Increased hip discomfort - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-28-2011, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi- are any of you ladies suddenly feeling like your pelvic bones are really shifting? I've had the on-off sacro-iliac issues but this weekend my lower back and hip bones were really achy.  I went to the chiropractor this morning and he said I was really all out of alignment but that is to be expected.  I think since this is my 3rd pregnancy that things are a lot looser than with the prior two kiddos. I felt great after the adjustment but really achy tonight.  That usually happens for me after a major adjustment so I hope that is the case.

Any suggestions for the pelvic pain?  I think the baby is mostly hanging out head down so that may be contributing to some of this. We did some stretches as part of my prenatal yoga class that really seemed to help my back but I can't remember the sequence of stretches we did leading up to it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2011, 08:08 PM

YES! It's at it's worst right when I get up from sitting. I find that walking helps keep everything a little more friendly down there.

Old 02-28-2011, 09:22 PM

I have the same thing when I get up after sitting for a while I walk all funny cause I'm stiff and sore. I also snap crackle pop when I roll over. Chiro is helping, I wish I could afford to go more than once a week.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:07 AM

I notice mine at night - the hip I'm lying on will be achy when I wake up to pee, so I switch sides after I come back to bed.  And when I sit up from lying down, it's like I can feel everything shifting and sliding in there.  SO weird.  I am fine by day, though, thankfully.  Occasionally if I do a lot of bending and standing up (i.e. picking up mountains of toys in the family room!) I get a bit of pain on the right side (which I majorly injured somehow in my last pregnancy) but if I just rest it goes away again...so far, at least *crosses fingers*  I see my osteopath once a month and she seems to be keeping anything worse at bay.

User Tag List