Baby Clothes - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What kinds of clothes are you planning to purchase (or have gifted)? 

This is our third and I hate to be in the center of attention (so no shower) and our family isn't really the type to purchase things for us,  so I'm thinking we will be responsible for purchasing most of our  baby stuff and I've never had a summer baby before.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 AM

I've been thinking a lot about this.  I think the temps here will be coldish for a month or so after this baby is born, so I'll need a mix of spring and summer clothes in 0-3 mos. size.  I figure I'm safe with all summer 3-6 month size, and then fall/winter 6-9 month size and even 12 month size.  My babies come out around ten pounds or so and have slowed growth around 6-9 months, so I think my assumptions are safe.  I had a December and June boy, so am covered for boy clothes, but this one is supposed to be a girl.  Of course my girl was born in January, so I need a few things for this babe.

I just ordered some things from The Children's Place online for both of my girls.  (Even next years Christmas dresses!)  They have a lot of stuff on sale for 50% off or more and a coupon code for 15% on top of that!  I also use ebates for 3% cash back.  I love good deals on kids clothes! 

The only US I had was at 16 weeks, so I hope this really is a girl.  My anatomy scan where I hope to confirm the gender is this week. (At 24 weeks.)  Fingers crossed that this really is a girl! 

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#3 of 10 Old 01-09-2011, 04:24 PM

Onesies, onesies, and more onesies. DD lived in them in the summer. And here is is onesie weather 9 months out of the year. :)

#4 of 10 Old 01-10-2011, 09:20 AM

We need EVERYTHING for this one. We got rid of DS's little clothes long ago (that's what happens when you live in a cramped 800-foot mobile home) and since this one is 80% a girl we are going to need to have different clothes anyway. :P

We got some cute jumper dresses on mark down for $2 new. We also got a warm winter coat for her first winter for $10 instead of $20-$25. Right now we are grabbing whatever we find, as we are starting from the ground up here. We will need warmer coats for the 0-3 month size as in WI it's still pretty cold in May at times. Maybe not snow, but bitter cold rainy days are typical. Since I have to take her to walk to/from school with DS she will need warm clothing and to be bundled up pretty well until warmer days arrive.

#5 of 10 Old 01-10-2011, 10:11 AM

I'm buying a lot of jumpers and onesies. I figure this LO will live in them this summer. I am getting almost everything from consignment shops or consignment websites (like gymbofriends) to save on money too. 

#6 of 10 Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM

It will somewhat depend on the gender.  If it's a boy- the clothes I get from my sister should cover me as her older son was an early June baby.  If it's a girl, I may need to buy some summer outfits.  I've been lucky and DD1 and DD2's birth dates are only 5 days apart so their clothes have always been right on for each other.  The only issue being that DD2 is slightly taller that DD1 at the same age.  Both my girls were born in Sept- right as fall was about to hit so it will be fun to have an infant in the summer.  I guess I'm going to have to invest in a really good sunblock suit and umbrella to attach to the pack/play as sunscreen isn't safe on infants.

#7 of 10 Old 01-10-2011, 09:14 PM

Most of the 0-3 month clothes I have from DS2 are rompers, onesies/pants, and lightweight sleepers.  I never was a big fan of outfits for babies, especially not in the summer!  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#8 of 10 Old 05-28-2011, 10:54 AM

lollie is a great place to shop for baby clothing!

We are a children’s boutique located just North of Chicago at 1312 Chicago Ave. in Evanston, IL. We feature distinctive children’s clothing, organic baby gifts, unique toys, books, and accessories for boys and girls (newborn to size 10).

If you don't live in Illinois, we have a website you can order from.

http://www.lollieshop.com

Hope to see you soon!

#9 of 10 Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM

This is my first summer baby too! Ava was early October so she got about a month in onesies then went onto suits and blankets. Dylan was January so she was always bundled. I am doing just short-sleeved legless onesies.I can swaddle in a blanket or slip on some pants if it is a bit cool in the AC.  I have lots of yellow, green, blue and browns for newborns but nothing that isn't totally girlie beyond that. So, I hope even if it's a boy it looks good in pink!

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#10 of 10 Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 PM

We mainly have onesies and lightweight sleepers.  We do have a couple cute outfits/dresses for church and a couple special occasions, the onesies and sleepers will do until it gets colder here.  Then it'll be onesies under fleece pullovers and heavier sleepers. wink1.gif

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page