Chat Thread March 14-20 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Chat away mamas!

Had a busy weekend but yesterday went "baby hopping" - our friends have a 2yo and a 4mo... then off to other friends with a 9mo.  I spent hours with the 4mo on my lap... she was sucking away at my finger.  I left with blissy hormones and throbbing boobs.  It was great.

Hope you all are well.  Mid March is upon is!?!!?!?

Anyone else feeling hit or miss with exercise?  If my work situation was chill, I'd be down for it all the time but with work stresses and long days, sometimes I just can't exercise.  It drains me too much.  I just want to rest.  

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#2 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 08:36 AM

I had my first shower this weekend. I am blown away by how generous everyone was. We got a ton of stuff off of our registry and not nearly as many clothes as I was expecting, which is nice. I was really tired after it all, though. My energy has just been so low lately and I haven't had mood swing but I am weepier now than any other time in the pregnancy.

My mom and step-dad live about 5 hours away from us and one of their gifts to us was a set of books from Hallmark that let them record their voice reading the story page by page. I cried so hard, in front of people I had only met once or twice. And then when my husbands aunt pulled out the gift that her 9yo son made specially for Hannah's room- lost it! I am talking rivers of tears.

It was amazing to feel so loved and supported.

#3 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 09:10 AM

Awww, those books sound wonderful!!  What a great gift :) 

I have been lousy (again, it happens every time!) with exercising during pregnancy...my main exercise is housecleaning, lugging laundry and a toddler, that kind of thing :P  It's not a habit before I get pregnant, and I find it hard to make it one once I'm pregnant and sick (and it being dead of winter once first trimester sickies wore off didn't help, either!).  It is getting more spring-like here and I am at the point where I"m trying to make myself just walk to the mailbox and back, and the bus stop and back, which is between 15-20 minutes total, I think.  Pathetic but better than nothing.  I find as this trimester goes by, even that short walk feels like a big accomplishment...I can remember being a few days past my due date with DS1 and having to stop on rest on the very short (and not very steep) hill back from the mailbox at least twice!  Our bodies tend to naturally slow down and rest more in the last few weeks, I think.

#4 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 09:27 AM

ex - er -cize? What is that? orngtongue.gif

I get a ton walking to the carpool and to work and then back again (adds up to about 4 miles by the end of the day) I can't really manage more than that and I have slowed wayyyyy down. I'm on my feet running around quite a bit at work all day (or waddling around rather) and by the end of the day I am too tuckered to do anything like formal exercise. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#5 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

I get a ton walking to the carpool and to work and then back again (adds up to about 4 miles by the end of the day) I can't really manage more than that and I have slowed wayyyyy down. I'm on my feet running around quite a bit at work all day (or waddling around rather) and by the end of the day I am too tuckered to do anything like formal exercise. 

If I was doing anything approaching what you're doing, I wouldn't even be thinking about doing anything else!! Formal or otherwise... you're doing great!

My mw recommended I start doing some pg pilates stuff to prevent anymore muscle pulls in the belly area... it was all I could do not to ask her if she was serious, as in, "Have you seen me??!". But she was! I got a video with 3 twenty min workouts to try, and haven't even watched it w/o exercising, let alone done the exercises on it. Though I fully intend to! And my dd asks if we can turn it on everyday, so there's no forgetting. :)

SallyNichole, those books sound wonderful! I would've cried too. I was thinking of having my older kids do some of those books to send to their grandparents, so they could hear how well they're reading, and I would love it if they sent some our way for the kids.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#6 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 11:00 AM

My exercise is slowing down too. I'm having more and more tired days with chasing after kids, homeschooling, and just keeping up with the house that's it's all I can do to drag myself out for a 30-60min brisk walk/jog. I feel so much better on the days I go, it's just finding the motivation to get out there that's getting increasingly difficult.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#7 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Speaking of the weepies...

I had a tupperware with a loose lid containing my salad and lunch... cherry tomatoes on top.  Up north here there is still snow on the ground.  Some of the cherry tomatoes fell out in my car and I brushed them out the door onto the snow - then immediately felt HORRIBLE that their perfect little cherry tomato bodies were going to freeze!!!

These hormones are for real!!!

Elonwy - 4mi a day - that's freaking amazing.  Seriously.  And all those chasing toddlers around, I know that's work.  Glad to hear that it's not just me who is slowing down...  I'm off to the yoga studio today though - to practice then to teach from a stool in the corner.  Still takes a ton of energy.

Oh happy to add... DH and I practiced hypnobirthing last night!  He did a great job - he read me two scripts and took me nice and deep - so deep my mouth was mush for a while afterwards.  I've been practicing with the CD but it's awesome that he was able to just read the scripts and it worked!  

#8 of 59 Old 03-14-2011, 02:17 PM

SallyNichole - your shower sounds wonderful! I agree with other posters that elonwy's 4 miles a day is impressive! I'm lucky that I pregnant pal at work and we make sure we walk together every day for at least 30 minutes, regardless of how busy we are. It saves me, I swear!

Annaconda - jealous of your baby time - and nice on the hynobirthing practice!

I'm trying to decide if I want to go the birth pool route or not...our house is sooo small and it will take up half our living room. With #2, there was a birthing tub in the hospital, but I didn't really dig it - I needed to feel more grounded and spent the rest of the time on hands and knees. Decisions, decisions!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#9 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 06:33 AM

Hi everyone! I am almost 30 weeks. Time has begun to fly.

My shower is April 16th. I didn't really want one but now I am excited. I got to design the menu and it is all of my cravings which are not too weird so that is goo. I am being bad and also having sushi and champagne!!!!

Need to get a birth kit. Don't really want too much baby stuff since I'm moving when the baby will be 2 mos old but I need a new stroller and a good pump. I have an amazon baby registry and was considering adding my required law school books to it.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#10 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamiel View Post

I'm trying to decide if I want to go the birth pool route or not...our house is sooo small and it will take up half our living room. With #2, there was a birthing tub in the hospital, but I didn't really dig it - I needed to feel more grounded and spent the rest of the time on hands and knees. Decisions, decisions!

I have a really small living room also and rented a spa in a box with Ava (those things are HUGE). We got it 2 weeks before she was due, she was almost 2 weeks late and then we kept it for another week after birth so it was in our house for a really long time but it was worth it. Dylan and I would come home from the beach and relax when I was still pregnant then it was amazing during my 42 hour labor.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#11 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

ROTFLMAO.gif

Yeah, exercise is not even in the picture right now. At this point I'm doing 15 min of work, then 15 min of rest... after 10AM and before 6PM... yesterday was the exception

Went to my mom's yesterday and helped her clean out her big walk in closet for her move this month. Kind of stressful because my mom (we call her the anti-crunch) just plain and simply stresses me out!

Car shopping online this morning. I hate when websites don't update their online inventory lists. I get excited, seeing a car that works for us, call, and it's no longer there. :(

Staying home today (unless we find a vehicle that works for us and DH says to go get it). Mount Foldmore (graduated from Mount Washmore) is overflowing into my kitchen so I need to cut it down in size.

Not much else planned this week. This weekend I'm riding down to Tampa with my mom, grandma (mother of the anti-crunch), two of my sisters (ages 12 and 8) and my two kids for my great-aunt's birthday party. Yay. Can you feel my excitement through the computer screen? I mean, come on, it's a 3.5-4 hour trip down and back up with two anti-crunch-formula-loving-pro-circumcision-pro-vaccination-anti-cloth-anything-except-clothing-pro-CIO mothers, my sisters who I love dearly but sometimes would like to duct tape their mouths shut (they're learning from the anti-crunch and are highly opinionated about my parenting style), and my angels. I think I'm gonna bring the DVD player for my kids and listen to my hypnobabies tracks all the way down.

32 weeks Thursday! ACK! Can ANYONE believe May is so close?!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#12 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca_howell View Post

I mean, come on, it's a 3.5-4 hour trip down and back up with two anti-crunch-formula-loving-pro-circumcision-pro-vaccination-anti-cloth-anything-except-clothing-pro-CIO mothers, my sisters who I love dearly but sometimes would like to duct tape their mouths shut (they're learning from the anti-crunch and are highly opinionated about my parenting style), and my angels. I think I'm gonna bring the DVD player for my kids and listen to my hypnobabies tracks all the way down.

32 weeks Thursday! ACK! Can ANYONE believe May is so close?!

Wow.... that does not sound like a party. Find a happy place! Find a happy place! hug.gif

And no... can't believe how close it is for me, at 29ish weeks, let alone for you! :)

We've sort of stumbled and backed into what for us is a great situation, but it throws my birthing plans very much up in the air. I'm still "planing" for a UC, but living in a studio apt with the four of us makes me wonder where on EARTH I'd put a tub, and I still need to ask my landlady, who is also my midwife, if she'd be ok with a tub here in her basement, and or with my filling it up with hot water. Plus her birthing center, with it's permanent, deep and seemingly happy tubs, is just about a 5 min walk away, and she says she's totally comfortable with us "UCing" there at the center, and that she'd happily leave us alone in our space. Which doesn't sound awful to me, just isn't what I'd had in mind all along.

Plus we don't know at this point where my dh will be when I go into labor, which will affect all of those choices, and won't be determined until I'm actually IN labor.

Really, for me personally, I think the only thing standing in the way of my going peacefully to the birth center is my ego - something I don't attribute to all UC minded mamas, but I definitely attribute to me, now that I'm needing to consider other options. Took me by surprise to realize just how much it was playing a part when I began to check into the possibilities.

#13 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 09:01 AM

exercise? I miss REAL exercise (cross-fit, swimming a mile, @$$-kicking dance classes, 15 mile bike rides, etc...). I miss NOT being out of breath after climbing up the stairs or walking 10 blocks. *sigh*  but I'm moving EXCELLENTLY for a 33week pregnant lady - I keep being told I "move well" or I'm "spry," and I've even been known to sprint across the street. winky.gif

Per my midwife's instructions, I'm doing 30min brisk walking everyday - which makes me pretty out of breath, and (especially in the cold weather) turns me very very red. sick.gif

I also do a LOT of standing, walking and stair-climbing in my daily routine - in case anyone was wondering, chivalry is dead, I've lost faith in humankind, and no, the NYC subway is NOT ADA-compliant.  (I have mixed feelings about people giving up their seats for me on the subway. I don't really NEED it - if I did, I'd ASK for a seat - but nobody even OFFERS, and half the time they sit there and stare at my belly or even have a conversation about it!)

I also try to swim (still one of the faster ones in the pool, but nowhere NEAR what I used to do - I can swim at my old "regular" pace for about 4 laps before I'm out of breath!), and I keep meaning to take a yoga or belly dancing class.

I'm frantically trying to figure out a birth pool (BPIAB? SIAP? aquadoula? ecopool? fishy pool? ahhhhh!!!!! don't want the cats to puncture it, don't want to spend a ton of money, but still want to get the right product, 'cause it's IMPORTANT), not freak out about the fact that I don't have ANYTHING for the baby yet (oh, wait, not true, 1 blanket crocheted by a neighbor), and still keep myself calm and collected... can't let stress affect the blood pressure!

DP pointed out to me last night that my neck and back are SO TENSE, I need TONS of body work to fix it all (he's an Esalen-trained masseuse, but we don't have a table in the apartment)... it's SO painful having him work it out!

And stretch marks - I see a tiny one coming in on my right boob (I miss my pre-preggo boobs). irked.gif  Guess I have to REALLY remember to slather myself daily with one of the cocoa butter infusions that I've got. (Body Shop Mango = olfactory delight, and the highest percentage of cocoa butter of anything they sell, I've also got some  yummy organic buttercreams from my friend who sells natural products)... all this "taking care of yourself" stuff is HARD! orngtongue.gif

Has anyone tried the miessence breast and belly balm? It looks wonderful to me, I just wish I could find it locally, since I'm VERY particular about smells.

#14 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 AM

I'm so with you, Punk - though I don't think I was nearly as in shape as you!  I was about 2/3 of the way through the Insanity workout tapes when I got pregnant, and I was loving it.  At least at this point we have the puppy who needs to be walked, but it's just not the same.  Not only that, but yes - a flight of stairs leaves me winded. 

I also miss the pre-preggo boobs... or even the 1st trimester boobs.  I've got some stretch marks too, and big veins traveling all over them.  They aren't as firm as they were back in the first tri either, which I wasn't expecting.  And they leak!

****5****10****15****20****25****30*@**35 ****40
Due May 4th!
#15 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 09:49 AM

I sure don't FEEL like I'm in shape!

winded after going up the subway stairs (even if I DO bound up them faster than most "normal" people), fat/softness coating my once-muscular arms and legs - I'm not entirely sure if it's the hormones (I read somewhere that the same ones that increase flexibility can also soften our muscles), or if it's from lack of use, but I feel SO fat and atrophied even though I'm slightly SMALLER in the legs and the arms than pre-pregnancy! 

EVERYthing seems to be not as firm as it used to be... WAAAAAAAH! greensad.gif

I miss my boobs (even when they went up 2 cup sizes 1st/2nd tri, they were still crazy-perky and firm... DP loved it!), no leaking yet...  I just have to remind myself that this is all for my baby and our FAMILY. lovestory.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamalynsky View Post

I'm so with you, Punk - though I don't think I was nearly as in shape as you!  ....

a flight of stairs leaves me winded. 

... They aren't as firm as they were back in the first tri either, which I wasn't expecting.  And they leak!

#16 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 10:14 AM

Hi mamas! I turned 33 weeks on Sunday. Feeling pretty good besides feeling like I'm leaning over a beach ball every time I bend down. It's funny, I'm a SAHM to one little boy, and he's now 26 months, and a pretty easy kid, sleeping through the night, very well behaved. The house is pretty much always clean(as clean as it can be at any given time with a two year old), I have time to prepare nutritious meals, have had plenty of "me time" over the last 6 months, and am just overall feeling like I've done a good job raising my first kiddo. I need another challenge, lol! I'm trying to really cherish these last 7 weeks as a mom to one because I know my life will change drastically when number 2 arrives, but I am also glad for the challenge and opportunity to love more than one child.

My mom's playgroup threw me a mom's night out baby shower at Olive Garden last night, and it was a much needed girls night away from the kiddo. I was able to eat gluten free(they have pasta!) which was fun, and I got a lot of baby gifts(that I don't really need, oh well) Hubby met me at a shopping center after work to pick up the kiddo at 6pm and I had an hour to kill before the dinner, so I went shopping and found myself a cute top for 10 bucks at a really nice little boutique. I love picking through sale racks at those places. And, it wasn't maternity! yay! I had a few more minutes to kill so I headed over to Buy Buy Baby(like Bed Bath and Beyond for baby stuff) and found some awesome stuff. They have lots of organic and natural baby products which I was excited about because I assumed the only place anyone was going to find anything off my registry was online. I have another baby shower that my mom is throwing me March 27th, and I'm looking forward to that too. Also, enjoying the weather here in texas! It's almost always consistently above 60 degrees, and I can send DS to play outside while I get stuff done with the windows open. This weather doesn't last long here though..soon it will be consistently way too hot!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#17 of 59 Old 03-15-2011, 06:04 PM

Hmmmm.. I had never heard of Buy Buy Baby till we moved here to SC. I thought it was maybe just a weird local variation on the Babies R Us theme, but now I'll have to go see what they have to offer - glad you mentioned some of what they have, Mrs. Bone. :)

Is anyone else just totally thrown by the daylight savings nonsense? Idk why, but the kids and I just can't get it together with this time change! And its only an hour! We just moved ahead two time zones and that didn't mess with us as much as this did. I just looked up, realized it was 9 pm and sketched! I haven't had them in bed before ten all week, and it looks like that's how it's going to go again tonight! :/ I'm staying up too late and sleeping in too late too... which is the root of our issues. I guess I'll have to break down and set an alarm for tomorrow morning. DS is usually the best 7:00 am alarm going, but even he's been sleeping till 9 am!

#18 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 05:12 AM

The time change really hasn't affected me much this time. The day of the time change, yeah it messed me up, but not now. DS had a rough night that night, was up till 12 or later (mommy went to bed and left him with Daddy) then was up around 5:30. I got up at 6:30 and started to get ready for church. When I got up, he was tearing up the house and DH was out cold. I fed him breakfast and got ready for church. He fell asleep in the high chair eating breakfast. DH was still out, so I decided to take DD to church by myself. DS woke when I left for church, so DH got up. It was a rough day. When I got home, I threw lunch at the three of them and went to bed!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#19 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Maybe it's the time change?  I was OUT COLD till 8:30 this morning... even through DH moving around and getting ready.  I'm so all over the place sleep-wise...

yesterday I woke him up watching this hilarious clip of Jim Carrey doing Black Swan on SNL at 6am.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/black-swan/1268821/

Re: exercise - I used to swim fast, intervals, etc. but now I just go to the pool and swim laps for 45 minutes, interspersed with a little bit of backstroke and kicking and a few breaks to catch my breath.  It's insane how fast my pulse gets up to 140!  My yoga practice - I'm a sputtering sweating mess over in the corner but it leaves me feeling totally awesome most of the time (extremely exhausted on occasion).  I'm so looking forward to bending over again.

#20 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 08:26 AM

ugh... daylight savings... to start, I didn't even REALIZE it was this past weekend until I saw a friends' facebook post about it being after 6 and still light out duh.gif

DP has been especially irritated/inconvenienced by the time change (almost missed a deadline Mon. 'cause our microwave clock wasn't reset, and he was supposed to pick me up after my Girl Scout meeting last night, but the clock at his gym was wrong too!) - he was saying that someday we'll just be important enough people that we just WON'T change time... we'd have to have special apps for our computers, phones, etc., but hey, we'll be important enough!  I then suggested that we just go by GMT (since that's what our internet radio does anyway)... we got a good laugh out of it all, but we may or may not have been kidding. lol.gif

I've been a LOT more tired - even the week before daylight savings... I don't know if it's hormones or pushing myself too hard, or... ugh, just feeling tired and cranky and not ready for the baby to be here, but SO ready to not be pregnant anymore.

#21 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 10:04 AM

The hospital that I'm going to be birthing in encourages women to have a dressing gown/house coat that opens in the front to wear during labour if they would prefer to not wear hospital gowns. So yesterday I went out and bought mine. It's super cute, kimono style and it was on sale, so I won't feel bad when I bleed and goo all over it. :)

#22 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 05:24 PM

I don't *plan* to go to a hospital... but regardless of where I birth.. that sounds so cute!

I want some happy birthing... something to wear. I'm hoping to end up in a tub, but I'd like some pictures so I guess I'd better come up with at least a (new, cause what I own is trashed!) sports bra or hmmm... It's spring, there's got to be a cute bikini top I can get out there somewhere.

#23 of 59 Old 03-16-2011, 07:44 PM

im having a hard time walking and was really beating myself up about how out of shape i am.

it *really* wears me out and my pelvis starts screaming for a day or so after so i've been avoiding it. eep!

it gives me inspiration to keep trying because you guys are trying despite the discomfort it causes you, too. i started out pretty fat and have only gained 10 pounds. well i gained as much as 15, but have recently lost again. so at least i havent been gaining like mad. i dont need any more weight to battle after all is said and done. at age 41, weight comes off only with concerted effort and extended time.

33 weeks along and feeling pretty good excepting the pelvic pain. i will take pelvic pain over preeclampsia any day of the week.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#24 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 05:23 AM

Not having a good morning. Had a rough evening at Bible study last night. Mama Bear nearly brought the claws out last night, but that's another story for another forum. Then I started having BH contractions and pubic pain. Then I had a nightmare that really messed me up this morning, now I'm up, DS is up, my pubic pain isn't letting up, I'm depressed and there's NO CHOCOLATE here.

#25 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 05:57 AM

That stinks, becca, I would assume Bible study to be someplace where you could feel safe and peaceful.

Hang in there, geekgolightly.

#26 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 06:38 AM

*hug* to geekgolightly and becca

Re: being out of shape.  I am overweight, too, and by end of every pregnancy I am chastizing myself for not being more active and trying to get fit...but then the baby is born and all of the sudden the things I was struggling with (stairs, the little hill by my house) are easy again.  So I am trying to remember not to be too hard on myself, that pregnancy takes its toll and it's not ALL about how active I was/wasn't over the last few months.  And I'm so happy to hear that your BP etc are doing well, yay for no preeclampsia! 

geekgolightly likes this.
#27 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 06:52 AM

Morning all! I've had a rough week, but am in a better place now so can post without being too down. Pregnancy's great, dealing with some disfunctional team issues at work though.

I'm really starting to feel closer - on my walk yesterday, was feeling major cervix/pelvic stuff going on - ouchy! Someone at work had a baby this morning and the pic of the baby made me want to lactate and melt at the same time. Holy hormones, batman!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#28 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 07:43 AM

finally feeling the need to support the belly more...

feeling out of shape whenever I climb stairs (and walking ain't as easy as it used to be), but swimming is... easy :)

I have a cluster of stretch marks that showed up on the underside of my belly... I swear they weren't there yesterday morning, but they were there after my swim yesterday night.... WTF!?  I knew stretch marks might probably happen, but... WAAAAAAH gloomy.gif  (any belly balm suggestions?  I'm using a few different cocoa butter infusions... guess I have to be more vigilant about them.)

#29 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 09:08 AM

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you all! shamrocksmile.gif Trying to think of something "green" to do today with the kids. Besides recycling - we do that every day, haha. And I have no green foods or things to turn food green with. I have green tea... but that reminds me - I have a gf getting her master's, I believe in Public Health (bless her, she's trying so hard not to go to "the dark side" with medicine, and we have some of the best conversations about what she's learning vs what I'm learning or have experienced), and she told me yesterday "they've" found a fairly compelling link between drinking green tea during the first 3 months of pg and a doubled possibility of neural tube defects in the baby... Have you any of you heard of this? Is it all over the usual baby info sources and I missed it as a mom who didn't read much to begin with since I have two kids already and didn't buy any new books this time? Is this even a good place to ask or discuss this?

Hugs Becca & Geekgolightly - I've been so grateful for my hip pain mysteriously going away, I really hope you both experience some relief from the pelvic pain!

Cause pain just sucks!! :)

It's supposed to be in the low seventies here today, and I am DETERMINED to get off my butt and walk. This neighborhood is so pretty, so many flowers and what I assume to be dogwoods all bloomy and happy. Plus there's just enough hillishness that I can get some fairly good exercise without having to go too far. We have just two tiny windows in this basement apartment and my brain is begging for more sunshine. I feel for those of you still wrapped in a more wintry world!

#30 of 59 Old 03-17-2011, 11:44 AM

my pelvis has also been sore the last few weeks. Though I am sure part of it is that I am back to biking to work (this winter was too tough snow-wise for me to continue) so I've been doing around 60mi a week for the last three weeks or so.

I am *so* happy that this pregnancy seems as easy as Z's was, at least with how active I'm able to keep being! I've gained a bit more, but also started out lower, so I am actually less than I was w/ Z at this time, so I am sure that helps a bit. Today I biked to work and played ultimate frisbee at lunch. I'm still running a bit on the weekends but not more than 4-5mi at a time.

but yeah, its like my pelvic bone itself is aching afterwards. I kind of think I should ice it, but its odd to put an ice pack in one's crotch smile.gif

reelgeek, where did you get your gown? That is a good idea, I think I'd have been happier in a more comfy gown w/ Z, though I guess it wasn't on the top of my mind smile.gif

mom to z (June 2009) and m (may 2011)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page