Anyone else's baby NOT vertex??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 09:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know that she still has plenty of time to turn, but I'm getting a little impatient.  Okay, and uncomfortable LOL.  This is new to me--both of my previous babies were head-down and staying that way long before this point.  This one seems to be all over the place--I know I feel her breech and transverse.  Not sure if she sometimes goes vertex and I just don't notice because it's not so uncomfortable or what.  Anyone else??

Beth
Mama to DD 2.18.03, DS 3.18.06, DD 5.7.11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-26-2011, 10:06 PM

#3 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 03:29 PM

I'm 33 weeks, and while baby is mostly vertex, with lots of anterior/posterior flipping, there are definitely moments when baby is transverse or breech still. Transverse fortunately doesn't last long... I don't think it's very comfy to be sideways in there. And I can usually get baby out of breech with a bit of poking, prodding, and cajoling. Poor kid is getting nagged to make Mom happy before s/he's even born! Lol.
#4 of 10 Old 03-27-2011, 04:18 PM

I wish I could figure out what's going on in there. I really think LO just flipped vertex and it's actually driving me crazy, getting kicked higher and more strangely than before - possibly anterior? - and I think it's the head snuggled down in my pelvis that has caused my hip pain to flare up again. All this just as I was starting to feel like I was making some headway in the sleep and exercise departments. Maybe 'he's' just testing the waters, so to speak, for the last hurrah? :)

Both of my other two stayed breach or transverse right up until the last minute, and then flipped, so I'm really not too worried about what this one's doing right now - of course I've got 9ish weeks left as opposed to some of you - I just wish I could sleep and walk for longer periods of time again!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#5 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 06:49 AM

I am 33 weeks with #3 and this baby changes position daily. She is breech at this moment, but she was vertex when I woke up this morning. So, I am trying not to stress about it, but it is driving me bonkers. I wish she would settle down. However, I have a severe diastesis, and I think that is why she can flip so easily. I was wearing an abdominal binder and she was pretty consistently vertex at that time. So, I think I am going to start wearing it again. 

Heather
mama to E (4 years) and J (2 years) and K (born in May)
#6 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

35 weeks and breech. I am a bit worried.

Momma to DS 1, age 8 and rainbow baby DS2 4-21-11.
#7 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm just 33 weeks but this baby flips all over.  This is baby #4.  Baby #3 did the same thing, flipped vertex, breech, transverse almost daily and didn't stay head down until 37 weeks.  I was at the chiropractor weekly and also would do inversions and be on all 4's occasionally.  This time I'm not so worried since it's happened before.  And mostly the reason I can tell where baby is due to hiccups...I've had them right up under my sternum, right below my left ribs and down low in my hips...this baby is moving constantly.smile.gif

S, mama to L(DD)-12/04, K(DS1)-12/06, C(DS2)-03/09 & B(DS3)-05/11

#8 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 AM

All my babies were head down very early on and stayed that way except this one.  It was the stangest feeling when she went transverse last week.  Fortunately, she only stayed that way a day and is vertex again.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#9 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 11:08 AM

This thread is giving me hope!!  I had a scan yesterday at 35 weeks and baby's head was up on my left side,  So it must be a bum that I'm feeling on my right hip bone sometimes.  I am really uncomfortable today, and feeling almost nothing for big kicks.  I have had the odd day or two like this here and there, but then in between I have stretches with no "head in my ribs" feeling and lots of really high kicks and little wiggles down low, so I am clinging to the hope that the baby is flipping all over alot...?  I have felt hiccups up high and down low, too, another indicator.  Heck, there have been days where I was positive baby was head down but posterior - I would feel wiggles in front down low, small kicks in the middle (knees, I assumed!) and hard kicks with bulging feet up high, all in a line right down my middle.

I am seeing a chiro tomorrow and going for a soak in the pool afterward.  Have a call in for moxibustion as well, and we hauled up a big piece of plywood last night to set up a spot for me to invert a couple of times a day.  This is all new to me, I haven't had to do a thing to turn babes in previous pregnancies. My mom's third was breech until a very agressive (as in, I am betting more aggressive than they would be these days) external version, so the superstitious part of me fears history is repeating itself! 

#10 of 10 Old 04-01-2011, 12:53 PM

Not to be a downer or anything, but hiccups arent a good indicator of positioning :(  You can often feel a hiccup just as strongly in a butt as a chest and head.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page