Big Sibling Gifts - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 03-12-2011, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We weren't financially set up to do this before. I think it'd be nice to do, especially since both kids are going to be older than DD was when her brother was born.

What are you getting for you/the baby to give to your current LOs?

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 7 Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 AM

DD has been wanting a stuffed pony forever, so that's what the baby is "getting" for her. :)  Easy, peasy, and DD will just love it!

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#3 of 7 Old 03-12-2011, 08:44 PM

#4 of 7 Old 03-13-2011, 03:35 AM - Thread Starter

Krista, where did you find the pattern for the dolls?

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 7 Old 03-14-2011, 10:21 PM

#6 of 7 Old 03-15-2011, 05:51 PM

Hadn't really thought of this since my kids are both old enough to know the baby isn't really giving them anything... BUT. They know their levels of responsibility will increase and have already been stepping up quite a bit to help me out, as dh is rarely home. It would be nice to give them something recognizing their hard work and helpful attitudes... something signifying that they are showing a lot of supportive and mature growth, and we have seen it and appreciated it, amidst so much change and uproar in their lives (moving, maybe a couple of times by the time the baby is here, plus a new baby, missing extended family that is no longer close by, etc). Have to think about that.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#7 of 7 Old 03-15-2011, 08:22 PM

DS will only be 21-22mo when this LO is due so I think any new toys would be a great distraction and reward/celebration for becoming a brother.  I recently found some 1/2 price Thomas sets and trains and since he is obsessed with everything Thomas (exposure from an older friend), I think he will be thrilled.  He also has a balance bike from xmas that we haven't given him yet since the weather has been bad so I think we will break that out too.

Mum to DS1 7/09 and DS2 5/11

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page