Chat thread 3/21-3/27 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-23-2011, 11:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This was fun to watch.  I have been watching birthing videos with my son and most of them have been orgasmic births.  I have been visualizing a faster less painful birth.  I have been actually looking very forward to the orgasmic part....it's been a long time!

http://<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U9K4bYlvzv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM

mama_mich, that's very normal in my experience.  I felt tons of guilt on top of all the happiness that DS2 brought (and to a much lesser extent, I even felt it when DS1 was born because we knew how much our furbaby, our first love :P, would be affected by his arrival.  My mom thought I was such a big loser for that :P).  Having another baby doesn't change the level of love you have for the first, but it does mean life adjusts to a new normal and you have to live through the good and the not-so-good of that shift.  For me, it helped to focus on the gift I was giving each of my kids by expanding their circle of family by one more person.  There were surely times when DS1's reaction to baby (primarily because he wanted to nurse, but had forgotten how) was heart wrenching for me, but we all made it through and now the two of them are so adorable together, they are best buds (most of the time :P).  And the other thing I've found helpful is that as DS2 got older and could be left with someone for an hour or two, it became possible for DS1 and I to have those special moments of just the two of us again...it's fun to have one on one time with each of them, such a different dynamic than having all of us together.

I worry as I reach the end of pregnancy and my patience wears thin whether I am going to be able to stretch myself to be mommy to three at once...but I am just clinging to the fact that it worked out last time, and it will again this time.  I hope...!

Old 03-24-2011, 02:26 PM

Neither of my kids want to be at the birth. I'm cool with that but a little sad.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

Old 03-24-2011, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Neither of my kids want to be at the birth. I'm cool with that but a little sad.

Wow... I should ask mine what they want! Hadn't even crossed my mind yet. Actually I know dd will want to be there.. I think ds will be more take-it-or-leave-it, but then dh and I haven't really talked about if we want them with us or not... and then if he's not there, how will that change? Not sure. Hmmm.

There are so many of you I wanted to respond to directly! :) And I can't remember them all now that I'm caught up. SallyNichole, I would HEAVILY 2nd the "keep your knickers on!!!" advice. There's really no reason for them to check you, especially if nothing's going on. It *can* be a sneaky way for them to talk you into an induction... (well, you're already 4cm, why don't we just get this going? etc etc Or they'll strip your bag without telling you or WITH telling you, just not *asking* you) I mean, how do you know if you're 4cm or 0 or 9? You're just assuming they're being honest. THAT BEING SAID... you know your OB, and you know what you're comfortable with. Just know you really do not have to allow them to do vaginals if you don't want them to. Your body, your baby, your birth.

Jr'smom and Ryleeee and Reelgeek... I am so sorry you're sick! Staying relatively healthy has saved me this time around. I had two bouts with stomach bugs last time and nothing is worse than throwing up with this big belly in front of you. And I get caught in the mucus/cough/gag/puke routine too. I did when I was sick with both morning sickness and pneumonia last fall. :/

mama-mich, I had a hard time when I was pg with my 2nd too... felt horribly guilty for having another baby when dd was so young, and then horribly guilty for being obsessed with dd and not at all tuned in to my 2nd pg! Vicious cycle. But I think realizing it's a huge change and dealing with how things won't ever be the same again now is much better than being smacked with that immediately post partum! Maybe there's things you can do to help deal with that? Make some kind of "mommy and me" book with your little man, for both of you to look at together while you're nursing or something? Like you don't already have plenty of other stuff to do!! :)  On your road trip.. the farthest I took my two (at 2 months and 20 months) was 750 miles. I had someone else with me to drive, and we spent the night halfway through. No matter how long you think it will take, it will probably take at least half again as much time, if not twice at long. I usually made that drive in one day before the kids were with me. And my two really did just fine. So... whatever that's worth. :)

Now back to making dinner AND eating watermelon. :)

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM

Lizzie with bad taste intended your belly is looking sooo big!!  It sems like you have such a small frame and and then bam big baby up front!  Helps me understand the way people have been looking at me!  I love the younger girls in my classes who ask me the cutest questions about pregnancy with wide astonished eyes on the belly!  I tell to imagine a 5 lb human inside them!  You look amazing!!!  Thanks for your response to the slap up side the head and the road trip.  I really love the Mama and Me book time idea!

Bluepetals You are gonna rock it girl!!  I found out going through some 3 yo behavior stuff with my son that there is tolerance and patience.  Patience is a plenty it has a way of replenishing itself.  Tolerance on the other hand... well some times you just have none!!  And it's ok.  Once he understood I will not tolerate telling him something 3 times I didn't have to worry about having enough patience to deal with repeating myself!!!  Ok kind of went off there.  I can totally see my son wanting to nurse again or at least trying it out. He has noticed every growth spurt my breast have had this pregnancy.  He squished them the other day and said "You makin lots of milk for the baby?"  I don't have a problem with him testing it out or trying it out I don't want to make anything weird.  But I could totally see his Papa flipping on this.  I don't think it would be right to say don't tell your papa!  I also don't feel like I need to bring it up to his papa now.  What to do?  Am I worrying about nothing?

On a funny note... my friend had some gas last night and she referred to it as a barking spider.  My son ask "Her have a spider in her butt?" completely seriously!  Well maybe a little worriedly!

Old 03-24-2011, 09:50 PM

Lizzie with NOOOO bad taste intended JEEZ!

Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Bluepetals You are gonna rock it girl!!  ....I can totally see my son wanting to nurse again or at least trying it out. He has noticed every growth spurt my breast have had this pregnancy.  He squished them the other day and said "You makin lots of milk for the baby?"  I don't have a problem with him testing it out or trying it out I don't want to make anything weird.  But I could totally see his Papa flipping on this.  I don't think it would be right to say don't tell your papa!  I also don't feel like I need to bring it up to his papa now.  What to do?  Am I worrying about nothing?

DS2 is totally going to want to nurse again when baby comes.  He asks all the time now - but he forgot how to latch, just like his brother did when iw as pregnant with him.  He opens wide, goes on and then....nothing.  I encourage him to suck but he can't sweem to figure out the coordination of it or something.  We took a break because he had a cold sore (I was being cautious!), and in that couple of weeks of having "pretend milky" through my shirt, he forgot.  It's crazy how fast it happens...but lots of kid seem to pick it back up, so maybe he will yet.  We'll see. 

Old 03-25-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_mich View Post

Goodness gracious.  You must just be so done!  Have you ever seen a homeopath?

Thanks for the suggestion.  If this continues I will.  I've never had the need to before because I am so rarely ill!  I know my chiropractic care keeps my immune system in good shape normally, but I'm just so worn out!  Yesterday I was at work 16 hours!  Mostly on my feet.  I had office hours seeing patients in the morning, then set up a special "Ladies Night" event  that we ran from 5:30 to 8:30 then cleaned up afterward.  I left before the rest of my staff, but it was after 10pm.  I haven't even stayed up that late in a long time.  I didn't get to sleep until midnight.  Still hacking, but managed to sleep without cough syrup.  (So I am getting better!) 

Today, I had a homeschool conference.  I slept until 6:45 then we hurried to get the kids ready,e at breakfast, and get there on time.  It was really good.  I especially appreciated that they had kids' workshops that were excellent and that they loved!  They even had a play area for our 2 year old.  My husband and I got to attend classes together and see the kids between every class and get them to their next workshop.  Nice! 

We're doing the same thing tomorrow, then Sunday is a day of complete REST!  (At  least for me!)

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM

Getting ready for the shower. I think this might be the last weekend I could do this and not just lie on the sofa and be like "meh, go away" :P So much to get ready! I just made three batches of GF corn muffins and we're prepping all the veg to go in the crock pot tomorrow (we're making two crock pots of chili). I did not get nearly as much done as I had hoped today, as I had an epic bout of laziness. Now I am kicking myself cause we are going to be running around like crazy tomorrow. Oh well, It'll be fun in the end.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:45 AM

So, since this place has had to suffer through all my bitching I thought I better share the good stuff, too. My pubic pain has been greatly reduced this week! YEE! I'm just hoping that doesn't mean she's turned head up but even is she has I still appreciate the break. I'm also back to sleeping really well. Last night I even slept through the night and didn't have to get up and pee once! :) It's the little things in life.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:51 PM

Why Thank YOU, Mama_mich! :)

SallyNichole, it REALLY is at this point... sleep is just amazing! :)

Old 03-27-2011, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
too funny - i just asked haye if he wants to be at the birth and this was our convo:

h: uh...yes! then i can watch her come out of ... uh... what's that called again?
me: well...probably not bud, because i am planning on having her in the water but you can be there with us
h: oh. alright. that will be fun.
me: yeah...but what if i scream? would that freak you out?
h: no. nothing freaks me out mom. EXCEPT BATS!!!!!!!

also...can i just say EIGHT WEEKS LEFT HOLY SMOKES.
my friend gave birth to a beautiful little man named jude elliot yesterday. jude is haye's middle name so i'm partial to it. he is sooo cute.

mama to 9 year old h  and 3 year old z

Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 PM

lol, ryleeee :)  We have discussed it with our oldest, who is 5 and a half, and his input is: "Umm, I don't want to see it come out and I want the cord to be cut before I come in, okay?"  When I was pregnant with his brother, he would run from the midwife's office every time the Doppler came out to listen to baby's heartbeat, so we will take what we can get :P

Old 03-27-2011, 08:47 PM

SOOO funny, Ryleeee! Too cute!

And I belatedly wanted to add my agreement that having a babe in arms beats heck out of being this pg WITH A STICK, for all of you first time moms ready to be done and getting the "just wait til the baby's here!" commentary. My daughter more or less didn't sleep for the first three weeks (though she had blood curdling screams and miserable sobs down pat) after she was born and breastfeeding was a battleground of pain and frustration - it did NOT make me long to be waddling around in slow motion and pain, unable to sleep even without a crying baby around.

Having that little lady in my arms was the constant comfort that trying to *imagine* her in my arms never fully gave me. And when dh took over, ear plugs and being able to sleep on my stomach were the keys to my sanity.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:56 AM

Freakin 35 weeks today!!!!  SO excited. Some kind of fire got lit under my ass too.  I didn't really get to knock anything off my list but I'm not afraid of what my son and I might catch if we sit on the floor or use a kitchen counter anymore!!  My son was cute with helping with daily chores that have been piling up.  "no no Mama let me" as he took the vacuum out of my hands!!  I was able to get the vending, workshop, and information booth application stuff written up for the music festival I help throw!  Now I just have to meet with the web designer!!  And well the 9:00 bedtime just ain't happenin!

User Tag List