agree on names! I like the names on the top 100 list of 2009 but then I want to be different and come up with a unique name that no one else uses. Every time I find one, I don't like them though, so I guess I'll be mainstream and just pick a top 100 name! Our son's was #2 for 2008, so I guess we can stick with our trend, lol. What's interesting though is that Elliot is not on that list, and I actually don't mind it too much( I don't love it, but it's growing on me! ha ha)

#20 ·
I wouldn't do Abby because of your last name. People could call her Scabby Bone etc.

Zoe is cute. I am not a fan of Elliott because I don't like boy names on girls but Ellie is adorable. What about just Elle or Ella? Ella Bone sounds adorable, as does Ethan and Ella :)

#24 ·
I really don't like the name Elliot for a girl. Everyone is going to think she is a boy for the rest of her life. I think Abby sounds the best with your last name. Ellie, Abby and Zoe are ALL really popular names right now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.