anyone else had painful baby kicks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 03-30-2011, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Seems to be in the last week or two I have started to notice this more. Last night I am not sure what the baby was doing trying to stretch her legs out, rolling around or just kicking, but felt like she was pushing so hard on my stomach and it hurt.

I have heard of painful kicks in the ribs before, but I don't remember kicks like this with my first little girl LOL.

I was just curious is anyone else has started to experience this?

I am 31 +4 weeks

~Kristy~ *Madeline Age 6 *Baby#2 May28th
#2 of 28 Old 03-30-2011, 02:50 PM

yes I get plenty of painful kicks/movements, and it's not in my ribs.  1st pregnancy I've had this, the other ones I loved every kick and they never hurt. 

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#3 of 28 Old 03-30-2011, 03:43 PM

I am getting painful kicks right to my pelvic bone and also pressure on internal organs and my low back. The baby likes to stuff itself up in my upper right hand side and press down with something (arms, legs, head?) on something lower down. Kidney? Liver? Spleen? Who knows. The rib kicks are actually funny cause I can hear the little thwocking sound when I get kicked there. But yeah, SERIOUSLY uncomfortable. 

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#4 of 28 Old 03-30-2011, 04:15 PM

I got a nasty body part in my hip joint last night. It hurt so bad I was in tears. He's been able to move so strongly it moves my body, and that is never comfortable.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 07:08 AM

i'm having painful kicks too.  there is one sore spot on my belly and it kills me when the baby starts kicking me there!!  

happily married mama to DD1 4/08, angel2.gif angel2.gif12/31/09, and DD2 5/11

#6 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 08:04 AM

Yep, think I've been experiencing things like that since around that time in pregnancy too. I'm 34 + some now and it's hurting more and more at times. Feels like baby is trying stretch me out more than I can go. LOL 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#7 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 08:11 AM

Oh goodness yes! There was one night last week when the baby got into some really funky position and every tiny movement hurt like crazy. I got on my hands and knees on the floor for about an hour and just kept hoping the kid would relax a little.

"The Mothers are the brave ones." - Call the Midwife

#8 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Glad I am not the only one! I thought it was so weird being that I didn't remember this in my first pregnancy. Things haven't been so bad for me today, thankfully it's just here and there some days and not an every day thing so far. Thanks everyone for your replies and experiences! I am getting nervous about the baby dropping soon, the pelvic discomfort is always hard in the end.

Quote:
Yep, think I've been experiencing things like that since around that time in pregnancy too. I'm 34 + some now and it's hurting more and more at times. Feels like baby is trying stretch me out more than I can go. LOL

Dayiscoming, that is exactly how I feel like the baby is trying to stretch farther than my body can go! LOL

Quote:
Oh goodness yes! There was one night last week when the baby got into some really funky position and every tiny movement hurt like crazy. I got on my hands and knees on the floor for about an hour and just kept hoping the kid would relax a little.

Partaria, I have experience that a couple times, where the baby is laying in a unique position and I feel constant pressure and every move is uncomfortable for a little while. Sometimes changing positions, laying on my side or getting on all 4's helps the baby move a bit. I feel your pain though.

#9 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 04:46 PM

I feel like this baby is trying to smoosh my intestines out of my body. Sorry if that's too gross, but OOOWWWWW.

treehugger.giftrekkie.gif married to Mikestillheart.gif Mama to my furry babies cat.gifjust gave birth to our first babyf.gif DS.

#10 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 05:13 PM

I had those from weeks 24-32.. now that there is less room the baby cant quite wind up as forcefully.

#11 of 28 Old 03-31-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elonwy View Post

The rib kicks are actually funny cause I can hear the little thwocking sound when I get kicked there. But yeah, SERIOUSLY uncomfortable. 

Ahh, me too! Except it's not just when he gets my ribs. I thought I was crazy that I could "hear" the baby!

I haven't experienced anything too painful. Earlier on when he could still turn circles, that was uncomfortable. Now, it kind of hurts when he stretches himself out, and I also feel like he's scratching at my cervix sometimes. That'll make me jump, but it's really not that bad, probably because it only lasts a second. If it was all the time, oy.

Mama to learning.gifJulian Matthew, born 5/10/2011 nocirc.gif  

Hopeful vbac.gif for the next!

#12 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 05:00 AM

For me it's the exploratory cervix pokes that are the most uncomfortable.  Not painful but just the oddest sensation.  Kind of like being at a gyno appt & trying to carry on a normal conversation whithout letting on that someone is fishing around for an escape route!  bigeyes.gif

Carolyn - Mama to DD Kailyn (08/08) & due May 18/2011
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35belly.gif*** 40
#13 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 06:01 AM

Definately the clawing at the cervix that is the most uncomfortable to me!  It's like she's trying to get out!  I enjoy all the other movement.

dayiscoming2006 likes this.

Mom to 5 amazing kids! (DS8, DS7, DD4, DD2 and DS0)

#14 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 06:52 AM

I definitely get painful kicks - they are NO fun.  In the ribs, the side of my stomach... at least the cervix exploring has halted (for now) - I agree, that just felt weird.  :)

****5****10****15****20****25****30*@**35 ****40
Due May 4th!
#15 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 08:24 AM

Mine isn't kicking directly so much anymore, as trying to push and stretch his way out of my side. He's also got his hands at his head (I think) and I can feel little knobby fist balls in my pubic area. Freaking hurts though!

#16 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM

Not until this week. Now I have a tender spot on one side that always feels raw when she kicks it. And I swear sometimes she pinches my urethra! I know, physically impossible, but that's what it feels like. Ouch! Other than that, I enjoy all the kicks and punches.

#17 of 28 Old 04-01-2011, 09:45 PM

Yes, very much so. Usually the pelvic and rib kicks are the ones that hurt most. The rest are fine even if stronger ones. She likes to grab at my hip area with her hands a lot, lol. The area where my upper thigh meets my belly... she's always got her little mitts in there grabbing xD

#18 of 28 Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 AM

I never experienced this with my first but have this time around. The other night he did some sorta crazy hard move onto my cervix that I thought he was going to come out right then and there! I'm just happy he's a lot lower than my first and isn't hanging out in my ribs at all. 

#19 of 28 Old 04-06-2011, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter

The baby found my ribs the other night! Thankfully I got up and walked around and she scooted back down. LOL

I have experience the painful cervix kicks in my 2nd trimester, but baby is head down and pretty much stays that way so far...

#20 of 28 Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 PM

I feel like the baby is occasionally telling me to empty my bladder with what feels like *very* deliberate kicks there, as 'he' looks for more room? But it makes me gasp, and of course clinch everything together so I don't have an accident! Then I run to the bathroom - only to barely go at all.

I got one kick in a ligament-ish spot while I was sleeping that made me yelp and woke me up. Scared my husband, but I assumed I was being asked to roll over. :)

All three of mine have given me fairly painful kicks at one time or another... this baby has yet to compare to his big sister in frequency or intensity, though I wonder if that's because I was so shocked when her kicks would hurt - I'd had no idea some movements would be painful during my first pg.

I get what feels like the baby pushing their little booty straight at (as though trying to go through!) my belly button, and that stretches things very uncomfortably!

It's such a relief to finally trust yourself.
#21 of 28 Old 04-08-2011, 08:27 AM

lizzie - Mine likes to stretch too. Yesterday was the strangest one yet. He pushed his foot all the way out and I could distinctively see it to the point where I grabbed onto it and shook it a little. I felt straight out of the Alien movie. :)

#22 of 28 Old 04-08-2011, 11:29 AM

LOL - that is so cute!

I don't know if it was here in our DDC or not, but I read one lady saying that her baby would push their foot out like that, and she'd hold it, and the baby kept doing that, like they enjoyed the contact. Then when her baby was born, they *still* enjoyed stretching their foot for the mama to hold onto. Just adorable. ;)

#23 of 28 Old 04-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Today, I did a bit of shopping after some lunch with my kiddos. But, as I was walking it was like baby attack. I had to force myself not to cringe or cry out because that'd be embarrassing and alarming for others around LOL. I cut that trip short.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#24 of 28 Old 04-08-2011, 08:56 PM

I get the butt sticking out real high and quite a bit of back now in the last couple days. I've been rubbing the little bottom and back and I swear the baby pushes out a little bit like it's enjoying the contact.

My chiro's wife told me how she would do the same thing and to this day her daughter loves her back being rubbed like that smile.gif

#25 of 28 Old 04-09-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:

I get the butt sticking out real high and quite a bit of back

My little one has been doing that for about a month now.  It will stick its butt out on my right side and you can see the lump.  I also like to rub it and talk to it then.  The other day though, DH and i were early for our birth class and i took the chance to take a quick nap in the car.  just as i was dozing i got what i can only presume was an elbow to the pelvic bone.  i jumped and squawked, scaring my husband!  other than that, i've been getting fists to the cervix, colon, and bladder, and feet to the ribs.  it's uncomfortable, but i'm glad to have such a strong little baby in there!

#26 of 28 Old 04-09-2011, 09:24 PM

I talked with a woman in line at the grocery store today who had twin boys - they're about 8 I think, judging in size, they were comparable with my son - and she said one of them had kicked her so hard he broke a rib when she was pg with them.

OUCH!!

But like you said, Blixie, at least she knew they were strong!

#27 of 28 Old 04-12-2011, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I get the butt sticking out real high and quite a bit of back now in the last couple days.

I have had the same thing happen quite a bit too! :)

#28 of 28 Old 04-14-2011, 01:42 AM

Whoa painful night!!  It is as though I am stuck in perma contraction with some nice jabs and harsh pokes to go along with it.  God I need my uterus to relax!!  The pain is shooting down my leg even!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page