Third Trimester Complaint Department - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 03-08-2011, 10:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

more irritable

cannot sleep through the night without getting up and eating a huge amount of food. Seriously. it's so frustrating. I go like 5 hours and have to get up and eat. It doesn't matter if I eat before bed either. Oh and I eat plenty of protein.

pubic bone/hip pain when baby moves a certain way

baby kicks hard and moves constantly, getting a little annoying

generally more tired

Overall though, I feel much better this pregnancy than with my first. I at least don't have heartburn all the time like I did with my son. I was so miserable pregnant with him. I think it's because this baby is much lower.

I do have the lower pelvic pressure after a busy active day. I feel like the baby is about to just pop out. She's been head down for weeks now.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#32 of 41 Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 PM

i forgot to add the right before bed baby hiccuping cycle we've gotten into...

and swollen lady bits. looks funny, feels funny, just overall weird.

tailbone pain..having a hard time sitting down for too long..

and bending over to pick up toys, laundry, messes, changing diapers..crap like that. Makes second trimester sound so blissful!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#33 of 41 Old 03-08-2011, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenMT View Post

Let's see...

Ranked #1 and #2 would be leg cramps/restless leg issues and the exhaustion that comes with 3rd tri anemia.  The leg cramps are a nightly occurrence and most nights they wake me 2x but there are other nights where I am up 3-4 nights and that just stinks.  The exhaustion, that hits me like a freight train right around 3pm every day is also just plain horrible.  3pm is when my kids kick it into whiney, annoying, "we're hungry" mode and I really need to be on my A-game to make it through snack/homework/play/supper/baths and bed time.  I typically only do one cup of black tea in the AM and then herbal RRL and water but I've been drinking a cup of green tea a lot of days at 3pm to just make it through.

I highly recommend taking a liquid calcium supplement right before bed and not with iron at the same time.  It helps my leg cramps a ton!

As for my complaints...

I would like to be able to breathe again...this baby is up in my ribcage a lot and I'm just now getting to 30 weeks.  I'm not sure how I'm going to breathe these last 10 weeks.

I would love to have my varicose veins go away...my right leg looks SO HORRIBLE...it really is disgusting...and my girly bits are swollen too. UGH!

I would like to be able to eat a little bit more at a time...and wish that my appetite would stay this small after baby comes(it never does...I'm usually starving within 10 minutes of giving birth).

I want my brain back and my hormones to be normal again...I've been so forgetful this pregnancy and my patience is non existent which is not good with 3 other kids to take care of.

And one not related to pregnancy...

I'm SO done with winter and high winds...I wish spring were coming soon, but living in Alaska means at least a month more till spring, probably more like 2 months...

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#34 of 41 Old 03-09-2011, 09:51 AM

Evergreen- I can so relate to the weight gain complaint.  I don't know what I am up to but I think around 25 lbs or so at 30w.  I only gained 29 with DS total.  And yes, many people have commented that I would have such a hard time losing it as I get older. Grrrrrrr...... thanks for pointing out that I am now old & fat...

Yes, swollen lady bits and one tiny varicose vein down there that pops out when I am standing too long.  Please stay tiny and don't invite friends.  *sigh*

almost 10 weeks more, really?

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

#35 of 41 Old 03-09-2011, 10:44 AM

I am having some of these issues also, but I wanted to give some feedback that may help. This is my second pregnancy, and my first I also had problems with my Uterus felling heavy and tired at the end of the day. This time someone suggested I buy a maternity belt and it has helped tremendously. It helps my back as well...because it keeps your uterus closer to the body and so it doesn't hang forward as much during the day. 

Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu2000 View Post

I know there is another 3rd Trim. thread, but I am dedicating this one to all the little new weird symptoms (bad and good!?) that suddenly seem to be a part of my life!  It dawned on me a few days ago: "This must be the beginning of 3rd trimester...!  and it is --!" 

So here I am, new complaints as follows:

• More fatigue during the day / get tired more quickly after "doing stuff" (darn!!!)
  • prone to vaginal/urinary bacterial issues (burny/itchy)
  • Heartburn turned up to the next notch of misery and "no rhyme or reason" except always at night
  • More frequent bouts of moderate dizziness: Electrolyte imbalance?  Low blood pressure??  getting electrolytes/salts/minerals into my system and lying down with feet up seems to alleviate but still not sure what this is all about
  • Braxton-Hicks seem to come on at slightest provocation (any kind of strain -- bending, sitting w/bad posture, standing for a long time, tiniest bit of stress!)
  • WAY more gassy/burpy/bloaty!  
  • Hair and nails taken another turn for the worst, acting frizzier/untameable and more brittle than ever.
  • Lower abdomen feels "tired" and has very uncomfortable pressure at the end of the day -- poss related to bladder/bloating issues??  Hard to pinpoint sensation. Moving around feels like a chore and only laying down helps.  Could it be by end of the day baby is in weird pressing position? (anyone else??)
  • More vaginal discharge, mucusy/wateryish

Good news:

• pelvic/hip issues seem better overall
  • sugar cravings have lessened
  • sleeping through night overall better for now!
  • Spring is coming!

Share your goods/bads and please do provide feedback for me: a slightly-(to more than slightly!)-nervous-first-timer!  IE: does all this sound normal or what could be normal?  :)

Yes, I will be passing this "list" to my  midwife -- still have a week before appt!

Happily married mother of a tiny angel angel.gif (12/06 at 5 weeks) Maya Elizabeth dust.gif (12/07) and our full term angel Mateo German angel2.gif (Lost during labor on 06/01/11) Currently pregnant with our naturally conceived twin rainbow1284.gif's due 8/15/2012!

#36 of 41 Old 03-10-2011, 08:12 AM

OK, I tried to stay away from this thread but it's calling me like a siren.

I am exhausted and am having so much trouble keeping up with my life.  The waking issues at night are making me a bit zombie-ish.  Every couple of days I wake up "rested" but work is draining my energy so much!!!

I'm finally having a hard time getting comfortable.  And am so tired that I've not had the chance to exercise for a week.

There I said it.  Work sucks, I feel icky, and I'm tired.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#37 of 41 Old 03-10-2011, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceriserenee View Post

I am having some of these issues also, but I wanted to give some feedback that may help. This is my second pregnancy, and my first I also had problems with my Uterus felling heavy and tired at the end of the day. This time someone suggested I buy a maternity belt and it has helped tremendously. It helps my back as well...because it keeps your uterus closer to the body and so it doesn't hang forward as much during the day. 

Hope this helps!

Really REALLY second this... I was annoyed with wearing mine to begin with, but now that I'm used it, it's made a BIG difference in my comfort level, the muscle pull pain is almost totally gone, and my back is much happier. I think it helps cut way back on BHs too, which is just nice. Less soreness in my body overall leads to less fatigue and somewhat better sleep. I went from just wearing it while I'm out and know I'll be walking more than usual to wearing it almost all the time, (not while sitting for longer periods or sleeping) and it's now definitely worth the money I spent on it.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#38 of 41 Old 03-12-2011, 08:18 PM

I know that SO much of this is perfectly normal for 31 weeks pregnant.. but here I go anyway. ;)

I'm tired. 

My belly (especially underneath) is SORE.

I walk funny.

I have issues with external yeast infection because of the oh so lovely increase in moisture. 

The increase in moisture is gross and uncomfortable for me.

More nausea/heartburn.

I want my husband home.  Not only do I want him to experience the excitement of pregnancy with me, but I want him to SEE how I feel.  He is trying to understand, but he really has no clue about pregnancy and sometimes it's really frustrating for me, even though I know it's not his fault.

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

#39 of 41 Old 03-13-2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

I highly recommend taking a liquid calcium supplement right before bed and not with iron at the same time.  It helps my leg cramps a ton!

As for my complaints...

I would like to be able to breathe again...this baby is up in my ribcage a lot and I'm just now getting to 30 weeks.  I'm not sure how I'm going to breathe these last 10 weeks.

I would love to have my varicose veins go away...my right leg looks SO HORRIBLE...it really is disgusting...and my girly bits are swollen too. UGH!

I would like to be able to eat a little bit more at a time...and wish that my appetite would stay this small after baby comes(it never does...I'm usually starving within 10 minutes of giving birth).

I want my brain back and my hormones to be normal again...I've been so forgetful this pregnancy and my patience is non existent which is not good with 3 other kids to take care of.

I'm SO done with winter and high winds...I wish spring were coming soon, but living in Alaska means at least a month more till spring, probably more like 2 months...

This! I'm craving warm weather(like 70s and 80s) like crazy! It's supposed to get up to 80 this week here, and I can't wait! Today is 50 and gray. blah.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#40 of 41 Old 03-13-2011, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibusymomto5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

As for my complaints...

This! I'm craving warm weather(like 70s and 80s) like crazy! It's supposed to get up to 80 this week here, and I can't wait! Today is 50 and gray. blah.

I can't wait for 50* smile.gif  That sounds so warm in comparison to 20 or lower.  80's...now that is a to die for temperature right about now...I'm in the wrong state.

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#41 of 41 Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 AM - Thread Starter

I did pull out my belly bands (formerly discarded as being too tight)... i "stretched" them out a bit and they do seem to help under clothes for supporting belly esp at end of day and night time.  thanks!  

now to get rid of this cold... *sniffle* yuk

Expecting 1st 5/25/11 after topsy turvy two years of trying. Married to best guy ever. Always <3 .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page