Anyone else feel as though they might go at any second? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

More than just the braxton hicks or the contractions I have been having the whole pregnancy, I thought I was going into labor today!

I have been having the oh so warm feeling in my breast of the milk coming in.  I have been so so crampy with the contractions all day today.  I was all flushed at the diaper store today and actually had to sit down for a second after one contraction.  As my son and I were laying down for a nap I realized they were patterned too.  Later this evening it has gone to my lower back.  Man!!  Oh I am also taking my one to one course at The Montana Center for Psychic Studies.  We had a session today and one of the first things out of my teacher's mouth is whoa when are you due again.. I answered May 1st and he laughed at me and said are you sure?... that baby has taken up full residency!  I'm sure ya'll have all noticed how your baby is very present at times and checked out at others.  From a psychic perspective these baby beings really only check into their new bodies every once in a while as they grow inside of us.  By saying the baby has taken full residency he is saying the baby being is fully checked into its body and is ready to go.  Usually happens just before birth.. not a month and a half before! My midwife scheduled my orientation for the birth center and my lactation consultation earlier than normal and was really making it seem like I need all my ducks in a row NOW.  She had to argue with the nurse to schedule me early.  She was all like yes I know when her due date is but...  It was like she didn't want to say you are probably going early out loud!  This midwife also ordered an ultrasound when I transferred to her and the tech was asking if I was sure of my due date and replied well that is going to be one big baby!!

I want this little booger to grow a little more before he/she comes out.  Gosh typing this it is getting more intense!!  We are only half way through the semester and I would really love to make it till the end.  I could finish my Art History 2 class from home or take baby to the lecture.  I could take baby to my drawing studio.  I would be screwed with my 3d studio class.  Just too dangerous to bring baby to.  My prof said I could just complete more stone carvings at home. But man I love love love this class and would hate to miss it.  It would just be easier to finish the semester with her inside!  Maybe I'm just psyching myself out!!  Shit I'm a psychic I should know right!!??  Unfortunately when I am so emotionally tied to something I fog up my senses!!

#2 of 14 Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 AM

I feel like this one's gonna come earlier too. Not as early as now (of course I'm mid-late May), but definitely don't feel like I have 8 weeks left! 

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#3 of 14 Old 03-17-2011, 06:26 AM

I feel like I'm getting to the end of my rope (more tired, more emotional) earlier this time around. The other day almost felt like the day before I went into labour with DS2.  I'm 33 weeks now, so I am hoping for 4 more weeks at least.  I think for me alot of it is just that this is #3 and I am older and more tired....so I am trying to remind myself frequently that everyone I know thought they were going early with #3 and none of them did!! :P 

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#4 of 14 Old 03-17-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepetals View Post

I feel like I'm getting to the end of my rope (more tired, more emotional) earlier this time around. The other day almost felt like the day before I went into labour with DS2.  I'm 33 weeks now, so I am hoping for 4 more weeks at least.  I think for me alot of it is just that this is #3 and I am older and more tired....so I am trying to remind myself frequently that everyone I know thought they were going early with #3 and none of them did!! :P 

I really identify... I had such a hormonally fueled jealous melt-down yesterday - the only good news was that I was the only one who knew I had it! My dh is so sweet, and he's never given me a reason to be even kind of jealous... my brain just went nuts on me. And I knew that's what it was, but I still drove back by to see if he'd gone where he'd said he'd go after we met for lunch (he did, of course) and the kids didn't know what I was up to, thank God. I felt so silly!!! But the tiredness and emotional frying is really getting old.

My first two labors and births were just almost identical, and I've always heard that the third is the surprise package. I'm trying to let go of that vision of labor and birthing.., But I don't want to!! They were great! Both the day after their EDDs, too... it would just be nice to tell myself that's when this baby will happen. Oddly enough, my EDD this time was the same EDD my mom had with me, May 28th. But I showed up May 22nd, the shortest, wildest and most painful of her three vaginal births. Would've been shorter if they hadn't held her legs together!

Of course, I am her third child.

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#5 of 14 Old 03-17-2011, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

I went to see my midwife today after classes. I managed to make it to all 3 which was great because I was able to discuss my worries of not being able to complete the semester with all of the professors.  All of which told me not to worry I would complete the semester just fine even if not in the classes.  It was nice.. they all acted like I was crazy for being so concerned.  Kind of made me feel like I need to be putting this baby first.  Which I think I am but Jesus we are talking about $10,000  in debt and needing these courses done to move on into my emphasis.  When I decided to go back to school baby was not supposed to be a part of this picture until the end of April.  I hope I don't sound horrible...

Anyway I realized I hadn't felt movement after the terrible cramping and contractions last night.  I use the park n ride and when I stood up to get on the bus I realized I left a wet spot on the bench.  I was freaking out.  

Post midwife visit everything is OK!  I am having regular contractions.  I am not leaking amniotic fluid.  Baby's doing just fine and moving.  As soon as the doppler hit my skin baby was kicking and punching!  The baby for the most part is just moving differently.  Rolling instead of the jabby bouncy stuff I was used to.  The rolling is causing the contractions.  So is being plain over worked, tired, not eating or drinking enough.  My midwife said I REALLY need to take it more easy.  That my busy life style could cause the baby to come early.  I don't the whole thing now is making me cry.  I am on my own with a 3 yo.  He spends 2 days a week with his Papa who freakin moved me to the other damn side of the country from my family.  I don't know how I'm supposed to lighten my load.  My education is all I have going for us to open up possibilities for us.  

Gosh... well she thinks I will go early but now!  The more I can mellow the longer this baby will be able to gestate.  

#6 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 05:21 AM

Is there any way for him to take more days or for your mom (or another family member) to come help? I know it's asking much, but if it means the difference between having a term baby and having a preemie, it may be necessary. Sorry for all the trouble. At least baby's doing ok!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#7 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 07:18 AM

I had a pretty intense BH contraction last night in the middle of the night that woke me up. It was so intense, I got this wave of panic over me that reminded me of labor last time and I started to freak a little, thinking, is this labor!? But I haven't had a BH since and that was at like 3:30 this morning. Craziness. I know it's way too early for that, so I am not really freaked, but yeah, I feel like at any moment, the real thing could happen.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#8 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 07:49 AM

This is the first time I have not felt like I could go early.  I always get that "done" feeling a month before my EDD and I'm getting there, but after having 3 babies, all past their EDD, I'm not even entertaining the thought this time.  I definately am getting a lot of BH contractions though.  Some of them make me stop and pay attention.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#9 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 08:32 AM

I was either right on time or late with DD1 and DD2 but I always feel I will go early because I get so many BH contractions.  I am plenty hydrated but, at least, once a week I get a period of an hour or so where they are really intense.  It's usually when I am doing house cleaning.  I am hoping to go to 39+ weeks with this one but not past 40 weeks as the alarm bells start going off when you are 40 yrs old and come close to 40 wks.  THey assume your placenta will drop out and baby will be stillborn.

#10 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 AM

I've been thinking the same a lot lately. About a week ago the intense pelvic pain came back, but I don't think it's an infection this time. I think it's baby's positioning and the whole relaxin hormone thing. I've had long lasting and intense BH daily several times a day. They last 10+ minutes each, but I've yet to sit down and see if there's any pattern to them. I suppose I should. Doing nothing at all sends them coming on, plus I've had menstrual cramps in tummy and vaginally for days off and on many times they are accompanied with excruciating back pain. No, I've not called my midwife, and yes, I know those are possibly pre-term labor signs. I just can't see calling EVERY time I feel it as I'd be on the phone daily! In addition I'm beyond exhausted - mentally and physically and have been having some pretty intense chest pains with the slightest cough or deeper breaths. I do not remember ANY of this with DS, so I'm a bit concerned, but I figure it's all normal and I've forgotten all of this, lol. I'm just taking a wait and see approach and if it gets any worse I will be placing a call to the office.

I have an apt Tuesday and I'm supposed to head to the hospital for pre-reg and talking over my birth plan with them afterward. I figure for now it can wait and I can save us 70 miles round trip visit to the midwife. We've always thought she'd be early... maybe a week or so, but not THIS early.

#11 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

I considered having my son be with Papa more but it is really not the best thing for my son. Then I have to say what is best for this baby...  My son really does not do well with more than 2 days at papa's.  Anything over that and I have hell to deal with when he gets back to my house.  It's all attachment issues I have been sorting out for the past year.  I went from a sahm to a working mom to a single mom in 3 months and then he had to deal with 2 homes etc.  Anytime he is at papa's longer he his plain hurt and angry with me.  In his head I am abandoning him when he is at papa's and at school / daycare.  A couple of therapist later we have it figured out!  It's really hard.  I figured out in journaling last night that I am putting this baby last or pushing it to the back of the line.  To balance everything out I plan to have a friend help me make a weeks worth of meals on Sundays so I make sure I am eating a lot better than I have been.  I am going to accept the offer a friend made to come clean my house once a week.  I am going to order sheets for this arms reach thing and take care of the car seat today and call my list good.  I told my ex I will not being moving forward on any divorce paperwork/ proceedings until a month after this baby is born. (HUGE STRESS RELIEF)  I will set my bed time at 9 pm to make sure I am getting enough sleep and I will not stress over what I have not completed!  If this is all not enough I will talk to my professors and handle the rest of the semester as though I was put on bed rest.  Oh and I have asked my family...  Spring break is 2 weeks away.  I will just be chillin with my little man!

#12 of 14 Old 03-18-2011, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzie View Post

My first two labors and births were just almost identical, and I've always heard that the third is the surprise package. I'm trying to let go of that vision of labor and birthing.., But I don't want to!! They were great! Both the day after their EDDs, too... it would just be nice to tell myself that's when this baby will happen. Oddly enough, my EDD this time was the same EDD my mom had with me, May 28th. But I showed up May 22nd, the shortest, wildest and most painful of her three vaginal births. Would've been shorter if they hadn't held her legs together!

Of course, I am her third child.

My third birth and timing was very similar to my first 2...so be encouraged...it can happen.  My dd came 4 days early, DS1 came on his due date and DS2(#3) came the day before his due date...nice quick 2 hours of active labor and baby(DS1 was about the same).

And I felt like I could go early with my #3 baby...but didn't happen...so I'm just expecting #4 to follow the same pattern...to come in the due date week and to not be a very long labor.  I am definitely having tons of BH and even some real contractions thrown in, especially at night if my bladder gets too full...they wake me up because my back hurts.  I definitely have to rest more this time around and I think it just has to do with it being baby #4 and with me being older(even though I'm not really that old...only 31). 

OP-I hope you are able to relax and find a way to make life a little easier for you and your son in the coming months!

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#13 of 14 Old 03-20-2011, 09:37 AM

Nope. Only one of mine came at 39w6d, and all the others have gone over. I'd be shocked to go early.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#14 of 14 Old 03-21-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L&K'smommie View Post

My third birth and timing was very similar to my first 2...so be encouraged...it can happen.  

OP-I hope you are able to relax and find a way to make life a little easier for you and your son in the coming months!

Yes, please, on both counts! :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page