Last chat thread of March, ladies :) - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 07:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

I ordered three shirts and three pairs of pants from Old Navy and they came last night. I am pretty stoked about wearing them for the next two months (and probably a bit beyond!) all of my other maternity stuff is so gross and frumpy looking.

Yay!  I picked up a couple of new maternity t-shirts there a couple of weeks ago...they are nothing special but just having something different to wear makes such a big difference in my mood!!

Just got kicked like crazy up high, so whatever the kid was up to yesterday, it seems to be settling back to somewhat normal (I am betting on face up right now bsaed on kicks being dead centre under my ribs, but I'll take that versus whatever was going on yesterday!).

#32 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 08:08 AM

Just ordered some birth stuff too:

boring stuff though :(

Hibiclens, 20cc needleless syringes, cord clamp.

Everyone at my baby shower is decorating a belly cast so I ordered the kit for that. I am just going to do around my belly because I don't want anyone painting on my boobs.

Evergreen- Loving my girls Dylan dust.gifage8, Ava energy.gifage 4 and baby Georgia baby.gif (6/3/11).

#33 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM

I just got a few new maternitywear items too - had to go to the massive maternity store to exchange an online purchase that was hideous (it looked SO CUTE online, and SO old-lady and weird and too-short ON me. :-/)... I was SUPER irked that it took about 4x as long in the store as it needed to, and they wouldn't sell me anything without knowing my due date and what # kid this is for me, while bombarding me with ads and coupons for $h!t that I want NOTHING to do with (huggies, diaper bags, strollers galore - lots of plastic stuff that has no place in my life, etc), oh, and I was offered apple juice like 4 different times... nice thought, but I'm not supposed to have excess sugar, and this sure wasn't 100% juice (even if it was, apple's a more sugary juice)

BUT, It's SO nice to have a couple of new items after several months of rotating the same handful of pieces... finally got a pair of reasonably priced maternity jeans, plus a shelf-bra tank that's SUPER comfy and will also work for nursing and the "fourth trimester" (so awesome I that I got 3 more in different colors when I exchanged that top!), a dress that's cute whether or not I'm preggo, maternity tights and thongs... 

Also got a belly support belt from Amazon, and I'm eyeing the belly binders for post-partum.

I'm about to purge my closet again and get rid of EVEN MORE non-maternity stuff... I think it's just easier when it doesn't fit (and you realize you don't like it that much anyway)... jury's still out on the shoes that are too-tight right now... still hanging on to most of those to see what happens.

DP and I did a MASSIVE cleaning last night into the wee hours of the morning - it's his birthday today, and he said that getting rid of all that junk (and getting what remains sorted/organized) is the best birthday present EVER.  DP has been reading the Birth Partner book and it's great to have him more involved - encouraging me to do certain exercises, he's having me get a backup birth partner (my ex bf who's a good friend - they're both okay with that) and do a bunch of other prep stuff.  He's kind of starting to panic about all the stuff we still have to do (about time - I've been fretting for months... not serious fretting, but...) Still lots of boxes of paper to sort/scan/shred, CDs to digitize, photos/scrapbook stuff to do, craft stuff to sort, ikea stuff to install/mount, but... really, it's getting there... he's done SO MUCH to help me turn my crazy-messy apartment into a wonderful home for us, the cats, and our future kiddo.

We also had our midwife visit last night - baby's still in a good position - I'm getting pretty darn good at identifying where the parts are, and knowing how the baby's positioned.  She's happy with my diet/weight gain progress (she told me to go ahead and treat myself to a cookie) - said I'm looking REALLY healthy, and the baby's neurosystem is intact based on the way the heartbeat reacted to stimulus.

I get to add another EPO capsule per day (that's 8 pills a day - 3 prenatal vitamins, 2 probiotics and 3 EPO capsules - oy!), and next visit we'll up the RRL tea.... also next visit is my GBS test (fun), and we'll start talking more about the actual birth setup/process.

I ordered the official birth kit, arranged to borrow a pool (still need the pumps/hoses, etc), contacted my cloth pad lady for post-partum pads, and have done a TON of research on stuff to buy, but I still have like NOTHING for the kid, except for a couple of blankets... my sister is throwing me a brunch in a couple of weeks (I did NOT want a shower, but people aren't really understanding it's not a shower, so, hey, maybe they'll get me some one-size hemp fuzzibunz or something else useful? lol) - I'm getting kind of anxious wondering if I should just buy some of the stuff we need (newborn "try cloth" diaper package, kimono shirts, receiving blankets), or if I should wait until after the brunch (which is happening at 37w2d, so in theory I could have the kid before then, even though I'm totally not getting that feeling)... 

*WHEW* it feels good to get all of that out - sorry for the long post!

(edited for grammar/punctuation *facepalm*)

#34 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter

lizzie - thanks for your response to my post about second pregnancy - made a ton of sense.

DH's grandmother passed away this week and it's thrown everything into a bit of disarray right before our shower.  It's been comforting that she passed away quickly and peacefully during a nap.  We've been in close contact with her the last few months.  We were really looking forward to skyping with her to show her the baby when he comes.  Damn circle of life, I guess...

It does put things into perspective though, I don't care if my floors are SPOTLESS for the shower.  I just want to have a good time with my loved ones and friends and hopefully get some rest this weekend.

Anna, married to my soulmate and expecting #1 in May 2011.... 3 kitties
#35 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 11:32 AM

Ac-

I'm so sorry about your loss.

#36 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen View Post

Just ordered some birth stuff too:

boring stuff though :(

Hibiclens, 20cc needleless syringes, cord clamp.

Everyone at my baby shower is decorating a belly cast so I ordered the kit for that. I am just going to do around my belly because I don't want anyone painting on my boobs.

Thank you for mentioning this!! I need to use Hibiclens this weekend. I've got my GBS swab on Monday.

Annaconda- So sorry for your loss. DH lost his grandmother during my last pregnancy. I would've much rather her go quickly than how she did. Her nursing home had her transported to the hospital who did NOT have her DNR on file, and it took a court order and all 6 children to sign off on removing her intubation tube. Her youngest daughter threw a fit and fought it to the bitter end. It was not a good thing, and definitely not fun to go through while pregnant.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#37 of 43 Old 03-31-2011, 02:53 PM

I'm very sorry for your loss, annaconda :(

Well...I was wrong.  Baby is head up.  Poopity poop.  Most of the time it does NOT feel to me like baby is breech, although i will admit today it does (and did even before I got to the hospital for the scan, I could feel the head in my ribs).  I have a call in to my osteopath, am looking to get a name for a chiropractor, and I have a name for an acupuncturist that does moxibustion (and I who I happen to already know from my chorale, so I am sure she will fit me in whenever wherever).  There are OBs both in the district where my midwives practice and here where I live (an hour away - I live in a bigger city) who who are comfortable attending a vaginal breech.  I just would rather not get into the myriad of appointments to consult there and then have to decide whether to try my luck here instead, and all the upheaval that will involve.  I already feel like there's been enough uncertainty and shuffling through care providers during the first 20 weeks of this pregnancy.  I said as much to my midwife and kind of lost it - she said even if I end up at hospital here, they would try their best for one of them to attend as a suuport person (they don't have hospital priveleges here).  Anyway, it is typical of me to get ahead of myself, since there is a good chance baby will turn - but I have a need to think through to all the potential end results just to help me prepare mentally for it.  I will feel better about it all tomorrow, I'm sure.

#38 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 05:57 AM

Yay!  It's April!  We're getting so close!  We're likely to have births in our group within the next couple weeks!  (And yes, some of us won't have a baby until June too.)  How fun!

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#39 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 06:32 AM

I'm sorry for your loss, Annaconda.

PunkElmo - I'd buy only what you need as a bare minimum in case the baby comes "early" (btw, I read that only 5% of babies come at 37 weeks) to ease your nesting panic (perhaps you don't have actual nesting panic, but I do! There's a certain amount of letting go I can't do unless I have a few minimum things).

Can't believe it's April!!!!!

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#40 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 08:13 AM

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered two nursing bras. I got a cheap one for 15 and a "good brand" for 45. I figured I would test them out before I really decided if it was worth the extra money to invest in a few more. Man, 4-6 weeks and I'll be having a baby. I can not believe it!  Happy April!

#41 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 AM

Not happy April so far. I'm sick, my new-to-me minivan is broke down, I have a massive headache-borderline-migraine, things to do and no transportation, the dealership is supposed to pick us up and give me a loaner while they figure out what's wrong. I'm so irritated, scared, and frustrated. Every time I move I get tight and last night I had some regular contractions. I also have my siblings and I'm supposed to be bringing them to my mom right now at their new house they're moving into today. Sigh... Hope everyone's day is going better than mine!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#42 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 11:15 AM

UGh I am sorry Becca. That sounds like a crap day.

We are having a heat wave here and I have puffed up like nobodies business. It's really bad in my ankles but I also had to take off my wedding ring this morning cause it was cutting off my circulation. It's only 11:15am and I'm already so swollen I don't want to wear my shoes. My midwife says hydrate, and then hydrate some more but I swear if I drink any more water I will just burst. Sigh. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#43 of 43 Old 04-01-2011, 11:19 AM

Yucky Becca!!  Hugs to you.  That would make me so sad with the minivan.  I had a run last year where every time I filled a car all the way up it would die and not be worth fixing!!  Oh very upsetting.

I am feeling like crap too.  I never get head aches and have one today.  I have also blown about 2 gallons of snot.  My picture isn't clear enough to me to pick a remedy yet.  I think I'm just gonna go with the Oscillococcinum and cross my fingers.  Holy suck it if I'm sick for my leg of my spring break!!  I will get us to the zoo!!!!!!!  My friend works for Holiday Inn and got us 2 nights for $32 each!!  So excited. I also washed my hair so I have like 48 hours of damp heavy locks ahead of me :(

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page