Anybody else? Names? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is there anybody else here who still has to think up names? We don't have anything. I mean absolutely nothing! We don't know what it is, so have to come up with one of each, but neither of us has any names that we even remotely like! We go through some of those name sites and come up with nothing. I know I've got a couple months to go, but it's beginning to make me nervous!

#2 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 01:37 PM

we have a boys name (but only because it's what we would have named dd if she'd been a boy). 

we have no ideas if the little one is a girl.  well, we tossed around a few names, but don't love anything (not as much as we loved dd's name when we came up with it).  dh is kinda stressing about it.  i'm trying not to and said to him, "let's just wait until the baby's born.  perhaps she'll (if it's a girl, of course) just tell us her name."  he didn't like that at all.

mother is a verb
I GOT MY vbac.gif!!!

#3 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 05:51 PM

We hadn't talked about it in a long time until last weekend.  Then we came up with a list of about 5 names that we quickly narrowed down to two names for a girl that we agree upon.  I'm not super excited about either yet.  My husband loves Zoe and I'm trying to let it grow on me.  We both kept Rylee on the list too.  So it would be either...

Zoe Elaine

or

Rylee (or Riley) Elaine 

And if we're surprised with a boy instead of the girl we think it is...

Zachary

We don't have a middle name for a boy, but we're pretty sure this is a girl.  Does anyone else think either girls names go better with the other kids' names:  Jacob, Max, and Ella?

It may just be a matter of seeing the baby.  When Max was born I instantly knew he was  a "Max", not "Colin" which is the name we had picked earlier.

Anxious to hear everyone else's picks!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#4 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 06:00 PM

We are using the name we saved for 8 years that would have been DS's had he been a she. That was an easy one. If she was a boy we'd have been in trouble, LOL.

#5 of 11 Old 03-23-2011, 06:50 PM

oooh, i was thinking of starting a new name thread since most people would have their picks narrowed down by now!  

silversage - if we were having a boy, we would probably be in the same boat as you!  i find boys names so difficult.  the ones i like are super popular or taken by someone close to us.  but girls names are so easy to me... the difficult part is choosing!

we're going with Carys York or Elena York although we won't make a final decision until we meet her.  i'm pretty sure she'll be a Carys though... it's dh's first choice and i'm just feeling like she'll be a carys over an elena :)  

(York is my MIL's maiden name and dh's middle name.  MIL only had sisters so the name has almost died out in his family)

if we're surprised with a boy, then we'll probably go with the name dh told me he wanted to name a son not long after i met him... it's sooo popular, especially around here, but unless we think up something else we can agree on on short notice, he'll be Ethan York.

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#6 of 11 Old 03-24-2011, 08:49 PM

I have been telling people Pedro Jose Julio for a boy and he can pick his own middle name at 5 bc I have ZERO ideas for a boy!!

Prudence for a girl Prue or Prudy for short and she will pick her own middle name out at 5.

Am I crazy that I put names on this forum?  Is it a kidnapping worry that people have?

#7 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr'smom View Post

Rylee (or Riley) Elaine 

Oooooh  I love this!!  So so pretty.  :)

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
#8 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 08:53 AM

We're having an insanely hard time with names. DH and I are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to names we like for a boy. We sort-of agreed on a list but I'm not in love with any of them and at this point I think he's stopped caring as much. I keep telling myself that when we meet him the name will come to me but our cat has been nameless for 2 years (well.. now he goes by kitty) and DH has fears the same thing will happen if we don't pick something before he is born. I joked that I could go the berenstein bears route and call him "brother"

If we would have had a girl the name would have been easy, we had 2 names that we loved. 

#9 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 04:43 PM

We could only agree on one boys name, James, for my son so that was easy.

Our girls name for him was Eleanor (or Elinor) Beatrix. We have both liked that since we were dating. Now there is a little girl in our small church a few months younger than my son with the same name so husband is worried about popularity. Catherine is our second choice.

For boys we are fighting over George or Gregory. He has vetoed all my other names, many for being too Norman. I prefer George, him Gregory. He worries George and James are too stuffy together, too American President. I like Gregory but not so much Greg.

Impass.

Mama to Monkey (Jan '09), Bee (May '11), and Cat (August, '13)

#10 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 05:30 PM

We finally agreed on Elliot Marie..yes, that's a girl. I like it because there's so few girls named Elliot! When we picked our son's name, I didn't think it was that popular at the time, but apparently it was.. his name's Ethan.

DH(9/04) DS(12/08) and DD(5/11)

#11 of 11 Old 03-25-2011, 08:55 PM

We have our lists from previous pregnancies, but I am finding DH progressively harder to deal with on names with each pregnancy.  This time, he's not even sure he likes our stand-by girl name that we picked with pregnancy #1 and carried through the next pregnancy as well (and I still love best out of all our girl picks).  And boy names, well those are hard because we've already used up two favorite names, and we feel like there aren't that many left on the list that we like a whole lot.  We use Irish names so it limits it a bit more than just any name on the planet.  I figure it's going to come down to baby day and tears on my part, to be honest.  I let go of my preferred name for DS2 (in hindsight, the name we ended up using is so suited to him, of course I can't imagine him as a Seamus now!), so I kind of anticipate DH will go along with my choice this time, provided it's not totally out of left field :P

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page