Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuzunel09 View Post

I make my coffee thick like crude oil

lol!  this is the perfect way to describe my mom's coffee making style.  it'll definitely knock your socks off!

funny this thread was resurrected, I just had a cup of coffee this morning since I made some for DH.  I know the heartburn is going to kick in soon (i'm going to search for my papaya enzymes as soon as I hit "submit" lol) but it was such a treat!  I know it's not the healthiest thing in the world but I can't wait til after the birth & I can kick back my coffee daily again. caffix.gif

Blissful wife & momma, so in love w/DD 5.2.2011 & DS 10.31.13 homebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 AM

I am allowing myself occasional coffee (almost daily this week cause it's free at McDonald's, LOL!) - I get a 10 oz cup (I had to look that up, I am surprised it's 10 oz, I would have guessed 8) or sometimes I will get the next size up and order half-caf.  It doesn't seem to be bothering my tummy, which is bizarre (this pregnancy is  weird that way, my tummy is more forgiving, woohoo!). 

I am kind of hoping that incorporating it back in a little now might make it more do-able when I'm nursing...?  Probably that is grasping at straws but at least if I'm wrong, I can enjoy it for a few weeks before I have to give it up again :P  With DS1, I could have a cup no problem, but DS2 was terribly sensitive to it...I'm not sure if it was the caffeine or something in the coffee, cause he screamed even if I had decaf.  Blech.

#33 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post

I am kind of hoping that incorporating it back in a little now might make it more do-able when I'm nursing...?  Probably that is grasping at straws but at least if I'm wrong, I can enjoy it for a few weeks before I have to give it up again :P  With DS1, I could have a cup no problem, but DS2 was terribly sensitive to it...I'm not sure if it was the caffeine or something in the coffee, cause he screamed even if I had decaf.  Blech.

blush.gif coffee can be an issue while nursing?  this is my first time hearing about this.  oh my... well at least I can start mentally coping NOW in case my LO doesn't tolerate it.  oddly enough I'd have NO problem doing elim diets, as I easily went vegan for a year, but the threat of taking away my coffee?? that's going to take adjusting to! shake.gif

Blissful wife & momma, so in love w/DD 5.2.2011 & DS 10.31.13 homebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gif 
#34 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndie View Post

blush.gif coffee can be an issue while nursing?  this is my first time hearing about this.  oh my... well at least I can start mentally coping NOW in case my LO doesn't tolerate it.  oddly enough I'd have NO problem doing elim diets, as I easily went vegan for a year, but the threat of taking away my coffee?? that's going to take adjusting to! shake.gif

I think it's absolutely fine for most people.  DS2 was pretty unhappy for the first 6 months of his life (as I clung to the "food sensitivities in nursing babies are rare so it can't be that" thing) - until I gave up dairy, chocolate and coffee.  I still indulged in them from time to time, but with consequences (i.e. he fussed to sleep and slept poorly that night and the day after).  At one point I had gone a LONG time without chocolate and a friend was giving out samples of that heart-healthy chocolate.  I kid you not, tears came to my eyes when I tasted it, I had missed it that much.  It was really embarrassing.  LOL!

Edited to add:  Some info - as it says, it's not super common.  And my son displayed other symptoms besides being fussy - eczema, nasty poops, gas...some of which resolved (eczema) and others that just improved (I imagine he probably has other sensitivities but I wasn't strict about eliminating anything else, other than reducing egg and soy intake).

#35 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 10:35 AM

Wow, I have been limiting my intake to one soda/coffee a week and feeling so guilty if I have more than that.  Well according to that chart I can have a soda a day and be just fine.  No more guilt for me!

-Becky
DH 10/01, DS 1/04, DS 1/06, DS 5/09 (born sleeping), DD 4/11
#36 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 12:18 PM
tzs

Quote:
Originally Posted by my-j-angel View Post

Wow, I have been limiting my intake to one soda/coffee a week and feeling so guilty if I have more than that.  Well according to that chart I can have a soda a day and be just fine.  No more guilt for me!

i dunno, according to my chart (i.e. my own calculations) if you can have one cup of coffee a day @ 200 mg caffeine, then you can have 4 sodas/day (yes....i do drink 4 diet cokes a day....hey, that's cutting back!)

we nursed just fine that way too.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#37 of 37 Old 03-03-2011, 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post

Edited to add:  Some info - as it says, it's not super common.  And my son displayed other symptoms besides being fussy - eczema, nasty poops, gas...some of which resolved (eczema) and others that just improved (I imagine he probably has other sensitivities but I wasn't strict about eliminating anything else, other than reducing egg and soy intake).

thanks for sharing.  I'm going to bookmark that page & hope I never need it! 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page