Anyone else can't stand wearing bras lately? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Since about half way through the pregnancy I've hated wearing anything that cuts into me at all. I've been going for generally stretchy skirts/pants/leggings and I even went out and replaced half of my underwear because it was 'suddenly' uncomfortable.

In the last month, I can't stand wearing bras. Even no wire bras, stretchy bras, sports tanks or anything that hits the line where my 'underboob' meets my stomach (which is now anything under the breast). Fortunately I'm not leaking yet, because that would be unfortunate. :)

My husband thinks this is awesome. Just wondering if anyone else is going through a bra-less phase.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 PM

yes, but i'm doing a tank-top undershirt type thing. i can't really do totally bra-less, because my nipples are so sensitive that it makes me jump whenever something brushes against them. i need just a little protection, LOL!

but i hear you on the not wanting anything binding. i can wear my stretchy nursing bra for most of the day, but i keep tugging and pulling at the band. annoying.

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 02-26-2011, 12:49 PM

I've taken to wearing my sleeping bra. It's still annoying, but I have to wear something because my nipples are GINORMOUS. I'm already wearing layers of shirts, and even with the sleeping bra you can still see NIPPLES!! but it's better than nothing. The sleeping bra is great cause it doesn't really bind anywhere, which is the issue. Maybe cause that's where our stomachs are now? orngtongue.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 02-26-2011, 09:17 PM
tzs

one word....no, three words......target nursing tanks. i have the "shelf" version although i think they make a version without a bra part at all.

i've been wearing mine ever since dd was born and i'm not even nursing anymore. i just can't let them hang anymore, even at night, and these are so comfy and pretty darn supposrtive. it's on my list to get some fresh ones for this time around!

plus, they're the best for post-partum anyway because your size changes so much over a few weeks (and they're tender) and you never know where you're going to end up.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
Old 02-27-2011, 06:16 AM

My breasts are too large to not wear a bra.  I wear sleeping bras during the day when I'm at home, but have to suck it up, and put up with underwire at work.  My problem is getting it on!  It's very hard to fasten (back fasteners) and then turn it around.  Two more months?

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 02-27-2011, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

I'm too big to go bra less as well and also have to have 'something' covering or I get the same sensitive jumpiness. My big problem is nothing fits anymore! My poor sleep bra isn't even cutting it. I have 2 nursing bras headed my way though so that will hopefully be better. I'm already leaking some though so I really need to get those larger bras here and my nursing pads (on their way too).

Michelle mom to DD , DS , & lil DD plus and spending my days
Old 02-27-2011, 03:57 PM

i second the target nursing tanks.... i abandoned all my "real" bras months ago and live in sports bras and my target tanks and sleep bras.  i used to go braless before dd and then i discovered sleep nursing bras so i never have the desire to go without anymore.  

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Old 03-01-2011, 07:21 PM

Ok, I'm just trying to catch up to some threads here, but this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelgeek View Post

My husband thinks this is awesome.

Just made me laugh out loud! ROTFLMAO.gif That is so cute that your husband is loving that!!

And can I just say that while my belly seems SO much bigger than so many of yours - based on the belly photo thread, and maybe not necessarily you mamas here - I've never been so grateful to have such small breasts. Even when I'm nursing I *might* hit a sort of B+ cup. And I didn't even know target had nursing tanks! Thanks for the info!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:49 PM

All my bras and underwear are leaving red lines.  I feel like I just need to find a whole-body spanx for pregnant women, because I can't go without the bra or belly support.

Still-learning wife to long-suffering and wonderful DH and manoula to DS #1 (8/09), an angel baby (7/10), and DD #1 due May 29!
Old 03-02-2011, 07:57 PM

A spanx-style belly support sounds so much more comfortable than the support thing I'm using. That would be lovely.

Old 03-02-2011, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

I'd be down with a full body hoist that just drove me around town while naked at this stage. ;)

Old 03-03-2011, 07:49 AM

Quote:

I'd be down with a full body hoist that just drove me around town while naked at this stage. ;)

Haha, I'm almost at that point.  I love my boobs--during pregnancy and nursing are the only times I actually HAVE boobs--but I hate my bra.  I kind of have to wear one since I work with students all day (teenage boys tend to stare).  The nursing bra isn't so bad but the band still feels like it's cutting me in half.  Even worse are my pants--when will someone invent maternity pants for women who actually MOVE?  Mine are always falling down.  I keep looking for short dresses I can wear with leggings, but for some reason I can't find much.  So I'm constantly hoisting my pants up all day--really classy eyesroll.gif

Old 03-03-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:

So I'm constantly hoisting my pants up all day--really classy eyesroll.gif

yeahthat.gif My husband has suggested suspenders, for which he got a glare, but I'm seriously considering it. Hiking my pants up on the train station cause they fall down when I walk gets me some really strange stares.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 03-03-2011, 10:11 AM

heh - I too am hiking my pants up constantly... and I too can't stand my bras anymore.  I'm wearing tanktops all the time now.  :)

****5****10****15****20****25****30*@**35 ****40
Due May 4th!
Old 03-03-2011, 10:48 AM

I thought I was the only one with pants constantly falling off, I HATE the underbelly pants.  This is the first preg. that I've worn them and I can't keep them on.  I have one pair of jeans with the over the belly panel and even though they make me belly itch, I don't feel like my rear end is showing b/c they stay up.   I'm only 7 months along and have already retired one pair of jeans b/c I can't move w/o them falling down.  So much for getting through the whole pregnancy, what a waste of money.

Oh and bras, every afternoon by the time I'm making dinner the bra is tossed off, can't stand them either.  I plan on getting some tanks from Target, guess I should get some now and wear them before baby arrives.

-Becky
DH 10/01, DS 1/04, DS 1/06, DS 5/09 (born sleeping), DD 4/11
Old 03-04-2011, 07:01 PM

I just tried these on today and was in heaven. Gilligan and O'Malley sleep bra

Also got one of the Gilligan and O'Malley long tanks and it was great. I'm between a C and D at the moment in those bras. Pre-preggo I'm an A cup. I guess my babies just really like lots of milk. LOL

BTW - I found those at Target.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Old 03-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:

lol.gif And then I imagine the therapy bills for my children.... ;)

My underbelly pants stay up no problem... but then what I lack in breast I more than make up for in booty, so it's getting them off that's a challenge! lol.gif

I did find some soft, not-quite-sweats-but-very-comfy-overbelly-panel-having pants at Target that at the time I imagined I would be wearing if I had a job outside the home.... while my underbelly jeans stay up fine, I can't sit in them for more than an hour at the most or both Baby and I start flipping out like we're being hog-tied. Not sure what flies for you ladies with the pants falling off with where you're going, but they don't look like sweats at all, and came in grey and black, if not a few other colors as well. Very affordable too.

I am SO looking forward to spending a bit of our tax return at Target! :)

User Tag List