What are you looking forward to the most? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As I get closer and closer to my due date, I keep swinging back and forth between "Holy crap! I'm totally not prepared! Need more time!" and "I cannot wait for this kiddo to get here! Bring it on!"

I was wondering what other mamas are most excited about in terms of having their babies. I think I am mostly looking forward to finding out the gender (we decided to be surprised!), and to seeing my baby and my dog (my first "baby") meet each other.

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#2 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 08:25 AM

Honestly, I'm just looking forward to not being pregnant anymore. People always think I'm horrible, but I really don't like being pregnant. It's something I have to do in order to get the baby. I want the baby, just don't like the 9 months it takes to get here. Does that make sense? I'm tired of waddling, tired of groin pain all the time (SPD), tired of not being able to clean the barn in less than 2 weeks, not being able to stack hay more than 2 bales high, etc. It's all minor stuff really, but it's annoying as it's all stuff that needs to be done and my poor hubby has to take up the slack as well as work a full time job.

I also am really looking forward to seeing how my dd, 9, relates to the little one. She's so excited about it now, hopefully that sort of stays after it gets here! :D

#3 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 08:35 AM - Thread Starter

Oh no, not horrible at all! I think lots of women, by the later stages, think, 'this has been fun, but it's been nine months and I am done.' My sisters in law all felt that way. A midwife friend of mine said that in a way, that can be a really good mindset for a woman. It means she's psychologically ready for the next stage of caring for the baby. I'm pretty psyched about being able to tie my own shoes again. I feel like the hugest dork in the world when DH has to lean over to lace up my boots for me (I feel like I'm in kindergarten again).

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#4 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 09:55 AM

put me in the "looking forward to not being pregnant" club.

I can still reach my feet and tie my own shoes (it ain't EASY, but I can do it)... I'm still running up stairs and lifting things (freaking people out in the process - "woah, you need to slow down/let me carry that" etc.), but I'm extremely uncomfortable (usually 1 day a week is kind of unbearable, the other 6 days are just uncomfortable), I'm seeing stretchmarks (*whimper*), and I can't WAIT to do strenuous exercise/dance again.  who EVER thought I'd miss pushups, situps, and tour jerotexts (I am butchering the french in the dance moves, but shhh!)?!

Also, I'd really like to go to my friends' annual fundraiser birthday party at a cigar bar (3 days before my EDD), but being in a smoky cigar/scotch club is probably frowned upon when you're as big as a house, even if you're not smoking yourself... still trying to figure out how to make an appearance (without harming the kiddo) if I'm not in labor... 

oh yeah, I've been saving a nice bottle of whiskey for when the kidlet is here... my midwife is totally okay with occasional drinks during pregnancy (glass of wine with dinner [not every night, tyvm], tastes of peoples' drinks, etc), but I've been saving this as a celebratory thing (and just one glass, since I'm BFing) :)

#5 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partaria View Post

As I get closer and closer to my due date, I keep swinging back and forth between "Holy crap! I'm totally not prepared! Need more time!" and "I cannot wait for this kiddo to get here! Bring it on!"

this is totally me.  i feel unprepared in many ways (mostly just house preparation-wise, not emotionally), but am also really anxious to meet this baby. 

we also don't know the sex, so i'm excited for that and just to hold him/her.  also looking forward to our family growing and how dd (nearly four) will be with her little brother or sister. 

i too, am looking forward to not being pregnant anymore and to just getting my body back and being able to do things which now seem difficult.  i am trying to enjoy pregnancy in the meantime, i remember a few months after i had dd, i kind of missed being pregnant so i'm trying hard not to wish it was over so much.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#6 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 10:28 AM

I'm really not too tired of being pregnant yet, but that could change at any time. I am looking forward to being able to lay on my stomach, have more energy, run without ligament pain and a big belly, not having to get up so many times in the night to pee, and not having to worry so much about what I eat. But most of all, I can't wait to meet this baby, see what he looks like, learn his personality, bond with him, breastfeed again, put sweet little newborn clothes and diapers on him, that sweet newborn smell... Mostly those things are what have me the most excited.

Happily married, busy mom to a houseful :-)

Expecting again early Oct 2014!

#7 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM

i am mostly looking forward to watching my son meet her smile.gif

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#8 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 07:22 PM

i'm definitely in the "looking forward to not being pregnant" club!  i'm not a person who loves it either.  9 weeks honestly seems like such a looooong time right now :(

i'm also really excited to see dd's reaction to her little sister!  however, she's only 3 and she's been such a mellow kid so far, i'm afraid the baby will trigger (or coincide) with the "terribles" stage i keep anticipating.  but she's so excited to meet her sister right now!

and i really can't wait to meet this baby!!  i'm excited to bond with her and to see what she looks like and what kind of personality she has.  it's hard to imagine loving another child like i do dd but i know it happens and i look forward to that experience as well :)

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#9 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 07:57 PM

I cannot WAIT to not be pregnant anymore.  This pregnancy has been hard on me with the symphysis pubis dysfunction - I have been in pain since 9 or 10 weeks.  Every single day.  So, I'm ready for that to be over. 

I am really looking forward to holding a snuggly newborn again.  I can't wait for a teeny baby to sleep on my chest. 

DD#1 dust.gif (May '08); new sweet baby girl (May '11) vbac.gif
#10 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 PM

#1 thing I'm looking forward to is snuggling and sniffing and loving on a wee one.  I was at the doctor today and there was a 2 week old baby in the waiting room and I seriously wanted to devour him :P  I can't wait for our little family babymoon in our cottage by the sea...the 2 days we spent without visitors after DS2 was born were among the best of my life.  Can't wait for that!

I am also looking forward to having the birth behind me.  I've had two textbook-perfect, unmedicated births (one at home), and while the home birth was empowering in terms of looking back and reflecting on it, actually going through the birth process is not something I look forward to.  I just want it done and over with. I feel bad saying that because I am so lucky to have had everything go well, but I don't feel a real spiritual connection or welcoming feeling or whatever to birth.  Something I still have time to work on, I guess...

#11 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Also so excited to not be pregnant but more excited to not wonder or stress when I'm going to actually have this baby.  Excited to see my son with baby.  I love love love nursing so I'm stoked for that.  I'm excited to be like most everyone else and not have to wobble everywhere I walk. Wobbling is just embarrassing for me!  To have energy again!

Mainly I'm excited to show my awesome kids off together!!  Yea I've got super rad awesome kids!!!

#12 of 30 Old 03-23-2011, 08:42 PM

Whipped Cream Vodka.  orngbiggrin.gif

Also nursing, and that delightfully yummy smell of baby head, and having a squishy newborn to take pictures of, and seeing my boys with their little brother.  

Lacie, mama to Ethan (5), Logan (2), and Dylan, born 5/12/11!

#13 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 05:04 AM

Seeing all three of my kids interact with each other, newborn EBF poop, breastfeeding, that baby head smell, wrap lovies, and being able to stay up past 10PM!

Definitely add me to the "not wanting to be pregnant anymore" club. I'm miserable. DH thinks I need to eat more protein. I think my little symbiote is just sucking the life out of me.

I'm still freaking out over the things left to do... but can't wait to see my little boy!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#14 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 05:56 AM

What a great thread.

This is my first, and I LOVE children and babies.  I know there will be rough times but I'm ecstatic to meet my little guy, the offspring of my wonderful DH and I.  I can't wait to meet our first splice! 

I'm hoping that breastfeeding is really nurturing for both of us.  I'm excited to move into a new phase in my life and have a cute new priority that keeps me out of my own head and in the world.

We know a lot of other people's babies and I'm so looking forward to being the ones the baby knows best.  The ones who calm him when he is being passed around and gets a little crunchy.

I am VERY much looking forward to not being pregnant anymore and I've only started not loving pregnancy in the third trimester.  This heavy feeling, the inability to work out like I like to, do real yoga, and just bend over... go up and down stairs without feeling winded.... get IN AND OUT OF BED without pushing off something or someone... and not having someone bouncing on my bladder are all seeming very nice to me.  People have made me feel a little self-conscious of this urge - OH you should enjoy this time, it's going to be so hard when the baby comes... well guess what I don't buy that, and I don't believe you quite remember what it's like to be 34 weeks pregnant... ok?

geekgolightly likes this.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#15 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 06:28 AM

I'm in the same boat as you.
I'm getting a pregnacy belt today. Hope it helps.
#16 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annaconda View Post

I am VERY much looking forward to not being pregnant anymore and I've only started not loving pregnancy in the third trimester.  This heavy feeling, the inability to work out like I like to, do real yoga, and just bend over... go up and down stairs without feeling winded.... get IN AND OUT OF BED without pushing off something or someone... and not having someone bouncing on my bladder are all seeming very nice to me.  People have made me feel a little self-conscious of this urge - OH you should enjoy this time, it's going to be so hard when the baby comes... well guess what I don't buy that, and I don't believe you quite remember what it's like to be 34 weeks pregnant... ok?

*All* of this for me.

The bladder issues, peeing when I sneeze, cough or vomit. Really uncomfortable as well. I am tired of having to take labetalol and worry about my blood pressure. I am tired of weekly visits to the perinatologist. I want to stop peeing on sticks checking for protein and ketones. I want to be able to turn over in bed without my hips screaming at me! I want to stop worrying that I am going to become preeclamptic and die.

Oh man, I am so so so glad that I will finally meet the baby that I have been trying so hard for these past three years, but honestly? I am more looking forward to just not being pregnant. These bodily sensations and worries currently are overshadowing everything else. I want to be human again!

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#17 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb9906 View Post

I cannot WAIT to not be pregnant anymore.  This pregnancy has been hard on me with the symphysis pubis dysfunction - I have been in pain since 9 or 10 weeks.  Every single day.  So, I'm ready for that to be over. 

Ditto!hug2.gif

#18 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 08:10 AM

I am looking forward to seeing my feet again when I stand up. I also think that every day that goes by I get more and more excited about meeting this little person who's inside of me. I want to know what his/her name is! I am also just looking forward to experiencing motherhood and interacting with a wee one. I am also really really excited to see my husband and the baby bonding smile.gif

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#19 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 08:13 AM

I'm excited about my planned home birth. I'm excited for my boys, hubby and I to meet our new addition to the family and I'm excited to no longer be pregnant. biggrinbounce.gif

I've been waking up every morning feeling like I've been hit by a bus and that I should go back to sleep for a few more hours. Ugh...

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#20 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM

I'm looking forward to being able to get up from the couch without it feeling like a total body workout.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.
#21 of 30 Old 03-24-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttarail View Post

I'm in the same boat as you.
I'm getting a pregnacy belt today. Hope it helps.

If it's any comfort, mine has really helped... to the point that for the past couple of weeks, I haven't needed it so desperately. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeliberato View Post

I'm looking forward to being able to get up from the couch without it feeling like a total body workout.

YES, please. Tired of feeling like a turtle on my back... and of making sure there is absolutely nothing I can think of to do standing up before I sit or lie down, because if there IS something else to do... it's not worth getting all the way down there yet.

I am really looking forward to breastfeeding again. I missed that even more than I'd missed being pregnant in the past. I can't wait for the kids to meet their new little sibling (cracks me up when they call 'him' that... the way my son says "sibling" is too adorable), nor can I wait for my husband and I to meet this little one! We've never waited to find out the gender before, so it will be an added bonus. I can't wait to see how this birth actually plays out... here in the apt? at the birth center? will my dh be home? will I be doing this without him? will the birth be just like my other two, which were practically identical? will my midwife really leave us alone as much as we want if we do go to the birth center? who IS this little person steaming around like mad in my belly??

Actually, this week I've had an unexpected burst of energy going on, and my feet have not been killing me for a change, so right now, being pg is ok. This time next week, hard to say!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#22 of 30 Old 03-25-2011, 05:13 AM

I am looking forward to seeing HD be a dad. For some reason, it's stranger for me to think of him being old enought to be a dad than it is for me to be a mom. I'm also due a week before mother's day and my grandma's birthday, so I'm thinking it's not out of the realm of possibilities for little Hannah to be born on one of those days and that would be awesome, especially my gmas b-day. We're naming the lady baby after my grams, so it would be double amounts of awesome if she were born on her birthday. 

#23 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 10:58 AM

I am also on team 'looking forward to not being pregnant'. While my pregnancy hasn't been as bad as some, the hip pain, restricted diet and inability to sleep on my back for an entire night would be nice to go away.

Also looking forward to meeting the little guy, getting to know his personality and just being a parent/family with my husband. Plus, I want to dress him up, stroll him around, have a glass of wine at lunch with other Moms on patios in the sun, enjoy my time off work (no whiny engineers, priority shifts or deadlines for 6 months! - although I do love my job) and show him off to all my friends. We're pretty much the first to have babies in our crew, even though I'm 34. :)

#24 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 11:08 AM

looking forward to not being pregnant(although at the same time trying to enjoy it while it lasts), nursing an infant, babywearing, etc. Looking forward for birth to be done with :) Hopefully it's a good experience this time around. It was good last time, just exhausting and very painful, but natural which is what I wanted. Surprisingly looking forward to being doted on after baby comes. I'm getting help now, but after baby arrives, my family just jumps in and helps any way they can. I also have an amazing church family that loves to help and serve others, so I have a feeling the first few weeks to even 6 weeks I'll have all the help I need. This is important to me since DH is gone so much for work to know that I have a "tribe" so to say to depend on, and I don't feel bad about it. Looking forward to not having to pee every 10 minutes(unless I'm purposely not drinking water, which is bad, I know), and really just excited to see my baby girl's face, to see what she looks like!

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#25 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 05:26 PM

I'm actually NOT tired of being pregnant yet!  (I'm tired of being sick--but that's another story!) 

I'm looking forward to meeting this baby and seeing my kids' reactions to the new baby.  I especially want to see what my two year old thinks.  I'm sure she has little idea that a baby is coming (and staying!)

I'm also looking forward to having 3 months off work and spending all this time with my family.  We have a vacation house in Wisconsin that I anticipate we'll spend a couple weeks at a time at swimming in the lake and having picnics on the beach.

I'm looking forward to nursing, but not looking forward to pumping.  I've had a 5 month break after 6 years of constantly nursing at least one child.  Nursing a newborn is so gentle and peaceful.  But I start freaking out right away about stocking up a freezer supply because I know I can't keep up once I get back to work.  Somehow we've managed not to supplement with anything until after each baby has been 1 year old--but it's always a struggle.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#26 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 PM

I'm also looking forward to nursing again and snuggling with a baby. My 5 year-old is growing out of the snuggly stage and my arms are starting to feel empty :)

#27 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

I'm actually NOT tired of being pregnant yet!  (I'm tired of being sick--but that's another story!) 

I'm looking forward to meeting this baby and seeing my kids' reactions to the new baby.  I especially want to see what my two year old thinks.  I'm sure she has little idea that a baby is coming (and staying!)

I'm also looking forward to having 3 months off work and spending all this time with my family.  We have a vacation house in Wisconsin that I anticipate we'll spend a couple weeks at a time at swimming in the lake and having picnics on the beach.

I'm looking forward to nursing, but not looking forward to pumping.  I've had a 5 month break after 6 years of constantly nursing at least one child.  Nursing a newborn is so gentle and peaceful.  But I start freaking out right away about stocking up a freezer supply because I know I can't keep up once I get back to work.  Somehow we've managed not to supplement with anything until after each baby has been 1 year old--but it's always a struggle.

My then three year old attempted to give our last baby back to the midwife lol.gif  I was sitting at the table nursing her when she came up to me and said "Mommy, can I sit in your lap?". I told her "Wait until she finishes eating and I'll give her to Daddy."  She responded "Don't give her to Daddy.  Giver her back to her!" and pointed at the midwife who was just finishing up the after birth clean up! 

#28 of 30 Old 03-26-2011, 09:18 PM

My first. I'm looking forward to seeing what she looks like. I guess I'm looking forward to the whole experience, because this one will be mine...I won't have to wait my turn to get to hold her or play with her or love on her! ( well, I may have to take turns with her dad...but that's okay!)  I'm really looking forward to seeing her bond with her father, because he didn't get to raise his first daughter...and I think he'll be a wonderful father.

I'm looking forward to being shed of the SPD pain. I want to be able to get up from the car/bed/chair without tears in my eyes. I can't wait to be able to drive again. And dance! And just put my pants on in under 10 minutes. I'm also looking forward to rare steak, and having my appetite return, and being able to drink Pepsi again without heartburn.  And being able to be intimate again without feeling like we are being watched!

#29 of 30 Old 03-27-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camprunner View Post

My then three year old attempted to give our last baby back to the midwife lol.gif  I was sitting at the table nursing her when she came up to me and said "Mommy, can I sit in your lap?". I told her "Wait until she finishes eating and I'll give her to Daddy."  She responded "Don't give her to Daddy.  Giver her back to her!" and pointed at the midwife who was just finishing up the after birth clean up! 

That's funny!  My first two are only 18 months apart and the oldest called his baby brother Max, "Boc."  I figured "Max was just difficult for him to say, but one friend claimed "Boc" meant "back" as in "give him back."

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#30 of 30 Old 03-27-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyPop View Post

My first. I'm looking forward to seeing what she looks like. I guess I'm looking forward to the whole experience, because this one will be mine...I won't have to wait my turn to get to hold her or play with her or love on her! ( well, I may have to take turns with her dad...but that's okay!)  I'm really looking forward to seeing her bond with her father, because he didn't get to raise his first daughter...and I think he'll be a wonderful father.

I'm looking forward to being shed of the SPD pain. I want to be able to get up from the car/bed/chair without tears in my eyes. I can't wait to be able to drive again. And dance! And just put my pants on in under 10 minutes. I'm also looking forward to rare steak, and having my appetite return, and being able to drink Pepsi again without heartburn.  And being able to be intimate again without feeling like we are being watched!

I *LOVED* that part of being a first time mom! I felt like I could finally just sit and hold a baby without anyone telling me what to do, when to do it or whatever, and we did manage to squeeze in a week here and there with no family around to tell us what to do. I could take her back whenever I wanted, I could hold her all day (and night) if I felt like it (dh was gone for days at a time after the first week sadly) and I didn't care if it knocked every cow in Texas flat on their butts... she was ALL MINE!! lol.gif

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page