(still) to do list - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

well, i'm a huge fan of lists and i just realized today that i've only 11 weeks until baby arrives (perhaps less).  thought i'd start a list of things i need/would like to get done before then.  anyway, thought i'd make a list here and then cross things off as i get them done (to make it appear as if i'm being productive).  anyone care to join me?

-finish hemming and hanging new curtains (bought new curtains for three of our rooms -- got the ones done for dd's room, have five more sets to go)

-go through and organize cd stash

-buy new diaper covers

-go through and organize newborn clothes

-call mom and figure out her travel plans (my mom is planning to visit from massachusetts for two weeks around the time that baby arrives.  she wants to be here for the birth, but i'd like most of her time here to be after baby comes.  have to figure it out and just pick a day.  dd arrived on her due date, i'm gonna assume this baby will too). 

-buy beads for birth bead swap

-buy pendant for birthing necklace

-make birthing necklace

-rearrange our bedroom and set up co-sleeper (i don't think our current set up will accommodate the co-sleeper.  would probably prefer to have baby in bed with us, that's what we did with dd, but i feel so cramped already.  we eventually plan to move our bedroom into another room and make our current room the baby's, but probably won't do that until we're ready to have baby in his/her own room.  still deciding).

-get a ring sling

-pre-admit at hospital

-schedule hospital tour

-make list of questions to ask on hospital tour

-clean out purses (just something i've been wanting to do)

-drop off stuff at goodwill (been doing lots of purging as of late)

-install infant car seat

-plan 4th birthday party for dd (still undecided how big we're gonna go on this)

-write thank you notes for dd's birthday party

-finish knitting baby blanket

-finish childbirth books i'm currently reading

-see if breast pump is still working (buy replacement parts if necessary)

-buy new birth ball

-add a few items to registry

-type up birth plan

-make goodies for nurses

-pack bag for hospital

-do taxes

gosh, i know there's more, but that's what comes to mind right now.  will be adding (and hopefully crossing off) some.

sonshine_rae likes this.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 12:34 PM

OOoh! OOhh! wave.gif

I love lists.

-hire the doula - - sign doula paperwork and send her the check

-have the baby shower (March 26th)

- buy whatever we don't get from the shower

-garage sale (next weekend)

-pick up the arms reach and other loaner stuff from our friend

- rearrange drawers in the bedroom to make room for baby stuff

-sort out keeping the cats out of the bedroom

-graduate from School - two more papers and group project to turn in, trying to crank this out.

-taxes

-figure out where the birth center is moving to!!! (decide on center vs home birth based on this) totally Going to the Birth Center as long as it's not rush hour.

-sort out transpo for parents to the birth center (our car is super small) They are cool with taking the train and taxis. Though I am hoping just a tiny bit that the baby comes before they do :P Postpartum my mom will be awesome, we'll see about labor.

-set up diaper service for the first two months (paid for by great-grandma :)  Diapers will get here Friday

-create labor mix

-Get the birth center bag together  Packed everything last Fri after our first false alarm. 

-remain calm. Have found my zen.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#3 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 02:41 PM

Wow... when you say it in weeks (as in 11 or 12 weeks... !!!!) it sounds like it's happening tomorrow! I think my head just exploded. My list would start with:

- Finding a place to live! well... this is still kinda temporary, but less so than the last place, and it's fine for everyone if we're still here when Baby arrives

But since we just moved here... but I can't even think past that right now!

A list might help me reassemble my head though... :)

ETA: Ok... now I think I can get serious. It's a long, scary thing to look at though...

- Move in / unpack / sort through everything that's been in storage for the past year This isn't going to happen - even if we move. Again.

- Craigslist / garage sale / thrift store scouring for things we need around the house (like furniture and some appliances) (especially a happy rocking chair!)

- Hopefully find the ambition, time and energy to have a garage sale ourselves Not so much, either!

- Attempt to establish a routine and loose schedule for homeschool - we need to play catch up for awhile  The "attempt" part has definitely been made, & we're doing *something* every day, which just helps us all mentally if in no other way.

- Choose which "option" for homeschooling we're going to use, then find the right association for us  (still seeking info - & waiting to hear back) Getting frustrated with this...

- Really hope to attend homeschool convention happening here next month - I've never gone to one! And we need a few things.  Sadly, this isn't going to happen.

- Get serious about meal planning - it's the only way we're going to survive with DH on the road and me pg  Definitely doing better with this, & it's good prep for the next task:

- Then get serious about freezer / Once a Week cooking (not quite ready for Once a Month!)

- And then using those plans as a guide, stock kitchen and pantry Close enough

- Plan some kind of garden-ish situation - can't stand to skip a whole year - at least some container tomatoes and zucchini?  Unless we find a place & move SOON.. this just isn't happening either. :(

- Figure out a back-up plan for UC if DH isn't going to make it home Yay for a solution!

- Mom will be coming out whether she's invited to the birth or not, so figure out when / how long

- Assemble an "if we transfer" bag, including info for whomever is my advocate in that situation for how we hope to handle different scenarios Changing this to

- Pack a bag to take to the birth center IF we go, & that should cover IF we transfer, other than that, it will help with having things in one place and ready to use

- I'd actually like to tour whatever hospital I would be transferring to - I knew them all back home, but I've never stepped foot in any of them around here I'm scheduled for a tour... but had to reschedule since the kids were sick - good news is DH might actually be able to come with me on this one due to date changes! Finally did this, but dh wasn't there

- Finish reading some books, start reading others

- Get a pool & tarp or two to put under it, proper hose & attachment kit, small pump & a bucket, small net for "debris"

- Do a trial run flushing the hot water tank, filling the pool, see how long it takes to boil a big pan of water down here at practically sea level

- Old linens to prep the bed, build a nest wherever with

- Assemble or purchase a birth kit to suit our needs - which is a whole 'nother list in itself!

- I'd really like some herbal bath/soaks this time

- definitely need some better scissors

- etc, etc, etc

Everything in green is IF we stay home and go UC.... I'm not going to know until the last minute if that's happening or not - it will depend on whether dh is home or likely to be, so I'm up in the air on it. I probably won't order any of it until late April or early May if at all... We're still hoping to move, and you know... location location location

- Collect stuff I'll want handy for comfort / aesthetics during labor / snacks

- Talk to gf about which natural fiber yarns would be good for me to crochet a newborn hat or two I love this idea, but I found all the kids' hats, so I'm letting it go... :/

- Get all ambitious and try to crochet a saque set & afghan for this fall I should "get all real" instead - maybe sometime this summer? ROTFLMAO.gif

- Dream of the day when I figure out knitting

- Have fun in DC this weekend!

- Plan our Cherry Blossom Festival trip for whenever next month! Sadly, after all the fun had last wknd, I'm realizing another trip is likely a bad call... :(

- Keep up- with the daily walks! *choke* I have GOT to get back on this train now that my feet have recovered from DC. Doing pretty good with this on the dry days

- Go to Babywearers meeting and get some better info, meet some local moms Great meeting! And seeing things demonstrated live really makes a difference for me

- Go to LLL meeting, mostly to meet moms but also to establish some connections in case of issues Kids were sick this month, so now I'm waiting on next month...

We have almost *no* baby gear anymore, so....

- Guess I should start some kind of registry somewhere

- Sort through the remaining baby things we still have from DD and DS Maybe 1/3 of the way through this? And feeling like we need more space.

- decide what's worth keeping (& safe to use) & separate out the newborn / small sizes / toys

- wash or sanitize what works

- evaluate what we need to fill in with clothing I think we're good - just need to wash everything now

- Choose and install a car seat - really going back & forth with whether or not to get an infant carrier this time Definitely getting an infant seat - now I just need to buy & install

- Settle on some babywearing mechanism(s) Starting with a Moby style wrap, & we'll build from there

- Make some wipes (or call my mama to do that for me, more likely!) Mom is on the job! :)

- Thank God again for my gf that sent me her newborn/small diapers!

- Get / ask Mom to make a couple more diaper covers - see if I can't get her to sew some soakers from old sweaters or whip up some longies Yay Mom! And she's making a diaper bag for me as well.

- Set up a diaper pail / get and install a diaper sprayer / set up a changing station

- Need a wet bag!! Yay Mom!

- Decide exactly how we're going to handle co-sleeping - maybe get a baby bed of some sort, maybe get ourselves a larger mattress

- Figure out  which breast pump would work for me Finally have one in mind, after gathering advice and info

- Get some bottles to have on hand in case that becomes necessary & so dh and older dc will eventually get to feed

- Going to need somewhere for baby to chill when I'm not wearing him/her.. not sure which option to go with yet (bouncy seat? swing? ?)

- Keep talking about names - hope one comes to us before we fill in the paperwork

- Find "my breast friend". I know we have it somewhere... I love that thing! Boppy's just don't stay where I need them to be

Hopefully posting this all publicly will keep me focused and motivated! Weeks.. can't believe we're really down to weeks! Remember when we were all counting the days to being 12 weeks pg instead of having 12 weeks (or less!) left til birthdays?!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#4 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 02:47 PM

I think I'm actually making progress!!

taxes – personal/business - ugh... I've started, & have less than two weeks to finish. DH has said that if we want to send it all to an accountant that's ok with him so I have that out if we need it.

make a birth plan to go over with midwife tomorrow!

make wool covers & longies with MIL - haven't done this yet BUT purchased some Bummis SWW's on sale so those will tide me over.

figure out a wet?/dry? pail system for our cloth diapers - I have a bit of time on this one, as we have 7th Gen disposables for the first week or two if we want/need them.

finish renovating bathroom (DH & FIL) - we can shower now!  The walls are painted, light fixture is up, floor is installed, sink is installed.  Window, door, trim, accessories still to go.

Buy birth/kiddie pool & accessories if pool from midwives isn’t available - Our home visit is tomorrow so I should know this week what's available/what I need to buy.

Plan meals & stock freezer - in process. 

Get the house & yard really clean before May - Both sides of the family are coming on April 23 to do a big indoor/outdoor cleaning day!

Keep working on BAI "Herbs & Aromatherapy for Women" course that I started this summer before getting pregnant (2 assignments is my goal) - in process

Figure out what I need to do (& buy) to dry & encapsulate my placenta.

Buy good paper for a tree of life placenta print.

Get together with a friend to go through clothes & other baby supplies she has for us

Send shower guest list & contact info for all guests to my Mom

Buy blank CD's so I can burn my mix of birth music

Order lanolin for woolies

Order postpartum cloth pads

Make belly balm for me

p/u bassinet, bouncy chair, clothes from friend

make prefolds with MIL

find online & buy pure zinc oxide powder

get calendula oil infusing for baby care recipes

make diaper rash cream

make baby wash from black soap

make baby oil or lotion

find old sheets to prep bed

gather supplies for homebirth (incl. hospital transfer bag)

meet with doula

buy any essentials we're still missing - I think I have this covered...?

go through clothing cupboard at old workplace to collect good used newborn/baby clothes - I decided not to bother, since we have enough to start with and will surely receive clothing gifts once the Beaner arrives and we know who we have.

wash & sort newborn clothes

Ensure living room floor is reinforced well enough to hold birth pool! (DH & FIL) - Need to borrow a couple floor jacks from my FIL

Meet with supervisors at work to plan out my absence - I met with 1/3 of them, and am calling it good enough!!

Keep working through Pink Kit

Clean out/organize the deep freezer

(incl. cook down & can all the frozen tomatoes)

(incl. cook down all the chicken carcasses into broth)

Pre-Reg. at hospital in case of transfer -

#5 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 03:02 PM

Just did all the clothes sorting and diaper washing/ inventory

- get out breast pump and supplies
- make 6 nb and 6 small fitted diapers
- finish book slings for DDs room and create chalkboard paint framed space for wall
- sell 10 wonderoo one sized pockets with small and large inserts and hopefully get some cute wool knit fluff :)
- install carseat
- keep going with the pink kit - running a week and a half behind
- Pack hospital just in case bag
- order birth kit
- make grocery and meal lists for DH
- goodwill / house purge
- kitchen purge of everything we havent used or is expired

#6 of 75 Old 02-15-2011, 06:59 PM
tzs

oh man...i have no fun stuff on my list.

-transfer dd to a floor bed so i don't have a two-crib house

-paint dd's room....finally...so i can go ahead with transition...this includes scraping lead paint chips and painting trim, windows, 2 doorways, and ceiling, all of which are painted a hideous blue

-install fire alarms which i should have done 2 years ago when i moved in

-figure out who will watch dd (dh says he's taking her with where they will hang out together in the waiting room watching tv....nice....)

-hire once a week house cleaners

-have nervous breakdown

all that other stuff like packing bags and buying diapers and clothes, installing carseat... are just not happening until i need to get in the car to leave. any baby stuff dh can pick up at target once the kid is here.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#7 of 75 Old 02-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Get seat for toddler so bub can have convertible seat.

Dry and wet run of birth pool.

Lots of cleaning and decluttering.

Organise talllboy for bub's clothing and nappies.

Not much really. :)

#8 of 75 Old 02-17-2011, 07:20 AM

I was just doing this about a week ago. The really scary thing is that these babes are considered term at 37 weeks. That's just 9 weeks away! I think that's about when it really hit me that things gotta start moving in the list dept!

-Schedule hospital tour

-Make list of questions to ask on hospital tour

-Fill out and discuss birth plan with DH

-Talk to Midwife more about water birthing/infection prevention *sigh*

-Rearrange bedroom to make room for bassinette

-Pre-admit at hospital

-Unpack what's still packed and lying around here from our late Nov move. What's not needed now goes in storage to be dealt with later when there's more time. Most of this is done, but still a ways to go yet.

-Pack Hospital bag (not yet, probably around Mid-April I'll get to this one)

-Set up new playpen/changing table/bassinette that we just got last week

-Buy and install car seat

-Buy clothes! We are starting all over again both in age and gender, so we have next to nothing in this dept. Have quite a bit, but still could use loads more!

-Sort baby clothes and wash all blankets and bedding

-Sort and organize baby toys. Clean if needed. (they are in closet, but kinda just thrown there since the initial move)

-Buy Diapers/Wipes

-Keep working and keep finances up

-Tidy up all the rooms after the boxes have been dealt with. This includes washing down all surfaces, sweeping, vacuuming and whatnot

-Babyproof! Since we just moved in, it makes more sense to babyproof as we settle rather than to remember to do it later! Cover all ununsed plugs, put all things up high, secure shelves and so on.

-Get that darn shower running even if it requires hiring a plumber (Hubby is not having luck doing it himself.)

-Clean out and unpack baby bathtub, bath seat and other things we can reuse still from DS.

-Buy some bottles so DH and DS can feed baby, too.

-Decide if we need a new diaper bag or not

-Let DS shop for a special toy to welcome his sister with.

-Buy plain onesies and some fabric paint so DS can design a few shirts for DD to wear. :)

-Rent breast pump

-Tidy up cluttered areas (actually this is part of the whole finish moving in process, but I figure breaking it down into smaller chunks would avoid stress lol)

-Find and buy a baby sling for the days that strollers just won't cut it.

-Breathe! :)

#9 of 75 Old 02-17-2011, 08:17 AM

-Continue Baby Ed Classes

-Have Showers/Send Thank Yous

-Wash all baby clothes/diapers/bedding

-Set up/Get Bassinet

-Figure out the best place to put diapers/clothes until Early June

-Sew Nursing Cover

-Clean/Decorate Room (can't do this until after our exchange student leaves in early June)

-Start enforcing new rules for dogs so it's not all when baby gets here

-Make a labor/delivery day plan for dogs

-Make a labor/delivery day plan for Anais, exchange student

-Send monthly payment to doula so that it's not all in one chunk in May

-Set yearly Budget

-File Taxes

-Tour both potential hospitals

-Pick a hospital

-Find a new OBGYN since mine told me this week that she's no longer delivering

-Drink my RRL tea daily

-Make a baby sling

-Sell furniture that we no longer need

-Clean out the basement

-Clean all baby stuff, like tub and pump and bouncy seat

-Find a place for all baby stuff

-Get and set up car seat

-Find Pediatcian

-Cook and Freeze meals for first week with baby

-Figure out family phone tree

-Pre-admit at chosen hospital

-Finish Baby blanket

-Get books for after birth education

-House Purge/Donate to Goodwill

-Go to Le Leche League meetings

-Pack Hospital Bag> buy a cheap gown to wear during labor/delivery so I'm more comfortable

-Figure out wet bag/ diaper pail situation for cloth diapers

This is a really long list, yet I don't really feel stressed. go me! Very little of this has to get done before she's here and I figure what get done ahead of time is just bonus.

#10 of 75 Old 02-17-2011, 12:48 PM

I'm one of the first ones due in here (May 1st or 2nd) so I'm only 11 weeks away..maybe sooner, who knows!

take the hypnobirthing class(we are low on funds right now so I keep putting it off)

clean out the baby's closet(this is up to DH..it's all his JUNK that if I touched or got rid of he would probably kill me lol)

attend 2 baby showers..one on March 27th, one March 14th.

get a new mattress for DS and put the organic mattress in baby's room

wash all bedding, clothes, blankets, etc.

inventory diapers, make sure there is enough

I'd love to have the playroom complete, but again..that's going to be up to DH, he's got stuff that he has to do in there that I can't do.

start drinking RRL tea and order more prenatals..almost out!

figure out who is going to watch DS while I'm in labor (probably MIL)

get the bassinet from the inlaws and make sure I have enough sheets

inventory after the baby shower March 27th, fill in gaps

make a few freezer meals(not too many, I'm assured by family and friends that I'll have meals prepared for me for at least a month, which is fabulous!)

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#11 of 75 Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 AM

May 1st for me too... feels like any second now!!

- Fold and put away mountain of clothes on the futon in my room.

- Sell futon and get it out of here.

- Pull out crib and set up. 

- Order any parts needed.  

Awesome ex husband lost all the hardware cost about $100 to replace.  Invested $50 on a co-sleeper and calling it done.

- Hopefully find crib sheets with crib if not put on items needed list.

- Find a co-sleeper.

- Watch videos of birth with 3 y/o son to get him ready.

- Find baby doll for him for when his baby comes out too!

- Go through packed up clothes and see what I have.

- Check out diaper supply and start hinting to friends and family!!

- Find a car seat.

- Check breast pump and parts.

- Find volunteers to check up on us after birth.  (very alone!)

- Get some meals in the freezer.

- Taxes

- Register for fall semester.

- Talk a family member into flying out west for the birth.

- Set up plan with my son's papa for him attending the birth but possibly needing to pick him up etc.

- Confirm support for son and for me. (crazy this is on my list...repeatedly)

- Stop feeling so alone and know that many people love you and are there to support you!

- I'm forgetting stuff!!

- Set someone up to come watch son if I go into labor in the middle of the night.  

- Pack a bag for birth center.

- Super charge cherish this time I have alone with my son!

#12 of 75 Old 02-21-2011, 03:44 PM

-set up co-sleeper (need it ready when we get home, need to be able to get up to pee while huge many many times a night before that)

-set up diaper stash (still waiting on new organic kissa 0s) in our room and on change table to share with brother

-pack hospital bag

-buy hospital snacks (including dark beer)

-pack son's bag for visiting if baby comes before Nanna

-get car seat in friends car in case of visit

-playdates at friends to get son used to visiting

-get bucket seat for new baby from friend

-get buck seat into car of friend who will drive us home

-wrap big brother present (Ikea tool set)

-get freezer organized and full of easy food

-get announcement stuff all together, addressed etc.

-house hunt (we are moving this summer)  

-get all the new baby stuff that is not clothing out of the crib and put away

-read up on tandem nursing so I have a bag of tricks

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#13 of 75 Old 02-22-2011, 09:53 AM - Thread Starter

well, i was able to cross a few things off my list (boy does that feel good).  however, i also added a couple.  nothing too time consuming luckily.

good luck with your lists ladies.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#14 of 75 Old 02-26-2011, 03:55 PM

Just to bump it up a little and send a friendly reminder to everyone.

I've only been able to cross one thing off so far but these next two weeks should be pretty busy with getting stuff done.

#15 of 75 Old 03-10-2011, 08:47 PM

I have a couple of things in the works at least... school has been very time consuming.  Crazy how I could be having this baby next month!!!! Whaaaaa????

#16 of 75 Old 03-10-2011, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

just reviewed my list and was pleasantly surprised to discover that i could cross off three things.  hooray!

there are a couple that are semi-done.  all but one pair of my new curtains have been hemmed and hung.  still have to plan dd's birthday party, but i did get the evite sent out today (party is a month from today).

at this point, i feel like i should be trying to cross off at least one thing a day.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#17 of 75 Old 03-11-2011, 12:38 AM

8 6 or 7 5 just under 4  less than 3 weeks to go... and I have some super-basic stuff now, I'd be okay if s/he showed up.  NOTHING for the baby except a blanket 2 blankets that friends knitted/crocheted. 2 blankets, cloth wipes, and an Ergo baby carrier.

to buy:

• my midwife's birth kit  purchased! (plus a washable underpad and lasinoh)
  • other birth supplies (shower curtains, extra fitted sheets, etc - my midwife gave me a list) - Got used sheets/rags from a friend's aunt who used to be a L&D nurse, still need to put in an order w/amazon and inhishands for mattress protectors, extra plastic sheeting, cheapie receiving blankets etc. and find some CHEAP towels.
  • birthing pool (setup, test, etc) - borrowing a kiddie pool, just need the accessory kit from waterbirth solutions! ordered!
  • cloth diapers (prefolds? thinking about http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/tryclothfor10/newborntryclothdiapersfor10 and a single pack of newborn disposables [for the meconium poo],
  • clothing (very minimal at first, a layette set is on the midwife's birth checklist)
  • changing pad and wetbags, cloth wipes (diaper bucket?)
  • breast pump and glass bottles
  • Ergo baby w/insert and/or moby or other wrap/carrier/sling
  • cloth post-partum pads and breast pads
  • stock up on munchies for labor (meat, veggies, fruit and chocolate for me, vegan stuff for midwife), coconut water, etc find someone to go grocery shopping whenever labor begins (we decided this would be an AWESOME idea).
  • vodka and olives - dirty martini for my midwife after delivery!
  • orthopedic wedge to help position hips/legs/baby  Midwife said a rolled up towel would work just as well, if not better - yay!
  • more red raspberry leaf tea + proper teapot

legal/work (I work in law):

• finalize living will/revocable trust paperwork
  • draw up medical power of attorney for DP, just in case. - Get it notarized!
  • find a fill-in for two weeks (DP will fill in for me for a few months, but we want 2 weeks alone w/baby - boss is also totally fine with baby @ work as long as I can do my job)
  • deposit paychecks - Started. (I am behind due to cash flow issues with a client)
  • see if boss will help out with midwife/lab/other costs (once I was preggo, he told me to look up health insurance, unfortunately individual insurance doesn't work that way - that's a subject for a different thread)
  • Prep as much newborn passport paperwork as possible (travelling to Scotland for DP's brother's wedding in July)

household:

• sort piles of e-bay craigslist stuff, photograph it all (I can post ads later, this is the part that takes lots of time!)
  • get rid of more clothing/shoes - donate okay, this is an everlasting battle, but...
  • Ship/drop off items that belong or are being given to friends
  • TONS of sorting, scanning, and shredding of old paperwork - have been working on this!
  • Organize/give away craft/knitting supplies - and this!
  • clip cat claws - well, okay, this is recurring, but... (time for this again)
  • talk to next door neighbor about taking cats during labor, if necessary (we don't think it will be, but...)
  • backup birth partner - have one who's father is ill, possibly get a second?
  • clean out freezer, stock with easy meals
  • find out what midwife likes to eat, make sure to have it on hand for labor/delivery - covered above
  • finish IKEA crazy assembly/installation/mounting - this is happening this week!

Other:

• Pick up girl scout cookies for troop, get 8 cases home, deliver to people that ordered/wanted them
  • Finish Registry (even though I don't think anyone will read it)
  • Anatomy Scan - decided not to do this
  • Glucose tolerance test
  • GBS test - NEXT MONDAY (keep on the probiotics, eat lots of yogurt, drink lots of unsweetened cranberry & garlic!) NEGATIVE!
  • send 3 day food log (cell phone pics) to midwife
  • actually get my butt into a yoga and/or belly dance class
  •  

Ongoing:

• remember to weigh self and record for midwife
  • swimming 1-3x a week, brisk 30min walking every day
  • taking vitamins, probiotics, EPO and RRL tea
  • daily positioning exercises

oh man, that's a lot to do.

#18 of 75 Old 03-11-2011, 10:10 AM

7-11 weeks left... ACK!! I can't believe we're this close!

I'm 28 years old and I've yet to decide if to do lists stress me out more or help me stay focused. Nevertheless, here we go...

• DS's birthday party (this weekend)
  • Doula Meeting (Tuesday)
  • Buy a new (to us) car
  • Finish unpacking/organizing from move
  • Finish mama cloth pads
  • Buy XS Fuzzi Bunz
  • Buy enough small inserts for new FB stash
  • Buy dresser
  • Organize newborn clothes
  • Pack hospital bag
  • Pack kids' stuff to go to my parents' house while we have baby

I know this can't be all of it... It's a long list as it is though... I'm just glad April is going to be quieter than March. Every weekend in March is taken. 

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#19 of 75 Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM

OK... I have an afternoon off and I finally sat down to a little nesty listmaking... If only the task completion was as much fun as the listmaking!!!

I also sketched out a schedule of most things.  I'm going to post it for accountability sake.  Holy crap I'm a little blown away by this!!!

March:

Taxes

Finish cleaning out furnace room (DH)

Clip Cat Claws

Clean clean clean for shower

write birth plan

April:

have shower (ask for five people to volunteer to bring a meal in first two weeks, schedule at shower)

buy birth kit supplies

see what's not purchased on registry, purchase necessary items

purchase 2 nursing bras & 2 nursing tanks

get itunes library back onto computer and ipod

create relaxation tracks cd for labor

clean out cars

buy breast pump

contact roofers for bidding on work that needs to be done

buy exercise bike for home

window treatments for bedroom

pre-register at the hospital

clean the fridge

FMLA paperwork

pack go-bag (hopefully not needed)

organize and wash baby clothes

get baby clothes from a friend

get more prenatals

hose attachment for birth pool filling

May:

do some freezer cooking/make room in freezers

wash the pack and play, set up

make chore description sheets for "helpers" after birth

confirm food help

birth snacks and shopping trip

birth pool and kit setup

diaper solution for downstairs

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#20 of 75 Old 03-11-2011, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

alright i am adding things to my list that i'm making because i have done things that were on my mental list but didn't actually write a list out...maybe i will feel more accomplished that way. hahaha!

11 weeks left here:

-help haye pick out a present for his baby sister

-buy haye a big brother present

set up and sidecar crib to bed

-tell my mom we are homebirthing. eek!

-fix elastic in diapers

-buy "clean" laundry detergent for diapers

do taxes

-finish the semester

-finish all word ruckus projects (uh...i have like 80 things to sew and make by march 25th. yikes)

-get carseat installed

go through haye's clothes and get rid of what he doesn't fit

-buy more RRL tea

-SEND BIRTH BEADS (tomorrow, i hope)

-clean the house top to bottom and maintain it

wash and sort baby clothes by age

-finish homeschool registration

-talk to midwives about delayed cord clamping

-read some books about birth :/

-rent birth tub through midwives

-gather homebirth supplies

-pack emergency transfer bag

-return homebirth material

-watch more birth videos with haye

-make birth mix CDs

-figure out what we are going to feed our midwives when i'm in labour

-stock the fridge and pantry up with healthy snacks and treats

-organize records so i know where all my favourites are 

-buy pads

-organize sewing room

-make prefolds

-finish baby shoes

-clean car

-rake the yard

-pay midwives for missed appointment and boric acid capsules

-get a wet bag

mama to 8 year old h  and 3 year old z

#21 of 75 Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Holy crap, those are some long lists!  We don't have much left to do.

Paint guest room

Finish guest bathroom renovation

Organize baby's closet

Taking birthing center tour (scheduled for April)

Install the car seat

Get baby's gift to give to DD (a stuffed pony)

Enjoy the last 8 weeks of my last pregnancy!

Pack hospital bag (will do this in April... late April)

Pack DD's overnight bag in case she has to go to a friend's house before family can get here

Buy Medela PIS replacement parts

I need to finish a big project at work, but that shouldn't take me longer than a couple weeks.  And, that's about it.  Baby clothes are all washed and put away.  Though some friends are throwing a shower for me at the end of the month, so I'll be doing a load or 2 more of sweet baby clothes then.  I am really looking forward to the guest room and guest room bathroom renovations.  We are going to have soooooo many visitors, and I'm excited for them to have a nice place to stay.  Not that there's anything wrong with the rooms.  We're mainly just painting, upgrading fixtures, etc.

We also plan to have our house professionally cleaned from top to bottom in late April or early May.  They are doing everything - cleaning window tracks, cleaning screens, deep cleaning bathrooms and kitchens, etc.  I can't wait!!!! 

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#22 of 75 Old 03-15-2011, 06:42 AM

These lists are making me panic! I can't even bring myself to type mine out lol

I told my NP the last appointment that I hoped to have everything acomplished by 41 weeks and she laughed at me and said, "Plan for 39 weeks and if your baby is late enjoy the  time where you aren't doing anything." But 39 weeks- that so soon!!! /freakout

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#23 of 75 Old 03-15-2011, 06:54 AM

Breathe :)

I know, I'm with you, I just came up with my list on Friday and it has only made me realize how LITTLE time there is left.  But hey... in the grand scheme of things, the baby can come without everything getting done.  It's just a guidepost.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#24 of 75 Old 03-15-2011, 08:26 AM

I started freaking out over my very long list until I made a spreadsheet that broke the list down into three or four things a week. I made sure to distribute some of the more overwhelming ones (clean out the basement) with the easier tasks (send doula her check) and that has really made it all feel manageable.

#25 of 75 Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Hmmmm... I was able to cross a few things off my list today, but unfortunately some of those things were mostly wishful thinking on my part apparently, and I crossed them off in an attempt to let them go. Hopefully that will actually work. :) Mixed feelings.

We brought some stuff out of storage for the baby home yesterday, and I was suddenly hit with just how SMALL this place really is... Dh is the master organizer, and he's only here one full day a week - a day neither of us wants to commit to organizing! But I'm getting bursts of nesting that are driving me crazy. I'm just really wondering if we CAN stay here - read *stand to stay here* - until this LO shows up. If we can't... well that's a whole other list I'll be writing!!

LOTS of mixed feelings.

So I'm focusing on "the baby will come either way; this is just a guidepost" (thank you Annaconda! :) ) and thinking since spreadsheets are beyond me at this stage, for many reasons, :), maybe if I show this list to dh he'll have some combination "how to do this" & reality check advice for me.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#26 of 75 Old 03-16-2011, 09:59 PM

Crossed some more off but added a couple too!

#27 of 75 Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 PM

bump.gif

I was able to cross off a few things - how's everyone else doing?

#28 of 75 Old 03-21-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

These lists are making me panic! I can't even bring myself to type mine out lol

I told my NP the last appointment that I hoped to have everything acomplished by 41 weeks and she laughed at me and said, "Plan for 39 weeks and if your baby is late enjoy the  time where you aren't doing anything." But 39 weeks- that so soon!!! /freakout

OMG, I don't even want to think about getting everything done by 39 weeks!!!  That gives me 5.5 weeks.  Yikes.  Ugh, I haven't crossed anything off my list, but I knew I wouldn't be able to cross much off until mid-April.  I did add some house-cleaning chores to it.  Though we are having a cleaning service to come out a week before my due date to do a top-to-bottom house cleaning.  I can't wait!!!  Gotta clean up the clutter beforehand though... whistling.gif

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#29 of 75 Old 03-22-2011, 06:38 AM

Yeah. I am getting my house professionally cleaned also. We're moving in July or August so it has to be done to get it ready for renters. I am so scared.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#30 of 75 Old 03-22-2011, 12:21 PM

My list seems so long arg!

clean house (deep clean)

unpack ALL boxes (we just moved March 1 and we still have a TON of boxes to unpack)

Organize everything so everything has a place (part of moving/unpacking)

donate to goodwill (donate the crap we moved that we should have donated before we moved)

consign baby bedding

organize garage (put up shelves, hang bikes)

wash all diapers

wash baby clothes

buy bottles

buy medela pump stuff (shields, tubing, bottles)

Beginning of May make freezer meals (chili, soup, lasagna, enchiladas)

plant veggies

read birthing books (really need to get on this..)

write birth plan

pack hospital bag

buy breast pads

sew baby wipes

sew baby changing pad

set up cosleeper

buy cosleeper sheets

sew big brother/little brother shirts

buy Ryland a carseat

wash carseat, install carseat, wash stroller

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page