february 13th - 19th chat thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 24 Old 02-15-2011, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

last week's chat thread

just noticed that a new chat thread hasn't been started yet.  here it is, albeit a wee bit late.

not much new to report.  am 29 weeks today and starting to realize how much i've still got to do.  yikes2.gif  it's going by way too fast.

have a great week ladies!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#2 of 24 Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 AM

Right there with ya - 29w2d - wowzaaa!! Literally the *only* thing we have is a stokke highchair I found on craigslist and picked up this past Sunday help.gif

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#3 of 24 Old 02-15-2011, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamiel View Post

Right there with ya - 29w2d - wowzaaa!! Literally the *only* thing we have is a stokke highchair I found on craigslist and picked up this past Sunday help.gif

well, it's a start.  a stokke highchair on craigslist?  score!

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#4 of 24 Old 02-15-2011, 07:45 PM

Im either 29w2d or 30w2d.  It's hard to believe how fast it's all coming up.

I think I finally figured out the allergic reaction crap.  I dont think it was an allergic reaction at all, but instead an Id reaction to Candida.  Ugh.  Id much rather of had it be an allergic reaction.  Now I have to do a candida diet and Im not thrilled about this.  DH is a vegetarian so eating is hard enough between him and having a picky toddler.

Ive had a patch of tinea corporis on my abdomen from a bout of interigo from having to wear a bra constantly when I had the biopsy and I have big breasts.. pregnancy makes me a heat factory and that is my primary place I sweat.  I was able to get it almost gone when we were in HI because I could give it some sun and the salt water was good for it...

For whatever reason, when I got back the patch came back with a vengence.  Paired with the constipation Ive been struggling with I think it was perfect breeding ground for a candida overgrowth in my gut.  I also slacked seriously on my probiotics when I was on vacation and after I got back.  Anyway... if I eat sugar the Id reaction occurs.  If I dont and I take grapefruit seed extract it doesnt.  Straight grapefruit seed extract on the patch has cleared it up almost completely...So, time for a candida diet to make sure it's knocked out of my system by the time baby gets here. 

Ugh. Whatever you do dont make that peanutbutter brownie recipe I posted the other day.  I made it for vday without the ganache and it was like the best thing Ive ever put in my mouth.  I had one 2" square and had to pack up the rest and make DH put it down in the deep freeze.

#5 of 24 Old 02-16-2011, 08:21 AM

I beleive that would put me around 25 weeks. I am also struggling with getting things done. Reality hasn't yet hit. I'm sure by 29 weeks I'll be in a panic, though. Maybe I'll take a vacation week to get caught up.  I am not doing a nursery since we'll only be in out house 2 mos after the baby is born, we'll just cosleep.

The baby is constantly moving and it is really cute.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#6 of 24 Old 02-16-2011, 10:16 PM

Very active bub. Almost 29w and I think its not too long til bub will be here.

#7 of 24 Old 02-17-2011, 01:00 PM

29w 4d here, and freaking out a little at how quickly time has passed this pregnancy..I was thinking that the last 12 weeks would go a lot slower, but I don't know. 11 weeks seems like so very little time left! There's so much I want to get done, but I'm trying to be realistic, and I'm starting to hit that 3rd trimester fatigue, as of today. I slept 8 hours last night and am exhausted right now. On a positive note, DS is sleeping through the night in his own room about 85% of the time now, and can go to sleep unassisted(I still have a gate on the door, not sure when we're going to take that down, but he's done really well with it). I also can't stop thinking about what this next baby's personality will be like. Looking back, DS was an easy baby, and has been a fairly easy toddler. I am dreading the possibility of having a child that is the complete opposite! :) That will be my luck! Oh, and I have Jury duty March 7th. Not fun! I don't want to be picked. Not with 3rd trimester fatigue and finding childcare for my son. Any other time, I might not mind it, but yeah. Not looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to March 5th though. DH and I are going to my MIL's charity event that night. We're leaving DS with a sitter all evening (not family, eek!) from about 5pm to after 1am. She'll have to put him to bed. This is the first time I've felt comfortable leaving him past bedtime, because he always needed one of us to go to sleep. But it will be a much needed date night for DH and I too, even though his family and my entire family will be there! :)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#8 of 24 Old 02-17-2011, 09:20 PM

29w tomorrow, and I just found out that my midwife is risking me out of a homebirth.  I'm on Celexa and she doesn't want to take the risk of something happening at birth - there is a very small chance that the baby will have breathing difficulties or a host of other withdrawal symptoms.  I understand, but it still sucks.  :(  So I have an appt. with a hospital-based practice on Monday - it's an OB and 2 midwives, but the OB only does deliveries if you need him to.  I've heard a ton of great things about them, so hopefully it'll all work out OK.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#9 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 12:30 AM

30 weeks today!!  Holy crap!!  I need to bitch for a second.  My body is killing me.  I am in such constant pain with my back.  I can't wait to get feeling back in my fingers.  I feel like I could blow at any moment and am freaking out bout how I am going to complete this semester.  Not too worried about art history 2 or drawing cuz I can bring baby if I have to or complete from home. But my 3d class is a great anxiety as it is a completely unsafe environment to take baby with and I don't have the tools needed to complete works at home.  my hands also feel like 2 balloons.  What a difference a planned pregnancy is to an oops one!!  I think you spend a lot more time visualizing the changes your body will go through and are less stressed about the whole thing cuz you planned on it!!  I have put o 43 extra pounds this time.  I don't know what is normal because I was over weight the first time and stayed at my starting weight the whole time!  This feels so obtrusive!!  I will be laying on one side wishing I was asleep and then go to turn to the other side but my belly is still where I started.  I grunt putting on my socks!!  I have no idea what to name this baby if it is a boy.  I think I am getting morning sickness again too!

Ok thanks!  I am blessed to be having this baby I know!!

#10 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 AM

Oh and if I could just stop throwing up in my mouth!!!Sheepish.gif

#11 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Oh and if I could just stop throwing up in my mouth!!!Sheepish.gif

I hear you on that one.  If I burp in any position other than standing up straight... it hurts...ugh.

#12 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 09:48 AM

well i'm STILL sick. and sick of being sick! and sick of hearing other people complain about being sick when they have only been feeling shitty for like 2 days. i just want to scream in their faces I AM FRIGGIN PREGNANT AND HAVE BEEN SICK FOR ALMOST A MONTH AND A HALF!!!!!!!!! and then i calm down a bit and just smile and nod. i think i'm getting better, my cough is definitely getting better but now it has migrated back up into my head and i am just a snot machine. barf.

i am terrified that the 3rd trimester is going to hit me so hard and i won't have time to do the things i need to do, like finish organizing/unpacking our house, making all the stuff i need to make for an event i'm partly in charge of, school work, etc...

i got sick of haye asking me a hundred times a day how many days were left until the baby came so i got him to make a chart of 100 days and cross them off. 97 days left. =__= that sounds like a lot but really, i am kind of scared at how real this is and how fast it is coming!!! my friend had a beautiful baby girl, aurora, two weeks ago, and she brought her to class last night...oh my goodness...she is so small and cute and adorable. my heart sighed when i saw her.

i think i'm going to make bread today, i have my nana's recipe for 8 loaves of white bread (shhh...i know it's bad for me) and i have been craving it badly! and we are out of bread almost so it's a good time to make it. i think i should probably get off the computer and actually do housework before i am unmotivated and do nothing all day. again. for the third day in a row... >_>

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#13 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 10:03 AM

I'm 29weeks+3days and feeling so tired lately and it's driving me crazy.  How tired are the rest of you.  I just feel like it's too soon to be feeling like this and I know I wasn't feeling like this my last pregnancy because I was keeping a journal.  I just feel like I have no energy and I can barely keep up with doing the minimum around the house and taking care of the kids.  I'm scared my house is going to become even more of a disaster than it is right now.  I did find out my iron was low and I started taking floradix but does anyone know how long it would take to feel a difference.  I've only been on it for a few days. 

#14 of 24 Old 02-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Feelinhot I am so with you!!  I am not keeping up with the house homework or my 3 y/o.  zero zero zero energy.  It's almost alarming!  I think I may be getting sick too.

#15 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 06:48 AM

Feelinhot-- I think the Floradix helps pretty quickly.  It probably depends on how low you are as to when you'll feel a difference.  Maybe a couple weeks at the most?  Hang in there!  I have to start it again too.  I've been taking black strap molasses iron supplements the whole pregnancy and even doubled it a month ago, but my iron level is still dropping, so I will make the switch to Floradix again.  (Just hate the taste, even washing it down with OJ.)

Ryleee-- I'm sorry you're still not well!  I understand!  I was sick from before Thansgiving to sometime in January.  I've finally been okay for 2 or 3 weeks!  I hope you get there soon!  (My family still kicks around a fever or cold symptoms every few days, but nothing lasting lately.  Crazy!  We usually never get sick!)

This month has been sooo stressful, BUT I think I have finally found a good associate chiropractor to hire and train before maternity leave.  He'll be moving here from out of state with his family in a week!  We've phone interviewed, but will meet in person on 2/28 and I plan to have him sign a contract that day and start right away.  I pray it works out well!  It will be such a relief!!!  A lot of hard work and extra hours to get him up to speed at our office, but I expect that.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend preparing for staff changes and misc. projects but I will feel so much better when it's done.  The I have a vacation to look forward to on 3/2!  The kids are counting down...11 more days!

Finally, I had an OB appt a few days ago and the doc is still not bringing up the actual birth.  (Most likely a C/S because of past history...long story.  But he left a hint of hope for a hospital VBA3C, when I first consulted with him.  NOT likely in IL!)  I don't know why I keep avoiding asking him about his thoughts at this point.  I guess I'd rather keep some ray of hope until the end.  I don't see him again now until I'm 33 weeks.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#16 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 11:51 AM

We booked our "birth cottage" today for our home-away-from-home birth!  Yay!  It's two bedrooms, so lots of space for all FIVE of us :)  The owner of the cottages is so flexible and really awesome, he has already hosted a few births (possibly one later today, he said!), so we are feeling great about it.  Big relief to have that set, and now we can start accumulating all the stuff we have to bring with us (it's like a home birth and then some...the white duvet covers and sheets and towels at the cottage are all getting put away and replaced with old ones we are bringing from home, for example!).

And over 11 weeks after getting the blood draw, I finally got my maternal serum screen results :P  I haven't been to the doctor at the clinic since I did the test, and the first request from my midwife back in December for the results seems to have been ignored/misplaced, so another request this week finally succeeded.  It was screen negative, which I figured it would be since I hadn't heard anything, but still had that little "what if?" in the back of brain worried that maybe something got overlooked.  Phew!

#17 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

MamaChef - hope you're feeling well soon.

MrsBone - i wonder what our next one will be like too (compared to dd).  i feel confident that i will know what to do (exactly what i did with dd), but then i realize that what if everything i did with dd just doesn't work with our new little one?  dd was such an easy baby and has been such a joy as a toddler (she's nearly four).  honestly, i couldn't have imagined a more amazing little girl.  i'm guessing some of that has to do with our parenting, but a lot of it is just plain old luck, right?  i'm a bit nervous about what this new experience will bring (but excited as well). 

so glad your ds's transition to sleeping in his own room is going well.  enjoy your date night!

oh, no.  your post reminds me that i got a jury summons in the mail a few weeks ago.  don't even think i ever opened it.  should probably open it and see when i have jury duty.  ugh, one more thing for my to-do list.

LacieD - sorry about the news from your midwife.  hoping the new plan works out for you.  fingersx.gif

mama_mich - sorry you're feeling crappy (may is right around the corner).

ryleeee - sorry you're still under the weather -- here's hoping you're feeling better soon.  also, sorry you're feeling so overwhelmed.  reminder:  BREATHE!

i like your idea of the calender for your ds.  think i may do something similar with dd (she's pretty clueless about how long a week, month, etc. is).  this may help put it in perspective.

feelinhot - not feeling tired at all (and don't remember feeling tired in the final trimester with dd either).  hoping my energy levels keep up (because i really have so much to do) and hope yours picks up some.

jr'smom - enjoy your vacation!

bluepetals - congrats on the good news of your results and on booking your birth cottage.  it sounds lovely.

afm - not much new to report.  met with my dr today (everything's great) and had my glucose test (will find out the results on monday).  i gotta say it's awfully cruel to make a pregnant woman (or really anyone for that matter) fast for 12 hours.  i was really hurting by the time i got out of there.  on top of that, they had trouble getting blood samples out of me.  i've never given blood easily.  always need to get pricked several times before it works.  and i'm not a fan of needles already.  that on top of having an empty stomach, i felt so ill and just had to lay down after a while. 

i donated blood a few times in my 20s.  the last time i went, the woman taking it pretty much said, "don't bother coming back, it's not worth the time"  gee, i thought i was doing a good thing.

dd is spending the weekend at the beach with my in-laws.  she was pretty excited to go (her favorite cousin will be there too).  i gotta say i really needed a break.  i had a really rough week and was just super emotional (crying most days).  i'm hoping it's just pregnancy hormones and not something that's going to become an everyday occurence.  i'm just feeling overwhelmed and wondering if i can't even keep it together now, how am i going to keep it together when i have a newborn and a toddler.  i'm also feeling so awful about having to pull dd out of school (since i got laid off).  i try to keep us busy and plan things for us, but i know mama isn't nearly as stimulating as her teachers and friends at school.  i gotta say, i'm a little envious of dd and dh's interactions as of late.  it seems that all they do is have lots of fun together.  when she's with papa she's always laughing and happy.  don't get me wrong, we have plenty of wonderful moments together, but it seems that because we spend pretty much the entire day together, we end up also seeing the worst of each other.  anyway, i'd better stop, because the tears are starting. mecry.gif 

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#18 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 03:56 PM

Sorry I'm so scarce...I'm reading but my computer freaks out whenever I try and respond so I quit trying(hoping it works this time).

I'm just hitting 27 weeks this weekend and am all ready exhausted and feeling huge...granted it is my 4th, but man, this sucks.  I'm ready to feel good again...and not worry about the pain every time I walk as my pubic bone is hurting all ready.  Otherwise, I'm doing fine...baby is good.  I'm not too worried about getting anything done before baby comes because things always work out and I know that all the baby really needs when first born is food, dipes and clothes and lots of snuggling.  Everything else will fall into place or get done when it needs to be.   I'm just hoping this little one comes right around his due date like his siblings so that my Mom is here.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#19 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 04:44 PM

A giant hug2.gif for samstress. Sounds like maybe a little bit of you time is in order?

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#20 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 09:43 PM

too cute :)

1.jpg

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#21 of 24 Old 02-19-2011, 10:55 PM - Thread Starter

love it rye!  i saw it on your fb page too.

thanks elonwy.  i needed that.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#22 of 24 Old 02-20-2011, 03:47 PM

after reading your post i am really not wanting to go for my glucose test. i think i might email my midwives and tell them i don't plan on going. eek.

#23 of 24 Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

after reading your post i am really not wanting to go for my glucose test. i think i might email my midwives and tell them i don't plan on going. eek.

You could ask to do something different.  My MW doesn't do the glucola if you'd rather not.  You can actually skip the test all together but I always opt for her version of the test which is eat a big breakfast and then come in and have your blood drawn 2 hours after you're done eating.  She said it's a much better indicator of how your body processes sugar than the glucola...since really, does anyone just drink a huge cup of sugar?  It's even different from drinking soda...

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#24 of 24 Old 02-20-2011, 04:02 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

sorry rye.  i don't remember it being nearly that bad with dd (maybe i didn't have to fast as long).  i just don't do very well with no food in my belly (although who does), i hate needles and i faint very easily (even when i'm not pregnant). 

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page