Remind me again.. how many of us are NOT finding out gender till the birth? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 01-14-2011, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We're waiting until birth also. It's our first so we are really annoying my parents and people who want to make stuff for the baby, but I'm okay with that. I've had dreams about the baby as both genders, so no signs there. We agree on a girl's name but can't seem to make up our minds on a boy's name. Maybe that's a sign? :) I was a little worried about bonding without knowing gender, but luckily baby has started to kick harder lately so it's helped a lot with bonding.

#32 of 42 Old 01-14-2011, 01:32 PM

i've been out of the loop for a while now, but here I am at least for today! We are also waiting and are fine with not finding out -- why not?  It seems to stop people dead in their tracks when they ask that one question... then they don't know much what to say. oh well, we've never been they kinds of people go to with the flow, why start now?

Expecting 1st 5/25/11 after topsy turvy two years of trying. Married to best guy ever. Always <3 .
#33 of 42 Old 01-15-2011, 06:30 PM

Sorry mamas...I caved at the U/S and found out the gender...I wasn't as strong as I thought I was... Can't wait to see your genders when you give birth!

Cerise

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#34 of 42 Old 01-15-2011, 09:22 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

Sorry mamas...I caved at the U/S and found out the gender...I wasn't as strong as I thought I was... Can't wait to see your genders when you give birth!

Cerise

ha! i feel like i'm about to cave also. i decided at the 20 week scan not to tell the perinatologist that i didn;t want to know. so that if he asked i would say "no" but if he didn't....well then, it would be his fault. but being the professional that he is, he did ask and i did say no.

but after finding out i had a crappy quad screen but with no downs markers on the u/s which might mean something or might mean nothing or might mean placental issues.....i'm feeling that there are so many unknowns right now that i can;t do anything about that maybe knowing the gender might make me feel better about all the other uncertainty. i'm debating asking my OB if gender is noted on the u/s results. we'll see!

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#35 of 42 Old 01-16-2011, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I had an ultrasound and decided to find out while I was there but the baby decided that was a no-no LOL. I'm not getting another one. I'm excited that it's a surprise. I think it's a boy though. I've had boy feelings since I first found out and the heartrate is low although that isn't a definite sign. I'm just going gender neutral on everything. I do have a few really cute things of dd's left in her memory box that would go to baby if it's a girl and a friend had a boy over the summer and is giving me clothes so I will have some non gn things. Baby won't wear any 'outfits' for a while anyways so it doesn't really matter if they are gn or not.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
#36 of 42 Old 01-16-2011, 07:27 PM

We are waiting this time. My husband wanted it to be a surprise. This is our third and we found out both times. I wanted to find out at first but now I am totally liking the not knowing. I am not ready to know. We told the u/s tech not to tell us, but after she told us to look away she referred to the baby as a "he", as in let's get a shot of his hands. Also, everytime she was going by the legs she told us to look away. So I am thinking boy, and I guess I feel a little disappointed that she possibly blew it for us. Any experience with this? For those of you who made it through the u/s did the tech ask you to look away a million times? Or refer to the baby in she/he terms?

#37 of 42 Old 01-16-2011, 08:32 PM

#38 of 42 Old 01-16-2011, 08:37 PM

#39 of 42 Old 01-19-2011, 07:06 PM

We're waiting too.  We skipped our 20 week ultrasound and it was too early to tell at our NT scan.  I've been surprised at how many people are really supportive of our decision to wait.  I haven't had as many people as I thought I would say that they wish we'd find out or whatever. 

Baby 1 due in May
#40 of 42 Old 01-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmersusan View Post

My husband and I had opposite philosophies on this - I didn't want to know, he did.  I convinced him to go along with me and not find out at our one and only ultrasound, but I had to make a deal.  I told him that he could catch the baby (or take him/her from the midwife) and be the first to discover the gender.  It will be great to hear "It's a boy/girl" from him.  

Someone else mentioned this earlier, but I'll second it - I am also annoyed by the gender specific clothing. I may dress him/her in 'opposite' gender clothing just to be a rebel.  

I actually heard 'its a boy' from the mr. when we had Z, it was great! The doc said 'dad, you want to announce the gender?' smile.gif as she put him on my belly. It was pretty awesome to hear him say it!

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

#41 of 42 Old 01-21-2011, 12:44 PM

We're waiting to be surprised!  Hooray for surprises!

Before I was pregnant, I always thought I'd want to know, but all of that changed when we actually became pregnant. 

Yes, it would be easier to know.  And yes, I am dying to know.  And OMG(!), deciding on names would be SOOOO MUCH EASIER!  But I am psyched we are waiting.  It's fun to hear everyone's speculations and it's fun to speculate ourselves and I'm totally into gender neutral baby clothes most of the time anyway. 

As for me...  I think I'm having a boy for some reason. 

Will be interesting to see if my hunch is right.  Yet another fun thing about not knowing.

#42 of 42 Old 01-23-2011, 07:07 PM

We're not finding out either...and no US planned as well.

I'm so excited not to find out. We found out with DD...and it was great too..but I want to have a surprise as well.  I have plenty of clothes and diapers all ready to go. What more do you really need? I have wraps and a car seat (all be it..pink..haha). There's really not much more that I feel the need to purchase.  I'm amazed at the amount of things I never needed or didn't use with DD!!!

Tara, mama to Addison (4/07) and brokenheart.gif 03/20/10, brokenheart.gif05/27/10, and our newest addition and  rainbow1284.gifbabygirl.gif Emerson Rae (4/27/11) uc.jpg, married to John

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page