Epic Hugeness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel like I'm just huger every single day now.  I don't know why I needed to start a thread about it, but is this for real?  33 weeks?  He's going to keep gaining and getting bigger?

Oh my goodness.  I'm measuring right on target for my gestation period.  Is there a point when the growth slows down?

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#2 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 09:00 AM

All I can say is I sympathize!!! I'm so much bigger, so much earlier than with my first. Still on target measurement wise, but I feel HUGE!

#3 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 09:53 AM

I totally catch sight of myself sideways in mirrors and go WHOA! a lot. I know I still have bigger to get too, which seems INSANE.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#4 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 10:12 AM

the babies are packing on fat now so it's amazing how big you get at the end.  i remember thinking i looked fine for most of my pregnancy with dd until the last 4-6 weeks.  i have a picture of me about a week before she was born and i look like a little head on top of a HUGE belly.  it's hilarious.  but a little freaky when you start outgrowing your maternity clothes... ugh.  

and this time around i feel bigger than i did with dd... i'm a little frightened about these next 2 months!!

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#5 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 10:21 AM

yes - I have a few maternity tops I can't wear to work anymore, as they're getting too short!  They still fit me horizontally... but that doesn't cut it.

And yup, the kids are putting on about half a pound every week at this point.  I felt like I was looking really tiny for X weeks... up until about two weeks ago.  That's also the point when the skin just below my belly button started KILLING me, too.  Sigh.  Now I feel like I might actually look like I'm nearing the end of the pregnancy, I feel awkward moving around (getting out of the recliner at home, for instance), and I can tell the stretch marks are coming.  Such is life!

At the same time, I kind of sit there going "only 6 weeks to go?!?" even when I'm looking in the mirror.  Crud, but there's still a lot to do!

****5****10****15****20****25****30*@**35 ****40
Due May 4th!
#6 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 11:29 AM

I, too, am huge! And HOT - I have this flushing thing going on, and I don't have any short-sleeved maternity tops (some on order, though!). So I've been wandering around work in tank tops - flashing my tattoo (upper arm) and all. So glad I have such a relaxed work environment!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#7 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 11:48 AM

I totally forgot the hot part - I'm dying in my sweater at work today!  And even though I'm cold when I crawl into bed, I inevitably kick off all the sheets in the night at this point.  I swear, I'm ready to break out the fan.  I'm so glad that I'm not huge in July!

Due May 4th!
#8 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 11:52 AM

HAHA. As I started reading this I had a crazy hot flash. It sucks cause it's still cold and wet outside so I dress for that and then sweat to death.

Sigh. 37 days til leave, then I can walk around the house in my underwear all I please.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#9 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 05:42 PM

Yeah, maternity tops are getting on the short side for me too. Typical cuz of my long torso. I have a tendency to forget that I have a tummy out in front once in a while and bonk it into things. LOL

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#10 of 14 Old 03-22-2011, 07:43 PM
tzs

i'm there with y'alls. you just can't imagine getting any huger. but then i remember with dd i also had the same sentiment and somehow it worked out. i just try not to look in too many mirrors.

Reluctant 'Sconie, chassid and mama to sweet toughie Ada Bluma 9/9/09 and loving pittie-mix ("Judge the deed, not the breed!")
#11 of 14 Old 03-23-2011, 06:20 AM

Same thing on the long torso front... I have trouble finding shirts that fit me even when I'm not carrying a beach ball around with me... when I first got my maternity shirts, I was in love just because they were long.  Sigh.  It was nice while it lasted!

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Due May 4th!
#12 of 14 Old 03-23-2011, 07:01 AM

I was just saying to my friend the other day, "There is simply no more room in here. We're at capacity! No vacancy! This kid just cannot cannot cannot get bigger. I don't see how it's going to happen."

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#13 of 14 Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 AM

look up pix of Kate Gosselin and Octomom and you'll feel a bit better about belly size haha

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#14 of 14 Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 AM

yep- feeling hot and huge:)  And after months of not gaining much at all, it is *all* coming on at the end...seriously, I got on the scale this morning and thought "how is it possible I gained 3 lbs in one day?!?"  Yay for water retention;)

J - Birth doula and *very* grateful mama to bouncy Q, fancy F, and mighty F!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page