I know there is another 3rd Trim. thread, but I am dedicating this one to all the little new weird symptoms (bad and good!?) that suddenly seem to be a part of my life! It dawned on me a few days ago: "This must be the beginning of 3rd trimester...! and it is --!"
So here I am, new complaints as follows:
- More fatigue during the day / get tired more quickly after "doing stuff" (darn!!!)
- prone to vaginal/urinary bacterial issues (burny/itchy)
- Heartburn turned up to the next notch of misery and "no rhyme or reason" except always at night
- More frequent bouts of moderate dizziness: Electrolyte imbalance? Low blood pressure?? getting electrolytes/salts/minerals into my system and lying down with feet up seems to alleviate but still not sure what this is all about
- Braxton-Hicks seem to come on at slightest provocation (any kind of strain -- bending, sitting w/bad posture, standing for a long time, tiniest bit of stress!)
- WAY more gassy/burpy/bloaty!
- Hair and nails taken another turn for the worst, acting frizzier/untameable and more brittle than ever.
- Lower abdomen feels "tired" and has very uncomfortable pressure at the end of the day -- poss related to bladder/bloating issues?? Hard to pinpoint sensation. Moving around feels like a chore and only laying down helps. Could it be by end of the day baby is in weird pressing position? (anyone else??)
- More vaginal discharge, mucusy/wateryish
- pelvic/hip issues seem better overall
- sugar cravings have lessened
- sleeping through night overall better for now!
- Spring is coming!
Share your goods/bads and please do provide feedback for me: a slightly-(to more than slightly!)-nervous-first-timer! IE: does all this sound normal or what could be normal? :)
Yes, I will be passing this "list" to my midwife -- still have a week before appt!
I've noticed that my nausea is back but not as bad as before, so that's ok.
My hips are killing me when I try and sleep on my side.
I am so tired.
The baby is moving ALL the time, it's getting old.
And I feel like she has recently dropped lower because I'm feeling more pressure on what feels like my lower pubic bone. I'm hoping that means she's head down and down far enough that she'll stay that way.
Just generally more irritable.
- Can't eat too much in a single sitting.
- Belly is getting into the way of movement.
- Fatigue is getting pretty nasty. Every night this week I've gone to bed before DH.
- Nesting urges after moving to a new place. Too much to do. Not nearly enough time.
Me: DH: DD: DS1: DS2:
The shortness of breath from small exertions is getting annoying for me at this point. The other day I was doing a helping call (I'm a LLL leader) and I had to run downstairs to grab a reference book and then back upstairs. I was audibly out of breath while reading to the caller, and it was kind of embarrassing....I felt I had to explain that I was 7 months pregnant, LOL!
Other than that, I have the usual aches and stuff, but just in the night and when I first get up. I had a blissful two weeks of not much swelling in my feet, but it seems to be right back where it was before my miraculous osteopathic treatment for it. I am SO done with swollen feet. Hate it. I guess I need my appointments two weeks apart, but I want to save some insurance coverage for after baby is here! Maybe she will give me a tutorial on how to do a touch-up :P
i hate the feeling that my innards just don't fit into my skin. it's like feeling full all the time but without the food. (and then eating crappy snacks on top of it!)
i don't want to wear any of my clothes. getting dressed in the morning (or....the afternoon...) is a major trauma.
grocery store trips are exhausting.
knowing that i can't procrastinate anymore on some dd1 transitions since i don't want them to coincide with the arrival of newbie (floor bed, finally finishing her room....)
and knowing that i'm not anywhere near being done (i'm a late may member :( )
- nose bleeds
- gums bleed
- recent exciting hemorrhoids resulting in two days of poop bleeds (yay!)
- hip pain while sleeping
- lower pubic bone pressure
- getting up to pee several times when I would rather be sleeping
- heart burn if I eat more than a handful of food
- all my organs being compressed into a small area
- still pretty in love with the baby movements though, especially watching my belly move independently of me :)
Forgot to mention the dreaded food cycle. Get hungry, fix a plate (or bowl, etc.) that would normally satisfy me, get through half the bowl, get full, two hours (or less) later, I'm starving again!
Me: DH: DD: DS1: DS2:
- More tired, but have the desire to clean out our house. Note to self, rearranging the furniture on your own wasn't the best decision you've ever made :)
- I'm so thankful I'm not hungry all the time now! I am enjoying eating less.
- Being even more sensitive to smells, which means I now awkwardly avoid a coworker who I just can't stand the smell of!
Lulu2000 - I'm a first timer here, so other mamas may have more advice on this one. I too was getting more dizzy and just chalked it up to being pregnant. I read it was pretty normal. Turns out, my iron was low. I started eating more iron and it has made such a difference. Then, I looked at the symptoms of iron deficiency and my dizziness, shortness of breath, and tiredness were all symptoms. If I don't eat well, all of those come back so quickly. So grab some almonds! Maybe it will help you too!
-At 31 weeks my baby is still rolling somersaults and we she/he is low transverse what were at one time my abs just kill me. I have had to take breaks and lie down at home, or sit down in the grocery store.
-I am waking up at 2 in the morning and not falling back asleep for hours. Often not related to needing to pee. A few nights I have just gotten up and never fallen back asleep. The really weird part is I am not that tired during the day and I am someone who needs lots of sleep.
-Bending is getting a lot harder. I burst into tears when I dropped the bagel my toddler handed me because I did not want to pick it up.
-Swollen lady bits. They feel huge and it make my knickers sit funny.
-Even less milk. My toddler is not to happy about this. Still he is nice and caresses them while sucking on his pacifier after a shorter nurse. Then wants a sippy cup.
-Hemorrhoids are getting painful, but only sometimes. This is the only part of birth I am really worried about, since pushing is going to make them really bad.
-double peeing. Peeing, then five minutes peeing again because it did not all get out the first time since someone was in the way.
Mama to J (Jan '09), E (May '11), and C (August, '13)
Professional Cloth Diaper at Diaper Lab in Boston (ask me about laundry)
-Having the strong urge and energy to clean, but becoming sore/having Braxton Hicks after only doing a little.
-On a related note, having to enlist the help of DH with things that I used to be able to do on my own.
-Braxton Hicks! Lots of them!
-Beginning of stretch marks
-Sleeping has become more uncomfortable
-Out of breath
-More frequent sciatica and tailbone pain
-Burping and having stuff come up
-Harder to bend over, and harder to shave
-Back to peeing as much or more than the first trimester
-People looking shocked when I say I still have 2 months to go
All in all, though, I'll take this over the first trimester. I love the burst of energy I have lately. I just wish the Braxton Hicks would stop. It's not that they're painful really, they just make me nervous.
Mama to Julian Matthew, born 5/10/2011
Hopeful for the next!
- Starting to get irritated by the endless cycle of "When are you due?" "Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl?" "Do you have a name picked out?"
- Feel like I'm squashing a beach ball when I bend over
- Started sitting down to unload the dryer because it means that I don't have to bend down as many times
- Can't get to sleep because the baby starts hiccuping as soon as I lie down
- Despite the fact that I've been pregnant before, I have exactly one pair of jeans that fit well enough to actually wear
I had a dream last night that one of my boobs deflated and I only had one left. When I woke up, I discovered that the pressure of my arm against my chest made me leak all over the bed. There was a distinct nipple imprint in the wet stain.
First baby, first time for everything I guess.
- I have also found the *thud* I get soo tired, it's really hard to get through the day without a nap. Which is difficult when you work 9-5 and then have school from 6-9:30 on Tues and Thurs and Birthing class on Wed starting at 6:30 and..... blegh.
- I have one pair of pants that fit me and my maternity shirts are starting to be a little too short and I don't want to buy more clothes!!! Dammit.
- My hips are all creaky and my left hip declines to stay in joint regardless of weekly Chiro visits and sleeping properly with pillows and everything. When I get out of bed I limp and lurch like a drunken sailor for 20 minutes.
-My face is starting to get puffy.
- I have given up on shaving my legs, though I might try a bath tomorrow. Our shower is a narrow stall, and I cannot really maneuver in there enough to get to my legs.
-Crazy Braxton Hicks when I'm walking to work.
-Insane bladder pressure.
-Asthma issues from the pregnancy are getting worse.
- Burping up what I've eaten.
- Entire days where no matter what I do, I can never, ever get comfortable.
married to Mike Mama to my furry babies just gave birth to our first DS.
- Biggest complaint by far: I pulled some muscles in my belly just to the left of my belly button, in a straight line down towards my pubic bone. It felt like they were being ripped apart and was possibly the second worst pain I have EVER felt (and yes, I've given birth twice w/o meds), dissolved me into tears - like sobs, not just tears - and I DID IT WHILE LYING IN BED AND TRYING TO ROLL OVER!! For heaven's sake, I wasn't even (technically) exerting myself - though I get out of breath just trying to maneuver about in the bed. Now I have to wear my belly support thing all day, (itchy!) and seriously have to hold my belly with one arm while doing anything w/o the support band. And I haven't been able to get up into or down off the bed w/o tweaking that same spot since and/or my back. Sleeping used to be happy...
- The dread needing to go to the bathroom at night now causes me because of that pain
- The generalized turtle-on-my-back sense that getting off any of our furniture creates
- My husband giggling at the outright waddle I really can't help when walking - feels like the baby is taking up residence between my knees
- My feet are not happy with the hardwood floors in our apt or the hardness of any other floors, anywhere else - I have to wear my sneakers almost constantly
- I can't bend over at all - I have to squat or nothing - very thankful that my homeschooled kiddos are around to pick up everything I drop, & bless their hearts for never looking at me like "Seriously??" when I have them stop what they're doing to come from across the room to pick up something I dropped at my feet
- Every time we leave the house, some well-meaning person asks when I'm due - I can handle that ok, but the look of shock and horror on their face when I tell them I'm due in "late May" IS getting old. Then they ask if I'm having twins (no), then they ask if "big babies" run in my family (eh.. not really), then they tell me what a poor thing I am (really?!). Never mind that I carried my son this same way, got all the same looks at the same stage of pg, and he was only 8 pounds... not what I consider a big baby really, and only a half pound bigger than his older sister - maybe I'll get an 8.5 pounder this time? Idk... not too worried about it either
- I thought it would be fun to put a "countdown" type thing to my EDD on my homepage... the *85* days I have left was a bit disheartening
Really, seeing how so many of you are dealing with nausea and heartburn, my complaint list isn't so bad! Onto the positive:
- Despite some genuinely painful kicks here and there, and occasionally thinking "PLEASE, just chill out!" I'm not really tired of the movements yet. It often feels like my LO is staring at the inside of my belly button and trying to figure out which combination of 32R-26L-18R type combination will pop the lock and set them free! That's kind of funny - but I'm pretty sure Baby is head down now so... probably not what's going, Haha
- Even though getting settled in bed is painful, once I'm out, I think my quality of sleep has improved
- Not sure if it was based on the baby's position (I was pretty sure Baby was transverse for quite some time) or not, but the really annoying burning-numb-stinging pain I was getting in my left hip from the old playground injury has subsided somewhat. And I've found a highly recommended chiro that I am really looking forward to meeting to help with the here-on-out issues
- Now that we're more or less settled into an apt (vs a hotel) with a FULL KITCHEN (wooHOO!) I really think the return of my diet's former glory has decreased the mild swelling that had started in my ankles by the end of the day and increased my overall level of energy - please let that last a bit!
- My newest attempt at prenatal vitamins is working - they don't taste or smell like capsules of putridity, I only need two a day, and I have no nasty burp action after swallowing them (they're Twinlab - got them online for a great price!)
And again, I'm just looking forward to getting a few things when our tax return shows up - supposed to be here this coming week. :)
It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
so for the past few weeks i've been pretty miserable.
but today? i woke up full of energy. no more preeclampsia feeling. all gone! i cleaned the kitchen, made breakfast for the family, cleaned the kitchen again, cleaned the bedroom, put up all the laundry, did all the bills, cleaned the bathroom, went shopping, went to the movies, came home tried to sleep and i absolutely can not sleep! i feel like i need to be doing something.
Oh, I so needed a complaint thread:
- Hips, back, everything hurts when I am exercising, walking, standing, sitting, or doing anything for any period of time.
- I am never comfortable...see above
- maternity clothes are getting small and I am HATING my mat jeans but it is still too cold for skirts
- changing undies during the day because I sneeze-pee or cough-pee or just from pregnant crotch-moistness :) No amount of kegels has helped
- Really wanting the babe out but then realizing that I will have two little ones to care for so realizing that it is better I have 10 weeks left
- waking up more than my frequent-waking toddler
- wanting to eat, get full quick, so I eat more junk than I would like because its fast
- OUT OF BREATH constantly and its getting old
- kamikaze baby moves sometimes hurt or make me feel sick..at 3AM, then 4:30AM, 5:25AM, etc
- my body feels so stretched like its impossible to fit anything else in there but I am not that big
- spider veins appearing on my belly- hoping they go away like last time
- feeling like a spectacle on campus (university) because all the students act like they have never seen a pregnant woman and all the academics (my peers) are scared of kids and us "breeders"
- dizzy spells and heart palpitations when I exert myself
- I'm sure there's more but I'll let someone else have a turn ;)
Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11
what's with the return of the nausea?! it's not constant like 1st trimester (only twice in the past two weeks) but it's strong and it lasts for a while. ugh... i did not have this with dd.
and putting on socks really sucks. i hope this is the last snow... i think i'll be pulling out the flip flops pretty soon :)
happily married mama to DD1 4/08, 12/31/09, and DD2 5/11
Ranked #1 and #2 would be leg cramps/restless leg issues and the exhaustion that comes with 3rd tri anemia. The leg cramps are a nightly occurrence and most nights they wake me 2x but there are other nights where I am up 3-4 nights and that just stinks. The exhaustion, that hits me like a freight train right around 3pm every day is also just plain horrible. 3pm is when my kids kick it into whiney, annoying, "we're hungry" mode and I really need to be on my A-game to make it through snack/homework/play/supper/baths and bed time. I typically only do one cup of black tea in the AM and then herbal RRL and water but I've been drinking a cup of green tea a lot of days at 3pm to just make it through.
Other than that, I would say I just feel so horribly misshapen and hate how my body looks. DH keeps reminding me...ummm.. you are pregnant but that doesn't help me to feel any better. We've had a vicious winter and with 2 kiddos, 2 dogs and work- my level of fitness is not where I'd like it to be. As much as I want my body back and all these symptoms to leave, I am not in any rush to move on to the transition from 2-3 kiddos. I am beginnign to worry about how my girls will react. I know that we will all adjust.
Well this thread has made me feel better today, I am not alone:) My top complaints:
-The lack of energy and not feeling like I can keep up.
-Having people asking when I'm due and that look of shock.
-My clothes not fitting, this one really got to me today. Good news is it's getting warm and I can wear shorts now which I have many of so no more wearing my one pair of pants I like almost every day.
I feel like a superficial beeot... for posting this but my complaints are mainly superficial.
I hate that I have gained 30 lbs. I hate it. It's less than I'd gained with Ava at this point but it seems to all be sitting in my thighs and butt. Now that I'm 30 everyone is telling me I won't lose the weight as easily also. Pay no attention to that tiny little pic of me in my avatar- it was taken at 19 weeks lol
Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan age8, Ava age 4 and baby Georgia (6/3/11).
yesterday i almost broke down...i am feeling horrible still, and now my body is achy like i'm getting a flu and i am battling a yeast infection. great! on top of everything else!
and i am EXHAUSTED all of a sudden. even though i am taking iron, a maternity vitamin, vitamin d, extra garlic pills (3X a day) and drinking tons of water. super exhausted. i am writing this as fast as possible so that i can put wipeout on for haye in his room on the computer and take a nap. :/
ugh. and the baby spent the last couple days moving around like crazy and it was soooo painful. i just laid in bed through as much of it as possible. you know those really painful spins...ugh.
so that's my complaints! lol
mama to 9 year old h 3 year old z and brand spanking new baby m
I don't feel so alone. Thanks Ladies....
- ongoing bacterial yeast infections
-vag varicose veins, and hemorrhoids
-full belly full body, i feel the stretch marks coming on
-hip pain, sciatica
-waking and not being able to go back to sleep
-peeing all night
Though if i eat a banana every day i don't get cramps in my legs at night.
one day i thought the baby was trying to escape through my belly button.
In love with their dad . mom to (dd 5/20/07), and (ds 3/27/09) ,and (dd 5/9/11) , and (ds 5/14/13)
My biggest complaint continues to the be the "variability" of my emotions - i.e., I'm cranky and intolerant.
Also getting leg cramps more frequently - yuck.
I remain annoyed that I can't eat waffles, ice cream, have a glass of wine, etc, due to glucose intolerance. Just ain't fair (though admittedly way healthier).
Wow! At least we know we aren't alone! I could add a few more on and take a few off... I am sure that's how it will be from here on out!
I can really identify with those saying you are hungry, you fix something (after finally deciding what to fix that appeals that you haven't already eaten 6 times in the past 2 days), eat only half of it and then never feel like eating the left overs even tho you are hungry again (and/or feeling depleted even if not "feeling" hungry) in 2 hrs. So frustrating! I might as well move into the fridge! I am running out of food ideas... Esp. difficult with lactose intolerance and gluten sensitivity. blah....
Forget what I said about sleeping improvements!!! I seem to be in a vicious cycle of fatigue--can't exercise bc I feel totally worn after just a few minutes of walking or whatever it is--so tired I must nap--then canNOT sleep through the night/restless legs--can't get comfortable--hot--no room to move--tangled in covers--husband snoring...UGH!... Last night was a nightmare. I think I actually woke up/got up about 6-8 times for one reason or another and so don't know how I'll get through the day today w/o napping.
Leg cramps are MUCH worse....need to increase magnesium/potassium no doubt.
Thanks so much to whoever suggested iron for dizziness... I bet that is a big part of it as I am kind of prone to slight anemia. I can't seem to remember all my usual remedies for various symptoms -- It just seems there are too many to properly manage and keep track of effectively!
Sounds like others can identify with that constant "full/bloaty" feeling. I also notice more discomfort the more I have to be bending/doing stuff (who doesn't need o be active "doing" stuff!?) and my lower abdomen feels a bit tight/crampy/crunchy.
I too despise my clothes. thank goodness the weather is changing and I can at least try some new items if I haven't already grown out of them! I am irritated that It seems I'm going to have to buy another pair of yoga and/or sweat pants. my fav standbys are just feeling too pinchy. I can't find any stretchy skirts anywhere which i know would be so much more comfortable. I think my butt and hips expanded overnight as none of my underwear seems to fit at all!!! and yes to the pee-leaking too. hooray.
We seem to be walking symptom-monsters!
I hadn't heard of the return of nausea in third.... i could def live without that.!!
PS- also really getting tired of people telling us birth horror stories and/or how worried they are that we are an hour away from the birth center, which brings them to their next point of being so very concerned that we aren't receiving "traditional prenatal care". (as opposed to a midwife who is actually available should I need to contact her and who KNOWS a thing or two about actual childbirth rather than how to order this or that toxic drug or how to slice me open).
i barfed today. yep.
this better not be a flu or a return of morning sickness, let me tell you. i am hoping it is because i drank a couple small glasses of lemonade this morning? i made pancakes too and took exactly 2 bites of my peanut butter pancake and one bite of banana.
i am so friggin sick of being sick.
so i dropped haye off at kindergarten in my pyjamas (seriously) and came promptly home to bed where i fell asleep until just now (2.5 hours later) when a telemarketer called. yikes.
i have soooo much to do, it is depressing. and we are super broke right now. ughhhh why can't life be easy...
mama to 9 year old h 3 year old z and brand spanking new baby m
Adding to the list. The other day I was wearing a super baggy shirt and mentioned to a photographer who spent 30 minutes wrestling my monsters into a cute pose that I was pregnant. She said, "Wow, you don't even look pregnant! You're carrying it all in your hips and thighs." Um... no, I'm just fat. There's a belly there, and a baby in there.
I woke up from my afternoon nap this afternoon in a puddle. No, I didn't wet the bed. I drooled. Eww. Totally nasty. I was so grossed out.
Me: DH: DD: DS1: DS2:
As I was reading your above post I started to feel a little sick and then had to make a bathroom visit of my own. I think my stomach didn't want yours to feel alone in this annoying nausea circle of hell.
My biggest current complaint is just how uncomfortable "quality time" with HD has gotten. My abdomen is so sensitive that the least bit of extra weight makes me super uncomfortable and it makes me feel like I need to super pee. Not so romantic.
you are in luck because swimsuit "cover-up" season is about to start in the stores...especially places like target. you know, they are like short dresses with a elastic-y smocked top.....well, buck tradition and wear them as a skirt and you have a super comfy, knee length stretchy-waist skirt that will fit you throughout pregnancy and after and forever and ever. there's alot of solid colors out there but sometimes they have cute patterns or stripes. i even have a denim one.
i've been checking lately because i've worn mine out and want something new.