Third Trimester! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-25-2011, 12:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

Woohoo - today marks the beginning of my third trimester! 28 weeks down... 12 to go!

I didn't realize that it's 12 weeks first tri... 16 weeks second? then 12 again for third.  Strange.

I believe I just hit my 3rd trimester as well!  I'm 28 weeks.  Has anyone else been using the What to Expect Pregnancy journal & organizer?  I've been since the beginning & it says to start the journal with a 2 week head start, since your pregnancy is officially being counted starting 2 weeks before your baby was conceived.  In order to give all pregnancies some standard timing, your pregnancy is dated not from conception, but from the 1st day of your last menstrual period.  Is that how you are counting yours? If so, that would make the 1st trimester 14 weeks long, the 2nd trimester start at 14 weeks being 16 weeks long, and the 3rd trimester start at 28 weeks, being 12 weeks long.  If anyone can clarify this, it would help me get a better understanding.  I've chosen to wait to get an ultrasound until its necessary, so I'm curious if I've been counting down the days correctly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 11:38 AM

Fertility Friend and my Dr. Sears Book both have the third trimester starting at 27 weeks. So I am declaring that I am there too!! orngtongue.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I'd missed this thread until now. I'm in the 3rd trimester. Actually just hit 32 weeks today. Oy!

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 02-27-2011, 12:34 PM

I opened my BabyBump app yesterday & realized -surprise!- I'm now in the 3rd trimester (counting @ 28th week).  I got a little teary eyed thinking about how fast this pregnancy seems to be going by.  It's our first & I really want to savor each moment but it's blowing by so quick!

Blissful wife & momma, so in love w/DD 5.2.2011 & DS 10.31.13 homebirth.jpgfly-by-nursing2.gif 
Old 02-27-2011, 04:37 PM

31 weeks tomorrow! Anyone else hitting the 3rd trimester fatigue? I was so excited that I have been feeling so good this pregnancy, and now I'm just exhausted during the day. Doesn't matter how much sleep I get. I still have 9 weeks to go! I'm actually glad that I will feel pretty well done by the time the baby gets here because in the second trimester I didn't want it to be over. I was like, eh, I can wait. I'm enjoying my time with DS, and still am and I'm nervous about bringing another LO into the world!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

Old 02-27-2011, 04:38 PM

do your babies come late becuase that would put in you in the April DDC..just hanging out in both? :)

Old 02-27-2011, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

i'm counting myself in!

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 02-27-2011, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsBone View Post

do your babies come late becuase that would put in you in the April DDC..just hanging out in both? :)

do you mean june? lol

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 02-28-2011, 09:53 PM

Well I might as well join in the fun! I'll be 28 weeks technically Friday, but that was a fairly arbitrary day of the week I picked because I talked to my ND that day. :) I am most definitely feeling the third tri exhaustion. I keep telling myself I'm just worn out from all that's been going on, but no amount of sleep seems to be making much difference, nor does any length of walk or time in the sun or... what have you. At least I AM sleeping most nights now! :)

Both of my other kiddos came the day after their due date, so I'm just sort of assuming this one will too, which will throw me in to the very last days of May give or take. My husband and I were both born in May, so I'm really liking the idea of a May baby. That having been said, no one else in either of our families has a June birthday, so that would be kind of cool too. But I like you guys. :) (No offense to the June DDC!)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:04 AM

ryleee, I was talking about crazyms. She's 32 weeks which would put her in the April DDC smile.gif

Old 03-04-2011, 06:14 AM

I am 28 weeks 4 days today. I know I haven't been on here at all lately, we have been "moving" and are now settled in and I have the time to be on here more often. 

I am feeling exhausted, but with leaving the country and coming to South America, and helping my 3 year old with all the changes (She is having a pretty hard time) I think it is more than just being in the 3rd trimester. 

Glad everyone is doing well! 

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

Old 03-04-2011, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyms View Post

I'd missed this thread until now. I'm in the 3rd trimester. Actually just hit 32 weeks today. Oy!

hey if you are due may 1st...I saw your post in the April DDC, wouldn't you be hitting 32 weeks on monday or am I further along than I thought? I thought we were only 31 weeks right now.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Nope 32 weeks today! I just realized my baby app on my phone was off by a week for some reason and showed me 32 weeks last week. Eek! So glad I found another week lol. I'm due May 1st so yes we're right there together. I actually joined April's DDC because I found out before this one opened up and only joined in here afterwards. I still stay in April's a good bit though since I'll be in the last month craziness with them. I can't believe how close it's getting now though. I'm spending more time here the closer it gets like it's going to make baby wait longer LOL.

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM

I can't believe I only have 10 weeks left! So much to do and so little time left! Omg Omg Omg!

User Tag List