Chat Thread Feb 28-March6 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-04-2011, 03:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello!I'm back now that my Dh is taking on my paper routes! I can officially BE pregnant!!!!!! Adjusting is harder than I thought.I'm having to remember how to self-direct my time and attention and energies. I'm SOOOOOO happy to get to focus on bonding with baby and preparing the younger kids for a birth and new baby and whipping the house into shape! Wooooo Hoooooo! Now I just need to learn how to retain some energy in the midst of these braxton-hicks all the time! They are wearing me out! I need more naps.= More reading time with the kids.Hmmmmm, what's a good classic?

Anyway,I've missed being here,and I'm exited to catch up and see how everyone's doing!

:::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 07:21 AM

dd slept by herself in her big bed last night and did AMAZING!  i am kind of in shock... i really thought it would be a tough transition since she's spent every night of her almost 3 years except for one within arms reach of me.  dh brought it up over lunch and she seemed into it so we talked about it in the afternoon and then i pulled out a tot clock that i won several months ago.  she really liked the idea of it being blue and night and turning yellow when the sun came up.  she was hilarious because 5 minutes after she went to bed she came back out and asked if the sun was up and then she did it again at 12:30 :)  the most amazing thing is that i have laid down with her every night while she falls asleep but last night i tucked her in and she sent me to my bed to fall asleep. lol.gif  and it only took her maybe 20 min to fall asleep on her own!

we'll see how the rest of the week goes but it's looking like the only one this is difficult for is me!  i shed a tear or two last night because i missed having her next to me but at least there were none from her.  it's so amazing watching her develop into a little independent being!!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 AM

Got started on my "list" yesterday. Went to Walmart and picked up an 18 pack of terry washcloths. Went to JoAnn's Fabric and picked up some flannel, some stretchy t-shirt material and some snaps and a snap attachers. I made my first cloth pad last night. It was so easy and fun (and cute!) I don't know why I didn't do this years ago! A friend of mine teased that I was headed to family cloth... yeah that's where I draw the line. I love DH with all my heart, but I refuse to clean his poo while he is able to clean it himself! The stretchy t-shirt material is going to be turned into two moby-style wraps. We had company in the new place last night. Around 5, his mom called wanting to stop by. At 5:15, my parents called wanting to stop by. We had 11 people in our house last evening! It was nice for them to see the new place. Even though we all live in the same city, we're like on the outskirts of town and it's an hour from my mom's (current) house to ours.

While wrestling DS into a shopping cart yesterday, I had a full blown contraction. It nearly brought me to my knees. It's killing me that simple things like going to the chiropractor then running a few errands is wearing me out. I find it humerous that DH finds those times to tell me, "Don't overdo it." Yeah, it's already overdone.

Oh, and little bit finally has a middle name. Josiah Morgan. Morgan is the last name of my mother's biological family, who she found last Thanksgiving.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 03-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

that's a cute name!! i have friends who just named their son josiah :) 

i can't believe i am almost 29 weeks...holy smokes. down to midwife appts. every 3 weeks instead of 5! (so that i meet with a different midwife each time because they are one week on one week off as far as who is attending births and who is in the office). :) i'm getting excited! i think i'll sign our home birth paperwork next appointment and talk about delayed cord clamping....eek. i'm so excited for this baby. 

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 03-05-2011, 02:26 PM

Houston, we have colostrum!! LOL!  Not sure when exactly it came in, since I never thought to check before today :P  It has kind of lit a fire under me - we have a LOT to get tidied up and readied! 

We also ended up on an impromptu drive today.  We headed down the road to the cottages where we will be having the baby and spending our babymoon, to make sure we can find the place.  We went without a map or even checking the website beforehand (like I said, impromptu!) but we found it anyway - we drove past what I thought *might* be  the road based on memory, and ended up circling back there after a few minutes.  Found it no sweat, and got our landmarks so we know what to watch for as we lead up to the turnoff.  So that's one little job done :)  It's pretty and peaceful and the kids are going to have a blast running around the place.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM

i think that sounds absolutely LOVELY. what a great idea! i am looking so forward to a home birth. i just keep imagining a warm, spring day with the windows open and a slight breeze blowing and the pool set up in the living room and the records on and the RRL tea brewing... *sigh*

Old 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM

The cottage is more by necessity than choice, really - it's either birth at a cottage (or the local small hospital, not my preference) with midwives there, or go to the big tertiary care hospital with a family doctor here (or UC, which is not really for me).  I would like to just stay right here and have the midwives come to me like with DS2's home birth, but unfortunately it's not going to happen this time around :(  But it will be great - just more logistics than at home :P

I fully count on cold, damp rain for birth-day here.  That's what it was like the day DS2 was born (exact same time of year).  I knew several people all waiting on babies at the time, and we all went within 24 hours of each other (actually, 4 of the 5 were within like 9.5 hours!!) - brought on by the rain, I guess!  Your scenario sounds far more appealing, ryleeee :P  I had a summer babe with DS1 but by the time I went into labour, it was late at night and kind of chilly outside, so I didn't get a lot of opportunity for fresh-air labouring with that baby, either.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:56 AM

Home birth sounds so nice and peaceful. At least my OB approved my non-invasive birth plan. I think it's going to be warm and humid when Josiah gets here. FL. Gotta love it.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 03-06-2011, 09:20 AM

we have found the doula of our dreams! love.gif she is going to be the lay midwife i've always wanted....she's not a midwife, but a midwife's assistant and doula. her approach reminds me of the midwives at The Farm. she came to our house yesterday and stayed for a couple hours so we could chat and get to know one another. at one point i asked DH if we should "talk about it and get back to her" and he exclaims, "why?! no need. i think we know now!" i was so happy to see him really pleased and sensing the value this woman will bring to our birthing.

the way things have turned out, my CNM who delivered my daughter 10 years ago is not really connecting with us this time. even DH commented that she didn't even say hello to him when he came for the 20 week u/s. and now, my midwife's practice wants to ship me off to one of their OBs because i'm a VBAC (second time!). if i end up at the birth center, who knows who will be delivering my baby! on the other hand, the new doula is going to refer me to a previous client's OB who delivers at the same birth center. she loved this OB and said she was certain she was a midwife because of the way she approached the birth.

has anyone changed practices this far into pregnancy?

i'm feeling so happy today, and hopeful. must be the new moon!

xoxo

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:42 AM

BHappy - I switched at 34 weeks with my 2nd and didn't regret it one bit!

Dh is freaking out that I haven't bought the homebirth supplies yet - we had a follow up level 2 (kidney thing - not serious) on Friday that shows the babe measuring 3 weeks ahead. The one at 24 weeks did, too (I'm 32 weeks today). According to the ultrasound, he weighs over 5lbs already. Yikes. Now hubby is convince the baby's gonna come early...we'll see!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

has anyone changed practices this far into pregnancy?

I am 32 weeks tomorrow and I am in the process of changing practices. It's been stressful but I think it'll end up being for the best.

I hope your situation works out as well as ours has.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM

We are under contract on a house with a possession date of mid April. The day before I am 37 weeks. I am probably insane.

At 32 weeks my little one is not heads down. When not somersaulting the preferred location is along the bottom of my belly, stretching in a very painful way. I have had to lie down it hurts so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryleeee View Post

i'd like a diaper sprayer but that will come i'm sure before the baby is here. i'm also buying 8 fuzzi bunz off my friend for $40 so i think we'll pretty much have all the diapers we need...what do you guys think? for now anyways?

I work at a cloth diaper store doing customer service.

-You don't need a diaper sprayer as long as you are exclusively nursing. BF poo is water soluble and will wash right out. Some people do like it for a post-partum spritz.

-Bum Genius will start to fit at about 10lb. Only very big babies fit Small Fuzzi bunz right away and the one size will also have fit problems at the beginning. All great diapers, just not for newborns. Sounds like you have a solid stash though. I would hold off on any more bigger diapers until your baby arrives and you know their shape and what you like.

-You may want to look into finding some infant prefolds and covers. If you have people near you who cloth diaper, this is the kind of thing that gets lent out most often. You can also look at a cloth diaper service.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

Old 03-06-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:

I work at a cloth diaper store doing customer service.

-You don't need a diaper sprayer as long as you are exclusively nursing. BF poo is water soluble and will wash right out. Some people do like it for a post-partum spritz.

-Bum Genius will start to fit at about 10lb. Only very big babies fit Small Fuzzi bunz right away and the one size will also have fit problems at the beginning. All great diapers, just not for newborns. Sounds like you have a solid stash though. I would hold off on any more bigger diapers until your baby arrives and you know their shape and what you like.

-You may want to look into finding some infant prefolds and covers. If you have people near you who cloth diaper, this is the kind of thing that gets lent out most often. You can also look at a cloth diaper service.

ahh! thanks :D

i will definitely look into some prefolds...the diaper service in our town shut down. wheee...

i think that i can easily make prefolds :) 

Old 03-07-2011, 05:48 AM

I'll second the fact that you don't need a sprayer until you start on solids. As far as number of diapers, we're buying at least 2 dozen, maybe more XS Fuzzi Bunz and inserts, we have a collection of smalls and larges from DS1. We're hoping to be using cloth from the first minute. This will be a first for us. We used Seventh Generation until DS1 could fit into the FB.

2 week visit today... I'm seeing the midwife so hopefully it will be fairly painless. Then, shopping! joy.gif DH said I could get a couple outfits to prevent the Sunday Morning Meltdowns over what to wear to church.

Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM

Did the May 2011 DDC Die? I am sad that when I check in here, there are hardly any new posts. Where did everyone go?

heartbeat.gif Expecting a baby boy May 10th!
Old 03-10-2011, 12:09 PM

It's been a little slow lately, but there is also a new chat thread every week, you just posted in the one from last week smile.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

User Tag List