Third Trimester Tea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-13-2011, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone tried this tea yet? I know there's an older threat about red raspberry leaf tea, but this has rosehips, stinging nettles, chamomile, and a few other things. I started it on Friday, and it has helped my nerves and swelling a lot! I'm drinking 2 cups a day (morning and evening). I may increase it to 3 a day closer to my due date.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#2 of 11 Old 03-13-2011, 05:26 PM

The tea I'm drinking has Raspberry Leaf, Nettle Root, Lemon Balm Leaves, Oat Tops, Alfalfa Leaves, Strawberry Leaves, Rose Hips, Rose Petals, Ginger, Peppermint Leaves, Chocolate Mint Leaves.  It's delicious!  I'm drinking a big mug every night before bed, and a smaller mug in the morning when I remember.  Love it!

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#3 of 11 Old 03-13-2011, 07:17 PM

Nettles make me break out in itchy bumps on my hands so I've been making my own blend of red raspberry leaf, alfalfa, and rooibos.  It is both soothing and refreshing all at the same time. 

#4 of 11 Old 03-14-2011, 08:37 AM

I have been terrible. I have had a gallon of RRL tea sitting in my refrigerator for over a week without drinking a single cup. I love tea but I think this stuff has a bit too much peppermint in it. I need motivation. I haven't been drinking my tea or doing my pelvic tilts.

#5 of 11 Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM

I have the Yogi Tea brand of pregnancy tea and I drink that on occassion (I'm not fond of mint when preggo for some reason).  What I drink lots of is just brewed RRL tea.  I drink a big 20+ oz mug of it every mid morning.  When I hit about 35 weeks I'll also drink a mug in the evening.  I love the taste of the RRL tea.  DH tells me it tastes like dirt- LOL  I've had a few days where my BH contractions were intense and I skipped drinking the tea the following day as I know it can cause an increase in BH. 

#6 of 11 Old 03-14-2011, 10:47 AM

I'm not a big fan of bagged teas... I've been drinking loose-leaf RRL tea - infused in a little french press for 10-20min...

my midwife recommended the tea (and she hinted that loose leaf was better, but we already knew that!), but didn't say how much to drink (I'll ask at the next appt. this Thurs).

I've been doing 1-2 cups (second cup with the same leaves and fresh water) per day... I don't mind the taste, but then again, I drink all kinds of strange unsweetened teas on a regular basis ;)

#7 of 11 Old 03-14-2011, 11:35 AM

I had just started drinking RRL tea daily a couple of weeks ago. I was using Yogi brand tea bags that I would let steep overnight in a pitcher of water and then stick in the fridge and drink cold the next day. I was drinking about a quart a day and already noticing less round ligament pain when jogging. I think it had to be the tea helping, because it was the only thing different I did. I also noticed a sharp increase in BH too. I casually mentioned it to my mw at my appt the other day, and she cautioned me against drinking more than a cup a day due to my history of fast labors. So, I guess I'm backing off to a cup a day. I was going to order bulk herbs to save money and do a mixture of RRL, Nettles, Oat Straw and Alfalfa, but now I'm leaning towards sticking with the bags if I'll only be doing a cup a day. I love the taste of the Yogi and may try their pregnancy blend for some variety.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#8 of 11 Old 03-14-2011, 12:02 PM

Was drinking "traditional medicinals pregnancy tea" but went to order in bulk and noticed the yogi pregnancy tea was less expensive and had similar ingredients so I ordered that. I just tried some and I will say I like the taste of the traditional medicinals one slightly better but money is money. Still waiting to get my RRL tea in the mail. I've been drinking 2-4 cups of the pregnancy tea everyday and I enjoy it. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#9 of 11 Old 03-15-2011, 08:49 AM

becca_howell...what brand is the tea you're drinking?  If it's helping with swelling, I would be keen to try it.  My ankles are so sad looking :P

I was drinking just plain red raspberry about 1-2 times a day but ran out.  Going to get some more tonight.  I have never drank it in pregnancy before so I am going to go easy, in case maybe doing the big daily doses would bring on a faster labour - I have to drive an hour and then set up for the birth, so I need a little lead time, LOL!

#10 of 11 Old 03-16-2011, 05:29 AM - Thread Starter

I'm drinking Earth Mama Angel Baby. I missed yesterday and I'm really feeling it!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#11 of 11 Old 03-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Thanks!  I think I have a local source of that one so I might be able to get it today! :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page